« on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:29 PM »

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007, 05:20 AM by 4:00am »

Re: .
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:48 PM »
the buildings in that third panel look like theyre leaning backward.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:49 PM »
yes 4, yes yes, your 'borgs I can never be satiated with. your buildings are always so beautifully detailed.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:31 AM »
You're improving so much each time I see your artwork. I'm such a fan of your character's hair too. The style and all that.
Someone has already mentioned the buildings, however one thing I see is that you should incorporate more full/larger panels to evening pages out and along the way- add better contrast between the background and the foreground (characters). Her hair does that slightly, but perhaps add thicker/different widths to your lines to seperate things. Same thing with that last image. The foreground really blends in together.

Anything else I'd have to say would be add more emotion to your faces! They all seem like thier lips are puffed out. They're not BAD, they just don't give off anything dynamic.

Also, I REALLY love the 4th panel. Very hot. That last one is also very hot.

Great work, 4!

(If you can, change the title to your thread to something other then ".")

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2007, 06:29 AM »
It looks like you're improving on the issue you have with faces. They're still too long in some areas but on that headsheet it looks like you're only having the problem occasionally now. The one thing I'm really noticing now is the size of the mouths, when the mouth is in a neutral position your lips should go to the center of your eyes. It's really noticable in the left and right bottom panels on the comic page as well as the headsheet. The clouds are looking pretty crazy on the last panel in the middle, it looks like you framed the clouds around her face, it would probably look better if you just had the clouds go straight across and now worry about the placement of her head. Proportion wise you're improving a lot, I'd noticed you tend to have a lot of long torsos with short legs, I don't really see that here at all aside from on the headsheet.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007, 05:22 AM by 4:00am »

Re: ................
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:12 AM »
The arm on the water girl looks anorexic, and the lines on it strengthen that impression, but the rest of her body does not. Also, the water looks like fire in some places; I think it's the erratic lines.
The smoke doesn't look much like smoke, probably partly because of the clearly-defined depth and folds and smooth coloring on it.
The burned flesh looks pretty good, though, even if her stance is strange. Is she leaning on something?
I refuse to apologize if my style looks like a blank piece of paper to you.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:10 PM »
I think I've mentioned this to you more than once before, but you gotta vary up your linewidths! With everything the same linewidth, everything looks flat and 2D like they're all on the same plane, and thereby making figures hard to differentiate (it's very true in the pic with SG and the ogre-thing). All the detailwork is neat, but if you don't keep them separate they'll just get lost within themselves!

I also gotta agree with Lune about those faces; they've always got that blank/dead expression on them. Push it a little more!

Also, I don't know what the comic page is about, but that sudden NIPPON SUNBURST panel seems to just suddenly break the mood. That's just me, though.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2007, 12:05 PM »
sup with them eyes man... there's very lil difference between peoples eyes.
like everyones chinky.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:11 PM »

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2007, 12:18 PM »
jesus wow 4, your faces and details are getting more stable and subtle in execution.

I like very much the picture at the bottom of the first post. Thought the foreground elelment (Haruko) gets lost in a sea of details.

I think your next focus should be balancing emphasis with your detail-rich pictures. Or finding out ways of seperating elements of a picture as you see fit.

The chameleon picture is a good example of this, where even though his face is LINED with scales you can tell what pops and what recesses due to the added touch of black.

Compositionally, they are great. But know what to draw and to what extent (what if you dont have marker shadings to help you?). negative spaces are in themselves visible details too
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007, 12:21 PM by Monday »

« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:24 PM »
her chest is crooked in the 3rd panel and the heads look too big in the ghastly picture and the girl with burning flesh.
your coloring looks very nice, your buildings look well-detailed, and the picture with the big monster-guy in the background and the girl in the foreground looks overall fantastic.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:43 PM »

« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:08 PM »
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2007, 07:33 PM by Haven12 »

« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2007, 12:01 AM »
the last two ones look pretty strong, they seem inked.

I think another thing is your shadows dont really capture the shapes in the earlier ones, they focus on each bump and ridge instead of the overall shape of the object.

its like your coloring usually brings the feelings of relief sculpures... ex

instead of a full volumed object like a complete sculpture

i think if your greys had that 3d feeling they'd work really good like the one with the lizard dude, and some clean finish(inks?) like the last one.

In any case you seem to be getting better, hotness

« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:38 AM »
STOP DRAWING SKINNY WHITE PEOPLE.

LETS SEE SOME FAT NASTY BLACK AUNT JEMIMA PEOPLE!

« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Damn gabe...dey not even white homie, they asian.
<orenkie>Im da one that went to da gun fight wit a knife...and wooooon. Even when his friends left h

« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:32 PM »

« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2007, 10:12 PM »
I don't know about you dude, but her face looks like it was smashed with a stop sign and it left quite the impression on her. Also, what's with her legs man? If she's that lumpy down there, why not up on her arms and chest? I know fat people have lumps, but that just looks unnatural man.

You also still have the lifeless asian eyes going, how are you drawing them anyway? I wanna know.
;-)

« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2007, 11:58 AM »
gabe if u don't quit promoting the drawing of big women lol, despite how disturbing those legs are.....thats damn acurate...see that type of thing at my job alllllllll the time.But i feel u did overdo it especially after u pass the knees, main thing that caught me as off in the face was her nose and lips

« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2007, 02:08 PM »
those are my legs right there
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:41 PM »

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2007, 04:29 AM »

« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Big jump, man, I'm impressed.

The second piece lacks a bit of focus on the subject (the girl); I think it would help if she had a bolder outline or if the background was more subdued.

« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:07 AM »
you are getting hella better friend. i love the gord drawing, particularly marker rendering and clothes folds. photo referenced?

work more on yer faces

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

254 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us