So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #900 on: Feb 23, 2011, 08:16 AM »
And here I was planning to not leave the house today, DAMN YOU! I'll pick it up today
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #901 on: Feb 23, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Dammit I'll have to buy the four issues.  My collector's pride won't let me remain content with only a single issue of a miniseries.

« Reply #902 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:16 AM »
Picked up the last copy my comic store had! Haven't gotten to read it yet but it looks awesome
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #903 on: Feb 24, 2011, 12:28 PM »
been reading http://ratfist.com/ since it started. I love Doug TenNapel's work, and I was also excited to see Skottie Young do a page for it as well :D

« Reply #904 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Fantastic Four #588, the final issue.  It's really quite an emotional story and quite apropos considering the big comic event of the last issue.  But what's great about the comic is that it really has an intense story without a single word being uttered until the last page.  There's also a backup story featuring Spiderman that's also pretty emotional and well written.  I really like Hickman's writing.

« Reply #905 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:01 PM »
I just got my hands on a bunch of milestone comics. great art considering that it was all done by hand.

« Reply #906 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:54 AM »
great art considering that it was all done by hand.

wait... what?! aren't comics inherently done by hand?

« Reply #907 on: Feb 25, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Seriously.

Now, I'd be impressed if they were done by foot

« Reply #908 on: Feb 25, 2011, 10:58 AM »
by tongue
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #909 on: Feb 25, 2011, 05:16 PM »
pure telekinesis

« Reply #910 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:19 PM »
I'm 10000000000000000.01% addicted to CHEW. I mean it has everything, suspense, guns, gays, romance, oh and cannibalism.

« Reply #911 on: Feb 25, 2011, 10:14 PM »
great art considering that it was all done by hand.

wait... what?! aren't comics inherently done by hand?

I'm talking about the coloring, it's all done in marker and since I'm used to seeing comic going by color guides for printing, I thnk it looks nice. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #912 on: Mar 05, 2011, 12:41 AM »
Just finished Marvel's Civil War We Don't Need Your Civil War

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/i-dont-need-your-civil-war/

« Reply #913 on: Mar 09, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Just finished Kill Audio, with art by Sheldon:

The story is kinda weird, but makes sense at the end.

and am about halfway through The Complete Rocketeer:

such great pulpy goodness.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #914 on: Mar 09, 2011, 06:20 PM »
I recently read Velocity issue 3.

Number 4 can't get here FAST enough OHOHOHOHOHOHO. The art on the inside is so good. I wish I could get the same thin-line look with all the detail and colouring on it without it looking like ass, but I can't =/.

« Reply #915 on: Mar 09, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Ah I keep forgetting  I want to get Velocity too.  But the local place doesn't have too much Image in stock.  At least not the superhero titles, they tend to have the esoteric stuff like Orc Stain and Elephantmen though.

« Reply #916 on: Mar 13, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Just finished I Kill Giants.  Came very close to crying at the end.  Damn good stuff.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #917 on: Mar 13, 2011, 02:16 PM »
I fucking adore I Kill Giants. It's amazing.

« Reply #918 on: Mar 13, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I also heartily recommend it if people still haven't read it.  DO IT NOW.  Oh and I just picked up the first volume of Incognito.

« Reply #919 on: Mar 17, 2011, 11:53 PM »
I just finished Devilman manga. I actually didn't expect the ending, even though I guessed many parts right. Dammnnn.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #920 on: Mar 19, 2011, 04:55 AM »
@Jho it's too bad I only know about the ending, spoiled myself before I knew where to read Devilman. Really REALLY makes me wish I had waited and read up to the end so it would have surprised me.

I'm reading

New Grappler Baki, where

People blow into each others ears so hard that

Their brains come out the other side.

And other completely unrealistic shenanigans. Very heavily stylized and not realistic in combat at all but man am I having so much fun reading through it

« Reply #921 on: Mar 19, 2011, 05:04 AM »
I think it's online but as a Devilman fan I recommend reading Neo Devilman.  Neo Devilman is an anthology which is full of short stories revolving around or taking place within the Devilman story.  And all of the authors are well known mangaka.  In fact Go Nagai has a story in it, which will seem very familiar because it was so well recieved that he included it in the original Devilman story and subsequently all volumes were reprinted with the short story becoming a part of the larger narrative.

Ah, also if you can find it Amon: The Darkside of the Devilman is really fun too and has great art.  It's a two part story, the first part takes place before the final battle and is about Amon (the demon who is possessed by Devilman) taking control and the second part is all about his origins in prehistory.

Holy shit, I didn't know about this but apparently Amon had a 'sequel' same artist and all called Devilman Mokushiroku (Apocalypse) - Strange Days.  And hey whaddya know it's all nice and scanlated online.  While I guess it's a sidestory, it rather seems like a reimagining in a way.  It's a pretty self contained story within the Devilman setting.
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011, 05:34 AM by William_Duel »

« Reply #922 on: Mar 27, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I read Cowboys and Aliens.  The story is terrible, the art is terrible, I do not wish it on my worst enemy.  I have no idea why someone at Borders put it on their staff picks.  They must be a bit soft in the head.  It makes sense to me what someone told me that the movie industry is basically making these comics that are just basically movie pitches in comic form.  The industries are starting to head in that direction.  I can only hope the movie version isn't this shitty.  Not that I was even looking forward to it.

« Reply #923 on: Mar 28, 2011, 11:15 AM »
The Coffin

Absolutely amazing, the inks are so sick. The above link has the first few pages.

« Reply #924 on: Apr 15, 2011, 06:24 PM »

Just finished reading Gerard Way's and Gabriel Ba's "The Umbrella Academy-Apocalypse Suite", which in my lowly opinion was pretty fucking sweet! Gotta love the family drama and the GREAT art.

Also, I suggest taking a look at the webcomic http://www.lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1
It's set in the 1920's, it has maniacal laughter abound, and CATS! CATS EVERYWHERE!
Also its just a really funny and well drawn comic too and cool in almost all aspects.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

251 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us