So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #800 on: Jul 27, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Sean Murphy is going to run me out of money, I swear. Hes got a hellblazer short coming out in ..October I think and I'm already day dreaming about reading. I've been keeping up with joe the barbarian. The story is interesting, sorta? But I just find myself staring at the art.  I remember catching a video of him inking on youtube, and its just mind blowing how natural he makes it look.

Other than Joe, I've been reading the new Spirit run. I've been eyeballing The Green Hornet, but theres like 7 different series running for it right now and its really convoluted and hard to get into without a metric wad of cash. I've also been reading American Vampire, which is another one I swear I could read sheerly for the art.

I was so pleased when I opened the book and the art was as good as the sexy cover.

« Reply #801 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:57 PM »
You know what else had amazing art? Hellboy: The Wild Hunt. I saw the cover for, what was it, issue 2 or 3, and I flip through it, and I come across this page of Hellboy in this underground cavern with skeletons and stuff, but it's one of the most gorgeous pieces of comic art I've ever seen. The detail, the style, the sheer amount of stuff in it made me buy it instantly.

« Reply #802 on: Jul 28, 2010, 07:12 AM »
Hellboy has great art but every time I've tried to read it I get terribly bored.

« Reply #803 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:20 AM »
I liked Ultimate Spider-man up until issue 100 or so when they changed artists and stuff.

It's funny. I started reading Ultimate Spider-Man after Stuart Immonen began drawing it. I really like his stuff. When I went back to the first issues and saw Mark Bagley's work it's like somebody spat in my eye.

Read Brightest Day: Green Lantern #55 cause there's a story about Lobo and a story about Dex-Starr in it. That and the store clerk assured me that the planets were aligned just right so that for one issue, Geoff Johns could write something good.

Damn liar.

Started collecting One Piece now that they have the 3 volumes in 1 books for about $15 each. It's good but everybody already knows that.
"C'mon, ladies! Play us a tasty lick!"

« Reply #804 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Hellboy has great art but every time I've tried to read it I get terribly bored.

hahaha I thought I was the only one. I like looking at it but I can't ever get into it no matter how many times I try
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #805 on: Jul 28, 2010, 12:09 PM »
pfffftttt.....girls
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #806 on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:06 PM »

Gabe gave me the first two volumes of Elephantmen to read, which I finally finished- it's something I would never see myself picking out on my own but I really enjoyed it

« Reply #807 on: Jul 29, 2010, 01:36 PM »
I just picked up and devoured Scott Pilgrim Volume 6. So frigging good~

« Reply #808 on: Jul 29, 2010, 05:14 PM »
I liked Ultimate Spider-man up until issue 100 or so when they changed artists and stuff.

When I went back to the first issues and saw Mark Bagley's work it's like somebody spat in my eye.

Started collecting One Piece now that they have the 3 volumes in 1 books for about $15 each. It's good but everybody already knows that.

I haven't read the Green Lantern issue that you're referring to, but judging by your dislike of Bagley's art and your non-hate of One Piece, I'd wager that I would be blown away by it. You must be my polar opposite. We should fight to the death.

« Reply #809 on: Jul 30, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Just read Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour and enjoyed - still need to reread for comprehension though
I agree with Nachte that American Vampire is muy sexy - I just realized I am missing an issue! (I dunno how it happened)
Wonder Woman has a whole new attitude (and costume), and I am loving it (that attitude mostly, but the suits okay)
X-Men Legacy is Rogue's book, baby, and its the only X-book haven't dropped from my reading list (take that, X-vampires)

« Reply #810 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:44 AM »
X-Vamps is awesome! 

« Reply #811 on: Aug 01, 2010, 08:19 AM »
I just finished Peepo Choo 1.  This shit is CRAZY

DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #812 on: Aug 01, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I think I already like it..
By air

« Reply #813 on: Aug 01, 2010, 12:48 PM »
I've heard of this, I think I've even read a preview for this, but I still have no clue. Sell me on the series- what's Peepo about?

« Reply #814 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Didn't know where else to stick this and it seems mildly relevant.  Well at least these people were reading comics...
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/superman-comic-saves-familys-home/story?id=11306997&page=1

« Reply #815 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Hot Dog! Best story I have heard all year.  ;D

« Reply #816 on: Aug 05, 2010, 12:57 AM »
I've got a few I'm currently reading:
Steel Ball Run - Because I love reading this series. Still haven't finished the vento aureo arc, and stone ocean ;____;
Micheal Strazynski's Thor run - read the first tpb and i want MORE! I love coipel's Thor! He's so manly ;A;
I was hoping to catch up on Ben Templesmith's Choker sometime in the near future. Looking forward to his newest project!

« Reply #817 on: Aug 14, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Hrm.
Aside from re-reading Scott Pilgrim after the movie and enjoying the video game...
I'm reading Jeff Smith's Bone series.
I recall reading some of this when I was younger. But I'm REALLY getting into it now.
I have a few books in color and some in their original format. I enjoy both formats.

The Mouseguard series. By David Petersen.

Amazing inks and color in here aside from the interesting story. David sometimes live streams when he works on stuff.
I wish I could be as detailed as this.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2010, 10:21 PM by Runic »

« Reply #818 on: Aug 15, 2010, 06:58 AM »
Ahh I remember reading Bone throughout middle and high school- I bought one of the color books, but I personally preferred the black and white version. Have you read Jeff Smith's new series Rasl? It's totally different in tone from Bone, but it still really intrigues me.

« Reply #819 on: Aug 18, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Some cool French comics.

NAJA, by Bengal

« Reply #820 on: Aug 19, 2010, 08:23 PM »
oh, bengal.
why don't you update any more?

« Reply #821 on: Aug 21, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Where'd you find that Bestioles comic? I googled it but can only find some French blogs...

Re: I'm reading Jolies Ténèbres, thanks for asking.
« Reply #822 on: Aug 21, 2010, 03:33 PM »
That reminds me, I had wanted to post this last year but there weren't any pictures online.

I can't get much of the text, but it was pretty dark. It was about little people who live inside a young girl who dies in the woods, forcing them to flee her rotting corpse. Then shit gets bad.

« Reply #823 on: Aug 21, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Man that sounds cool.  But there isn't an english version?

« Reply #824 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Oh yeaahh, Jolies Tenebres! I have that book, but it wasn't translated. The artworks' beautiful, and the story was unexpectedly morbid.

Ms. Don't Touch Me is also a good one by Kerascoet, it's translated too! It's about a high-end courtesan's club with a dark secret.

Vanilla, I got the book from France when I was studying this summer. I tried to buy as many books there as I could!
Perhaps they might have it on an online bookstore, maybe a French one? I don't really know any off the top of my head. You could try Stuart Ng, he has a lot of books imported.
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2010, 05:28 PM by Mishi »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

288 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us