So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #725 on: Jan 25, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Everyone must read Death Day right now:

http://www.samhiti.com/

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

« Reply #726 on: Jan 25, 2010, 01:40 PM »
no seriously....why haven't you bought this yet?

Because my butt hasn't made it out to a comic store in a while :( I'll just order it online

you'd better otherwise your butt and I will have to have a little talk......(yah that's right look at the avatar while you read that last part)
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #727 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »

On the up side, I just finished this gorgeousness: and loved every second of its beautiful destruction
[/quote]

dude, i totally agree. it's awesome and i own it happily!!!

« Reply #728 on: Jan 28, 2010, 03:08 PM »
orc stain.i looked it up.forbidden planets selling!

mmmmMUST     bbbbbBUY

tomorrow when the sun is up :B

« Reply #729 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:26 PM »

This fucking book is so big you can kill a horse with it. They seriously needed to shrink this down as it weighed a ton.
;-)

« Reply #730 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:48 PM »

This thing is like semi graphic novel, as the artist reinterprets some of HP Lovecraft's most well known tales with mind boggling detail.  Really it is amazing to see.  Then the middle of the book is some wierd Sepirothic/Old Ones fusion prayer crap wierd shit by Alan Moore.  Then the final few pages are the most insane drawings I have ever seen from another comic that the artist worked on.  Batshit insane I tell you.  Apparently he's friends with Giger.

« Reply #731 on: Jan 28, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Everyone must read Death Day right now:

http://www.samhiti.com/

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

HOLY FUCK THANK YOUUUuuuu

« Reply #732 on: Jan 30, 2010, 04:41 AM »

This thing is like semi graphic novel, as the artist reinterprets some of HP Lovecraft's most well known tales with mind boggling detail.  Really it is amazing to see.  Then the middle of the book is some wierd Sepirothic/Old Ones fusion prayer crap wierd shit by Alan Moore.  Then the final few pages are the most insane drawings I have ever seen from another comic that the artist worked on.  Batshit insane I tell you.  Apparently he's friends with Giger.

Cthulhuuuuu.......
Tentacles!
http://www.cthulhulives.org/Shoggoth/screening.html

« Reply #733 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Found this a few days ago.
Other good stuff on that site too.

« Reply #734 on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Just started "Heroman," which is a manga created by Stan Lee and drawn by Tamon Ota.

http://www.onemanga.com/Heroman/1/01/

Pretty cool so far, and there's some funny American stereotypes that I think the artist/writer adopt here and there. I'm not sure if Stan Lee is specifically scripting it, but it's worth checking out anyway. BONES is apparently working on an anime.

« Reply #735 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:57 PM »
I thought this was pretty funny and I didn't know where to stick this.  I don't think it needs it's own thread so I thought I'd stick it here.  I haven't actually read this comic but this is pretty funny and the evidence is pretty compelling.
Apparently Gene Simmon's kid likes to rip off manga:'
http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html

« Reply #736 on: Feb 24, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Wow, he's not just a terrible artist, but a plagiarist to boot.

The apple has fallen very far in deed!

« Reply #737 on: Mar 03, 2010, 04:04 PM »
AXE COP

http://www.axecop.com/

It's a super badass webcomic about a badass cop with an axe, written by a 5-year-old and drawn by his 29-year-old brother.

« Reply #738 on: Mar 03, 2010, 06:57 PM »
AXE COP

It's a super badass webcomic about a badass cop with an axe, written by a 5-year-old and drawn by his 29-year-old brother.

« Reply #739 on: Mar 06, 2010, 12:46 AM »
AXE COP

Haha yeah, I love this comic it is great.

I've been reading a few webcomics, Boxer Hockey and Nedroid. I also tracked down the Sinister Spiderman book, which just had the four issues of it in it. I think they're pretty badass. Also picked up another book called Shrapnel, which had an amazing looking cover and the art on the inside is pretty decent too. I haven't had a chance to read too much of it so far. Also picked up the Ultimates 3 finally a little while back, because I really like Joe Mad's work (just got into it within the last year) and wanted to own a piece of it. I wish I could find more of it (other than Darksiders, which I plan on getting sometime...but thats a videogame).

« Reply #740 on: Mar 06, 2010, 01:18 AM »
Just read this today.

Quick read, very cute. Definitely recommend it.

« Reply #741 on: Mar 06, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Oh, man, I can't even list all of the awesome comics I've been reading, but I can certainly try:

Girls With Slingshots
Gunnerkrigg Court
Octopus Pie
Bobwhite
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
Penny Arcade
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Boxer Hockey
Hanna is Not a Boy's Name
FreakAngels
Girly
Dresden Codak
Hark, A Vagrant!

« Reply #742 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:06 PM »

The Metabarons

The Incal

« Reply #743 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:15 PM »
HELLS YEA

If there's anyone that hasn't already read the Metabarons series, please do so immediately.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #744 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Reading some batgirl right now.

I just started frequenting comic shops again, doing a little catch up.  Naturally the two titles I buy en masse are Deadpool and the Darkness.  Though I bought some other titles due to either nostalgia (Image United, it sucks but I'll still waste my money on it and Anti-Venom, cuz I always liked Eddie Brock) or because they seem interesting or novel (atomic robo, sky dolls, dark tower, etc.).  But I'm really enjoying the new Batgirl.  My favorite run was the Cassandra Cain version but I've got nothing against the new Batgirl.  It's still a fun comic and though I haven't been paying attention to all the Batman shenanigans as of late, I'm not lost.  But it's wierd, the last time I read was like a decade ago when the character was still the Spoiler, and ti doesn't seem like she's changed at all.  You'd think I'd have missed some vital plot points in a decade but nah it's like I never stopped reading.

And just another note about The Darkness.  Really, The Darkness has been my favorite character ever since Garth Ennis described him in Wizard back in like 97 or something.  The storyline is always kinda inconsistent and going in random directions (every new team of writers seem to have their own different agenda) but hey I always have fun with it.

« Reply #745 on: Mar 11, 2010, 01:59 AM »
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/all_rounder_meguru/

Just started this today, very cool manga about MMA/Shooto. I can't speak for someone who's not interested in this sort of thing, but if you're a fan of the sport it's rather interesting and entertaining.

« Reply #746 on: Mar 11, 2010, 07:00 AM »
Another mma manga that I personally find kinda find is Teppuu.  Which is about this antisocial yet athletic girl who develops an interest in female mma.  Unfortunately there aren't too many chapters right now...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/teppuu/

« Reply #747 on: Mar 13, 2010, 03:17 PM »

I bought and devoured it in a couple hours yesterday. Loved it.

« Reply #748 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:06 PM »
Now I have to start reading All-Rounder Meguru!

Got alot of good comics earlier this month.

This comic is written so damn tight!  Every character gets the spotlight at some point.

Torpedo 1936.  The story of a ruthless gangster getting paid to kill people.  Every comic in this volume are 12 or so pages of dark humor and action.

« Reply #749 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Been catching up on some Canadian Content the last few days. 

The New York Diary by Julie Doucet

I think anyone that knows me can figure out WHY I love this book so much.  An autobio comic about when Julie moved from Montreal to live with her new boyfriend in New York in 1991.  Fantastic book with fantastic, full, busy black and white art.  I adore it.

Paul Has a Summer Job by Michel Rabagliati

A really sweet coming of age story taking place in the Summer of 1979.  Really clean, simple art, this book just made me feel good.  Fantastic!

Essex County Vol 1: Tales From the Farm by Jeff Lemire

A sad, soft story of young Lester, a boy who's mother has recently passed away, so he has to live with his uncle on his farm. And he always wears his superhero mask and cape. Very touching and made me tear up. ; ; The art is lose and messy but also very focused and clean. A great book, I look forward to reading the next 2 Essex County books.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

432 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us