So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #600 on: Apr 29, 2009, 08:54 AM »
HUX SCAN THE OTHER VERSIONS IN, I NEED TO SEE THE SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT ONE.

what do you think this is? scansdaily? those were on tony moore's blog.

speaking of which, he posted the first 6 pages of #34 on there recently too. unfortunately, it cuts before the best drawn ghost rider transformation ever.

« Reply #601 on: Apr 29, 2009, 06:24 PM »
FUCK, it makes Ghostrider seem so cool!

Are any of these in trades yet?

« Reply #602 on: Apr 30, 2009, 05:30 PM »
this arc started last month with 33.

« Reply #603 on: Apr 30, 2009, 07:24 PM »

as always

adam warren FTW

« Reply #604 on: Apr 30, 2009, 07:35 PM »
god damn tony moore *orgasm*
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #605 on: May 01, 2009, 02:57 AM »
Recently after playing some Sly Cooper games while my battle was being voted on, I stumbled upon the company's website and found this comic for free!

http://www.suckerpunch.com/images/stories/comic1.zip

Awesome 24 page comic with some outstanding art and a great storyline. Best of all, it's free to download too! Their next game Infamous is looking to have some great artwork as well.
;-)

« Reply #606 on: May 01, 2009, 06:44 AM »
I've read through it at least twice, and shown plenty of people already... but here

http://www.badkarmaproductions.com/jc/?p=35

Jesus Christ: In The Name Of The Gun

It's got great artwork and amazing writing. It just gets better with each page.

« Reply #607 on: May 01, 2009, 09:19 AM »
didn't know so many people here liked tony moore. huh. yeah i always kind of liked his stuff but only because it sometimes seemed like a slightly rougher quicker version of art adams; with a lower ratio of mall hair chicks but less monkeys & godzillas. because let's face it: monkeys & godzillas rock!!

adam warren is awesome too. i read the first 2 volumes of empowered. it's pretty tight!

finally also got my copy of popgun 3 & got the chance to read through it some. i might be biased because he's on here & rad & all, but andre's strikes me as the real stand out. also really liked the stuff by nic klein, ulises farinas connor willumsen & holy shit, finally looks like sam mackenzie got around to doing a damn comic!

« Reply #608 on: May 03, 2009, 05:51 PM »
started & finished Y: the Last Man this weekend
getting into The Walking Dead

« Reply #609 on: May 03, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I've been into Chris Ware..... I think he might be insane? He draws such small panels, complex layouts and tiny, tiny details, and everything is so precise.... why would anyone do this?

« Reply #610 on: May 03, 2009, 08:36 PM »
chrisware is genius and psychotic
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2009, 07:11 AM »
 Even though the name sounds like someone in a long bout of Birthing Labor Pain...
ShiLongPang.com is a wonderfull run on a well researched History of Jzoulin Gong Fu_... and it even gripped me emotionaly-twice. I read it up to date in one day.

Also have read all the peices travis has put up here:SpaceGirl

Other than That; the Comics I'm trying to find the time to read are pretty much, well, YOURS!
Now~Get to Work!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:15 AM by webrynth »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus

« Reply #612 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Anybody reading, or re-reading, Preacher? The cover are just awesome to look, and uh yea, the rest of the books good too.

« Reply #613 on: May 31, 2009, 09:39 AM »

Maybe it's just because I was a fan of these characters and series back in the 90s, but I'm really enjoying the new X-Force and Cable books.

I'm not really a fan of Olivetti's art, but the story in Cable has me coming back to it each month.  X-Force on the other hand, it consistently good with insane action and shocks aplenty.  Currently, the two books have a crossover going that I can't wait to see the end of.  No matter what happens, I don't think it's going to be good for the characters, but is sure to be a fantastic story for the audience.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #614 on: Jun 05, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Recently after playing some Sly Cooper games while my battle was being voted on, I stumbled upon the company's website and found this comic for free!

http://www.suckerpunch.com/images/stories/comic1.zip

Awesome 24 page comic with some outstanding art and a great storyline. Best of all, it's free to download too! Their next game Infamous is looking to have some great artwork as well.

OMG, I've been looking for that comic!  A hard copy goes for hundreds of dollars, so I'd given up hope. 
No man or beast or kitty-cat or doggy is going to drag me down.

« Reply #615 on: Jun 11, 2009, 02:42 AM »

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #616 on: Jun 11, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Bee Power

Man KC Green is the best.  I'm really digging his new Gunshow comic -- www.gunshowcomic.com

« Reply #617 on: Jun 14, 2009, 09:57 AM »

I have no idea why I read this.

« Reply #618 on: Jun 18, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Just read this and the original series, the original was fine, but I really like this one. Maybe it's the colors/ mood.

« Reply #619 on: Jun 24, 2009, 12:26 AM »

"Uzumaki" by Junji Ito
www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/
All I can say is wow. This is definitely one of my new favorite comics. The superb art and equally mysterious and enticing story that accompany it make it a must read. The first two books of the tree book series do their job well as horror comics but the third is more of a departure and offers more of a psychological thriller or a mystery type continuation of the story. At first I was a bit upset by the change in pacing and genre, but I ended up loving all of it. The story is original, and really pulls you in quite quickly. It actually ends up to be quite touching. Ito's haunting visuals combine extremely well with his story, and some of the images stick with you even after finishing it. Also, the movie is pretty crappy, so don't get excited over it if you're looking forward to it.

« Reply #620 on: Jun 24, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Uzumaki is one of the best things ever committed to paper.

« Reply #621 on: Jun 24, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Yeah Junji Ito is great at horror. All of his shit is wicked disturbing, Uzumaki included.  When I finally reached the end, well the whole experience never left me.  Tomie is another good one and Gyo...Gyo's just kinda wierd as opposed to disturbing I think,the basic premise being 'fish with legs attack' sorta.  The movie adaptations of his stuff on the other hand, aren't nearly as well done.

« Reply #622 on: Jun 25, 2009, 05:06 PM »
didn't know so many people here liked tony moore. huh. yeah i always kind of liked his stuff but only because it sometimes seemed like a slightly rougher quicker version of art adams; with a lower ratio of mall hair chicks but less monkeys & godzillas. because let's face it: monkeys & godzillas rock!!

adam warren is awesome too. i read the first 2 volumes of empowered. it's pretty tight!

finally also got my copy of popgun 3 & got the chance to read through it some. i might be biased because he's on here & rad & all, but andre's strikes me as the real stand out. also really liked the stuff by nic klein, ulises farinas connor willumsen & holy shit, finally looks like sam mackenzie got around to doing a damn comic!

Aw thanks Jared, I just saw this post now.

Comicssssssss

« Reply #623 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Aya

« Reply #624 on: Jun 27, 2009, 01:07 AM »
I want that Aya comic.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

413 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 580.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us