So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #575 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:36 PM »
Lately Ive bought Secret Invasions variants and Teen Titans Year One but
I was also cleanin out my closet and found alot of my comics that Im now rereading like:
Madman
Runaways
Sin City
Disgaea 2
Fallen Son: The Death Of Captain America
Shadowpact
I Cant Believe Its Not Justice League
Marvel 1602
The New Avengers
Teen Titans

« Reply #576 on: Apr 06, 2009, 03:47 PM »

Doctor Doom and The Masters of Evil Mini-Series

a great romp of epic proportions with some of Marvel's best of the worst

Destroyer

what do I have to spell everything out for you?!......the guy in the rubber mask is punching thru a guy's head.....it ain't like you are gonna need CliffNotes

GO BUY THESE COMICS..........AND THEN READ THEM.

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2009, 03:55 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #577 on: Apr 06, 2009, 04:38 PM »
LOL I think it's funny that everyone on that Masters of Evil miniseries cover except for Dr. Doom himself, is basically a Spiderman villain.  But hey he's got some of the more memorable ones.  I'll have to look into that though, it looks awesome.

« Reply #578 on: Apr 06, 2009, 05:08 PM »
I have soooo many comics to read right now. My friend got me 20 gigs of comics over the weekend I barely know where to start.

Just got done reading I Kill Giants. A Tale of a girl who is trying to prevent giants from coming, but she's the only one that can see fairies and creatures and such, so everyone else thinks she's insane.

Basically about the last man on earth. Very fuckin' good.

and then after reading that, I have no idea what to start on next. Probably Astonishing X-men, or something.

« Reply #579 on: Apr 06, 2009, 07:15 PM »
I have soooo many comics to read right now. My friend got me 20 gigs of comics over the weekend I barely know where to start.

Don't forget to buy stuff!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #580 on: Apr 06, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I dunno, of late, I've enjoyed to indulge on some light humor such as;
Shugo Chara!
Ouran Host Club
Nana

Has any got any recommendations for something humorous that has substance such as Ouran Host Club?

« Reply #581 on: Apr 06, 2009, 11:31 PM »

Don't forget to buy stuff!

No worries! I bought about 30 or so comics over the weekend as well :D

« Reply #582 on: Apr 07, 2009, 11:52 AM »
LOL I think it's funny that everyone on that Masters of Evil miniseries cover except for Dr. Doom himself, is basically a Spiderman villain.  But hey he's got some of the more memorable ones.  I'll have to look into that though, it looks awesome.

comic geek moment

it's not funny....it's the Sinister Six......each issue Doom hooks up with a different group...(..Issue 2 has The Circus of Crime.....Issue 3 has Baron Zemo and his 'Masters of Evil')....with other cameos or appearances from Dorramu, Blaastar, Doc Strange....etc

comic geek moments ends

« Reply #583 on: Apr 07, 2009, 04:26 PM »
Ahhahahaha... underneath the bear-monster exterior, Wei's a comicbook geek just like the rest of us. :D

« Reply #584 on: Apr 09, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Been laying around reading comics lately because I haven't been feeling well. Randomly felt like rereading the old Dragonball manga

Forgot how much I loved it
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #585 on: Apr 09, 2009, 08:48 PM »

Kick-Ass - about a kid who decides to be a superhero, and gets his ass handed to him time and time again.

Soon to be starring Nicholas Cage

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #586 on: Apr 11, 2009, 05:49 PM »
omgosh I've been reading webcomics

I forgot all about Bear and Kitten but rediscovered it, I think it's pretty hilarious

Patches

& I think everyone has already heard of
Abominable Charles Christopher
Horribleville (& other kc green comics)
Dr. Mcninja
A Softer World
Kate Beaton

and all those other webcomics with a tshirt page on topatoco d:

can anyone recommend any good batman comix for someone who has never actually read a batman comic? my school store has like a whole shelf of them...

« Reply #587 on: Apr 11, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Been reading a lot of already mentioned books in here. Namely Bone, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, and Dick Tracy.

Looking for some suggestions on my next book to check up on.
;-)

« Reply #588 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:21 PM »
jthm. for years i dismissed this as hot topic trash. it is actually quite good.

« Reply #589 on: Apr 16, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Wow I actually never knew that Go Nagai had done a manga adaptation of Dante's Divine Comedy.  My favorite mangaka and my favorite book in one place.  And I admit that it is awesome.  He's always peppered his works with reference to Dante's material so I guess it was sort of obvious he'd this eventually.  I am in awe of the backgrounds.  It's all very detailed and lavish.  Apparently it was released in 1994. 
DANTE SHINKYOKU
Bleh, this page is probably a good example:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/dante_shinkyoku/v01/c003/22.html
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2009, 06:13 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #590 on: Apr 23, 2009, 05:14 PM »
I've been reading this bizarre little series and the main character is very much reminiscent of a Void Character Ms. Moppit.  Basically Sumire 17!! is about a normal high school girl Sumire...whose actually a puppet controlled by a freaky older guy.  While everyone is very much conscious of the puppeteer, Sumire is completely oblivious and the old man never stops asserting that sumire is a 17 year old high school girl.  I think it's a very entertaining story and what's even funnier is that everyone's life actually improves from having the puppet around.  There's also a sequel Sumire 16 or something but I haven't read it. 

Dorohedoro is another interesting title.  It's included in an underground manga anthology (meaning it's not shounen) and takes place in an odd world where humans are guinea pigs to powerful demon worshipping magic users.  The main character is a guy who woke up one day without memories of who he was and a lizard head.  He and his sexy female partner make a living by killing magic users who come over the dimensional divide while searching for the magic user who cast the spell on the main character that turned his head into a lizard head.  It's an interesting story and including some of the magic users form an interesting cast.  Often violent and darkly humorous. 

Zetman is basically more superhero-ish fare by self-proclaimed super batman fan Masakazu Katsura.  Jin who was raised as a homeless kid with his gramps has the mysterious power to become Zetman and battle the creatures known as Players.  As he learns about his past and those of the Players, another more Kamen Rider-ish superhero makes his debut.  Violence, sex, etc. 

Berserk.  Nuff said.

On the US side, I collect Deadpool, The Darkness and Invincible. 
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2009, 05:45 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #591 on: Apr 23, 2009, 05:53 PM »
let me preface this by saying i never in a million years thought i'd ever be reading Ghost Rider. ever.

DUDE! GHOST RIDER HAS BEEN AWESOME LATELY! from #33 (last issue):

jason aaron's been writing it & just doing whatever the fuck he wants & it's so ridiculous, it's amazing. and tony moore's drawing this new arc. it started by basically playing up the mantle/legacy deal but like, to the nth degree. it's hard to pick my favorite. between that soviet tank squad, the g-man & plucky irish kid sidekick, or the smokey & the bandit ones. the future ones are pretty rad too. it's really the only book the big two are doing right now that i care to read. 34 just came out yesterday & it actually made me not hate danny ketch. i mean really. he fights a demonic trucker & it's real neat.

i also picked up ivan brandon & nic klein's viking. didn't get a chance to sit down & read it yet but the art's really cool. i got to see a bit of it at NYCC but altogether in the final product, it's really badass.

and i had to order popgun 3, so i'm waiting to read that as well.

« Reply #592 on: Apr 23, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I've always liked Ghost Rider but I haven;'t been following any of the new stuff but man...that is awesome.  A flaming soviet tank...kickass.

« Reply #593 on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:07 PM »
I've always liked Ghost Rider
you would

« Reply #594 on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Yes...I always seem to like the unpopular Marvel characters: Deadpool, Cloak and Dagger, Slingers, Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, etc.   :'(

« Reply #595 on: Apr 23, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I like Deadpool more than any Marvel character ever. :(

HUX SCAN THE OTHER VERSIONS IN, I NEED TO SEE THE SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT ONE.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #596 on: Apr 24, 2009, 06:30 AM »
DUDE! GHOST RIDER HAS BEEN AWESOME LATELY!

that's because Tony Moore is fan-fucking-tastic

« Reply #597 on: Apr 28, 2009, 01:47 PM »

Billy Bat is Naoki Urasawa's (Monster/20th Century Boys/Pluto) latest and it's pretty fucking awesome so far.

Also reading one of his first works I never got the chance to check out, Yawara

it's soooooo 80s haha well it was from there
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2009, 01:57 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #598 on: Apr 28, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Dammit Angie, you beat me to the Billy Bat story.  Oh well, yeah it's awesome.  Takes place in the fifties-ish, sometime after the end of WW2 and the the start of the McCarthy Years to put a slight time frame on the story.

« Reply #599 on: Apr 28, 2009, 03:04 PM »
holy shit, i never thought i would see ghost rider as a fighter pilot. so cool.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

218 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 227.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us