So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #350 on: Feb 21, 2008, 06:01 PM »
The next book should simply be called "Artesia Gets Nailed"
(I like Artesia too)

« Reply #351 on: Feb 21, 2008, 07:58 PM »

I'M WAITING FOR THE OMNIBUS

Oh shit, is that NEW?! I heard they were coming out with the omnibus but not that Schrab was starting it again. I might actually have to go to a comic store..... *shudders.

« Reply #352 on: Feb 21, 2008, 08:57 PM »
It's totally new.
4 comics to finish the story... covers by Ashley Wood, Jim Mahfood, Dave Hartman and Doug Tennapel.

6 February 2008 - After over a decade of anticipation, Rob Schrab returned to his seminal creation, SCUD THE DISPOSABLE ASSASSIN, but fans eager for a cover by him can only get it at this upcoming Wondercon.

"Ashley Wood, Jim Mahfood, Dave Hartman and Doug Tennapel have been big supporters since the beginning and it meant a lot to have them covering #21-24," said Schrab. "However, as I finished the final pages I couldn't resist the itch to illustrate one last SCUD cover myself."

SCUD: THE DISPOSABLE ASSASSIN #21 is the first of four issues detailing SCUD's mission to destroy the planet in exchange for saving his lover's soul. Schrab's cover features SCUD emerging into the world, ten years later, mere seconds before he finds out nothing is as he remembers.

SCUD: THE DISPOSABLE ASSASSIN #21 (DEC072049), a 32-page black and white comic book for $3.50 featuring a cover by ROBOTS VS. ZOMBIES' Ashley Wood, will be in stores this Wednesday. The variant edition will only be available during WonderCon, February 22-24th, at the Image Comics booth (#509).

It was supposed to come out in January, but since I've been waiting a ba-fucking-zillion years already, I can wait a little longer.

If there's anyone at Wondercon this weekend that could pick up the variant for me... I'd like... pay some dollars
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #353 on: Feb 24, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Fell, by Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith

Fell is a comic that was made as an experiment in producing a comic that would be as cheap as possible for the consumer- thinner than most monthlies, no ads, and with each story functioning as a single story set within the larger story of Detective Richard Fell. I like that. While I'm a big fan of sweeping epics and the like, the idea of each issue being a story in itself is something that I feel isn't seen enough these days (but then, I haven't been into any continuing series of any sort for quite some time, so what the hell do I know).

ANYWAYS, Richard Fell is a police detective who has transferred from "across the bridge" to Snowtown, a hellish, crumbling nightmare of a place that is often (and best) described as a "feral city", which is also the title of the first collected volume. Each issue deals with Fell resolving one scurrilous situation or another, while adding to the larger concepts of what exactly is going on in Snowtown, a place that seems to be regarded an entity in it's own right which will "take" that what it regards as "not it's own". As well, we begin to find out bits and pieces of the reason why Fell has crossed the bridge to come to Snowtown, and why he can't go back.

This will probably come as no surprise, but I really like Warren Ellis, and I think this is some of my favourite stuff he has done. The city of Snowtown and it's harried inhabitants are extremely evocative, especially as rendered by Templesmith's eery, noirish style, managing to inflict a third-world warzone sensibility to a city that is nominally just another American city. Regardless, Fell comes highly recommended by me. In the spirit of making comics that are both cheap and accessible, the entire first issue is up for free reading here.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2008, 08:00 PM by Jed »

« Reply #354 on: Feb 26, 2008, 04:59 PM »

http://joshuahallsimmons.com/batman.html

Gritty, creepy, Batman short you can read online by Josh Simmons. You really feel the mood in it, and it actually made me uneasy (though I laughed, especially at that one part, you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it)
...beats me, man. Beats me why most dudes suck, sure as hell ain't my scene.

« Reply #355 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Best batman comic I've read so far. Best not to let Dan see this however...
;-)

« Reply #356 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:16 PM »
Eyeshield 21

« Reply #357 on: Feb 28, 2008, 03:22 PM »

Just got mine in the mail <3
I've got my own personal pop-up ad :O

« Reply #358 on: Feb 28, 2008, 05:16 PM »
i want sam and max! *sadface*
Picard is the man.

« Reply #359 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:42 PM »
ohhhss <3
Where have your ordered this lovely piece o' Sam & Max?  ;D

Current Comix: Skydoll • Keepers o' the Masters • SinFest  ;D
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
I say!

« Reply #360 on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:05 PM »
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-highway Same people that are making the new games.
I've got my own personal pop-up ad :O

« Reply #361 on: Mar 01, 2008, 08:02 PM »
DOGG COMIX

Rest here
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2008, 08:17 PM by Jed »

« Reply #362 on: Mar 01, 2008, 09:42 PM »
DOGG COMIX

Rest here

Haha I knew this had to be from fyad by panel 4

« Reply #364 on: Mar 03, 2008, 04:50 PM »

Just finished reading Monster in its entirety, it made me cry 3 times :( the last few volumes especially are wonderful

Been really digging Honey and Clover lately too

Drifting Classroom is a blast too, I need to pick up the last few volumes when I can afford it
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #365 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:18 PM »
~PURE GENIUS~

Ive just finished the side of the young avengers and the runaways, im planning on going to pick up the rest this
weekend after i buy supersmash bros brawl
People always talk about dying for thier country...but would you kill for it?

« Reply #367 on: Mar 05, 2008, 05:54 AM »

I got this recently.

Its is pretty awesome, I knew I would love it.

It has a lot of striking similarities to Groove Junction in some parts, but not enough where id get pissed about it.

« Reply #368 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Loveless, by Brian Azarello and friends.

I've been getting into comic stories with history, the kind of comic that I can't imagine buying single issues of, but love reading in one sitting. Loveless is a comic like that, one that takes a little while to get one's head around, but is worth it when everything comes together. Telling a story, on the surface, about a former Rebel soldier named Wes Cutter and his relationship to the town he left, Loveless weaves together the stories of the past and present in one rich whole. It reminded me a lot of Scalped, another hard-edged Vertigo title with a Western bent in that respec, and I liked Scalped.

On the other end of the scale, Gantz is one of the dumbest books I've read in a long time.

« Reply #369 on: Mar 08, 2008, 10:59 AM »
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-highway Same people that are making the new games.

Sam & Max is a fantastic comic AND a fantastic game. I enjoyed the online comic too, though I wish Sam spoke more, his tirades are the best. Also, the animated series comes out on the 11th. SCORE

Right now in actual comics, I'm reading Batman and Detective Comics, Action Comics, Booster Gold, The Incredible Herc, and I was reading Cable & Deadpool before they canceled it.  I'm a huge DC fan and am looking forward to Final Crisis due to Grant Morrison's involvement. Not too excited with Marvel, but we'll see what Secret Invasion has in store.

« Reply #370 on: Mar 08, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Found my Graphic Novel section of my library, TREASURE TROVE.

They had the first Volume of Bone which i picked up, golden, loved every moment.

They have Akira 1 5 and 6, and a bunch of Judge Dredd books, win win win!

« Reply #371 on: Mar 12, 2008, 07:10 PM »
I bought up all the B.P.R.D.'s I didn't have and slowly read through them all over the last few weeks.

The series starts off as a Hellboy spin-off sans Hellboy but around book three finally takes on a life of it's own and really becomes great comics reading.  Abe Sapien is boss.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link%5Fcode=qs&field-keywords=bprd
Get you some
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #372 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Been rereading the first half of

Cerebus. Cerebus was the inspiration for Angie having a sword haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #373 on: Mar 15, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Rocketo, by Frank Espinosa

I wrote about Rocketo before, when I read the first volume back in the big K. Today I ended up buying the first volume to own myself, and the second volume as well.
Rocketo is awesome.

A quick recap, Rocketo is about Rocketo Garrison of the Garrison Mapper bloodline, one of various wonders of the new world. The world being "new" is the result of a worldwide catastrophe which shattered civilization 2,000 years ago when the monstrous Ull came from the deep reaches of space and generally wrecked everything. A direct result of this is that the world needs exploring again, and Rocketo is the best man for the job.
Frank Espinosa's art is amazing- it's stylish and bold, and really brings out that pulp adventure, Flash Gordon sci-fantasy vibe that the story's full of. The GNs are only 20 bucks a pop, and you get a lot of book for your buck. I really recommend Rocketo.

« Reply #374 on: Mar 20, 2008, 02:52 AM »
Melting Pot

all i've heard about kevin eastman is that he owns a yacht and has lots of money..i never knew he wrote. And his dialouge is fuckin hilarious. but BISLEY, UGH, the man i have decided to rip off for the rest of my souless art career.

they reprinted it in the 30th anniversary heavy metal, apparently the book was released in 95 or so i have read.

there was this other biz book on the shelves so i snagged that too....i need SOMETHING ever since the book i paid $30 for is now in the hands of convicted burn victim James "i'm gonna keep sheldons simon bizley book and cut pages out of it to put on my gay wall in my gay room and draw my gay comics" stokoe.

i must admit though. i do miss the man.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

100 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 106.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us