So what comics are you reading?

Re: So what comics are you reading?
« Reply #325 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:45 AM »
http://www.transmission-x.com/_abominable/?p=4

Just found this online, and it's kind of incredible.

Yes, I must agree. I just devoured the few pages on the site.

« Reply #326 on: Dec 21, 2007, 05:14 PM »

"You will never change the world by trying to be like it."

« Reply #327 on: Dec 21, 2007, 05:53 PM »
so i paid money for your book james.
i hope many more do the same.

« Reply #328 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:45 PM »

I LOVE HOW THIS MAN DRAWS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, god he is a master of expressing what he needs to express in a piece. I also love MBQ because it totally takes a shit on all the cliched bullshit that's pumped by publishers (like tokyopop, ironically, the people that publish MBQ haha)

an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #329 on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:40 PM »
while i can with this guy's sentiment on comics in general... what the hell's wrong with ninjas, supervillains, or robots?!

keep reading that first volume of popgun. and a couple of back issues of things like batman, ff, & doom patrol, because they were penciled by seth fisher

-J

« Reply #330 on: Dec 22, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Recently I've mostly been reading The Sandman Chronicles, and Ultimate Spiderman. I also reread Identity Crisis, and The Watchmen for like the 15th time last week.

« Reply #331 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Dunno if it's been hit yet, but FABLES is pretty darn amazing.

And so is 1001 Nights of Snowfall.

Basically, a series of shorts from before the current storyline takes place. It's damn good reading.

Also, I paid for a copy of Wonton Soup. I was not disappointed.

« Reply #332 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:10 PM »
King City.

Can't wait for Volume 2.

« Reply #333 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Just read the first two trades of Y: The Last Man in one sitting.

Good stuff. Highly recommended.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #334 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:10 AM »
My copy of Wonton Soup finally arrived(God that thing is near impossible to get in England, even on Amazon.co.uk).

Anyway, either i got a faulty copy or i'm missing something somewhere, i read up to the part where Johnny and Citrus are going to Citrus' school when something appears behind johnny, then the next page jumps all the way back to where Johnny and Citrus first meet after Johnny lands on Plaxos. Then it goes through the love scene again after it goes back to the scene where they are going to school again it skips FORWARD to after Johnny has gone to his teachers place and Deacon walks up saying he's hungry, then they start talking about the Twins(Not sure the exact story there because it isn't actually in my book) and carries on like nothing happened.

Anybody have similair problems or just me? Is their any news of any faulty copies of the book or am i just entirely missing some weird storytelling point?

« Reply #335 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:01 AM »
SIN CITY #2 A dame to kill for
jacked into da net at da neck
http://cloudhoppernin.deviantart.com/

« Reply #336 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:18 AM »
My copy of Wonton Soup finally arrived(God that thing is near impossible to get in England, even on Amazon.co.uk).

Anyway, either i got a faulty copy or i'm missing something somewhere, i read up to the part where Johnny and Citrus are going to Citrus' school when something appears behind johnny, then the next page jumps all the way back to where Johnny and Citrus first meet after Johnny lands on Plaxos. Then it goes through the love scene again after it goes back to the scene where they are going to school again it skips FORWARD to after Johnny has gone to his teachers place and Deacon walks up saying he's hungry, then they start talking about the Twins(Not sure the exact story there because it isn't actually in my book) and carries on like nothing happened.

Anybody have similair problems or just me? Is their any news of any faulty copies of the book or am i just entirely missing some weird storytelling point?

Man you're book is all fucked up, you're missing a lot of pages you should complain and try to get a new one...
I could catch a monkey...

ME PAGE ARRRRRR

« Reply #337 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:20 AM »
That is why I never buy online. ^^

« Reply #338 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:46 AM »

Yeah man, sounds like you got a faulty copy. I've heard about this happening a couple times with other books, but this is the first with mine.

Just email or call the amazon customer service hoobajoob, and they're send you a fresh one lickity split. It won't take ages to get now, cus apparently they just got them into stock a week or so ago.

SORRY DOOD.

« Reply #339 on: Feb 10, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I'm gonna buy a new one when i get paid anywhose, plus, now i have the super secret special edition Wonton. YEAH, that's how i roll.

« Reply #340 on: Feb 10, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Good show!

Anyways, I've been reading THIS----!

It's not a comic, but that doesn't stop it from being my favorite thing in the underverse. It's got 200 pages of know-how and history of mutherfucking space marines! Now you too can be the ultimate badass!

« Reply #341 on: Feb 10, 2008, 03:35 PM »
mother fucker i need that!

you got a story ready yet or what???

« Reply #342 on: Feb 10, 2008, 05:45 PM »
you ARE a fat chunk.

and i think you know it.
Picard is the man.

« Reply #343 on: Feb 10, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Go back to the Mayo tub you crawled out of Haven.

I wouldn't mind finding a copy of that either. The inner geek inside of me demands it!
;-)

« Reply #344 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:36 AM »
im reading dragonball vol.1, neko majin z and otorongo  dont get much comic books around here

« Reply #345 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:59 AM »
The dragonball manga is so much better than the show ever could be.

Also, try Amazon.com for comics, it makes getting what you want comic wise a lot easier(and generally cheaper too)!

Edit: Picked up the bigass Black And White (Tekkon Kinkreet) manga, love it.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008, 06:23 AM by Enef »

« Reply #346 on: Feb 19, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Well, I'm living in Montreal now, and if there is a comic that the Quebecois love, it's Tintin!
(And Asterix too, but I haven't read those in a long time)
So, in an effort to fit in, I've gone on a Tintin binge, reading everything from Tintin in America to the last one, Tintin and Alph-Art, which, while satisfying in that it was completed, was a bit jarring in that it was pretty much drawn from the ground up after Herge's death. My conclusion?
Tintin is hard core.
The little guy has been shot and beaten on the head countless times, survived several airplane crashes, being lost in the desert, has been put in front of a firing squad twice that I can recall at the moment, buried alive in liquid plastic, shot down a fighter plane with a rifle, Sgt. Rock style, talked to elephants, been called a servant of Satan and at one point, drove a fucking tank through a building.
And various other hijinks, of course, I'm not even scratching the surface.
I'll close off with my latest favourite image, Tintin by Enki Bilal.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008, 05:03 PM by Jed »

« Reply #347 on: Feb 19, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Tintin by Enki Bilal.
oh shit! nice! haha
alph-art is the only one i couldn't get my grubby mitts on.

me? it's been madman & things by mike allred. some rusty & big guy too.

-J

« Reply #348 on: Feb 19, 2008, 05:32 PM »
There's a big print of it for sale at a gallery downtown, and damn if I don't want to get it.

« Reply #349 on: Feb 19, 2008, 08:12 PM »

I'M WAITING FOR THE OMNIBUS

I read a buncha stuff recently, can't remember half of it.  I started League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (again) on lunch today .  I'm only a 5 pages in and feel like I need to google a dozen names and places to get "caught up"

Also caught up on the 2nd and 3rd Artesia books:
http://www.daradja.com/artesia.php

Good fantasy war epic right there, and seemingly book 4 will be coming out this year, so that's awesome

Also, try Amazon.com for comics, it makes getting what you want comic wise a lot easier(and generally cheaper too)!
Truth!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

299 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us