Monday's old ass thread.

Copics and ink

Pencils and maybe inks... thinking about mixing em.

and some thesis junks.

: O those pencils... are so... sexy

Doing finals
EDIT: Added it's partner piece.

still looks like a WIP

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:41 AM by Monday »

Maybe bolder color choices for the center or the foreground would help it pop? I think it looks pretty wicked as is, but if you're looking for more of a finished look, bringing out the highlights/contrasts couldn't hurt.

Yeah I wanna see a more processed final , I just dont know what direction to go, but your tip is gonna help a lot. I already desaturated the background and I'm thinking of incorporating more lighting for the figures.

Theres also that hand I'm gonna try to fix.

Pencils and maybe inks... thinking about mixing em.

OK you fucking impostor! Where the fuck is the real monday?! He can't do this shit without it being all messy and incoherent! OK, seriously, that is the best comic page I've ever seen from you in a long time, if you are going to ink, I highly suggest you go at it slowly as those pencils are gorgeous and you want to keep things as clean and neat as possible.
;-)

Simply beautiful, Pio

I may sound like a douche (when do I not)

but I think that may be the first comic page I've seen from you that I can read coherently and actually enjoy. It looks great in pencil alone. I dunno if it could ever look as good with inks. I say just stick with pencil. BUT SERIOUSLY DO MORE LIKE THAT

Im definitely not gonna FULLY ink the picture but do more to emphasize blacks and outlines

I want to keep the pencils for gray tones and the like since it gets a lot done without my having to hatch things to hell and back.

You're definitely on the right track with those, as others have already said.  And i dig your plan for the minimal use of ink to make it pop.  Maybe you should find a way to set the pencils on the paper before you ink so they wont rub away.  Ive never experimented with sprayable fixatiff before so i dont know if ink would adhere to it or not.  I'll try it and let you know!

KEEP IT UP!

I just use hairspray.

Shit works.

or body spray. Just make sure a window is open.

Also, inks go down just fine on top of it

Re: Every Monday I destroy myself animating.
« Reply #313 on: Sep 14, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Yes you can, man those effects are awesome!

« Reply #314 on: Sep 15, 2010, 09:31 PM »
noy bad at all mate!
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #315 on: Aug 01, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Blowing out the dust here with process drawings !

I scribble a tonal map of the scene to get a general impression of what my mind was doing. But eventually I flipped and turned and redid a few more times before coming out with the first sketch.

In this one I pared the image down to two tones, a mid tone and a dark. I focused only on composition and the characters

I then take lighting and space into consideration. Direct lights a brighter tone but not perfect white. I save those for super bright highlights like the window above.

Once I get a good map of where stuff is placed I concentrate on I split the picture into thirds and concentrate on making each section detailed but disctinct from each other. No two sections should occupy the same tonal range and ground.

After much fine painting at higher magnifications I add in light effects and cry to my mother because I smeared a white line across my rendered spaces.

Unfortunately I missed a critical step where I reverse the image and fixed the perspective. Had I done it too soon then mistakes would develop as they were being added , too late and the amount of overhaul needed to fix the picture would have doubled my time. This process would have been perfect otherwise if I hadn't forgotten to mirror the image once in a while....

Re: Monday's old ass thread.
« Reply #316 on: Aug 02, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Really cool to see how that came together! :))

« Reply #317 on: Aug 02, 2013, 08:18 PM »
wow... I have nothing to say other than it's great to see just how much hard work you put into a page like that. it really pays off too.
I'm not always lazy... sometimes I'm procrastinating.
http://scruffyscribbler.deviantart.com

« Reply #318 on: Aug 09, 2015, 09:12 AM »
THere is a ridiculous lack of color, esp since my recent set of posts just got scrubbed :<

So here's a poster Im painting for N0C

« Reply #319 on: Aug 09, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Holy shit monday this looks amazing, would totally love seeing more of your colored works

« Reply #320 on: Aug 10, 2015, 02:34 AM »
I may have achieved an exacting ratio of Blood to Coffee here.

« Reply #321 on: Aug 10, 2015, 07:11 AM »
me gusta

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

243 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us