Monday's old ass thread.

Re: TANK IS FIGHT!
« Reply #225 on: Nov 26, 2008, 12:10 PM »
You're getting some more face variation in there, high five

I like where you're going with your pencilling, I think you should continue to explore the medium since it's so refreshing to see you use. I think the pencils really bring out a lot of the tones that you miss when inking. Hope any of that makes sense, I just got in from a long drive haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #226 on: Nov 26, 2008, 12:19 PM »
The day I can't decode what someones saying is the day i give them the Monday hat.

its cryptic nature cannot even be rivalled by the webrynth glow sticks.

« Reply #227 on: Nov 26, 2008, 11:19 PM »
5 hours of layer experimentation and I've arrived back at the basic way of coloring,
hopefully this will marry well with pencils.

Esper Witch: Flat Color Layer only..

Kit Engineer: Color Layer Overlayed on top of monochrome sepia shading.

« Reply #228 on: Nov 26, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I would stick to warm colors if you use a sepia tone.  Cause the purple and such looks a little too strong against the yellow.
"FUCK YOU PONG AND YOUR GODDAMN STUPID JEW FACE" ~ Lysol Jones

« Reply #229 on: Nov 27, 2008, 12:51 AM »
That comic page shows some sloppiness on the perspective, I understand in places the perspective is intentionally skewed but all the accidentally wrong parts make that whole effect fall apart. If you're going to do crazy stuff with perspective the most basic parts of it should look right. And your faces seem to have a problem in 3/4 view where you use a slightly more realistic style but you still place the parts in really cartoony manner. the noses should really be further from the center and closer to, if not overlapping, the cheek facing away from the viewer. Either the angle on the noses is off or the angle on the faces is off.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #230 on: Nov 27, 2008, 01:23 AM »
actually the buildings were meant to be crooked and tilted due to some catastrophe.
I suppose this wasn't apparent enough without any establishing shots of the city.  (ie, the cover)

I sketched out the face though and it doesn't seem to do much. If I find  a convincing version I'll change it.

« Reply #231 on: Nov 27, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Oh it's plenty apparent, but then you have the floorlines on top of the main building, all right next to your primary focal point, going the total wrong way. I know it seems like a super minute detail but it throws the impact of the wrecked city and throws it hard. There's some other slight perspective issues but they can get ignored.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #232 on: Nov 27, 2008, 09:21 AM »
OH well those are easy fixes, thanks !

« Reply #233 on: Nov 27, 2008, 12:41 PM »
oh man, lots of nice stuff! ' 3'

On your pencil work, like on that comic page, it seems like there still needs to be more tone or something; it just still seems unfinished, more legible than sketches but still not a complete drawing. I'm not sure though.

« Reply #234 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:41 PM »
more colouring excercises

« Reply #235 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Somehow the rarity of you using colors with your art makes it seem like all the better when you actually do use it.

I really love the vibrancy of it, you know how to limit it enough that it isn't bland, nor overwhelms the eye. Kind of sets a suitable atmosphere for your work.

« Reply #236 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:17 PM »

Random SPace comic I did in class cause I was bored .

« Reply #237 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:33 PM »
A bit confusing, but I'm not sure if that's because of the edge being cut off by my browser. I also feel like there's gaps in the narrative; was that intentional? cool concepts, if anything else.

« Reply #238 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:41 PM »
Yeah, events are implied but this is otherwise a self contained piece, like those sci fi short stories.

« Reply #239 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:38 PM »
where are the reptilians

« Reply #240 on: Dec 10, 2008, 08:02 PM »
in the future

« Reply #241 on: Dec 11, 2008, 07:11 AM »
NEATO.

But, too much white, still? I:

« Reply #242 on: Jan 06, 2009, 02:01 AM »
IIIIINNNKS I WANNA DIE

Ink Nibs

RadioGraph Pens

« Reply #243 on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:19 AM »
....and from way out in Left Field...

..why does everyone have Asian noses and facial structures(other than the fact that you do)?..different people have very different facial structures.....whereas the majority of your characters look like they all hail form the same genepool

...I think you Sir are a nose rascist,and this upsets my delicate nature somthing awful
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2009, 11:26 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #244 on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:49 AM »
We all know that the only true nose racist is Rabbit Rabbit, but I agree with you there. Let's get some square chins and hook noses!

« Reply #245 on: Jan 06, 2009, 12:11 PM »
OK !  : D

« Reply #246 on: Jan 06, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Women women women, your women and men have similar face structures, making them kinda womanly and young looking. Also your women bodies need some work man. I probably mentioned what everyone else had anyways.
"I'm giving you a head start, you're going to need it. Cause I fight like a girl."

« Reply #247 on: Jan 06, 2009, 01:45 PM »
It seems im blind to womens , any tips ?

« Reply #248 on: Jan 06, 2009, 02:04 PM »
girls tend to have higher pitched eyebrows, set further apart then men do.  Also shorter noses then men. 

Also maybe you guys never stopped to think that maybe Monday's people just live in Asia.  And so they look Asian and have asian noses.  There aren't a lot of Jews in Asia.  But there could be.  Jew it up Monday.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2009, 02:07 PM by King_Pong »
"FUCK YOU PONG AND YOUR GODDAMN STUPID JEW FACE" ~ Lysol Jones

« Reply #249 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:47 PM »

pork on its way to being outlawed.

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

447 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us