Monday's old ass thread.

Monday's old ass thread.
« on: Jan 13, 2007, 01:20 AM »
New Stuff:  PENCILS !

Also ...

N0C; issue 1 v.06
Done in 11x17 bristol, pencils, rulers, etc probably the closest thing to a professional approach i've done this century.
I understand that the last part is rushed; and that the story thus far seems to be bogged down in tweens with little resolution, so it goes without saying that I should ask-

-what's working
- whats missing? (aside the conclusion since I had to rush to turn this in as a school assignment)
- would you like to see this in grey tone or stark black and white ?
- I have the whole of december to do post production fixes and complete this story to fit a self contained arc(Pulpo) so I'll make it a point to check back here often to see what needs fixing and what needs fixing

=========================================================================

Kerberos Unit <3

Firstpage prototype for mercenary mode.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2013, 07:39 PM by Monday »

Re: Day After yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Jeezus, if anything ever got hyped more about Armageddon than that preview, it has to involve cameos.

Friggin' rad stuff, but the merc pages just don't look as nice after seeing the other stuff.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Wow dude, you keep impressing me every time I see your stuff, would love to see you work more like those first two images
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2007, 04:32 PM »
300 DPI
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:18 PM »
holy shit man.....that "test.jpg" one just blew me the fuck away, especially the second panel. oh dear god that looks awesome   8<

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2007, 09:10 PM »
That bus...that bus is totally smiling man.

Aah ha ha ha ha, Aah ha ha ha ha, Aah ha ha ha ha.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:12 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHA! IT IS!!!!!

in other news.....this stuff is fricken AWESOME

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:45 AM »
holy shit man.....that "test.jpg" one just blew me the fuck away, especially the second panel. oh dear god that looks awesome   8<

It's a png ~_~

Anyway, I love the first two, like everone else, but I don't see why people don't love the last one, too.  It's all good, mate.  Great, in fact.
Is this awesome? [y/n]

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:02 AM »
This thread is practically full of Monday fellatio.

Use higher DPI! That and do some high motion scenes/pinups/whatevers in this style. I know you can, JUST SHOW US CUZ IT'S PRETTY.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2007, 01:04 PM »

It's a png ~_~

sorry dude, on my comp it shows up as a .jpg   
don't get all ~_~ at me   >:[

« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:11 PM »

It's a png ~_~

sorry dude, on my comp it shows up as a .jpg   
don't get all ~_~ at me   >:[

Whoah, I'm on a different computer now and it says jpg...  I know it said png back at my dad's house though :O
Is this awesome? [y/n]

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:49 PM »
THAT BUS ISN'T SMILING! IT MEANS BUSINESS! >: I

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Monday. You make me regret my lack of armageddoness,

« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2007, 10:58 AM »
The first one has a good choice of colors and the gunshot spatters look pretty good, but the guy's proportions just throw the whole experience off. His eyes are in a weird place and his crotch is high. From what I can tell, anyways.

The second missile launcher pic is mostly amazing though. The bits of color are well-placed and break up the monochrome well, and the city background is very nicely subtle and gives an impression of mass destruction with its slanty buildings (assuming that was intentional, ha). In some places the blur really adds to it and makes it look incredible, but in other places it kind of detracts from the picture (particularly when near sharp lines, the topmost missile specifically bugs me).

The comic seems to be full of your usual charm as well as your usual proportion inconsistencies. The bus's stern face is a bit out of perspective, making the bus look non-rectangular. I'm sure the comic's story will be swell per usual, but I really am not particularly hooked by this page.

I critique because I love. :-* I only want your art to be perfectly lovable so I can love it more.
I refuse to apologize if my style looks like a blank piece of paper to you.

« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2007, 02:51 PM »
ah , that comic page was probably done months ago

in any cacse, thank you for the lovely crits , especially in regards to my experimental brush style.

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:06 AM »
Monday, I don't mean to bring ya down, 'cause you really do make some exciting comics with great scripts, but...they always look sloppy to me.  :'( Sorry!
The inks are messy, the handwritten text is often lopsided or out of the speech bubbles/boxes, and the panels are rarely straight. I think it just needs more planning. Do you start with pencil lines first, or jump right into the inks? Again, not trying to be mean! I'm just a freak for clean comics.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Thats awsome! The only thing is that red....I would leave it all black or white...something about it doesnt seem to fit with the rest of the pic...its to bright.

Other then that its really neat dude!~

Zeo

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:08 PM »
 Eminkey: awesome folks like you are always keeping me on my toes. Unfortunately to those concerned, they will be cardinally crossed with my honest effort in Arma T _T

My efforts here on void have been experimental at best.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007, 04:10 PM by Monday »

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Then keep it up you must!  ;D

« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Awesome! Red black and white is the most powerful color combo and you pulled it off wonderfully in the first image.

Really nice panels! Though the trees look slanted just to make room for the word bubbles.But that bus is rocking in a creepy personificated way.
An Excuse is like an asshole- Everyone has one and they all stink.

« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:54 PM »

« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:59 PM »
The typed text really looks out of place. Your handwritten text has more character. =O

Good to see you playing with that 'noir' shading scheme though.

« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:43 PM »

Scout units for Turtle Company.

« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Them's some TIIIINY legs. Like, I thought it was a kid at first, and then I thought the head's too small, then the arms are too long. But I think the main problem is the legs.

I am curious as to who there turtles are, though, and wonder if they make good soup.

« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Do you have any pencil sketches to post, Monday? I'd really like to see 'em. Forgive me, again, for criticizng style, I guess, but I'd like to see them without the inks or colors. By the way, the noir type dude is super cool, great expression, but yeah, the text looks outta place. I would go with a different font, and clean up the layout of that text. I'm sure you can find one that looks as sly as your own handwriting. Heh, sorry, I can be a neatfreak sometimes. The other dude has bad proportions, I think. I mean, his eyes are different sizes, his legs are short, and the pose is pretty stiff. Eeeeg, I don't like to crit, but I want to see you improve and yaddayaddaydadda.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us