Challenges Thread

Re: Challenges Thread
« Reply #200 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Anyone up for a speed scar tourney?

YOU KNOW I WOULD

secretly I've been wanting a badass scar for finnegan..

« Reply #201 on: Oct 13, 2007, 04:11 AM »
Hey guys anyone want to battle me??

http://www.entervoid.com/fighter/1039

Three or four weeks is preferable, but I could do two as well.

The Speed Scar Tourney
« Reply #202 on: Oct 13, 2007, 08:38 PM »

YOU KNOW I WOULD

F*ck yeah!!!! *raises hand* o.. wait.. nevermind *hides* Gahhhh why my char has to be "that" giant??????? *works on something else much less big >_<*

Oookay, it's "official", now. Anyone signing in within a week from this post has signed a letter to blood and skin love.
I don't think I'll be needing this, but I suppose the limit should be 32 people :O

Also, since I want to fight as well, I wonder if somebody that knows that won't enter it could make the random selecting for the battles setup, so that it remain fair and such. :D

Oh yeah, the details are pretty much the same as in a SDT, except that you must enter with a character you ALREADY have. The main difference i nthis tourney is that Scar Matches happen instead of Death ones.
(that means that, just make a regular post in this thread, noting that the character wants to enter it)
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2007, 08:45 PM by zsabreuser »
By air

« Reply #203 on: Oct 13, 2007, 10:12 PM »
for obvious reasons, I wont enter, and I'll be glad to do that match setup shit for ya

Speed Scar Tourney entry
« Reply #204 on: Oct 14, 2007, 06:34 AM »
- Delanna Andria

Qyzex: haha Yay, thanks :DDDDD
By air

« Reply #205 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Dammit I know I'm going to regret this but I want in!

http://www.entervoid.com/fighter/1257

Twerp & Squert, ready to get beaten up!

Re: The Speed Scar Tourney
« Reply #206 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:59 AM »

YOU KNOW I WOULD

F*ck yeah!!!! *raises hand* o.. wait.. nevermind *hides* Gahhhh why my char has to be "that" giant??????? *works on something else much less big >_<*

Oookay, it's "official", now. Anyone signing in within a week from this post has signed a letter to blood and skin love.
I don't think I'll be needing this, but I suppose the limit should be 32 people :O

Also, since I want to fight as well, I wonder if somebody that knows that won't enter it could make the random selecting for the battles setup, so that it remain fair and such. :D

Oh yeah, the details are pretty much the same as in a SDT, except that you must enter with a character you ALREADY have. The main difference i nthis tourney is that Scar Matches happen instead of Death ones.
(that means that, just make a regular post in this thread, noting that the character wants to enter it)
Put me in. I need to practice my speed. I learned alot from my last fight and I think I got a system down to help my speed and keep the quality.  http://www.entervoid.com/fighter/1350
Every day should be an adventure

« Reply #207 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Z I won't join (for obvious reasons) but I wanna help you in whatever I can. Just let me know if you need something, I would be glad to assist you!

« Reply #208 on: Oct 14, 2007, 12:49 PM »
so, Finnegan for realsies, SST
http://entervoid.com/fighter/1227

« Reply #209 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:00 PM »
i'm sorry guys, but who authorized this?

« Reply #210 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Does it have to be authorized? Can't people just set up the battles themselves?

I like the idea of a spur-of-the-moment tourney.

<3

-Jesse

« Reply #211 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:20 PM »
I think it's just an unofficial, user run tournament. I don't think it could hurt anyone if they do it.

I didn't know you even needed authorization to do a special type of fight.  ???
That's pretty bad.
Working on my portfolio.

« Reply #212 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:27 PM »
oh.. yeah, I just remembered you needed permission to do Scar matches :(

If it's bad, I'll just cancel it, but now that you said that, I'd also request permission for this then :D (sorry for not remmebering that)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 02:28 PM by zsabreuser »
By air

« Reply #213 on: Oct 14, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Well in the Event Battles thread I think someone kept asking about tournaments and people were encouraged to get their own little events going. You should probably run it by Toast to get the official stamp of approval since it looks as if you have people interested. After talking to Toast try starting an actual topic about it and try to set some boundaries as part of the reason scar matches were disabled was people were doing really bizarre scars. As far as I know scar matches are allowed as long as both artists run it by Toast and agree to the scar so you might want to get it in writing if there are any limits
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #214 on: Oct 14, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Does it have to be authorized? Can't people just set up the battles themselves?

I think it's just an unofficial, user run tournament. I don't think it could hurt anyone if they do it.

I didn't know you even needed authorization to do a special type of fight.  ???
That's pretty bad.

First of all....why are you two bitching about it?.....one of you hasn't done a comic on here in QUITE a while and the other doesn't even have a character in the first place

second, decide what you are talking about....an individual match or a tourney?
individual matches are always able to be set up by the artists ( with the exception of scar matches cuz that bridge was burnt and now you have to run it past me or Kevin first with both artists agreeing on terms......directly in an e-mail or PM/IM)

tourneys (which would actually require some additional work on our part) always have to be authorized...it's not a question of 'hurting anyone' it's a question of asking first....again directly in an e-mail or a PM/IM).... it's their site....they get the final say

we like the initiative you're showing......but you gotta ask the people that own or operate the site first

asking first doesn't mean you can't do it....just means you have to show a little courtesy and run it past us first

you don't plan a party in someone's house without first asking if you can use the room.....that's "pretty bad"
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 04:07 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #215 on: Oct 14, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Angie: thanks! I just sent a pm to Kevin :)

Wei: I agree with you and I apologize, that was rather rude of my part :X I just sent a pm to Kevin explaining everything and asking for it. I apologize again, I just didn't have any reference as to what to do about it, specially since most communities have different rules and such, but really I was a lot reckless. Thanks for the headsup! Anyway, answering your question, it is a tourney, really. (even though it's still made of 4 people yet, which is already awesome as it is :D)
By air

« Reply #216 on: Oct 14, 2007, 06:09 PM »
@Wei: I'm sorry, I didn't think that reply would really spark a rant. I don't think the fact I don't have a character yet means my opinion should be invalid. I never saw anything in the rules where you need authentication to do scar matches. I wasn't thinking it was going to be an offical one, just one where people just ran with a small plan. That's all. I didn't think there was a problem with it.
Working on my portfolio.

« Reply #217 on: Oct 14, 2007, 07:20 PM »
my response was hardly a rant....it was both an attempt to clarify how things work and that I am getting more than a little sick of people bitching when they don't have all the information..... especially when that information has already been provided..

...and even moreso when they would be MUCH better served spending time and energy on what this site is actually about...which contrary to what appears to be the popular opinion is not bitching and moaning..or even crticism of the people that run the joint......it's about making comics

the fact that you don't actually interact as an artist here(5 or 6 pencil sketches in almost eight months?) does mean that your opinions are less consequential(not quite invalid) and quite frankly curious...this is a thread for VOID ARTISTS to issue and accept challenges....that ain't you....which is why I said what I did..

zsa had the right idea...but as he now realizes he just went about it the wrong way..

..everybody else shut the fuck up and pick up a godamn pencil

issue closed as far as this thread is concerned..anything further outside of the threads topic will be deleted... leave the site to people who are actually here to improve..

..go bitch about me in a chat room....waste more time

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 07:22 PM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #218 on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:33 PM »
I really don't think we should be striking anyone down for showing initiative and trying to organize an event.  I can literally count on one hand the number of people that have done that in the past.  This site can use more of that.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #219 on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:45 PM »
we like the initiative you're showing......but you gotta ask the people that own or operate the site first

asking first doesn't mean you can't do it....just means you have to show a little courtesy and run it past us first

zsa had the right idea...but as he now realizes he just went about it the wrong way..

no harm no foul
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 09:47 PM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #220 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:37 AM »
I understand you want 32 people for your tournament.

Get me a solid 8, then we'll talk.
Yay! :D Thanks you both!

Ok, I think I could use this space for at least reaching more participants before opening a thread just for it, maybe after having more people joining in?

PS: I don't think 32 people would be really needed, I only pointed the number so that it has a limit for better organizing, for matches rounds and so on. (But 32 people would be awesome, that's for sure)
By air

« Reply #221 on: Oct 15, 2007, 08:10 AM »
That would be a 10 week long tourney by the way

while 16 would net you 8

and 8 would get you 6 . ...

so find that right balance to get the most participation possible if this is a tourney that will be around for a while >: )

« Reply #222 on: Oct 15, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Hm, maybe I should set it for 4 rounds, then, 16 people. It's an amount enough, and also not toooo long.
Thanks for pointing that out!

I don't remember I had this clear, btw, each round are 1 week drawing time!
By air

« Reply #223 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I'd like to be i this tourney...

http://entervoid.com/fighter/1335
I could catch a monkey...

ME PAGE ARRRRRR

« Reply #224 on: Oct 17, 2007, 11:23 AM »
anyone wants to do a battle, 1 week strict 5 pages NO MORE NO LESS? No extension, no doubling pages either, just a strict pagecount battle. Themed or not your choice, this is just a practice.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

289 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us