Elyan´s stuff

Re: Elyan´s stuff
« Reply #100 on: Nov 14, 2014, 02:09 PM »
bobo yeah i know what you mean... the feel way more zoomed in than i planned to... i´m not sure what i can do about it. the thick lines indicate it nearer and my inks would be way thinner anyway with the trees being obviously further away...
i just need to sit down on this... its a huge pain in the ass actually for me.

the bottom part is two panels... i wanted to sort of copy the picture and just add the crater and person but with this layout in the first panel it wouldnt have worked out so i tried something else.
i guess i have to make a better effort cause i feel this effect would work better than this.

thanks guys.

« Reply #101 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:08 PM »

former layout

uhm... im not sure what to think about it. i was messing around with the lines cause i really had no better idea of what i could do.

« Reply #102 on: Dec 27, 2014, 03:17 PM »

thought i could post this here too.
i talked to some of you in the chat and tried to follow the guidance. but since it was a christmas present and actual my first ever finished portrait this might be good the way it is. feeling i couldnt do much better at this point.

hope you like it. critique is still appreciated.

« Reply #103 on: Dec 30, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Good to see you painting again, meshing your landscapes with your really strong anatomy skills is key- at least you've got some forward momentum here.

I know you work from life as much as possible but the verticality of the portrait makes her neck merge with her spine and skull in an inhuman way. I think either adding hair mass to the back of her dome or shifting her chin outward would help alleviate that issue. I find your noses tend to be too large, lips too bowed and eyes too small but there is no accounting for taste. Overall the brush strokes and color choices are well done. Keep it up and integrate all the elements.
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #104 on: Jun 20, 2015, 01:51 AM »
here you have a current sketch of Clio... that character i let default against Zsabreuser in that one SDT.
im working on a BB right now to get that debt off of my list.

« Reply #105 on: Aug 09, 2015, 04:10 AM »

« Reply #106 on: Aug 23, 2015, 08:27 AM »

for pridealchemist. i promised i´d upload. sorry but i dont think i´ll get this finished too soon.

i wanted this leema image to be some sort of cover for the bb i´m working on. well didnt plan to do a cover but i liked the sketch. i thought id be nice to place her past and current design side by side and colour it in a way that displays the mood she would have been portraied in.
i still think i´d be a nice idea but this way i dont think it would work. so what do i do with this in my head?

« Reply #107 on: Sep 27, 2015, 05:03 AM »
big scetch dump ahead. need to get this off and hopefully get a response and advice.

thanks bobo for the peptalk on doing this.

leema being  very inconsistent

« Reply #108 on: Sep 28, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Looking good Elyan, and I hope the figure drawing helped! I'll try to get with you as soon as Game Night is done and see if we can schedule something more consistent together.

« Reply #109 on: Oct 26, 2015, 01:13 PM »

i am strangely proud to have produced something with colour. strange feeling xD
no i still dont comic sadly...

« Reply #110 on: Feb 27, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Since i participated in the lsdt ( yay me, believe it or not this is a big thing for me) i feel like i should limber up and keep things rolling.
So i was always fascinated with voids achievement system which led me to the goal to achieve them as good as i can.
My first step was entering a character i feel i can draw for without the selfinflicted requierement to deliver highperformance quality. This is why i opened luka a incubator topic.
Next step would be to create other characters for the creator award and actually fill those 25 comics requiered minimum. Chances are ill never reach that one but i really think that progress will result in much needed confidence in my art skills. At least i cant say i cant do comics anymore then.
Ill post my character ideas in here. And once i flesh out possible intro material for them i hope i can get assistance in the incubator.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

« Reply #111 on: Nov 18, 2016, 12:31 AM »
so i have been drawing on and off since the lsdt even though to date no finished comic came to fruit.
but as i stated in the previous post i´ll update with what i have so far to keep track for myself and those interested.
i´m trying to get stuff done asap hopefully within 2016 even though i doubt it.
major hindrance is right now designing little monster critters for a collaboration roflqu was kind enough to aggree on.

i made a tumblr post to summarize everything to date

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

523 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us