Elyan´s stuff

Re: E- Sketches and Concepts (sporadic updates)
« Reply #75 on: Jun 09, 2011, 03:01 AM »
well i´m listening to some voidcasts... i´m pretty hyped by it. red and angie are doing a great job with them.
but well i feel motvated on the Void thing again. i don´t have stuff for void particular since i would post it in the incubator this time again but i will post my current pieces i´m pretty proud of.
they are obviously unfinished and i have... sort of hard times finishing them. i know some guys know them already...
so any critique is welcome.

WIP with some lightsource experiments. thanks to ben, F3E and airlight

this is sort of a collaboration: Teyoliia made a OP of this Lineart i just worked out the face so far but in the end i hope its more of my piece stylewise than majorily Teyoliias work.

still i want to get something up again ... something for void. the death royale isn´t counting exactly as long as i don´t get in haha. but i would submit luhga either way i guess. he has potential.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2011, 03:08 AM by Yaz »

« Reply #76 on: Jun 09, 2011, 08:23 AM »
Glad you enjoy the vcast! These are looking very nice, I'm wondering what you'll do for a comic page
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #77 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:57 AM »
hmm sorry angie but my comic pages (1 week deadline) or not even near that quality. actually not even done for a part.

but roflqu mentioned to me the several week deadline thing and i was a little motivated again. i have lugha in my head but i think after my hiatus i could use something easy to begin with.

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2012, 04:09 PM »

its not void related stuff but i´m testing things lately... i guess i need to.

« Reply #79 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:24 AM »
well i havent drawn at all this last month but i quit my bar job due to a change in my main job and now i luckily have to consider intensively to try and make a little money out of my drawings.
so i have to practice. which also means that there is a chance again of me participating.
i want to stick to leema for a while and so i set up a little new apearance scetch. i grew tired of that plain short hair look. so take this...

Re: E ~ Yaz´art
« Reply #80 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:34 AM »
I, for one, am always pleased to see you on the upswing of an art movement Yaz. As I know you're quite moody with it. Remember if anyone
ever asks if you're a god- the answer is always "YES!"

Keep up the experimentation and finish some stuff. Maybe less costumes and anatomy as we know you're beyond pro at that and more page layouts, design work.

DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #81 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:53 AM »
TINMAN is right.
How about some environments?

« Reply #82 on: Jun 10, 2012, 01:45 PM »
i´ll keep that in mind :) and thank you

tinman you are a god. the god of flattering ;D

« Reply #83 on: Sep 02, 2012, 08:20 AM »
new refsheet for leema for my battle with Corry.... yes you read right i´m battling... for real! 4 weeks ... no default. promise... here it is... with a little additional refsheet from HC

yes their origin has a shared source

« Reply #84 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:36 PM »

yeah again a character. maybe it will lead to environment and stuff.
sadly i draw very rarely nowadays.

« Reply #85 on: Nov 03, 2013, 05:38 AM »
hey i recently got out of a tough stress period. here is what i did yesterday.

yes im aware this is nothing new but i want to get some routine back and i will try to draw stuff that covers all the mentioned areas i lack to provide so far.

i still hope you like that little one and maybe i draw something more interesting later.

the pic is linked to my artblog. i try to post tutorials and my own art along with interesting other artists work there. would be nice if you take a look. its not customized so far though

« Reply #86 on: Nov 03, 2013, 07:25 AM »
Yay! Welcome back, Yaz! That's looking real good; I hope you stick around to do some battles this time! :)

« Reply #87 on: Apr 27, 2014, 09:06 AM »
well... i dont plan to... and i plan to do. i dont know. after 8 years of membership i tend to be realistic about my productiveness.
i´m using this more like a point to get crits from. well unfortuneately this stress phase just didnt let me go. its really frustrating seeing and remembering how motivated i was back at my last post and realizing life just hates my hobby/hobbies xD

i´ll keep posting with long breaks as usual... most likely. i dont beliefe in miracles xD

Edit: i startet to redesign leema. i´ll try to use what she has... the battle with corry... maybe the invitational. the point is. i dont like her setup anymore and if i consider to battle again i would like to have a character available i actually like using.

after my exams i will definetely draw more. we´ll see what will come from that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:25 AM by Yaz »

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2014, 04:11 AM »
i dont know. it seems wierd posting refs. i mean. its not my work but this displays PERFECTLY how leema will look in future. struck me by surprise when i stumpled over the redhead gif and thought.... why has leema red hair? xD
sorry to annoy

drew this long before

ok to be fair... i´ll edit this post asap with some new art. no further posts until i got more.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:22 AM by Yaz »

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Just keep swimming, Yaz! Drawing consistently can be really hard, especially when life keeps getting in the way. I don't have the answer, but I think it has something to do with making the time for it and not letting an emotional slump get the better of you. Sometimes you just have to give it the finger and do it anyway. And of course, that's harder with art than other stuff because creativity can be severely stifled by negative emotion, but check out Fetus Man's random shape jam or find some other quick, no-pressure art exercises and just keep on moving!

Re: Elyan´s stuff
« Reply #90 on: Aug 10, 2014, 11:28 PM »

hey guys, i´m trying to take your suggestions to my heart.
i just wanted to ask for your opinion on this.
do you think it is ok to post scetches like this or is this too vague to work with it?
i feel most comfortable with this light marker at the moment. when it comes to environment and i shy away from trying to polish these up yet.
its know i have my issues with backgrounds and i fear to shy away completely again.

so would that work or do you think i should keep that stage from the forum? since its just light marker strokes.

« Reply #91 on: Aug 19, 2014, 05:12 AM »
nice change of scenery, trees are looking good.
Tired of comics? Go outdoors and play: Recommend Rec Warehouse for all your fun rec time activities.

« Reply #92 on: Aug 19, 2014, 01:42 PM »

i´ll post every little shit i manage to do outside my comfort zone. deal with it and shoot your thoughts

« Reply #93 on: Aug 20, 2014, 02:52 AM »

« Reply #94 on: Sep 10, 2014, 01:18 AM »

here is a sketch of my dead clio. i just snatched up some talk about month of the dead.
is this happening in oktober?
whatever it motivated me to try her again and maybe... maybe just push out the comic i owe zsabreuser. would at least be the best reason to get a comic done i think.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014, 01:21 AM by Elyan »

« Reply #95 on: Oct 08, 2014, 12:13 PM »

« Reply #96 on: Oct 29, 2014, 03:38 PM »

some rushed inks on leemas refsheet file... i hope i figure out how i want to do that in the future.

any thoughts?

« Reply #97 on: Nov 04, 2014, 02:05 AM »
tried to begin sketching out my pages today for an BB attempt

i hope this works in matter of environment intoduction.... woods and little clearing...

would be nice to get some comments on it.

« Reply #98 on: Nov 04, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Cool first sketches, let's see more and see where it leads!

« Reply #99 on: Nov 05, 2014, 10:51 AM »
I'm really digging the level of environment planned out for this page. My only idea is that possibly both panels could be zoomed out even more, so we feel an even stronger transition from the sort of "flyover" view to the close-up of the character that I'm sure is coming next.

On a closer look, do you have three panels on that page? I can't quite tell if the bottom half is supposed to be divided in half or not. If it is, I would just make sure you make it really clear that we're looking at the same clearing in both frames, if that's the case.

Hopefully I got at least some of that right hahah. You've definitely got skills, dude, so keep it up and don't sweat the details too much! ;)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

543 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us