THE GOOD OL PHOTO-THREAT.

Re: THE GOOD OL PHOTO-THREAT.
« Reply #3100 on: Apr 22, 2015, 08:18 AM »
Paws - a challenger appears! :O I have pink hair envy now.

Oh my god Fern that is beautiful D':

Well since you like it so much here's another one:

« Reply #3101 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41 AM »
Sometime back in the storied days of December 2014, 2 void nerds found themselves eating hamburgers on a rainy day in downtown Portland.

I'm the dude in the small hat. We didn't get to do a lot but Brian(Zest) showed me around one of the local comic shops and we talked about cool void stuff. It was a fun time even if we only got to meet even for a little while.

Drawing Swap:

So cool!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:25 AM by Orion »

« Reply #3102 on: May 11, 2015, 09:46 AM »
D'aww! Void Meets are the bestest!

« Reply #3103 on: May 11, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Today I fulfilled my dream and finally aquired a kitten. I wasn't even expecting a kitten, I was going over to a friends' to see their new kitten that was arriving that afternoon, and when I got there there were two kittens and one needed a home SO HERE IS GOKU.

« Reply #3104 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Photo I took before heading to TCAF this weekend so that I could meet up with Skulls and Charlie.  All of our phones were dying by dinner so we got no group pics (though I did get one of Charlie while he was drawing up some dank goodness, but I won't post that one up 'less I get a go ahead)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:53 AM by Minteh »

« Reply #3105 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48 PM »
Sure go for it, post a pic of our dinner table too if you have it haha. I would but doing that from my phone would just be a pain in the ass

« Reply #3106 on: May 12, 2015, 07:39 AM »
I just grab them from twitter lol

Charlie:

Our magnificient table (We were seated at table 420, no joke - well, kind of joke) My phone's on the fritz again so I grabbed the picture Charlie posted on his twitter since they're the same thing:

« Reply #3107 on: May 12, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Glad to see voiders meeting up in that there real life. I still cherish my art trade with Rabbitxrabbit once upon a time, though that was a lifetime ago. I am way overdue to meet SOMEBODY.

« Reply #3108 on: May 13, 2015, 02:06 AM »
Hahaha yayyyyy TABLE 420 FOREVER. God that was such a hilariously good time. That whole day was hilarious actually.

« Reply #3109 on: May 23, 2015, 04:46 PM »

So my sister got herself a baby goat last week. She's 2-3 weeks old.

Guess what her name is.

Here's a hint.

« Reply #3110 on: May 28, 2015, 01:25 AM »
haha that baby goat is awesome,looks like a weird headed puppy :D

« Reply #3111 on: May 28, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Pls to be having a baby goat; where does one get such a creature, and how difficult are they to take care of?

Oh and here's me- just an average day in the life of Soda.

« Reply #3112 on: May 29, 2015, 02:35 AM »
george Miller should pay attantion inkybrain ,that looks great !

« Reply #3113 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Hah, thanks! That dude is my HERO. I've been in the Post-Apoc scene for quite some time now, and he has brought it back to life.

« Reply #3114 on: Jun 04, 2015, 06:27 PM »

Ha, I look awful.

So I had a thing on my neck.  Been there since '09.  I was like 99% sure it was a zit gone horribly wrong and fossilized, 0.9% possibly some kind of benign tumor, and 0.1% left for "WTF DARK SIDE OF THE INTERNET SHIT IS THIS"...

So this thing started getting a bit of personality--letting me know when the weather was changing--being a dick when I got the flu, etc.  And I figured that if I let it hang around any longer I was going to have to name it, so I decided to get it taken care of.

Boy was I surprised to find out what it was!

A Branchial Cleft Cyst.  Which is doctor talk for an infected goddamn GILL.

I guess I'm the mermaid lady.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2015, 06:56 PM by Nibbles »
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #3115 on: Jun 04, 2015, 08:04 PM »
did you get bitten by a vampire?

« Reply #3116 on: Jun 05, 2015, 12:32 AM »
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1110351-overview Branchial Cleft Cyst (no pictures)

They gave me Tramadol, and it's still keeping me awake.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2015, 12:34 AM by Nibbles »
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #3117 on: Jun 05, 2015, 11:22 PM »
Wow. That's crazy. I'm glad you're okay.
Ducks eat for free at subway!

« Reply #3118 on: Jun 07, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Glad you've lost the gill and are on the mend!

« Reply #3119 on: Jun 07, 2015, 03:10 PM »
Nibbles is IRL mermaid

« Reply #3120 on: Jun 08, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Holy shit that is amazing!
I wonder if its ever possible that they could actually work!?
Jealous.

« Reply #3121 on: Aug 10, 2015, 09:28 AM »
My minions and I plot our next diabolical rule the world scheme. Complete with fake moustache, because doodling it over is the only way I can get some facial implements.

I say old chap! Care for a spot of tea?

« Reply #3122 on: Aug 10, 2015, 11:55 AM »
B-b-babies! How could such cuties plot to take over the world

« Reply #3123 on: Aug 10, 2015, 12:36 PM »
B-b-babies! How could such cuties plot to take over the world
That's EXACTLY why their plan is guaranteed to succeed!

« Reply #3124 on: Aug 10, 2015, 02:28 PM »

Here's the best-looking picture of me from the whole trip. I realized too late that my friend had taken the better pictures on her phone (of me when I went to the fancy dinner and was all dressed up </3 ) so I don't have those.

This was at the Happy Days Diner on St. Michel, in Paris, France. It's American-themed, like Jackrabbit Slim's in Pulp Fiction, and we really wanted to see how France handled the burger (spoiler: better than America can....)

I'm posting a few more so I don't at a later point -flush- (and since I look decent in that first picture lmao)

This was on top of La Roche Guyon. This seems unimportant, but I'll get to why La Roche Guyon was my favorite place in the whole trip-- the place where I'm standing is the top of the dungeon on the manor.

Here's a photo to show the height. I was at the very top of that white tower... and I started in the green courtyard.

There were steps about a foot tall and only a few inches wide I had to climb to get up there! And before the trip I wouldn't have been able to do that, so I felt proud of my own strength. Okay, I'm getting to something more relevent, don't worry--

(The gnome I'm holding is a joke to the movie Amelie, where the lead has her flight stewardess friend take photos of a garden gnome travelling. My mom packed it in my suitcase)

Okay, so, deep in the caverns of the manor, it was pitch-black-- my friends and I had to use the flashlights on their phones to go through it. We wondered if there was anything there, but then we heard this audio recording-- two guys speaking in french, though we couldn't understand it. Then we found this:

A time machine-- a replica of a time machine.

The story here, is that a Belgian comic took place in this same manor, and they invested a lot of effort and care to add a replica of the time machine.  And it wasn't like it was a large duration of the story-- it was a single issue of this comic.

It stood out to me, just how much France values comics. Can you imagine a single issue of your comic meaning so much to enough people they'd install a permanent installation of it in a historical site??!?? its incredible.

Comics are now a part of this French manor's history in a weird, but beautiful way.

(I later found out, the audio recording was from a cartoon adaptation of said comic!)

Okay, for enduring this post, here's a picture I took at Monet's gardens in Giverny.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

275 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us