VCU what it is and what its here for

VCU what it is and what its here for
« on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:49 PM »
What the heck is this?
Well, thousands of years ago VOID had several threads where the more experienced artists would give out assignments for the purpose of the participants' growth and learning as artists. It stopped a loooong time ago, but I thought it was worth trying again with this newer generation of VOID. I left the old threads in place, locked, if you would like to go back and re-read the past.

What's different now?
With this new VCU, the concept almost the same, but with a less condescending tone. We're all drawing together, and learning together, it's not a teacher and student kind of situation, at least not directly. We should all be learning from each other. Ideally, I won't be the only one giving out "assignments", but for now I'm going to at least try to start this up again.

Do I have to do this?
Absolutely not, but I encourage you to at least give it a shot. It's designed to challenge you, and improve your skills. I understand that not everyone is always going to have the time for something like this.

How does it work?
It's basically a timed art jam. An "assignment" will be given, along with a time limit to submit. To submit, simply post what you have done in the thread for critique and discussion.
Even though the VCU topics have a "deadline", this is just a rough goal. People tend to get things done with a deadline, so that's what it's there for. If you pass the deadline, please feel free to keep posting even if weeks or months have passed.

These are just challenges to push yourself to do things you wouldn't normally do, with the goal of improving your skills.

Vintage VCU explanation for mucho nostalgia:
VCU is an area where certain members create indepth tutorials about a different aspect of comics. It will also provide some exercises that artists may want to try at home.

The point here is not to discourage and give heavy handed critiques. It is here to encourage, and to give artists the chance to learn and practice things they may not have thought about beforehand. It may also be a nice warmup for more experienced artists.

I hope you guys like the tutorials and try out some of the practices!!! Any person who participates in any of the practices in VCU will get a karma point from me each time they participate (i might have to wait a day to catch up, but nonetheless) This may not seem like much incentive, but in the long run using these exercises will help to improve your work, which is priceless =P 
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2015, 08:35 AM by Wei Ingnan »
Gotta update my site!! for now ---> http://shortfury.deviantart.com

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

102 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 136.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us