VCU TO THE THIRD POWAH

Re: VCU TO THE THIRD POWAH
« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:08 PM »
whoa, I missed that completely. Thanks.

« Reply #26 on: Nov 01, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Cockrockers? More like COCK RIDERSSSSSSSS!

« Reply #27 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Colussus, looks good.

squidman,   did u ... even try?
Jo Momma Got Sooooo Fat She Drowned In Her Own... Fat.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Squidman's looks pretty good. at least he took part in this shindig.

thats more than i can say for YOU, apple. you haven't even tried. so go draw, and quit bothering people who have nothing to do with you, and are actually trying. you're 21, are you not? try acting like it
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2007, 06:40 PM by HAVEN! »
Picard is the man.

« Reply #29 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Colussus, looks good.

squidman,   did u ... even try?

"and what i find the most ridiculous is that instead of my ideas getting some sort of helpful nudge in the right direction i have jerks like you coming and personally attacking ME.  Incase you've forgotten ... this is an art site if you want to take our anger and hate out on somebody join a martial arts dojo."
-applejuicecaboose http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=9711.msg150856#msg150856
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:46 AM »
Squid: Is that done with watercolours? I see a pattern in the colouring and it resembles watercolour paper to me. A very cartoonish/inspired look, I like it. The closet was mentioned, I just thought I'd point out the fridge... it be slanted! Pretty good overall though.

I feel sorry for the people coming down those stairs, they must bonk their heads on that edge everytime... if they're freakishly tall like me.

Colossus: I enjoy how you made the stoplight act as a frame for the right side. That's clever. Stop.. End of frame... Maybe it was unintentional, but I thought it was a neat trick/joke.  I can't really critique anything else other than: What is holding up the sign behind the R U N sign? It just seems to be floating there...
No... no... It's all within acceptable parameters...
- Famous last words

« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Nothing lines up at all. how can that happen when you draw all the lines out with a ruler and a vanishing point?  he just didn't even do that. that's why his lines are all swiggly and  that's why everything is on weird angles and contradicting perspectives from each other.  Seriously, open your fucking eyes.

« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:02 PM »
Nothing lines up at all. how can that happen when you draw all the lines out with a ruler and a vanishing point?  he just didn't even do that. that's why his lines are all swiggly and  that's why everything is on weird angles and contradicting perspectives from each other.  Seriously, open your fucking eyes.

"and what i find the most ridiculous is that instead of my ideas getting some sort of helpful nudge in the right direction i have jerks like you coming and personally attacking ME.  Incase you've forgotten ... this is an art site if you want to take our anger and hate out on somebody join a martial arts dojo."
-applejuicecaboose http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=9711.msg150856#msg150856

I will keep on posting this everytime you're a hypocrite dude. HELP the person instead of just saying HOLYFUCK THEY SUCK OMG. It's the apocalypse when someone critiques you but it's totally okay to be an ass to people?
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007, 05:09 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #33 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:11 PM »
i love how the guy with a couple wobbly crooked cylinders for backgrounds is ragging on a perfectly good background by squidman, sure the perspective in it isnt perfect but it still works and if i were reading a comic using that as a background would find no problem with it what so ever. it flows well and has a kind of kinetic energy to it which in my opinion comes from the less then perfectly straight lines.

« Reply #34 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:01 PM »
Kiljax-- yep, watercolor. You're totally right about the stairs, too XD Sigh.
Also, the "swiggly" lines were intentional (I had been looking through some of Galvo's watercolor stuff), although it didn't come out the way I hoped. It's practice.

« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:10 PM »
That comic i drew was to show the birth of Mouthful ... i drew that thing in my sleep i didn't give a shit about making perfect backgrounds i just drew what i needed to for effect... a bunch of standing cylinders is basically what a reactor core looks like in a nuclear power plant so that's all i drew u can even tell i didn't even bother drawing the whole cylinder they were only gestures. 

and picking at me for that just shows how hard it is for you to even come up with anything negative about the stuff i've done... how pathetic.

lol yeah... swiggly lines... the exercise was to use a vanishing point and a ruler...  he didn't do the exercise if the exercise was to draw like galvo then he would've been trying to do this exercise. but that's not the case.  don't you people have anything the least bit competent to get me with?  come on, i'm waiting...
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007, 06:12 PM by AppleJuiceCaboose »

« Reply #36 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:14 PM »

mmmmmmm love me some hypocrites
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #37 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:30 PM »
hey

caboose

apple juice

caboose

hey

hey

hey

shut the fuck up.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #38 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:57 PM »
oooh good ones, you think those up all by yourselves?

You're mistaken. Here at Void we talk to our vast group of advisors before making a post

That's Toast, Galvo, and Wei there at the desk in the back. Galvo's in red. Sheldon's chilling behind Toast there
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #39 on: Nov 02, 2007, 10:57 PM »
first&last comment on the unimportant
this thread is turning into "let us talk about that abrasive fruit-train and incite more inane garbage comments".
it's a never ending cycle, so someone's gotta stop or someone has gotta step in, imho.
But seriously. enough.
/topicresetplznot hand drawn, practice with photoshop line tool (i needed it)

future bgs will be handdrawn, with line variation
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007, 11:06 PM by CrimsonViper38 »

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #40 on: Nov 03, 2007, 06:22 AM »
ooh that looks really nice, crimson, the only thing that stands out to me that looks a bit off is some of the graffiti. especially the pig head it looks like it's not really on the wall... scew/scale it a bit more to match it up with the wall it's on.

Also... maybe try breaking it up a bit like wherever an edge or line exists like a window or something like just cut it and indent it a bit so it looks more like it's on a changing surface.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2007, 06:27 AM by AppleJuiceCaboose »

« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2007, 12:23 PM »
also, pay attention to the height of things. on the right side of the street you have the ramps going up to the doors, but on the other side of the street, they're seemingly at the same height without the ramps, making them look taller even as they're further away.

also, ramps (while handicap accessible!) aren't nearly as good practice as stairs. the road to artistic perfection is not covered in the americans with disabilities act i'm afraid

-J

« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Seriously, I need to open my fucking eyes.

i fixed your post.
Picard is the man.

« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2007, 04:27 PM »
That comic i drew was to show the birth of Mouthful ... i drew that thing in my sleep i didn't give a shit about making perfect backgrounds i just drew what i needed to for effect... a bunch of standing cylinders is basically what a reactor core looks like in a nuclear power plant so that's all i drew u can even tell i didn't even bother drawing the whole cylinder they were only gestures. 

Unfortunetly a bunch of cylinders isn't what a reactor core is made out of. Ever watch the Simpsons? They've had backgrounds with reactors that aren't just cylinders. You said it yourself, you just didn't care about the comic, yet you try to justify your laziness by saying "I just drew what I needed to for effect".

and picking at me for that just shows how hard it is for you to even come up with anything negative about the stuff i've done... how pathetic.

Dude, it's way to easy to find a ton of negative stuff on ya, look at how many people jumped on your dumb ass when you decided to call somebody else's hard work a piece of shit, even though it's at a level that you currently cannot reach at this rate. Your first impression right now is really shitty with a lot of folks, I highly suggest you clean up your act otherwise you'll just get more of the same from everybody.

lol yeah... swiggly lines... the exercise was to use a vanishing point and a ruler...  he didn't do the exercise if the exercise was to draw like galvo then he would've been trying to do this exercise. but that's not the case.  don't you people have anything the least bit competent to get me with?  come on, i'm waiting...

While Squidman's picture isn't perfect and some things do look a tad off, you're stretching it when you said that he didn't do the exercise. I can take a ruler and have almost every line go to one point on this picture, hell, to me it looks like a room I'd be able to just walk into on a normal day. Now, while I probably don't have anything competent to get you with, I do have a challenge for ya: Draw your own background with any point perspective and show it off in here and show us up, you obviously know what you're talking about here, so Ccn you whip up a background that'll blow us out of the water? Or will you just give us a "Half awake effect of a background" again.

cum on, i'm waiting...
;-)

« Reply #44 on: Nov 03, 2007, 06:00 PM »

sure well i'm finishing up the intro comic for my fighter and i'll have it up in a few days (i drew some good backgrounds in that) other than that anymore drawing is going to take a bit to finish up because i'm moving so i won't have much time until i'm done with that, but sure, i don't mind... but saying that he can draw backgrounds better than me is like... making me laugh.  Yes, I've noticed that some certain people have had it in for me, but it hasn't been because of any lack of trying on my part  I'm not going to apologies for anything i've said since I have had my right to say it...  people used much harsher words to describe my work. I also know in my good conscience that anything i do say is going to get attacked.  just wait... someone will find some meaningless triviality of a thing about this post, most likely, or something completely made up and post something negative about it as well.  But I'm not going to let any of that stop me from posting, I'm going to keep posting whether you people like it or not.  I'm also going to stop replying to these nonsensical posts only designed to draw me out and vent anger towards me.  Some of you seem like really decent people.  Others ... not so much, and i hope that one day those people will find peace and harmony within themselves.

« Reply #45 on: Nov 03, 2007, 08:48 PM »
everybody shut the fuck up

it's not about 'show and tell' people it's just 'show'...... there is no tell...

..the only tell is that those of you that only talk about it don't actually know how to do it

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2007, 01:09 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

378 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 404.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us