Creating a Tridimensional Character

« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2006, 12:48 PM »
A few things I'm a bit concerned with here; if Daisuke was such a lousy swordsman, how did he manage to beat Kyosuke with a wooden sword after being stabbed in the chest? You don't mention if Kyosuke was any better or not, so there may still be an unknown factor, but from what I'm picking up on, Daisuke really isn't that great of a fighter, if he's formidable at all.

Also, being stabbed in the chest kinda should leave a mark (just my opinion). That'd file under Defects in the Physiology section if you want to include that, but the fact that he gets stabbed in the chest and is walking around now without some kind of mark is kinda inconsistent, if you get where I'm going.

I never actually said that he was a lousy fighter, i said he didn't like following the strict forms and attacks in the family style, Kyosuke was technically a better fighter, as he kept to the strictest form of the family style. whereas Daisuke came up with his own.

although, he would/ does have a scar on his chest. i need to update him anyways.

Why is this?

nobody likes admitting that they like reading the Weekly World News. he doesn't believe any of it, but he does think it's rediculously funny.

Again, going back on the idea that he's a lousy fighter, why would he enjoy something he never enjoyed doing growing up?

Daisuke was graded lower in swordsmanship growing up because of the fact that he didn't uphold the watenabe style.
basically think of if you're taking a calligraphy class, and you only print everything.

« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Critique of Leon (by Reef)

Psychology:
Moral standards: Based on loyalties. Will stand next to them wether it's right or wrong.

The description's a bit vague, but from this can I assume this man is bound by oath and service? It's not a bad thing at all, but it seems like he has no morals of his own when you put it this way.

Time period: (Not quite sure how to answer this one. It is very confusing to me.)

I probably should elaborate on this one more. Time Period Psychology refers to how the times affect the way people think and act. People in the 16th century think the same way people think now, and people 50 years from now won't think the same way we do now. I guess it's a bit hard to pinpoint in Void City's pseudo-modernistic setting, but sometimes it can be useful in finding what makes a character different (or similar) to the society he is in.
Yes, i think i do have to rephrase the moral standards. I should say that he will do what he belives to be the right thing. And that even if a friend decides to do what he may consider to be wrong, he will help in every way possible. He will disagree with that point of view and feel discomfort in having to help out, but it's his way of being. So his loyalties are stronger than his own convictions, but it isn't that he has none.

It also seems i was not the only one with doubts about that last one. But i think i understand now. An example would be something like a person living in the year 20xx while behaving like it was feudal japan (to give a radical example). If that's the case, then Leon would have to be modern as well.

« Reply #27 on: Aug 10, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Well, I figure might as well do one for my upcoming Riot League guy before I submit him

GERALD MCCARTHAS

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender - Male
2. Age - 33
3. Height/Weight - 6'0"/146 lbs.
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Brown/Blue/Light
5. Posture - Upright and regal
6. Appearance - Handsome and formal, often seen wearing fine suits. Has finely combed hair and always wears silver-framed glasses. Not quite muscular, he has a slender frame and a healthy physique.
7. Defects - Nearsighted, and needs his glasses to see clearly.
8. Heredity - Hair density and nose from father, eyes from mother.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class - High. He is an English aristocrat.
2. Occupation - Martial Artist. While most of his wealth comes from his family's fortune, he has been making a profit through tournament prize money. Is also a historian with a focus on Asian history and culture, and sometimes does teaching jobs.
3. Education - Graduate of the University of Cambridge with a Master's Degree in History.
4. Home Life - Grew up with his father and mother, Kirk and Allison McCarthas in Birmingham, lived a relatively normal life and had a healthy relationship with his parents. Moved to Cambridge at the age of 18 to attend Cambridge university and bought an estate there when he graduated. At the age of 25 he started work as a historian at the Fitzwilliam Museum, where he met his wife-to-be, Mariam Winchester. Lives with Mariam and their handmaiden, Gretchen Hatson.
5. Race - Human
6. Religion and/or Nationality - English, and raised Protestant.
7. Place in Community - Gerald claims no particalar rank in society. Though he is of the upper class, he holds no dominion over those of lower class.
8. Political affiliations - As a citizen of England, Gerald holds no opinion towards either side of the American government.
9. Amusements/Hobbies - Enjoys collecting and researching Asian artifacts. Practices Wing Chun and often enjoys its meditational practices. He is also quite good at chess.
10. Time Period/Era - There is nothing in particular about the current society that changes Gerald's social standpoint.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards - Through his studies in Wing Chun, Gerald values tranquility and stillness, practicing patience and restraint in an otherwise chaotic world.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition - He seeks to master his form and understand true spiritual enlightenment.
3. Frustrations - He is annoyed by people who deliberately go out of their way to interfere with him.
4. Temperament - Gerald is an easygoing fellow, the sort who can laugh away most of his frustrations.
5. Attitude toward Life - One might say that Gerald is an optimist, always looking foward to the good things in life.
6. Complexes - Gerald is kind of a neat-freak. He doesn't take it out on Gretchen, however; if he sees something out of order he'll gladly fix it himself.
7. Ambiverted - Has trust in both his wife and Gretchen with his feelings, and has enough self-control not to rely on them as emotional crutches.
8. Abilities - Speaks a multitude of Asian languages, and is very knowledgable on Asian cultures and histories. Also a practitioner of Wing Chun martial arts.
9. Qualities - Gerald is an upstanding gentleman. Courteous and polite, he is well poised and practices proper social etiquette naturally.
10. IQ - 109
11. Time Period/Era - Gerald is very much a modern man. He does not believe in prejudice towards those of differing cultures, religions or race, and is open-minded to opinions of all kinds.
[/i]

Feel free to crit mine and others as well!

edit - zato I am too lazy to change the font color to something people can see, but I changed the size to not huge =P pleaase fixxx
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2006, 08:59 PM by Zato-2TWO »

« Reply #28 on: Aug 11, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Oreph McFain (Orayan Saulorex)

PHYSIOLOGY

1. Sex/Gender - Male

2. Age - 30

3. Height/Weight - 6'6"/ 345 lbs.

4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Red/Red/Orange

5. Posture - Mostly straight, rarely hunched over

6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs) - Quite scaly, with a sinewy, muscular built; golden shoulder pads and gloves with crimson bandages around his forearms and legs; clean enough to not emit any foul scents. Whether he's good-looking or not depends on how much someone likes ancient lizards. Also has a mechanical tail with a built-in female AI that acts on her own accord.

7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases) - Lacks certain organs so that he can't reproduce and pass off his genes naturally.

8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family) - Received his (subdued)passion for literature and math from his father, and his red, short hair and eyes from his mother.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper) - Is pretty much restricted to the lower class, since he knows his appearance would disrupt activity in higher classes.

2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work) - Is pretty much an underground boxer for the most part, since he excels at it, though he does occasional odd jobs.

3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes) - Was home-schooled till the age of 15, when a life-changing incident occured, then self-studied till 20, when he would earn a diploma from a nearby school discreetly and GED. In academics, he's an above average student, excelling in PE, English and Math, doing somewhat mediocre in Science, History and Social Science.

4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status) - Both of his parents died a few days after his 15th birthday. His father, John McFain, was a literary professor before he was drafted as a soldier and returned as genetics scientist. His mother, Sera Dolem, was a white-collar office worker. They married and never divorced, though Sera at that time was undergoing traumatic stress that left her mildly retarded.

5. Race - Anthropomorphic Saurischian

6. Religion and/or Nationality - On his papers, he's somewhat of an American, though he's not directly affiliated with any known religion at the moment, though he's not an atheist either.

7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports) - Wandering leader, though he doesn't act upon that role and lead often.

8. Political affiliations. - Technically none, though he more or less sides with Democratic policies.

9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.) - Takes relaxing baths in less-known rivers and ponds, self-trains in abandoned buildings, drinks tea of various kinds. Otherwise, he leans on walls and observes other people. He doesn't have much going for hobbies.

10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character) - Modern

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards - He believes that it pays to be kind and thoughtful to others, and to be mindful of one's business unless said business acts against his principles or relates to him in any level.

2. Personal Premise/Ambition - To follow out his calling and reform a dark, death-filled city.

3. Frustrations - Very little gives him frustration, which is mostly derived from himself. And even then, he doesn't get frustrated with him very much. Though it's possible to tick him by repeatedly offering him meat (he's a vegetarian).

4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.) - Mostly phlegmatic, meaning calm and nonchalant of many things.

5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.) - Believes that everyone has their own path to follow and that no one should be forced to let others make desicions for them.

6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.) - He almost never takes off his gloves. He's rather afraid of his clawed hands due to a traumatic and tragic incident.

7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? - Ambivert is closest.

8. Abilities (languages, talents) - Has some slight psychic potential, which allows him to grasp things that he can't with his gloves and sometimes emits a blue aura in a desperate melee situation; knows how to play the piano and knows a thing or two about cryptic puzzles and riddles.

9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise) - Isn't very imaginative, though he tends to have very sound judgment of various situations, his taste in things is  a bit meager and will go for anything that suits his pragmatism and sometimes fancy. In poise, he knows much about courtesy and manners.

10. IQ - 100

11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) - Modern in thinking, though his vocabulary is influenced by Shakespearian works and rarely uses contractions.  

« Reply #29 on: Aug 11, 2006, 10:26 PM »
GVSR

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender:   MALE-like.  Acts manly.
2. Age:    30 give or take a few years depending on whether or not sexy females are present.
3. Height/Weight:   Matches his height to his opponents height - weighs nothing.
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin:   has no eyes or hair, no skin either - but he is red.
5. Posture:   rectangular
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs):   He's a rectangle.
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases):   He's a rectangle
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family):  inherited his rectangle traits from his rectangle ancestry.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper): used to be rich, now is lower middle class.
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work): currently unemployed, used to be in the video game industry.
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes):never went to school, he was born into the video game business.  Knows little if anything about most things and cares even less.
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status): He left his parents at a very young age, and never really matured.  His parents were typically loving parents.  His dad had a mustache, they were the nuclear family of the video game world.
5. Race: rectangle
6. Religion and/or Nationality: has no religion.
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports): a lovable loser, has some friends, mostly J-pop and Space Person.
8. Political affiliations: NONE- NONE- NONE- hates politics!
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.): likes to blow things up with dynamite.
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character): lives in the current age.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Would never kill a person on purpose.  Believes you should open doors for women.  Curses a lot though (but not in front of the children - unless they're the british children)
2. Personal Premise/Ambition:  Wants to be rich again, but doesn't think he should have to do anything for it.
3. Frustrations: not being rich anymore.
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.): Manic
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.): thinks everything will work itself out for the good, a sort of optimistic stoicism.
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.): annoyed by people who don't remember him/respect his status as a legend
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? extroverted
8. Abilities (languages, talents) shoots laser blocks from his knees, knows tom-foo
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise)is attracted to gaudy things and shiny objects
10. IQ like maybe 100 or less
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character)believes hoover still runs the FBI, and that husbands own their wives as taxable property
"FUCK YOU PONG AND YOUR GODDAMN STUPID JEW FACE" ~ Lysol Jones

« Reply #30 on: Aug 12, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Traveler

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender:  Male
2. Age: 37
3. Height/Weight: 6'2", about 190 lbs
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: Natural hair color black, but bald currently. Eyes light blue-gray. Skin light brown.
5. Posture: good question... very self-confident but rarely straight
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs): ethnicity unidentifiable. big, weird, horned, usually very unkempt, sort of terrifying. if it weren't for all of the strangeness, he'd be very attractive.
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases): aside from body modifications, none.
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family): his family, and most of the world at the time of his birth, were part of one big, uniform, flawless, mixed ethnicity. This isn't a Hitler-type thing; it's just the result of thousands of years of racial indifference.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper): In his birth time, he was in a royal family, and therefore in a significantly higher class than the generally well-to-do populous of Earth at the time. As he began traveling, any amount of money he wanted was easily accessible.
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work): Wanders and cares about no one but himself. Gets money primarily through theft and gambling.
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes): Formally educated until age 10, when he began traveling. Knows everything there is to know about human history.
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status): Mother was an important governing figure of Earth in his birth time; father unknown.
5. Race: Something
6. Religion and/or Nationality: Atheist. No nationality.
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports): Loner, mythic figure.
8. Political affiliations: Extremely liberal ideals, but not really a political guy.
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.): Exploration, drug use, sex, and the occasional book no one else has ever heard of.
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character): Every time period, ever. Completely detached from social structures.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Low. He doesn't really care about other people.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Ironically I guess, he doesn't think very far into his own future. Lives in the moment.
3. Frustrations: Inability to have meaningful relationships with other people.
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.): Cynical, constantly active, not easily surprised.
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.): There is no reason not to do whatever the fuck you want, especially if you have the ability to travel through time and space at will. Hedonism.
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.): Has trouble staying in one place for very long. Afraid of the mysterious source of his power. Waayy too self confident.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? Apparently extroverted, but very much introverted. i dunno.
8. Abilities (languages, talents): Fluent in many languages, and passable in many more. Good at beating people up, but not really a good 'fighter'
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise): very imaginative, though he doesn't apply it very much. this is a dumb question.
10. IQ: fuck i dunno. reasonably intelligent.
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) he thinks like people of the future, where everyone is radically liberal.

« Reply #31 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:35 PM »
ISTJ - The Inspector - Granville Bradshaw - (introvert's enemy/rival)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender male
2. Age 30
3. Height/Weight 6'0" - 155lbs
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skinbrown,brown,pale white
5. Posturegood and straight
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs)well kept, shaven, hair combed, clothes clean, shoes shined, wears glasses.
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases)near-sighted
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family)almost a dead ringer for his father, except slightly shorter and much paler skin

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper)Parents were very well off, he decided to strike off on his own to prove his worth and maintains an upper middle class life
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work)self employed detective, only takes cases that interest him personally
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes)graduated high school, but dropped out of college after two years to persue his own interests.  Excellent in all subjects - but loathed math, and loved music
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status)His parents were well manored, but more passionate about caring for eachother than caring for their son.  His parents often engaged eachother in lengthy arguments about arcane subects for sport.  They raised their son up propper, albeit somewhat coldly
5. Race caucasian
6. Religion and/or Nationalityparents were catholic, although he strongly believes in god, he only loosley practices the religion/English
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports)Has had many friends, but none of them close.  People see him as a leader, but nobody wants to be any closer to him than he wants to be close to them because of his eccentric behavior.
8. Political affiliations.conservative
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.)Enjoys playing stringed instruments, building complex models - repairing intricate mechanical devices (watches etc.) or anything that involves great attention to detail
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character)modern

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standardsold fashioned, and conservative
2. Personal Premise/AmbitionWants to prove to his parents that he ought to have garnered more of their attention than he had
3. Frustrationspoor logic, poor planning, poor timing
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.)very reserved and aloof.  Very patient, has a long slow fuse - rarely angry but terrifying when he is.
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.)Has a stoic outlook on life, believes God has a plan for everything and that everything happens for a good reason
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.)Obsessive compulsive.  Has to check and recheck everything. Is always prepared for rain, even if there's not even a remote possibilty for precipitation.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert?introvert
8. Abilities (languages, talents)speaks many laguages: English, American, Canadian, Australian.  French and German.  Knows a little mandarin, japanese, vietnamese, but is not fluent.
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise)has poor sense of intuition, relies on his senses to figure things out, not on his feelings.  His taste is reserved, he prefers classics, tried and true, over new fads
10. IQ145
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) modern - believes himself to be dated, anachronistic -  but having a quality of character most other's "these days" lack, and secretly he has deep satisfaction in this thought.
"FUCK YOU PONG AND YOUR GODDAMN STUPID JEW FACE" ~ Lysol Jones

« Reply #32 on: Aug 13, 2006, 12:35 AM »
It's a good excersise in keeping tabs on an established character. :D However, there are parts of this character that, while I have the details writen out, I will not put up here. I'm not about to ruin any of the surprises I built into her, thank you very much. :P

Happy Reading. If you get through all of this, more power to you. ;)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender: Female

2. Age: 627 years old (Or young, as the case maybe.)

3. Height/Weight: 5'10"/132lbs(without wings)

4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: Golden Blonde/Red/Pale

5. Posture: She has excellant posture, squared shoulders and a straight back. She hardly ever relaxes in public.

6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs): Like most Succubi/Incubi, Kotori is fastidious and extremely good looking, though perhaps a tad slender.

7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases): The jewel on her forhead is considered a 'deformity' by the Daemonar, as it is not natural in their species.

8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family): Her red eyes are a LaDiablo marker and only her family has them amoung the Daemonar. The gem on her forhead was inherited from her mother.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper): Top of the Upper Class

2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work): As a Lady of a House, Kotori is the equivilant to a govenor of an area that is ruled by the Daemonar Dark Court. While her House staff helps with the day-to-day affairs, she is often called upon to mediate extreme disputes and is in charge of making sure the Dracian do not violate the country boundries. Also, as a high ranking Succubi, she is also responsible for keeping the Pact intact between the Humans and Succubi/Incubi. She is required to appear when the Dark Court is called by her Father and is subject to his decisions.

3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes): Highly educated starting at age 13, she is extremely proficiant in Daemonar History and Customs, Court Ettiquate, Dance, Government, and Daemonar Magic. Due to her half-brother's influence she is also well trained in tactics and long-term planning. She has never been very good with numbers, however, and usually leaves the accounting to her assistants.

4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status): *Disclaimer: I will NOT go into Kotori's mother. She has never been a part of the character's growth and will not be given away at this time. If this really gets your britches in a bunch, send me a note and we'll chat.* Kotori's father, Tsalmaveth Tien LaDiablo is the Head of House LaDiablo, the Lover of Shadows, and the single most powerful Daemonar currently alive. He resides in the main Hall owned by the House and is rarely seen outside of his private chamber where he spends his time gathering power and spreading out his web to further solidify his control. His rule is fair, but strict, and death is not uncommon when infractions are discovered. While Kotori fears and respects him, she also cares for him to a degree and is quick to move against those who slight him.
Daemonar never marry and rarely form permanent attachments to another Daemonar. Children are agreed upon by two parties and taken by one or the other to be raised within that House. To this end, Kotori has point-blank refused to ever have children and has taken no other Daemonar lover in her rank other than Amatheon Aeon. Her Seraglio(or Harem) is on the smallish side, but includes many of those who also help with the running of her House. (Such as her advisor and acting seneschal, Sahen Siyamak, a Daemonar of mixed rank.)

5. Race: Half-Daemonar, Succubi/Incubi Rank, Half-? *Again, note me if you are concerned, but I do not feel the need to destroy any of the interesting plot surprises I have in store.*

6. Religion and/or Nationality: There are no Gods at this time on Baeldia. Daemonar respect the night, but do not worship it./Ruler of the Ahti province in the Pryderi Nation.

7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports): Province Ruler, member of the highest House in the Dark Court, Lover of Ice.

8. Political affiliations: House LaDiablo, allied with the humans of Pryderi, fierce enemy of the Dracian race.

9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.): Sculpting and music are Kotori's main interests outside of Court entanglements. Her personal Hall is full of ice sculptures year round, though they often change with the season. While those in her House claim she has a lovely singing voice, she usually sticks to playing the regional instrument that closely resembles a shamisen.

10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character): The realm of Pryderi is a mix of Medival and Victorian in comparison to human time-periods. Science is not an important part of a world that revolves around such powerful magical entities such as the Daemonar and Dracian. Pryderi is split into proviances that are ruled by the various Houses of the Dark Court, all of which are under the rule of the most powerful House. The rank of the Houses changes often, except for LaDiablo which has remained the most powerful due to the Lord of the House, the Lover of Shadows. The humans living in the various proviances are under the protection of the House ruling it. While humans outnumber the Succubi/Incubi Daemonar, they remain bound by the treaty to ensure that the Lukivai and Vandurai Daemonar do not ever escape the Succubi/Incubi control. (These two members of the Daemonar race exist on pain, flesh and blood, and are only kept in check and under control by the Powers of the Succubi/Incubi Daemonar, who need humans to ensure they have enough energy to use these Powers.)
Kotori exists within this system and is bound by the rules that apply to all Daemonar. She must protect her people, keep her side of the treaty, and ensure that her House remains in power. Heavy responsibilities she has been trained to carry.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Kotori has the morals most Daemonar have. There is no law against killing, but one must be willing to accept any reprisals that comes with it. Every action must be carefully thought out, for one never knows if they are acting on their own or to the tune of another's plot. Kotori is very true to the laws and treaties as well as the codes that the 3 casts of Daemonar follow. If she feels someone falls under her House's shadow of protection she will move to protect them whether they know it or not. She sometimes gets confused when visiting other worlds and their customs reguarding sex. Since the Succubi/Incubi need sex as a source of energy/food, they do not completely understand more reserved races... however, she is extremely picky about who she takes to her Seraglio. Once taken in, that indivdual is extended the protection of her House, along with the rest of their kin, and accorded privilages and rank. Slights and insults towards a member of her Seraglio are taken as slights against her and her House and delt with accordingly.

2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Kotori's current driving ambition is to discover who/what her mother is/was. She also intends to strengthen the power of her House... if she happens to find a way to take a chunk of Dracian land in the process, all the better.

3. Frustrations: Her father's refusal to reveal who her mother is. Other Houses assuming she is the weak link in the House and trying to use her to strengthen their own Houses or destroy LaDiablo. Othar Osirii Mirovien, an Incubi Daemonar Lord who has been persuing her for the last 100 years.

4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.): Always plotting, she can seem cold and aloof to most who casually meet her. To those of her House she reveals more of her warmth and caring. The only people she is ever completely relaxed around are Daimer and Amatheon Aeon. She is quick to go coldly angry when those she considers "her's" are threatened or in trouble and it usually takes a long time for her anger to thaw.

5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.): Life is the Dark Court's Dance, plotting and planning. She never bends her neck to anything life throws at her and will fight against what others call 'fate' with every ounce of power she has.

6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.): She is completely obsessed with her unknown mother. She is also completely attached to her half-brother and scorns all other Daemonar males as insignifcant next to him. She is slightly frightened of thunder and will often, as casually as possible, shift over to be around either Daimer or Amatheon Aeon when possible.

7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert?: Ambivert

8. Abilities (languages, talents): Kotori speaks the 3 main languages of her planet, Trade(most common language, equivalant to English), High Daemonar, and Dracian. Her Daemonar Power lies in Cold and Ice, being able to, on touch, lower the temperature of anything until she is satisfied and to control ice when she is able to form it. She can not, however, create it from thin air... she must have moisture to work with. She is also highly trained in the arts of seduction and sex, which is normal for powerful Succubi/Incubi ranked Daemonar.

9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise): Put Amatheon Aeon and Kotori together and they can pull off just about any plot they want. Kotori is quick witted and has a vicious imagination when it comes to how to inflict the most social damage to another House. She can be slightly more rash than her half-brother, so he plays the slightly more practical, though bloodthirsty, of the two. Her tastes run towards exotic and she revels in new and foreign goods brought in. Her poise is what is expected of a Lady of the Dark Court, completely refined and elegant.

10. IQ: Around 175

11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character):  Kotori has very few of the inhibitions towards personal interaction that humans do. Since Daemonar can fully control their fertility, there has never been issues with who/what one wishes to 'dally' with. Her relationship with her half-brother is not viewed as anything out of the ordinary amongst her kind. She dosen't understand the idea of sectioning off one whole gender as 'undesireable' and is not put off by different races, either. Is it useful? Is it powerful? Is it attractive? Then what is the problem? Death is also nothing new or special for a Daemonar. If you kill, you may someday be killed. If you are weak, you won't survive.
You're not special. Deal.

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13, 2006, 10:13 PM »
GVSR

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender:   MALE-like.  Acts manly.
2. Age:    30 give or take a few years depending on whether or not sexy females are present.
3. Height/Weight:   Matches his height to his opponents height - weighs nothing.
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin:   has no eyes or hair, no skin either - but he is red.
5. Posture:   rectangular
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character)believes hoover still runs the FBI, and that husbands own their wives as taxable property
dammit King Pong, why do you have to rock so hard?

this is pure genius.

unrelated note... WHERE'S HIEMIE?

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Earlier in the topic you big dummy.

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Heavans Ever Lasting Light...

If I can't seem to have found the time for photos to work new perspective and dimention into my panels then maybe I can do this.

I'll try to make my next post in here. But what if my character loses all of his mystery? Like after finding out everything about everyone in the Marvel Universe alphibetical series. Went on to other underground velvety stuff. Anyways if doing the home work won't deprive him of his mysterium and will give him browny points on his next attempt to smash through the door of VOID's fighting guild...

I'm under it.
If I keep a green bough in my heart,
the singing bird will come.
               ~Chinese Proverb

« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Heavans Ever Lasting Light...

If I can't seem to have found the time for photos to work new perspective and dimention into my panels then maybe I can do this.

I'll try to make my next post in here. But what if my character loses all of his mystery? Like after finding out everything about everyone in the Marvel Universe alphibetical series. Went on to other underground velvety stuff. Anyways if doing the home work won't deprive him of his mysterium and will give him browny points on his next attempt to smash through the door of VOID's fighting guild...

I'm under it.
Ah, no no no. See, you don't have to completely expose your character here. You can still omit details that you might not want to reveal just yet. I think that's part of the exercise really. This is not about revealing your character, it's about giving it depth.

« Reply #37 on: Aug 14, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Well actually, the way it worked in class is that you'd actually reveal EVERYTHING as though you were handing this character to an editor, not a reader. It's good to include unknowns to give a character intrigue, but part of this exercise is knowing how to fill those unknowns so you don't just have blank parts of a character where there should be content.

« Reply #38 on: Aug 14, 2006, 05:30 PM »
In and of itself it is a fantastic exercise, Zato. But if you are doing a storyline here in VOID I can see why people might not want to post all the secrets and plot-points here. If they write the entire thing out on their own, great. If they want to go over it with someone else, great. But I find it... tasteless to demand that people reveal everything in the open if they want to have surprises. *shrug*

« Reply #39 on: Aug 14, 2006, 05:53 PM »
Well actually, the way it worked in class is that you'd actually reveal EVERYTHING as though you were handing this character to an editor, not a reader. It's good to include unknowns to give a character intrigue, but part of this exercise is knowing how to fill those unknowns so you don't just have blank parts of a character where there should be content.
I get that. But Kotori has a point. Most of us are readers to the others, and at least for myself i'd rather keep some details to myself about the whole character. However it is not to be said that one should just fill "unknown" on every area that you don't want revealed. I think it's also a good excercise to write at least something that does not necesarily go into excrutiating detail about the character. It could help people try to exercise being concise about their character and just giving out the necesary, instead of submitting legal-sized bios.

« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Oh, I think Zato's form here is perfect for ALL fighters to fill out. They should be able to fill the entire thing out or they need to sit down and do some thinking. I just don't think they need to post the entire thing for everyone to read. If they want Zato or someone to look over it, do it privatly for some things. That's all.

« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Err, I meant to just mention that it was the way we did it in class that we had to leave no unknowns.

As a bit of advice though, you don't want to have TOO many unknowns if you plan to leave some. There has to be SOME point of interest, otherwise we're presented with a character who's littered to the chest with unknowns, and that's just sloppy.

If you want to discover more on this and other writing techniques and such, you should check out "The Art of Dramatic Writing" by Lajos Egri, the book from whence this form was conceived.

« Reply #42 on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:18 AM »
pong said I should post.. my next fighter, I hope

Lydon Hsiao (Xiao/ 蕭)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender
- Male
2. Age - 24 years old, Aquarius (February 6th)
3. Height/Weight - 6'/ give or take about 160 lbs
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Black/ Silver Fox/ Fair-Medium Asian
5. Posture - Straight but relaxed
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs) - Medium bone structure, well-proportioned under the heavy coats, long black straight hair, slanted (asian) eye shape, wears mostly white-grey-tan spectrum of clothes, wears gloves most of the time, well-dressed and kept in most occasions (aside from working 24/7 in a case for days in the headquarters).
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases) - Not many know of, but aside from his seemingly normal life, he has an additional unusual weapon of his own; his hair. It's extremely strong and sharp, and can be used to slice people easily. Not an option he'd like to execute most of the time, considering he mostly wears white and bloodstain is a lost case to clean. He might reveal on how he acquired (or born with) it, but at this point he prefers to keep the information confidential. Along with this his skin is also more resistant than normal to avoid getting sliced himself.
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family) - Racial traits, appearance.

SOCIOLOGY
1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper)
- appear upper-middle.
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work) - Most of his wealth and income come from family business and investments, but then decided to join the police force by the age of 19. Currently a police officer in the Criminal Investigation Department of The Metropolitan Police, which gives him the title of Detective Investigator. His sense of observation and particularly relaxed demeanor gives him advantages in his field of work and generally very pleasant to his co-workers and superiors. Earlier this year, he was transferred to Void City in order to track a long winded case, and had been joining the VCPD Force ever since. Lives alone in an apartement in a relatively safer area of the city.
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes) - Graduated from an all-boys boarding school in Tonbridge with above average marks, with favorite subjects of Chemistry and Theatre Studies, never really that fond of Physics.
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status) - Mother is British with mixed heritage and father of Chinese descent (about 1/4 Caucasian). The only child, while somewhat detached due to their own businesses, the parents were very attentive to his development. Single.
5. Race - Human. A mix of Chinese and various European (Caucasian) descent.
6. Religion and/or Nationality - Church of England (although he would go along when the relatives from the Chinese side practice Confucian/ Taoist events), British.
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports) - Well liked among his relatives for his respectful and untroubled behaviour, also known as the responsible, nice guy among his friends although some find his absolute grip on his temper unnerving.
8. Political affiliations - Conservative Party, not interested in American politics.
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.) - He reads newspaper every morning while sipping his coffee (The VOID Monitor, in particular), and keep up with the world news impeccably  by subscribing to several international newspapers and online Journals. In his free time, he would occasionally read biographies and classic fictions. Enjoys theatre plays but not so much modern movies.
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character) - Current era.

PSYCHOLOGY
1. Moral Standards
- While always looking pleasant and agreeable, he is silently very opinionated, especially about criminals, holding a strong suspicion before proven innocent and would not lament if they end up dead or (whether unjustly or not) convicted.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition - He gets his daily high from solving cases by working from evidences and constructing theories.
3. Frustrations - When a case is unfinished, some interpersonal and personal problems which he tries to store away in the farthest corner of his mind. 
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.) - ISTJ Myers-Briggs type, laid back and calm, never yet to lose his composure and temper in public, will avoid starting conflicts whenever he can help it.
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.) - Relativist.
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.) - Sometimes get carried away when researching/ investigating, the fact that he doesn't even know what can tick him off.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? - Mostly Introvert
8. Abilities (languages, talents) - Can cook decent food, very organized
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise) - Appreciative of finer things in life and respectful of other people in general.
10. IQ - Considerably above average.
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) - He's somewhat old fashioned and try to hold those values for himself, but open to/ has no problem with other people's way of thinking.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007, 01:10 PM by Yosai »

« Reply #43 on: Aug 16, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Abrafo Bookin (a.k.a. Lil Bookie)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender - Male
2. Age - 13
3. Height/Weight - 4'8 / 110
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Black Hair(Dreds)/Golden hazel/Brown
5. Posture - Good posture. For such a young child his shoulders and back are very strong.
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs) - Abrafo is very well kept due to his village's strict teachings of cleanliness. A vigorous and cute child, round face, slightly fat cheeks, medium child build.
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases) - Abrafo was born with the Mark of the Serengit upon his chest with strange markings leading from it down his right arm. This is said to connect Kumou's soul to the material plain.Anything else it affords him is unknown at this time.
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family) - The Mark of Serengit & Dogon face marks. Each family in the Maasaian village has a different set of markings that correspond to the chart of Dogon(Ancestoral Spirit Inheritance).
The chart is of the human body and is divided into 9 areas each area represents a different Spirit Energy.

1.Right Hip - Life Energy
2.Left Hip - Absorption Energy
3.Right Shoulder - Soul Energy
4.Left Shoulder - Physical Energy
5.Right Knee - Water Energy
6.Left Knee - Fire Energy
7.Right Elbow - Air Energy
8.Left Elbow - Earth Energy
9.Head - Mental Energy
The Mark of the Serengit is said to have been created by Kumou himself and incorporates Destruction Energy from Physical, Soul, and Mental Energy

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper) - Abrafo would be in the class of Young Warrior in his village. He had just recently passed the coming of age test.
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work) - A warrior/hunter in his village.
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes) - Abrafo has no formal education, but absorbs all knowledge rather quickly.
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status) - Abrafo was raised primarily alone with his mother because of the cercumstances his father(bioligical) was in, but Kumou(ancestoral father) spent time with the boy and helped him to grow strong.
5. Race - African
6. Religion and/or Nationality - Maasai
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports) - He is apart of his village's younger warrior/hunter group.
8. Political affiliations. - None.
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.) - Creating creatures and toys from his imagination and exploring nature.
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character) - Modern era. In Maasai culture the social system goes as follows.
Elders - decision making body. 1 male elder is selected as Head of village.
Elder Guardians - Main educational body and prime passed warriors and hunters
Warriors/Hunters Crafters/Worksmen/women - main defenders and workers
Common People - Ones who have not taken up a trade and young children

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards - Abrafo has a strong sense of loyalty and family as the same in his village.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition - To never let any one who depends on him down, and to never bring embarassment or shame to his family or name.
3. Frustrations - People who do not believe in playing.
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.) - Abrafo is not apart of the "Civilized" world so he has been enjoying his childhood to the utmost. He is a purely innocent, playful child, but too has convictions of a warrior.
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.) - To Abrafo life is a playground and an adventure field. Its good to play together.
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.) - Abrafo has a weakness for beautiful older girls and will usually pursue them with a playfulness. However when affection is shown back to him he will at times become bashful.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? - Extrovert
8. Abilities (languages, talents) - By way of his Spiritual inheritance Abrafo has the ability of Psycho Tangibility. This means he can cause his thoughts to materialize into reality. This ability is rather complicated because though the objects and creatures he creates do indeed become "real" they are still fictional to reality. (Example: If Bookie is hungery and creates an apple to eat, when he consumes it he will still be hungery because he has eaten nothing.) To the extent of his ability at this time, he has not learned how to spawn things at will alone yet, but can do so with his Abyssal bag that seems to amplify his power. Without it he can mold things with his imagination by touching them. (Example: Turning a tree into a tree monster or a giant baseball bat.) The Mark of the Serengit that he has inherited seems to only work for him when Kumou uses his power.
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise) - He has the outlook of a child when not engaged in a battle.
10. IQ - 200+. Abrafo is higher level genius probably due to his inheritance power.
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) - Abrafo lives in the modern age, but his way of thinking could be said to be "premitive" compared to that of the rest of the "Civilized" world.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006, 01:35 PM by orenkie »
<orenkie>Im da one that went to da gun fight wit a knife...and wooooon. Even when his friends left h

« Reply #44 on: Aug 16, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Radios Vernadad Baron

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender - Male
2. Age - 21
3. Height/Weight - 6'1/150
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Black:Dreds/faded sides and back(molly top)/Dark Brown/ Brown
5. Posture - Though he has good standing posture, he slouches when he sits.
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs) - Broad-sturdy shoulders, Slightly muscular adult build. Handsome face, though he has stress lines under his eyes.
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases) - It is thought by some who have not seen him before that he has only one eye, but when he removes his visor and pushes his hair out of his face, his left eye surely can be seen. Radios does infact need to wear glasses which he does not. He is near sighted and his vision is not so hot.
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family) - Radios's Yoruban mother, Monifa Baron, says that he has his father's chin(Luichi Vernon Baron) whilst everyone agrees that he has his mother's eyes.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper) - Though Radios and his family have always been in the upper class, Radios chooses to not live the life of a rich boy unlike his four siblings (Lucian-10, Rowaldo-7, Antica-7, and Jeneat-17) who have no problem with it.
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work) - Radios is a failed fighter pilot, but still is well know by his father's name, well the ruining of it by his failure that is. He absolutely hates that he some how cannot get flying a plane right this inturn adds to his inability to become like his father. Having been banned from destroying any more planes in his useless attempts to fly he currently works for Fed Up. A local delivery service.
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes) Radios graduated from VCHS (Void Comprehensive High SChool) and went on to enter piloting school from which he was expelled to never return after destroying 12 consecutive planes to gain his liscene. By all means Radios is no dumby all his written test scores were high, but his piloting skills probably failed due to his bad eye sight and fear of heights. He some how managed to cheat his way through the sight test. Memorizing the chart by stealing one during a check up.
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status) - Radios' family has always been happy and loving. Radios loved his father, but had more of an attachment to his mother since his father was away for long periods of time with the Void Bullet Devils(Air Force). Radios always did care about his mother's well being noticing her feelings and attitude he'd always try to be there for her and cheer her up. When his father died when he was around 16 he saw how sad his mother became and wanted to do something about it. He began to persue with active interest, becoming just lie his father in every aspect he could. Trying to do good deeds in Void only blew back in his face, trying to become a fighter pilot only got him laughed at for failing and his mother worrying that he is going to get himself killed going about chasing such a stupid idea was defeating his whole idea of making her happy again. Still he did not give in and obessessed over becoming his father till this day; Something such as this would certainly begin to stress the mind of person, thusly it started effecting his Personal and Social life resulting in him becoming complusive and unwilling to deal with his emotions properly. Plus, him realising the fact that he isnt very much like his father atol, infact getting further from him, makes him rather explosive in nature when ever some one mentions him.
5. Race - Italian/Yoruban
6. Religion and/or Nationality - American
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports) - Radios is the top runner in FedUp thanks to his propulsion ability.
8. Political affiliations. - Radios isnt one to discuss politics but wouldnt mind punchin the mayor in the face.
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.) - Mostly import car magazines, and car improvement catalogs. He enjoys fixing up his Purple Diablo.
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character) - Present Day

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards - Though Radios isnt one for many morals these days, he has a set code that he calls "Shit you just dont do."
1.You dont call a man's mama to tell on him after he has done you a wrong.
2.You never in yo life should take the last chicken wang if you did not pay for the bucket.
3.When riding in the passenger seat of another man's car you never tell the man how to drive his vehicle or what to listen to while doin so.
4.Never tell a woman you love her just to get some action. That automaticly entitles her to half of your bank account.
5.Never hit a woman unless she hits you in the face. If she's man enough to hit you in da face she is man enough to take one to da gut.
6.Dont touch my car without my premission, it could land you in ass whoopin depot.
7.You should never insult a man and run away. that will surely get you a ass whoopin on sight.
8.Don't believe what you are told to do until you are showed to do it.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition - To be just like his father.
3. Frustrations - Not being able to achieve his goals.
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.) - It depends on how he is feeling at the time, but still his actions are compulsive and may or may not reflect how he is feeling at that point in time.
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.) - Radios takes life as it comes to him. He pursues his goals and hopes to achieve them before his time runs out on him.
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.) - Radios is obsessed with becoming his father for his mother's sake this would ultimately keep him from being himself, but ironicly trying to be his father is making him nothing like it. He has a fear of heights, and is near sighted so he doesnt drive too fast at night.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? Definetly an extrovert extremist, but the mode switches on and off depending on whether he is focusing on that certain goal or not.
8. Abilities (languages, talents) - Propulsion Compulsion: Radios has the ability of random rocket propulsion. He cannot determine the speed nor distance of the blast, but probably can determine the direction by facing it. While he is in his rocketing state he is indestructable, and one could say he has super strength, but only due to the high speeds he travels in.
He can also speak basic Italian thanks to his father.
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise) - Though it may seem Radios has an Oedipus Complex, this very much untrue. He has no "attracting" feeling towards his mother other than child to parent love. Radios likes to conversate with women, but his 'Player to Irritated' attitude fudges things up for him sometimes. Radios will never take someone else's opinion on something without first checking whatever the matter is out first.
10. IQ - 120
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character) - Radios doesnt live over on the Void Estates with the rest of his family. He lives over in present day Voidcraft Village; A housing project in one of the many hoods of Void City. Voidcraft Village isnt a very bad place, nor is it run down, but Radios seems to enjoy the atmosphere of it.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006, 01:02 PM by orenkie »
<orenkie>Im da one that went to da gun fight wit a knife...and wooooon. Even when his friends left h

« Reply #45 on: Aug 17, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Just posting here since Orenkie suggested it and in case someone just happens to be curious. Also it'd save me time later from having to write down some things over and over.

Ajay Godwin

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender: Female
2. Age: 21, November 11th (Scorpio)
3. Height/Weight: 5'10"/ 135lbs
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: ash brown, ash brown, caramel
5. Posture: Alert during the night while sloppy and erratic during the day usually.
6. Appearance: She takes care to look sharp and stay fit for her missions. Often times she will also wear disguises to better complete her mission.
7. Defects: She can only eat soft foods that are easy to digest or she'll get very ill. From the experiments, she often times will feel sharp pain when she gets too physical and must take a powerful pain-killer to numb the pain. She also hates to look at bright light and colors because of the sensitivity of her eyes. (You'll usually find her in a dimly lit area... Though she can withstand normal light and such. Just usually chooses not to.)
8. Heredity: From her father she inherited his height and long limbs. From both parents, she received recessive genes giving her a rare blood type.

SOCIOLOGY
1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper): Ajay (aka Saara) was born to the poorest of the social classes in Jerusalem, Israel in the middle of the slums. She lived in a small single room house with family and took up most of the responsibilities and chores. Everyday she'd do her best to find food and try to earn money for her family. It was a hard life, but she was happy with her friends and family...
After certain events Ajay gets adopted by Stone and comes to America. (Here she goes from low class to high class.) Ajay usually keeps herself busy so she rarely has time to spend her money extravagantly. Therefore her fortune just keeps piling up from the jobs that she does. (Stone covers most, if not all of her major expenses without say.) She has also been taught to be a proper high-class lady. However it goes against her personality so she only acts that way when she is around Stone's business associates and such people.
2. Occupation: She has been doing assassin missions since the age of 14 under many different aliases. This work is kept secret from friends and even her family. Only Stone and some of his most trusted men know what she is up to, as she can be gone for a few hours to a few weeks. At age 19 she suddenly wanted to become a writer and has been working rigorously on that trade aside from her missions. She'll even stay up for days to finish on time and go out during the day to meet with editors and publishers! Her organization and cooperation is top notch when she wants to impress someone, otherwise she is pretty lax on a daily basis.
3. Education: She didn't receive any formal education in Israel but learned to adapt very fast. She picked up basic English by talking to foreign soldiers and tourists at age 7. In the US she was able to excel her education at a fast pace and thoroughly enjoyed all subjects.
4. Home Life: Her mother raised her to be independent and responsible. While her father's recklessness only made her become stronger, wiser and dangerous. She carries these traits with her to this day. Her relationship with Stone however is complicated. Ajay loathes him for what he makes her do, but she admires him and depends on him.
She has her own apartment but only goes there to get away from distractions or to focus on her writing. No one but Joel knows where the apartment is located. (It's not in V.C.) Ajay is single and not looking for any partners. Even though two years have gone by, she still remembers everything about her first. She always seems to have an abundance of admirers, new and old, from both genders. Though she doesn't think any of it, other than it's an annoyance.
In V.C. she stays in a hotel (which is entirely rented out only to her) in a luxury room on the top floor. This hotel will also serve as the main base for Rogue Trust (when it gets started) and for letting guests and friends stay at.
5. Race: Human
6. Religion and/or Nationality: Born Jewish in the country of Israel but she converted to Christianity for Stone's sake. Although Ajay isn't overly religious.
7. Place in Community: Generally dislikes interacting with new people unless she has a reason to. Otherwise she is only friendly and approachable with a small circle of friends/associates. Also happens to be very good at dealing with children.
8. Political affiliations: Doesn't like to get involved in politics and will usually take a middle ground.
9. Amusements/Hobbies: She's attracted to random odd objects, likes to read/study when the mood hits, usually likes to cook her own food, also likes to sing and dance with Irie and especially enjoys taking naps.
10. Time Period/Era: She's a modern girl who is very independent and confident with her skills.

PSYCHOLOGY
1. Moral Standards: Her sense of moral standards fluctuate with her environment. Though she doesn't lack human compassion, common sense, sympathy and love.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Ajay comes to Void to seek revenge on someone though she keeps this a secret from others. Publicly, she is working as a fledgling writer and will soon be handling most if not all of the paper work and business aspects of Rogue Trust. XD
3. Frustrations: Dealing with other people, the sunlight, her past, her work, the people who chase after her and her body.
4. Temperament: Generally pessimistic (in a relaxed manner) but easy going. Doesn't care if you say bad things about her or spread false rumors. However she'll get abusive if you offend her family and people she cares about. Also depends on the time of day... In the evening/night she is more likely to go out and try new things, during the daylight hours she is more focused and analytical.
5. Attitude toward Life: She believes that some people must be eliminated in order to preserve peace, evil people exist to make others see the good, and everyone has a purpose.
6. Complexes: Besides being a night person, she restrains herself from letting people know too much about her past and persona. Avoids the sunlight whenever possible. Gets a bit too loose and wild when she's drunk. Also has a habit of keeping her problems to herself, so she's not likely to share or vent with/to anyone.
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? She is ambivert and will go either way depending on the situation. For example, she is very extroverted when with her family and select few people she trusts but will be introvert when among her peers and strangers.
8. Abilities: Ajay can fluently speak in Arabic, English, French, Spanish, German and Chinese. Her talents include acting (for missions when she goes into disguise), singing (although she won't admit it), the ability to charm others, and quick wits. Fighting wise, she can see in the dark perfectly, fights gracefully usually preferring to attack with her legs, or if weapons are involved she will use a knife or anything sharp. She is more suited for infiltration/sneak-attacks rather than full hand to hand combat.
9. Qualities: Ajay is a very earthly realist person and will do whatever needs to be done. Her judgment can be trusted to be unbiased, but she doesn't always know the right from wrong. Her imagination is formed by her experiences, which are pretty wild. She can also adjust to new environments rather fast.
10. IQ: If she ever bothered to take an IQ test it'd probably be around 180+.
11. Time Period/Era: Somewhere in the near up coming future.

Man, give yourself a pat on the back if you even bothered to read all that!
=Updated some things=
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007, 11:09 PM by Chia »

« Reply #46 on: Aug 24, 2006, 02:08 AM »
this is pretty helpful.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2006, 12:35 PM by Sanagi »

Re: Creating a Tridimensional Character
« Reply #47 on: Sep 03, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Check the most recent post to see the new version
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2006, 12:53 AM by Genos »
And that, my liege, is how we now know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

« Reply #48 on: Sep 06, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I've done something similar to this for Drama class in high school (the only arts credit I could get without buying an instrument, bollocks), but it was just 9 questions about the character that you had to fill out. Each question had to be answered in such a detailed manner, however, it was actually longer than this is.

I'm in the development stages of writing what I hope will be a series of books right now. I aim to be the next Tolkein. So this is something I'm going to end up doing for several characters. Somewhere in the ball park of 15-20 characters, to be exact.

Just to see if I'm doing this right, I want to post PART (physiology) of my lead protagonist's profile. I've broken it up a bit more so that it's more clear.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Sex/Gender:  Male

Height:  5’ 9”

Weight:  160 lbs

Hair:  Dark Russet, messy but smooth, curls at tips, has no natural parting.

Eyes:  Malachite, vivid yet cold looking.

Skin:  Lightly tanned, little blemishing.

Posture:  Varies with the setting and his mood. Typically half-slouched.

Appearance:  Stoic unless approached, athletic build, attractive frame. Has an intense, confident visage while working.

Defects:  Whip scars on his back from childhood. No tolerance for cold weather.

Heredity:  Spellcrafting (mother), 20/15 vision, passive telepathy

And the rest I'm keeping secret because this is not VOID related and may end up published.

I hope.

« Reply #49 on: Sep 07, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Ayumi Hondo

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender - Feeeemale

2. Age - 22

3. Height/Weight - 5'2'' 110 lb. (about 10 lb. belongs to the artificial leg)

4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin - Bleached white hair, brown/black eyes, pale skin (usually sleeps in all day)

5. Posture - Upright

6. Appearance - Ayumi is very good looking, but she is also underweight, and a heavy smoker. Her face is heart shaped and she is very slim limbed.  She showers regularly, but her home is usually a mess of dirty clothes, condom wrappers and cigarettes. Her boyfriend is also fond of random sometimes public "acts", so this reflects on her image a bit (hair a bit messy, clothes are rarely neat).

7. Defects - She lost her leg in a fight with a stupid vampire, so she had it replaced with a fully functional mechanical limb. May be an alcoholic.

8. Heredity - Her good looks and cooking skills from her mom. Her nose, danger lust, thug mentality and love of weapons from her father.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class - Technically upper because of the small personal fortune she has earned in addition to James unlimited expense accounts. Prefers to live in lower class developments. Rents one of the worst apartments in one the worst locations you could possibly find, and also refuses to own a vehicle. She can be frivolous with her spending when it comes to purchasing clothes, shoes, weapons, booze and cigarettes.

2. Occupation - She doesn't work very often, but her job entails killing and maiming people for cash. She appears to be a very high dollar mercenary, but she'll take cheap jobs if it sounds like fun. A member of the Red Light Corp. When the RLC was in power she found no need to take on additional jobs. Her only concern was watching James' back.

Ayumi would never work a normal job. She hates organizations, and really hates yuppies. She finds nothing wrong with sabotaging businesses and vandalizing yuppie neighborhoods. After one of her favorite coffee houses (Sludge Water) was taken down and replaced with an Urban Gothic, Ayumi torched it to the ground. She strives to scare away yuppies, their emo kids and city investors. Wants the streets to remain dirty. 

3. Education - High School education. Found school to be extremely boring. Never did homework, but always aced her tests. Barely passed.

4. Home Life - Ayumi's father acts as your average caring father, despite his occupation and the fact that he is responsible for teaching Ayumi how to kill and maim with professional precision. He absolutely hates her boyfriend and would never lay a hand on Ayumi in malice. Her mother is a shell of a woman who has never interacted with Ayumi. She was an actress and model before she married Ayumi's father, but after she had Ayumi she became a ghost of a person. Ayumi doesn't consider her mother to be living. Just a robot that cooks and lives in front of a mirror. 

As she grew up, Ayumi was exposed to the dredges of society. More so at an early age, since her father was climbing the violent occupational ladder then. She grew up secretly obsessing to be like her father. In her teens, she started taking grunt jobs for local crime lords, committing minor larceny, vandalism, delivering messages etc. Her father caught her while she was involved in a heist with a group of other young thugs, but instead of reprimanding her he began teaching her how to fight.

Ayumi didn't have many friends growing up. In her elementary years, it was because of her father's reputation that nobody wanted to associate with her. Later on around middle school she developed into her mother's looks, and schoolmates sought her out. Despite this newfound attention she preferred to pretend that her schoolmates didn't exist. They were unimportant to her, and didn't deserve her attention. Her friends were the magazines about Void City and its inhabitants. She developed an unhealthy obsession with James Warsaw and the RLC (Red Light Corp) in her later teens. For example, in an interview James Warsaw mentions that he has a preference for blondes, so Ayumi began bleaching her hair on a regular basis. Leaving the Big East for Void City became her primary goal in life, and she achieved it at 18. 

5. Race - AZIAAAN

6. Religion and/or Nationality - Agnostic and a citizen from the Big East, but she feels that VC is her true home

7. Place in Community - Growing up she had no place in the community because of her thug father. She is a member of the RLC, but is uninterested in being a leader

8. Political affiliations - RLC at the moment

9. Amusements/Hobbies - Bar hopping, sex, fighting, caffeine houses. Loves watching non-fiction and historical documentaries, and the space marine channel.

10. Time Period/Era - Modern ???

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards - Fairly loose. She is faithful to her guy, but she'll let somebody shoot up in her home, she has sex in public etc

2. Personal Premise/Ambition - Currently wants to be thought of as a badass.

3. Frustrations - People who make it their goal in life to try to change VC for the "better". Vigilantes (she has a special place in her heart for dan though =P). Hates most people with old fashioned mindsets (Jack is one of her best friends).

4. Temperament - The lack of interaction with other other people growing up has left her with a few social problems. She isn't easygoing, and can be very emotionally erratic. She is honest to a fault, and as a result tends to be amazingly harsh without realizing it. Has zero faith in the majority of people, but is extremely faithful to the very few people she trusts. Willing to die and kill for the ones she loves. Ayumi is also a terrible liar.

5. Attitude toward Life - Limited in her scope of the future. Lives in the now. When she has a goal it becomes her life.

6. Complexes - She hates when people leave sponges in the sink without rinsing them, and she also despises gerbils, yuppies, kids and vampires. She has a deep seeded hate towards most women, which would probably be because of her mother.

7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert? Ayumi is an extrovert. She enjoys attracting attention, both negative and positive. Finds provoking people to be a fun game.

8. Abilities (languages, talents) - Speaks Japanese. The only people she can't drink under the table are Sleeman Bragg and James. Sharp memory although the alcohol may be starting to impair it. Light on her feet. Very agile unless she's drunk, but she learned at an early age to keep strong company while drinking.

9. Qualities - Very good judgment. Above average at analyzing and predicting patterns. Generally good at reading people's intentions. 

10. IQ - 127

11. Time Period/Era - Futuristic I guess? She hates any system that restricts an individual's freedoms be it sexual preference, race, drugs etc.

updateeddd
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2006, 09:06 AM by Shortfury »
Gotta update my site!! for now ---> http://shortfury.deviantart.com

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

287 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 310.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us