Creating a Tridimensional Character

« on: Jul 08, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Well, I couldn't help but notice that the VCU section has been inactive since its conception, so I thought I'd drop a lesson plan for a basic Writing assignment. This assignment came from Kura's college Conceptual Storytelling class that he was kind enough to lend me (for myself, and this project).

It's called "Creating a Tridimensional Character" from The Art of Dramatic Writing by Lajos Egri. It's a fill-out form, which arguably isn't a very good way to write a character, but it's easy to understand and prompts things about a character that a beginning writer wouldn't even consider for their story (and the more content you have on your hands, the better).

I'll release this form for people to fill out their VOID characters tridimensionally, but ideally I want students in this course to be writing their own stories outside the VOID realm. That being said, which should come first, creating characters or creating a plot premise? Personally, I feel it is important for writers to first understand how CHARACTERS drive stories as opposed to leaving their story's fate in the hands of its plot, but either one is just as important as a starting point.

In any case, here's the form below for when we decide to launch this lesson:

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender
2. Age
3. Height/Weight
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin
5. Posture
6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs)
7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases)
8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family)

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper)
2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work)
3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes)
4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status)
5. Race
6. Religion and/or Nationality
7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports)
8. Political affiliations.
9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.)
10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character)

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards
2. Personal Premise/Ambition
3. Frustrations
4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.)
5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.)
6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.)
7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert?
8. Abilities (languages, talents)
9. Qualities (imagination, judgement, taste, poise)
10. IQ
11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character)

EDITO
Because there's been a LOT of questions raised to the 'Time Period/Era' slots, I've included an expanded definition of the terms below, as seen posted on page 4:

Time Period/Era in SOCIOLOGY refers to how the society your character is in has ANY effect on how they stand in society. Granted, every character in this thread will default to '21st Century America', you can use this space to describe HOW being in 21st century America affects who they are in society. A good example is that if you are a furry, being in Void City means you're outcasted and scorned; if your character exists in 19th century Texas, there's a good chance he won't be all honkey-dorey with everyone around him if he was black.

Suggestions: Think about the current state of Void City. Think about how the environment and the society itself affects how he/she gets by in the environment.

Time Period/Era in PSYCHOLOGY refers to how the current society affects your character's way of thinking. Again, given the Void City scenario, we default automatically to '21st century America', which can be interpreted openly, allowing one to easily glance over it and slap down anything they want. But the trick is to think deeper than that; think about what goes ON in 21st century America that could change your character's point of view; political propaganda, pop culture and media, etc.. Again, in the case of Void City, there's the Cullmination; where does your character stand on that issue? Are you like Romero, who -like the rest of the police and populace- despise the furries and wish their demise? Or are you perhaps like Draco, who sympathizes with the furries and helps them? Or perhaps you ARE a furry, and the city makes you bitter and vengeful towards humans.

Suggestions: REALLY think about what your character faces every day in his life in the society around him. You may not think it, but the environment and society that you live in can be a HUGE influence in the way you think. Just think about how many factors in society could change or alter your opinion.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2006, 08:55 PM by Zato-2TWO »

« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Just looking at that makes me wanna full them out.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Up in Zato's first post he's talking about a few things that won't make sense to you because they haven't launched yet.  Just know that we're working on some things behind the scenes and that we'll launch when ready.

For now, Zato offers you a form to consider (and hopefully fill out) when creating a character.... which the vast majority of you are probably doing.  It's an exercise in writing, and I think that's something we can all use from time-to-time.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Well, I suppose I'll break the ice then. I've done some stuff similar to this for other characters, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to give Pye another go at it.

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender
Male

2. Age
27 years on Earth, 42 biologically because of the whold going-to-Hell thing

3. Height/Weight
~2'6", ~50 lbs.

Bald, dark brown, pale

5. Posture
Stooped, usually hunched over at least a little

6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs)
Generally rather neat and clean about his appearance, bags under his eyes, well-dressed, disproportionally large head

Dwarfism

Dwarfism, beady eyes, large nose

SOCIOLOGY

Upper Class

2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work)
Freelance mercenary work and terrorism, 60-70 hours a week, generally a couple hundred thousand dollars per hit/job (depends on type and difficulty), hazardous conditions for normal humans, self-employed (independent contractor), prefers to deal directly with clients, perfectly suitable for his work

3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes)
Public education through high school, community college, BS in Public Health at a State University, Medical Degree incomplete at UCLA Medical School, consistently within the top one percent of his class (if not the top of his class), favorite subject was history, poorest subject was ethics, high scores on all standardized and apititude tests

4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status)
Parents are unknown, he was found and brought to an orphanage soon after birth, maintained his position above the other children there through fear and manipulation of his peers and keeping a "model" relationship with the elderly couple that ran the orphange, was engaged at one time in medical school, but the relationship ended when he gave up his life to pursue necromancy

5. Race
Caucasian

Pagan Death worshipper (formerly Jewish), American

"Go-to" guy for odd jobs and under the table work

8. Political affiliations
Numerous favors owed to him from political figures, well-networked in the Capitol, politically apathetic attitude

Experimentation of new methods and applications of necromancy and related magicks, his work, keeps up to date with various news periodicals, chess and other games of strategy

Modern industrialized present, he was one of the key factors in maintaining the division between the upper and lower class

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards
None, if the price is right

To prove his worth, Napoleonic complex

3. Frustrations
Everything that he can't control

Easily frustrated, generally bitter and cynical, jaded

Self-centered, egotistic, persistent

Napoleon complex (inferiority complex), mild Obsessive-compulsive tendencies for cleanliness

Natural introvert, can deal with people from a superior position or one-on-one basis

Necromancy (any and all forms), speaks both Latin and Archaic Demon Tongues, undead body

Strategy, attention to detail, thoroughness, sophistication of language, communication skills, strong work ethic

10. IQ
250+

11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character)
Modern suburbanized, widespread social apathy and indulgence allowed him to gain such a foothold where-ever he took root.

How's that?

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Oh hey, it's alive. :huh:

So um, hello everyone. I pitched this off for a VCU writing assignment, but I guess it can go here too. The incentive here is for you to discover your character through and through, to understand what makes them who they are so you can properly write them to live within your world. It's a small step in understanding how to manipulate a story driven by characters, but I intend to get into those kinda lessons later.

I'll be reading over entries and nitpicking things that may seem off or confusing, but don't be discouraged! All this means is that you need more detail in your character, and if you really understand who your character is, covering up those holes won't be a problem! Also, if anyone else has questions to ask about characters, please ask away!

I only have ONE small criteria for this 'assignment', and that is that NO ENTRY WHATSOEVER SHOULD INCLUDE "UNKNOWN" OR "NOT AVAILABLE", because you're the writer and you should know everything about your character! Sometimes you might think it's classy to keep some tidbits of a character undisclosed, but if you don't even know parts of your character, no one will.

So I encourage everyone to do one of these at least once. It's a fun assignment and it teaches you things about your character that you may not even have known!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2006, 12:25 AM »
CHOPPING BLOCK TIME. :whip:

Critique of DR. PYE (by Pi)
Right off that bat....what's the Doc's full name? :huh:

Parents are unknown[/i][/color], he was found and brought to an orphanage soon after birth, maintained his position above the other children there through fear and manipulation of his peers and keeping a "model" relationship with the elderly couple that ran the orphange, was engaged at one time in medical school, but the relationship ended when he gave up his life to pursue necromancy

No unknowns! Well, I guess it's a bit unfair to say this after I've listed that criteria, but it's something to think about nonetheless. Who were Dr. Pye's parents, what kind of people where they and what happened to them? What did they pass down to their child aside from obvious physical traits?

1. Moral Standards
None[/i][/color], if the price is right

Again, another 'none' entry, but I only question this out of logic. A character as intelligent as Dr. Pye has to have SOME sort of moral guidelines, otherwise he's just chaotic. Given his VAST intelligence, he's got to have SOME method, or just a way he goes about things. There's no such thing as a character who submits himself entirely to money, because as human beings we have our dislikes (well, even if the Doctor isn't as human as he should be, he's a human by all other aspects).

10. IQ
250+

My writing teacher brought this up in a class I had just tonight; super-high intelligence is INCREDIBLEY risky to put down. By normal human standards, anything above 120 is considered absolutely genius, because truth be told, not many people even hit 100. Now this isn't ENTIRELY unsalvagable, because the only way someone can be this intelligent is if it's balanced out with eccentricities, which undoubtedly Dr. Pye has SHIPLOADS of. However, we're dealing with a character who can raise the dead, and oftentimes such knowledge does a number on one's psychological and/or emotional balance (the fact that he's got the hots for Lady Death herself kinda manifests this). In the end, it's a comic book world and you're bound to find comic book epic measures, but for more general purposes, you'll want to watch out how you slap down IQ numbers.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2006, 12:25 AM by Zato-2TWO »

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2006, 01:54 AM »
how about you do one of these too, zato?
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2006, 09:43 AM »
because he and i already did it.  Copy paste time:
(note, appearance describes before the design rehaul)

Character: Veronica K. Nightingale

Physiology

Sex: Female
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 134 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde (Dyed black)
Eyes: gold
Skin: normal complexion
Posture: Prim and proper
Appearance: Wears a blue blazer (that shows a slight hint of cleavage) with gold trimmings on the collar, pointed cuffs, and a long blue dress.  On her belt is the distinctive M&J corporation emblem.  She wears a gold necklace with a sapphire gem in the center.  Her hair is clean and well managed, and she wears a hairclip with a ribbon tied to it above the left side of her forehead.  
Defects:  there’s an embarrassing scar on her lower back that she hides.
Heredity: her golden eyes were passed down by her mother

Sociology

Class: REALLY High class
Occupation: M&J Corporation Head Executive of Research and Development
Education:  Home schooled.  Mastering subjects in economics and business practice, as well as some martial arts training.
Home life: She’s often away on business, so she rarely ever goes back to her manor.  
Race: Human
Religion: Assumingly Catholic, but is not really apparent
Place in community: A woman of class and elegance amongst a city rampart with violence and gag warfare.
Political Affiliations:  Currently, she’s running for mayor in Void City
Amusements:  Drinking tea in a quiet café and bathing. It’s the only relaxing things she can do in her busy life.
Time Period: Near future.  The accusations of giant robotic insects attacking people are placing her mayorship plans in jeopardy.

Psychology

Moral Standards:  As long as her reputation is intact
Personal Premise: “In a world full of foolish men, it’s a woman’s job to take command and set everything in its place.
Ambition: To succeed the company and end the dark business practices.
Frustration: “Women nowadays just dress in skimpy little outfits just to impress men.  It’s quite disturbing.”
Temperament: Calm, collected, calculating, elegant
Attitude towards life: “The greatest glory god has ever given to women is elegance”
Complexes: She dislikes her stepfather and stepsister to whom which she believes are the killers of her mother.
Introverted
Abilities: Veronica's weapon of choice is the fan, and cannot fight without one.  She emphasizes elegance, and therefore all he attacks resemble some sort of dance.  Because she wears a long dress and high heels, her movement is SEVERELY restricted and cannot perform drastic actions such as running, climbing, kicking, or anything of the sort.
Qualities: She has a taste for men with gentlemanly qualities as well as good looks.  She has a tendency to become enamored with “pretty boy” types younger than her.
IQ: 110
Time Period: in Void City, everyone has the mindset of a dog-eat-dog gang war community, where fighting is the way to gain your power.  Veronica believes in a more political way to rise to power.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2006, 10:44 AM »
It's always fun to do these kinds of things, don't know why though. Here's Tsumi Watenabe.

Tsumi Watenabe

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender: Female
2. Age: 21
3. Height/Weight: 7’2” 397 lbs.
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: black always dyed Blue / Blue / Asian
5. Posture: Straight, but lacking manners
6. Appearance: A near terrifyingly large muscled woman, but she speaks with a surprising childish naiveté. Wears a few variations of workout clothes with basic everyday wear, her most common is a brown jacket with blue jeans and a tight red workout suit underneath. But is always seen with her green headband. Even when dressed formally.
7. Defects: without her muscles to support her skeleton, Tsumi would likely bend over at the middle and her back would snap.
8. Heredity: Watenabe women always seem to have long bangs (her hair); otherwise she’s a near physical oddity to her parents genes.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class Upper class, though it’s thanks to her sister she’s there.
2. Occupation: Currently living off her sister as a bodyguard, she was once a security guard and cop in training.
3. Education: B- average in high school. Participated in many sports but did not continue to play after school, loved gym class.
4. Home Life: Parents alive and in New York, father running a small business. Parents treated her nice, though partially because they were scared of her strength a bit. Tsumi has no romantic relationships, and has had none.
5. Race: Human, just a freakishly large one.
6. Nationality: Japanese
7. Place in Community: Overprotective older sister.
8. Political affiliations: Politics is a boring show on TV, Tsumi watches cartoons instead. (i.e. no real care for politics)
9. Amusements/Hobbies: Watching cartoons, lifting weights, watching cartoons while lifting weights.
10. Time Period/Era: the present. (Which in void seems to be slightly futuristic)

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: very high, a good person and a law abiding one and expects others to be the same.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: to simply be there for her sister.
3. Frustrations: when Sasami treats her like dirt for trying to help or when anyone tries to mess with Sasami.
4. Temperament: commonly glad and accepting of others, though she flies into a near uncontrollable rage when her sister is threatened.
5. Attitude toward Life: “you are supposed to always follow the rules and be a good person, right sis?”
6. Complexes : Tsumi never believes she’s strong enough, and will continue to train as much as she can
7. Extrovert (I think)
8. Abilities: Language: English and Japanese, Talents: Very strong, not super strong. If it’s in the limits a normal human can achieve. Tsumi can probably do it. (See the guys on ESPN who can pull a 747 across a runway.) but not like superman lift a train off the tracks and throw it a mile away type thing. Technically has training in martial arts and wrestling but rarely makes use of them without being asked to.
9. Qualities: Tsumi is very honest, albeit a bit stupid, and tries her best to make sure she and everyone around her does not do anything illegal or mean.
10. IQ: 78

« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Ah, well at least it's a break of trying to decide a proper final look for Leon and reviewing of the story overall. I'll give him a spin with this.

Physiology
Height/Wieght: 5'9" / 160lbs. (seems to weight more than he should due to the artificial stuff)
Hair/eyes/skin: Dark red / Golden (artificial) / light skin tone
Posture: Straight and well balanced (artificial spine)
Appearance: Dresses casually. His hair seems unruly. Has mechanical hands and arms.
Defects: Every artificial thing in his body. Eyes, arms, spine, ect.
Heredity: Red hair is a family trait.

Sociology:
Social class: Low. High prior to disowning.
Education: Home schooled. Well versed in first aids and paramedics. Good knowledge on business handling.
Home life: Disowned two years ago. Recently left home city in order to evade further trouble.
Race: Human
Religion: Presumed catholic.
Place in community: Black sheep of a high class family.
Political affiliations: None in VOID. He is still too new to the city to know much about it's politics.
Amusements/hobbies: Drinking. Long nights out and general playboy-ism prior to accident.
Time period: Modern, semi-futuristic. (seens as VOID stands somewhere along those lines)

Psychology:
Moral standards: Based on loyalties. Will stand next to them wether it's right or wrong.
Ambition: Personal gains. To regain what he has lost.
Frustration: Being rejected by his family.
Temperament: Somewhat cocky.
Attitude towards life: "I refuse this life given to me. I will forge my own."
Complexes: Feels "unhuman" due to artificial parts in his body.
Ambivert
Abilities: Can generate shields with his altered arms. Also has enhanced upper body strength. Slightly better eyesight than most.
Qualities: Determined and loyal.
IQ: 105
Time period: (Not quite sure how to answer this one. It is very confusing to me.)

« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2006, 10:58 PM »
Jira Katsuragi

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender: Male
2. Age: 20
3. Height/Weight: 5' 11"/165 lb
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: Light Brown/ Black w brown irises/ Light tan
5. Posture: Often staight when in public, slouched when alone
6. Appearance: Handsome,Smaller frame with a good amount of muscle.Well Proportioned all over.
7. Defects : A large scar on his face (across the bridge of his nose.)
8. Heredity: The black eyeballs are from his father, and his irises are his mothers.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class : Was very lower for a time before he was put into his military squad.
2. Occupation : A cook/cashier/waiter for Mals diner. He isnt in a union. He doesnt mind the work, but is mostly there to pay off debt to Mal for letting him live there, and training him.)
3. Education: Extensive, mostly military and survival. His favorite and best subject was stealth training, as well as sword training(however he was not fully trained in the sword.) Also learned a good bit of other "normal" subjects, but he didnt pay much attention to those.
4. Home Life: Was alone on the streets from age 6 and up. Cant remember anything before that. He stole for food to feed him and several smaller children he cared for. After being accepted to N.I.N.J.A, he was raised in a militaristic area, but kept his individualism and his moral sense.
5. Race: Multi-racial
6. Religion: Atheistic
7. Place in Community: The boy scout/loner/ and lover boy
8. Political affiliations: Really doesnt care too much.
9. Amusements/Hobbies: Lost most interests since Nina's death, but he enjoys movies, swordplay, and playing the guitar.
10. Time Period/Era: Modern era, mostly used to the democratics of the US.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: He values life very highly. Especially after losing the one closest to him. He may seem standoffish, and aloof, but he is a hero at heart.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: To find the killer of Nina, and bring them to justice.
3. Frustrations: The fact that he is weaker than alot of his friends or enemies. ( ie- Mooo and Mize)
4. Temperament: Easy-going, often depressed and sad.
5. Attitude toward Life: Passive
6. Complexes: Obsessions: finding nina's killer, and getting stronger. Fears :Not getting that answer.
7. Introvert- mostly, talks as little as possible, unless he is angered or curious
8. Abilities: Exceedingly stealthy, can speak many languages but mostly uses english and german.
9. Qualities: Has good judment, and is patient, as well as calculating.
10. IQ: Above average, below genious
11. Time Period/Era:(uhhhh drawing a blank :I)

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Yeah, I've done a few of these, so I can't ever keep straight which ones ask which. I do have some of those answered though.

CHOPPING BLOCK TIME. :whip:

Critique of DR. PYE (by Pi)
Right off that bat....what's the Doc's full name? :huh:
Peter Piedmont. He earned the nickname "Pye" in medical school due to an incident of a teacher grossly mispronouncing his name (it's Pede-mont). His name (along with his birth information) was found along with him at the orphanage. It is his mother's maiden name, who's ancestry is primarily French, with a good dose of Hebrew.

Parents are unknown[/i][/color], he was found and brought to an orphanage soon after birth, maintained his position above the other children there through fear and manipulation of his peers and keeping a "model" relationship with the elderly couple that ran the orphange, was engaged at one time in medical school, but the relationship ended when he gave up his life to pursue necromancy

No unknowns! Well, I guess it's a bit unfair to say this after I've listed that criteria, but it's something to think about nonetheless. Who were Dr. Pye's parents, what kind of people where they and what happened to them? What did they pass down to their child aside from obvious physical traits?
This one I hadn't really thought about, I'd always considered them excess baggage since Pye never knew them. After doing some thinking, here's what I came up with:

Pye's father was one of the leading research scientists at a powerful genetics corporation, GR-tech. He was afflicted with dwarfism, but had learned to cope and accept his condition over the years. He had an affair with a married co-worker of his, and when she became pregnant, he tried to convince her to leave her husband for him. When she refused, he left the company and went underground, should she file for child support or something of that nature. His mother was a brilliant scientist, but young and naive. When she went to her husband and told him the truth, he divorced her and left her with nothing but the unborn child. With no money, no job (the firm fired her soon after learning of the situation, hoping to suppress any scandal), and no place to live, she went back home to Los Angeles, and lived with her elderly mother. After giving birth at a local hospital, she took the child and his information and left him on the doorstep of the only orphange in town. After that she continued to live with and care for her mother until the old lady passed away, then picked up and left in search of Pye's father, hoping to reconcile with him and return for her son when all had settled. This occured when Pye was just shy of three years old, and she has not been successful yet. Pye inherited much from his parents regardless, including his mother's persistent willpower and his father's fear of failure and rejection. Also, as both his parents were world-class scientists, he's inherited a naturally high learning ability, doubled with his strong work ethic.

1. Moral Standards
None[/i][/color], if the price is right

Again, another 'none' entry, but I only question this out of logic. A character as intelligent as Dr. Pye has to have SOME sort of moral guidelines, otherwise he's just chaotic. Given his VAST intelligence, he's got to have SOME method, or just a way he goes about things. There's no such thing as a character who submits himself entirely to money, because as human beings we have our dislikes (well, even if the Doctor isn't as human as he should be, he's a human by all other aspects).
His primary methodology involves pulling strings and favors, getting as much done through other people as possible, through blackmail or coercion if necessary. He will gladly backstab and betray when it suits his purposes, and maintains control of his contacts with much bullying and overhead. I suppose if he has any moral standards, it would be that he keeps promises, and that if he makes a deal, he will honor it as far as the contract goes. He wouldn't have a great deal of business if people did not recieve the results they paid for, whether or not they specified how long they wished to see the results last.

10. IQ
250+

My writing teacher brought this up in a class I had just tonight; super-high intelligence is INCREDIBLEY risky to put down. By normal human standards, anything above 120 is considered absolutely genius, because truth be told, not many people even hit 100. Now this isn't ENTIRELY unsalvagable, because the only way someone can be this intelligent is if it's balanced out with eccentricities, which undoubtedly Dr. Pye has SHIPLOADS of. However, we're dealing with a character who can raise the dead, and oftentimes such knowledge does a number on one's psychological and/or emotional balance (the fact that he's got the hots for Lady Death herself kinda manifests this). In the end, it's a comic book world and you're bound to find comic book epic measures, but for more general purposes, you'll want to watch out how you slap down IQ numbers.
I'll keep this in mind, although I picked out such a high number on purpose. He is full of eccentricities, and is more than a little crazy, especially due to his undead state.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2006, 01:08 PM by (Pi) »

« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Critique of Tsumi Watenabe (by otakutaylor)

PHYSIOLOGY

This is an incredibly small detail, but I thought Asians can't get natural blue eyes?

7. Defects: without her muscles to support her skeleton, Tsumi would likely bend over at the middle and her back would snap.

Something seems off here. I'm no biology expert, but don't you need strong bones to support large muscles? It doesn't at all make sense that her own skeleton can't support her muscles, and makes even less sense that in the process of building her physique, that her bones received no benefits.

4. Home Life: Parents alive and in New York, father running a small business. Parents treated her nice, though partially because they were scared of her strength a bit.

How did Tsumi feel about her parents? Was she aware that they were afraid of her? How did her parents influence how she is today?

That seems to apply only to Sasami, as it were. 'Place in community' should refer to how a person stands amongst the masses. Is she a leader? A follower? A trailblazer? A hermit?

3. Frustrations: when Sasami treats her like dirt for trying to help or when anyone tries to mess with Sasami.
4. Temperament: commonly glad and accepting of others, though she flies into a near uncontrollable rage when her sister is threatened.
5. Attitude toward Life: “you are supposed to always follow the rules and be a good person, right sis?”

Something seems unnatural about Tsumi's devotion to her sister. Granted, it's fine to care about someone over yourself, but this gives me the impression that Tsumi doesn't have much of a good impression of herself. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine premise to work on, it's just something seems really off...

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Critique of Leon (by Reef)

Psychology:
Moral standards: Based on loyalties. Will stand next to them wether it's right or wrong.

The description's a bit vague, but from this can I assume this man is bound by oath and service? It's not a bad thing at all, but it seems like he has no morals of his own when you put it this way.

Time period: (Not quite sure how to answer this one. It is very confusing to me.)

I probably should elaborate on this one more. Time Period Psychology refers to how the times affect the way people think and act. People in the 16th century won't think the same way people think now, and people 50 years from now won't think the same way we do now. I guess it's a bit hard to pinpoint in Void City's pseudo-modernistic setting, but sometimes it can be useful in finding what makes a character different (or similar) to the society he is in.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006, 05:50 PM by Zato-2TWO »

« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2006, 03:25 PM »
QUOTE (otakutaylor @ Aug 2 2006, 11:44 AM)

PHYSIOLOGY

This is an incredibly small detail, but I thought Asians can't get natural blue eyes?

Tsumi's father is Japanese, her mother is Japanese American, her grandma (passed on) was American (had blue eyes), blue eyes was a recessive gene but somehow Tsumi got it.

Something seems off here. I'm no biology expert, but don't you need strong bones to support large muscles? It doesn't at all make sense that her own skeleton can't support her muscles, and makes even less sense that in the process of building her physique, that her bones received no benefits.

Tsumi is naturally 7'2, but she's not naturally muscle-bound, she exercised herself that way. Originally she needed some amount of muscle tone to support her extended skeleton or she'd hunch over for the rest of her life so she started weight lifting to build muscle mass. She went far past her required muscle mass to keep from hunching over because of personal reasons. If she lost the muscles in her back now her upper body would snap her back.

4. Home Life: Parents alive and in New York, father running a small business. Parents treated her nice, though partially because they were scared of her strength a bit.

How did Tsumi feel about her parents? Was she aware that they were afraid of her? How did her parents influence how she is today?

Tsumi was always a good kid, and her parents were only scared of what she might do if someone aroused her temper which rarely showed even when she was little unless someone threatened her friends or family, so they would be a little overly calm when dealing with her. In addition Sasami was mischievous even before she turned "evil" and Tsumi was told to look after her on many occasions.

That seems to apply only to Sasami, as it were. 'Place in community' should refer to how a person stands amongst the masses. Is she a leader? A follower? A trailblazer? A hermit?

Tsumi is always willing to be a helping hand, will try to correct any mistake, and feels it's her duty to stop people who are being mean or doing illegal things. However, other than protecting her sister, Tsumi rarely takes the initiative to go looking for things to do. I believe follower applies the best.

Something seems unnatural about Tsumi's devotion to her sister. Granted, it's fine to care about someone over yourself, but this gives me the impression that Tsumi doesn't have much of a good impression of herself. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine premise to work on, it's just something seems really off...

Tsumi blames herself for what happened to Sasami when they were little.  Already the older sister who was supposed to watch her, Tsumi turned her life mission to be a guardian for her sister and she often only thinks she's done any good with her life when Sasami is taken out of harms way. Unfortunately Tsumi's not smart enough to realize when it's Sasami putting them into harms way.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Tsumi's father is Japanese, her mother is Japanese American, her grandma (passed on) was American (had blue eyes), blue eyes was a recessive gene but somehow Tsumi got it.

You should mention that in the Nationality section, then. =P

Tsumi is naturally 7'2, but she's not naturally muscle-bound, she exercised herself that way. Originally she needed some amount of muscle tone to support her extended skeleton or she'd hunch over for the rest of her life so she started weight lifting to build muscle mass. She went far past her required muscle mass to keep from hunching over because of personal reasons. If she lost the muscles in her back now her upper body would snap her back.

Mmm...okay I'll buy that.

« Reply #16 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:25 PM »
This is my first time doing something like this... and I instantly could see how this can really help you seriously think and flesh out your character. So, thanks : ).

-----
William (only responds to Liam) Fitzpatrick.

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender:
female

2. Age:
Eight-teen

3. Height/Weight:
5'4'', 110 pounds.

4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin:
Hair is primarily red with two cream streaks, green eyes, fair complexion (with freckles).

5. Posture:
Straight and confident.

6. Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs):
Appearance wise she's an average Jane; within healthy weight range for her height; tidy; and somewhat long limbed.

7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases):
Synesthesia (which allows her to taste sounds and smell colors), situs inversus, and suffers from the effects of  the Reactive Attachment Disorder she had when she was a child (kept her from devolping a proper conscious). Abnormal formation of freckles on her stomach and abnormal pupils. Three bullets wounds around her "heart" and stigmata resembling wounds. Near-sighted.

8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family):
Freckles, fair skin, and red hair from both sides.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper):
Originally from the lower class but has risen to the upper class.

2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work):
High ranking employee in the Irish Mob branch of Mafia Inc., preforms tasks from loan sharking to mass murder, doing whatever is required; at least fourteen hours a day, seven days a week. Usually pulls in a couple hundred thousand a day/week. Only relaxes when her Boss orders her too.

It's been the only thing she's known since she was ten and can't imagine life without it; very suitable for her job.

3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes):
Home-schooled by her father for the first five years on her life, three years passed without formal education before she was taken in by an Irish toy maker who taught her about survival. At the age of ten she was picked up by the corporation and was sent to their experimental training school where she was one of the only few who passed it. Excelled in survival course and mathematics; lacked in social intercourse and languages.

4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status):
Her father was next in line to be boss of the Fitzpatrick branch, but declined the offer (entrusting it into the hands of a “good friend”) and fled back to Ireland with his wife with dreams to lead a “normal” life and start a family. After fleeing he became a teacher and to try to give his family a decent living he put in extra hours and overtime whenever he could, meaning that he was away from his family for most of the time and left his wife and Liam alone. Her mother was a nurse when she met her father, but at Ireland became a stay at home mom to take care of Liam. Although she was never formally diagnosed, she suffered from Chronic Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome which caused her to abuse Liam to receive attention. When Liam was five her father finally caught her mother in the act and when he threatened to take Liam and leave she ended up killing him. Three years later when her mother tried forcing Liam to perform in a cult ritual; Liam ended up killing her and everyone else involved. After that she was taken in by The Irish Toy Maker and stayed with him until he was murdered and was then taken in by Mafia Inc.

She suffered many trials and tribulation in the name of trying to bring honor back to her father's name, and in her eight years of working at the Fitzpatrick branch she has managed to raise up in the ranks dramatically and it is rumored that she may soon take it over.  

Liam is currently in a open “relationship” with her off-and-on lady friend Laura.

5. Race:
Irish/Scottish/and French.

6. Religion and/or Nationality:
Formally Catholic, but has forsaken that religion and remains Nonreligious

7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports):
Highest ranking employee next to their Tiarna (Boss). Is often referred to as the “Mini- Boss” and takes on some of the same responsibilities. So I guess that would mean she's more of a leader figure in her community.

8. Political affiliations:
They greatly influence the direction of politics and have many friends.

9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.):
Liam loves to read and is often found with her nose inside of them. It is rumored that she even brings them along on her assignments (seeing as some of them are speckled with blood). She is prone to reading almost everything besides romance novels; she detests romances.

10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character):
Present time in which the Mafia has risen up from hiding and have adapted to the new time by becoming cooperated.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards:
Has a twisted sense of morals due to not having a functional conscious. Her morals really just depend on her mood at that moment. The only consistent ones she has is loyalty to whoever she is serving at the moment and making sure to repay the ones who help her.

2. Personal Premise/Ambition:
To restore honor once more to her father's name and take back her family's rightful place in the business.

3. Frustrations:
When others become too curious in her, specifically about her past; others disrespecting her or her work; pubic displays of affections (Applied only to her and her significant other more then just seeing others do it); whenever the bit of conscious she has kicks in; and self-doubt. The color pink has also been know to send her into a rage; it is unknown to others but it is because it reminds her of when her mother, after abusing her, would sit her in the bathroom tub and run water over her to wash away the blood. The diluted blood was always pink, and thus comes her hatred of that color.

4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.):
Very hard to anger, being that there are only a few specific things that will make her angry; rationalist.

5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.):
With her line of work I guess I would have to say militant? It's not that she's naturally aggressive per say; she just does what's required of her. Her work is her life; without it would be too painful to think about.

6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.):
The Reactive Attachment Disorder she had as a child left her without a fully functional conscious; due to this she has a warped way of thinking and dealing with emotional situations; it is extremely hard for her to form lasting connections with others; and chances are, even if she has never met you, or never will meet you, she doesn't like or trust you. She likes things to be tidy and has this odd sense of politeness; she believes that as long as she doesn't ask you anything, then it's the polite thing not to ask her anything, if you break this her temper is known to flare. She is also near-sighted and, while on the job wears contacts, wears prescription glasses when off-duty.

She has a phobia of pregnant women and Atychiphobia, which is the fear of failure.

7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert?:
Ambivert

8. Abilities (languages, talents):
She can speak French and Irish Gaelic fluently thanks to her parents. However, with the other languages she is required to know (due to them having a variety of allies) she only knows the basics needed to get through their interactions smoothly. Extremely gifted in the art of gun handling and making, and has a strong tolerance to alcohol.

9. Qualities (imagination, judgment, taste, poise):
Is known for her wise judgment and poise on and off duty. Although not very imaginative, if something is to go wrong, she is quick on her feet and ready to act. Her most prized quality are her dedication and loyalty to her job and boss. She has a bit of a expensive taste.

10. IQ:

11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character):
She's more desensitized to things due to her way of life than the normal bloke would be.
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2006, 08:21 PM by NeverForsakenMore »

« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:52 AM »
Link for those having trouble with IQ. http://hem.bredband.net/b153434/Index.htm#TableI
I can't vouch for the scientific accuracy of this link (It seems kinda suspect to me...) but it might work as a simple guideline for our purposes.

« Reply #18 on: Aug 05, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Emillia Isabella Valencio (Whoa/Emily)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender:
female

2. Age:

3. Height/Weight:
5'6'', 130 pounds.

Her hair is light brown with lime green streaks,Her eye color is a emerald green, and
fair complexion

5. Posture:
A bit slouchy sometimes

6. Appearance:6 Appearance (Good-looking, over/underweight, clean, neat, pleasant, untidy; shape of face/head/limbs): Just an average 18 year old, Normal weight: Tidy.

7. Defects (deformities, abnormalities, birthmarks, diseases):
She's part Rabbit Alien I suppose you can call that an abnormality.

8. Heredity (inherited traits from character's family):
Brown hair color from her mother, Green eyes from her father and goodlooks from her mother, Either way she look more like her mother.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class (lower, middle, upper):
She's middle class.

2. Occupation (Type of work, hours of work, income, condition of work, union or non-union, attitude towards organization, suitability for work):
She work for her uncles restraunt for a few years getting money saved up for college. The place was really clean and nice. She was ok with it since she thought it wasn't a hard job to start with. Her income was a normal waitress plus of course the tips.
 It's the only job she's ever had. And since her uncle owned it she figured it was easier to get a job there.

3. Education (amount, kind of schools, marks, favorite subjects, poorest subjects, aptitudes):
She went to elementary school to high-school.She was a decent student always getting C's. She loved english class. She was always bad at math.

4. Home Life (Parents living, earning power, orphan, parents separated or divorced, parents' habits, parents' mental development, parents' vices, neglect, character's marital status):
Well, she's never met her father and knows little about him. She's always been with her mother and always had a close bond with her, not just mother and daughter but like best friends. Her mother told her that her father is at a different place that htey can't get too, she was right ,Whoa's father is a rabbiet royal elite, He's the step son of the former king. Whoa always lived a happy life with her mother always taking her mothers advice for eveything as a child. But now that her mother is no longer alive Whoa seems empty and alone, she's depressed but never likes to show her true feelings because her mother told her once that the best way to feel happy is to make other people happy and not worry them with your troubles, as other people have troubles of their own to worry about.

5. Race:
Human/Rabbiet

6. Religion and/or Nationality:
She's catholic, and her nationality is spanish/american

7. Place in Community ('leader among friends', clubs, sports):
She's more of a loner type, and wpuld rather not be leader anyways.

None.

9. Amusements/Hobbies (books, newspapers, magazines he/she reads, etc.):
She likes to cook, she loves making new things and trying them out, Seh also love collecting manga. Her fave genre is romance and fantasy.

10. Time Period/Era (social structure and how it pertains to your character):
Present time, I guess she acts like anyone else in the present time.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards:
Her morals are just like her mothers,She's honest, try's to help other. thinks about others before herself so on and so forth, She also believes if someone trys to hurt her loved ones or does infact hurt them she must come back and give them the same treatment. (she never got that from her mom)

2. Personal Premise/Ambition:
To be someone and actually have a place in void city, Also to find someone to be with and never be alone again.

3. Frustrations:
She hates being alone, It makes her mad yet depressed.
She later on hates being a goody-good because she can't seem to get herself to actually fight and hurt anyone, and if she can't do that then what is the point in trying to protect the people she loves. Anyone that says anything about her mother badly makes her snap, also anyone she's inlove with.

4. Temperament (choleric, easygoing, pessimistic, optimistic, etc.):
She's cheery sometimes, doesn't have a short temper infact it's hard to actually get her mad, but when you do it's not a good thing at all. She gets along with almost anyone, she likes to make people smile and tends to do favors for alot of people.
But behind that she's depressed and gloom but she never complains about anything.

5. Attitude toward Life (resigned, militant, defeatist, etc.):
She has high hopes for her future, Although she sometimes thinks she can't go on if she has no one with her.

6. Complexes (obesessions, inhibitions, superstitions, phobias, etc.):
She doesn't like being alone it makes her really depressed and sometimes makes her panic.  Also has a fear of losing anyone else that is close to her.

7. Extrovert? Introvert? Ambivert?:
Ambivert

8. Abilities (languages, talents):
She can speak english and spanish, She's very good at cooking.

9. Qualities (imagination, judgment, taste, poise):
She has a really big imagination, She has bad judgement sometimes.

10. IQ:

11. Time Period/Era (periodic ways of thinking, and how it applies to your character):
Wait didn't I already answer this question? o__o

Well anyways I need sleep. xD
"I'm giving you a head start, you're going to need it. Cause I fight like a girl."

« Reply #19 on: Aug 06, 2006, 10:13 AM »
None.

Well, I KNOW it's incredibely easy to say that someone isn't political, but they still have to have a view on the political structures around them. You could easily just say that Whoa is indifferent to government structures, but it's really impossible in today's society to say that you have absolutely no affiliations to government (unless you were an anarchist, which is also acceptable).

« Reply #20 on: Aug 07, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Phillip Michael Chanter (Redblood Bounty Hunter)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender
Male

2. Age

3. Height/Weight
Height: 6 1/2 feet tall  Weight: 183 LBS

Hair: Brown  Eyes: Light Brown  Skin: pink-ish skin

5. Posture
Normally very relaxed and slumped up against something, but has a strong constitution and is very limber when fighting

6. Appearance
Very fuzzy, lots of shaggy fur hidden under clothing, looks very skinny but has some muscle structure, normally very clean. Considered handsome by most other anthro's and some humans

7. Defects
Abnormal blood condition that turns into a toxic bile when enraged or close to death, poison doesn't affect the character however making him immune to most poisons and toxins, and a pink nose

8. Heredity
Family is normal by anthro standards, but grey nose is a male trait in his home. pink is a female trait. Phill's nose is Pink.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class
middle class vigilantie

2. Occupation
Bounty Hunter, part time work, income depends on what bounty is found and caught, condition of work can be extremely hazzardous. VCPD's corruption however has reduced the work he can recieve and helps serve Draco in his weapon's testing buisiness. Is also the leader of the vigilantie group known as the Exiles.

3. Education
Got a GED at the age of 18, and completed some college courses, favorite subjects are science, biology, and art, least favorites are Math and social studies.

4. Home Life
Ran away from home at a young age to pursue his own goals, currently single. All family members are alive and well, lived off of the streets from 12-15 years of age. Raised by a police force from 16-17 years of age

5. Race
Household Cat, British Blue/Persian breed, Anthromorphic

Somewhat Christian but doesn't like to think about religion. Mostly American

7. Place in Community
Heads the group of lone vigilants known as the Exiles, but often works by himself using the group as a way to hang out with friends and or people he trusts.

Republican, which is basicly the dark side of the force anyway.

9. Amusements/Hobbies
Draws whenever he's got free time, plays video games often, and often seen just taking walks to clear his head and or perched atop a building.

10. Time Period/Era
Modern views, but lives as an outcast in sociaty due to the cullmination effort by the VCPD and is often kicked out of most of his favorite haunts due to this segrigation. He currently sees the Cullmination as a new Haulocaust created by Paddy McBastard and feels like void city is repeating mistakes made in the past that will only result in pain and missery.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards
Despises those who kill for no just reason, wishes to be friendly but is often too ill tempered or shy making it hard for him to leave a good first impression, but often will stand up for his friends should he feel that they're being threatened.

Once aspired to be a world class thief at a very young age but soon changed his mind and became a bounty hunter so that he could help those the cops couldn't help directly. Currently wishes to stop the VCPD's personal war against other anthro's.

3. Frustrations
Is often easily angered, used to be bulled alot, and often lashes out at the wrong moments. He will ignore somebody that bother's him to a point but can become violent should somebody persist. Hates his current image on void as "Void's Joke".

4. Temperament
Slightly naive, very short tempered, but normally very friendly towards others. He often stays out of big groups of people he doesn't know or just avoids others. Sometimes cares too much about what others think of him.

5. Attitude toward Life
Very easy going, but believes that everybody should be allowed to live there life to the fullest and not be pushed around by others. He despises some things in life but has learned to just live out the bad moments in life and look forward towards the good.

6. Complexes
Has a fear of insects and spiders, slightly nervous around heights, but not completely scared of high places. Has a strange intrest in birds, he won't touch or go near them, but will often just watch them. Loves video games with a passion.

Somewaht Ambivert due to him forming up a vigilanty group. But mostly Introvert due to past traumas in his life.

8. Abilities
Standard cat abilities, knows only how to say hello in other languages, decent drawing abilities, and standard fighting abilities that are enhanced due to his species. Extremely quick and can run from 40-75 miles per hour in a quick sprint. A decent cook when he knows the recipie to something.

9. Qualities
Often daydreams when he's laying around, doesn't judge others until he gets to know them, will put ketchup on anything that's dry (Poor taste food wise), often a picky eater and will never eat stuff like mayo or onions, will wear anything laying on his floor but keeps the rest of himself neat, and very quiet in large groups.

10. IQ

11. Time Period/Era
Modernistic due to time period born, but sees void city sucumbing to past events in american history. Because of this he's resentful to all VCPD members whether good, bad, or just wearing a VCPD badge to look big.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006, 12:36 AM by Phillip C »
;-)

« Reply #21 on: Aug 07, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Well, here goes. It's ok, I guess.

Hiemie the Fishboy

PHYSIOLOGY
2. Age: 2
3. Height/Weight: 7'3" w/o fin, 8'5" with fin, 400 lbs approx
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: No hair, Yellow Fin, Green Skin, Unknown eye colors.
5. Posture: Hunched over
6. Appearance: Gigantic Fish Person, lanky arms, smooth body, kind of imposing in size.
7. Defects: Gigantic Fish Person, but for a giant fish person, he's healthy.
8. Heredity: Supposedly he's part Black Bass, it's what he claims, he ain't no whitefish.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class: Was homeless. Won the lottery and invested in all the right places. Now one of the richest beings in existance.
2. Occupation : None. Invests in companies. Never had a job.
3. Education : Not schooled, was born with knowledge. Seems to know quite a bit about pop culture, other educational skills are sort of lacking though.
4. Home Life : Genetically created. No known parents. I guess he technically ran away from his original "Home." Single. Lives in a mansion with many maids and butlers, especially with his favorite butler, Nigga Please, the worlds most polite rapper.
5. Race: Gigantic Cartoon Fish Man (Supposedly part Black Bass...)
6. Religion and/or Nationality: Supposedly Pastafarian. Born in Shock City.
7. Place in Community : Upper level member of Cock Rockers and suprisingly enjoyable member of the upperclass community he lives among.
8. Political affiliations: Now that he's rich, he's a conservative.
9. Amusements/Hobbies : Loves Hip Hop and Classic Rock. Love bothering people. Highly Enjoys food. Is learning how to cook professionally, and actually isn't bad at it. Collects items pertaining to the history of Blackface theater and also is somewhat of a specialist in the subject.
10. Time Period/Era : Modern Era

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Likes making people laugh. Generally a good guy but isn't beyond severely messing with people. Sometimes steals food. Doesn't like people who take themselves too seriously.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: To enjoy his life, now that he's doing that, he secretly wants to be one of the world's best cooks.
3. Frustrations: None really, although he isn't fond of being attacked randomly for no reason.
4. Temperament : Silly and Easy Going. A bit unpredictable. Very immature at times.
5. Attitude toward Life : He lives life as it goes. Death has no impact on him. He can't really die.
6. Complexes : Loves food. To the point of stealing it. A bit of a short attention span. Random mood sometimes.
7. Extrovert
8. Abilities : Speaks Standard Aquatic Language and English. He's generally invincible. He'll just reappear after dying, like in a cartoon. Has other cartoon abilities, like Popeye Level strength, summoning props, context sensitive speed, and other fun things.
9. Qualities : Has good taste in food. Unpredictable. Easily Amused.
10. IQ: Doesn't like to show it, but suprisingly above average.
11. Time Period/Era : Modern Era.

Space Person

PHYSIOLOGY
2. Age: 175 (I'm not joking) but seems to act like someone in his mid 20's.
3. Height/Weight: 4'8"/Variable 85 lbs/variable
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: Hair is charred black, but never visible. Used to be blonde. Eye color is white glow through "glass" used to be blue. Skin is burnt looking, used to be caucasian.
5. Posture: Very good.
6. Appearance : Looks like a younger person in a space suit. The helmet has a blue glass with 2 glowing eyes and a black stripe down the middle. 2 antennae with red ball tips. Has a zipper down the front of his torso and a WNE Labs logo on the left side of his chest. Purple gloves/hands fusion. Bely is black with WNE Labs logo. Pants have a black stripe down each leg. Appearance vaires otherwise dependant on personal mutation chosen.
7. Defects : Infested with thousands of alien diseases and parasites (Although he had incredible control over them, thus giving him his abilities.), looks like a younger kid although he is much much older. Also, the regenerative parasites he has thought his space suit was his skin, so from the first regeneration forward, the suit became his outer skin.
8. Heredity: Born in America. Unknown heredity otherwise.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class: High Middle (P2 pays well and Centipete always pitches in)
2. Occupation : Bouncer at P2's club. No other jobs besides Junior Astronaut.
3. Education : Quite good. He was educated at many universities in space, and carries a vast knowledge of alien customs, technology, languages, and other fun things about space. Not only that, he was a bit of a child prodigy, which is why he was selected for the Junior Astronaut program in the first place.
4. Home Life : No known relatives (I was gonna make him a long lost son of Guy McManning, but that fell through, and honestly, I want to keep his relatives shrouded in mystery). Single. Lives with roomate and friend Centipete in a house dubbed the Slanty Shanty. It's alot nicer than it sounds. Has been married about 10 times and has had hundreds of children. Who knows if he's looking for another ladyfriend. Addenuim: Currently dating Squid Woman. She MIGHT have gotten knocked up.
5. Race: Caucasian.... and various alien species inside him.
6. Religion and/or Nationality: American. Has followed many Alien Religeons. Has met Cthulhu.
7. Place in Community : Friendly Neighbor. Member of the community watch. Also a member of the White Jackets.
8. Political affiliations: None. Earthling politics are silly.
9. Amusements/Hobbies : Loves books and IDM/electronic and classical music. Forms instruments with his body, and quite a talented musician. Collects Mammies and Sunflower Kitchen items. Likes to clean. Creates organic furnature. Likes Horror Movies and Platformer Video Games.
10. Time Period/Era : Was born around the space race time era. He got lost in space for an indeterminate (Well it isn't that inderterminate now that I listed his age) time period thanks to worm holes and time warps. He mixes up a lot of customs sometimes.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Likes to be nice to people. Is very tolerant to annoyance and quite forgiving.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Wants to live a normal life and acceptance. Although he realizes this isn't gonna happen, he misses the adventure of  Space.
3. Frustrations: Can be easily annoyed. Hates messy people and jerks, except Centipete. Doesn't like lines even though he's patient.
4. Temperament : Polite, Kind, Patient, although a bit of a pessimist.
5. Attitude toward Life : He sees life as a wonderful mystery with a lot of speedbumps. People are morons, but they'll eventually get what's coming to them.
6. Complexes : Cleans.... alot. Almost obsessively. He mixes up Alien technology, modern technology, and 50's technology. Somewhat too forgiving. Kind of afraid of Hiemie.
7. Introvert
8. Abilities : Can speak ALOT of alien languages. Speaks english. Has a great understanding of alien tech, culture, and other fun things about space. Very talented musician. Oh, and that alien mutations thing too, I guess.
9. Qualities :Thoughtful. Polite. Kind. Calm. An adventurers spirit sometimes.
10. IQ: Quite high.
11. Time Period/Era : Due to his mixed living spaces, his thought process is an odd combonation of 50's thought, space thought, and modern thought. Also, due to his many different marraiges in space, he can be attracted to odd things.

Centipete

PHYSIOLOGY
2. Age: Mid 20s
3. Height/Weight: 6'3"/Variable  150lbs/Variable
4. Color of Hair/Eyes/Skin: Brown Hair/ White Eyes/ Caucasian
5. Posture: Stands up straight.
6. Appearance : Lanky, tall, lacking a nose. Very messy hair.
7. Defects : No nose. Mutated so that he can duplicate body parts.
8. Heredity: Polish, but no traits visible since expiriment.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class: Middle-high
2. Occupation : High ranking police officer in VCPD. Currently temporary head of VCPD. Has worked odd jobs including Fast-Order Cook, UPS Man, Ad placer for a newspaper, Waiter, and Bartender at Mansylvania.
3. Education : High School. Some college, before being abducted.
4. Home Life: Father is dead. Mother is alive. Single. Lives in home with friend Space Person. Can't seem to find a date.
5. Race: 100% Polish
6. Religion and/or Nationality: No religion. 100% Polish.
7. Place in Community : High Ranking member of VCPD. Annoying neighbor.
8. Political affiliations: No preference. Hates communists though.
9. Amusements/Hobbies : Loves unusual music like Mr. Bungle and Estradasphere. A bit of a Mike Patton fan. Loves Television and movies, especially comedies and horror films. Enjoys Video Games. Loves to sing since his mutation. He has tremendous vocal range as he duplicates his head and alters his vocal chords to make a huge variety of voices. Has a pet tarantula named Gregory Peck. Collects stuff with skulls on it and interesting T-Shirts.
10. Time Period/Era : Born in Poland during Soviet Russia era. Grew up in modern era.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Is a bit of a jerk, but tries to do things for the best of people. Secretly a nice guy. He's also a vegetarian. Actually has a sense of justice.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Wants to live a normal life, and find a woman.
3. Frustrations: Doesn't like people who don't listen to him. Despises communists. Doesn't like bounty hunters, they should let the police do thier job, well unless that bounty hunter is REALLY CLASSY, then props to them.
4. Temperament : A bit of a cocky jerk. Generally calm about the situation.
5. Attitude toward Life : Enjoys life as he can.
6. Complexes : Hatred of Communism. A vit vain. A bit controlling. Huge Crush on J.j.
7. Extrovert
8. Abilities : A good aim, can sing VERY well, a good police officer. Has a bit of a fighters mind. Speaks Polish and English... oh and that body part multiplication thing too I guess.
9. Qualities : Sometimes has bad judgement. Rude, a bit mean, messy. A bit of a romantic.
10. IQ: Slightly above Average.
11. Time Period/Era: Born in Poland during Soviet Russia era. Raised in Modern era.

« Reply #22 on: Aug 07, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Subject to change at anytime cause I are a bastid.

Girl / Agent 8

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender: Female
2. Age: 22
3. Height 5 ft
    Weight: 80-ish lbs.
4. Color of Hair: Black with blue stripes(dyed).
    Eyes: Purple.
    Skin: Caucasian, fair complexion, incapable of tanning.
5. Posture: Normally casual/relaxed. Hunched when looking evil and menacing.
6. Appearance: Short with large breasts and wide hips. 3 piercings on each ear, tongue stud, navel piercing, 3 other piercings not normally seen. Hair a little longer than shoulder length. Clothing changes but usually with a punk aesthetic. Almost always wears gloves and a white circle patch with a sideways 8 in it, which is her personal logo.
7. Defects: Chemical imbalance in brain.
8. Heredity: She inherited most of her physical features from her mother except her skin color and nose, which she got from her father. I did a single page joke comic in which Monty Chomps claimed to be her father but that was just a star wars joke. Probably. Unless I decide it isn't.

SOCIOLOGY

1. Social Class: Middle class.
2. Occupation : Odd job mercenary, thief, substitute teacher, etc...
3. Education : No formal schooling. Assorted agent training. Can produce certifications for any number of occupations.
4. Home Life : She has a room above a garage(mechanic) that belongs to a friend of hers. She attempts to pay rent when she can. Her real parents have no importance beyond the fact that they produced her and then sold her. She was raised in a government facility and regards her fellow agents as surrogate siblings.
5. Race: Human / White/NHPI (Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander - US Census Classification)
6. Religion: Bits of catholicism, Buddhism.
    Nationality: Multi-national.
7. Place in Community : Has built a small amount of reputation amongst the underworld as a troublemaker. Hasn't been in Void long enough to make much of an impact.
8. Political affiliations: Usually whoever is paying her. Has no real opinions believing that politics usually just obscure who has the real power.
9. Amusements/Hobbies : Enjoys heavy metal and is a mediocre guitar player. Motorcycle racing. Old samurai movies.
10. Time Period/Era : Now-ish.

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards: Largely amoral. Refuses to kill for hire but isn't usually bothered at the incidental deaths during the course of a job. Extreme dislike for violence against children.
2. Personal Premise/Ambition: Her only major goal is to be rich enough to never have to work again.
3. Frustrations: Boredom and people getting in her way.
4. Temperament : Vain, self-centered, reckless, tends to be extemely irritable when bored.
5. Attitude toward Life : "Take life easy. But don't take shit from nobody."
6. Complexes : Beserker tendencies. Strong dislike for dirt and filth.
7. Extrovert
8. Abilities : Can speak a large number of languages and possesses an eclectic mix of skills from her time as an agent. Uses a hand to hand fighting style derived from kickboxing and regular boxing. She has a special shape changing weapon which she uses in either a scythe, a kusarigama, or a chain. She has high level regeneration powers that are limited storywise by a number of factors and practically by the needs of the story. She has slightly enhanced physical abilities such as speed, strength and reflexes. Resistance to poison, disease, alcohol, drugs, etc. High tolerence for pain.
9. Qualities : Highly loyal to her friends. She also has a great deal of practical leadership and organizational abilities though she routinely denies it.
10. IQ: 139 (She's smarter than she acts.)
11. Time Period/Era : Modern

« Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Daisuke Watenabe (no relation)

PHYSIOLOGY
1. Sex/Gender
 yes please/ male
2. Age:
3. Height/Weight:
5'11/176lb
grey/blue/pale
5. Posture:
Daisuke has fairly decent posture, unless his sword is drawn.
once he's actually in 'fight mode' he slumps, and loosens up greatly.
daisuke is what you would call ruggedly handsome. always with a wrinkled shirt and pants. his hair is usually matted, and unkemmpt.
daisuke's hair is grey from wandering over open plains, he loses his trademark rice hat quite often.
he inherited his father's alchohol tolerance.

SOCIOLOGY

lower class, by choice
daisuke is what you would call a jack of all trades, capable of doing just about anything from farming to circus performing.
daisuke has the equivalence of a high school education, although he was tutored by his mother in the family dojo. his favorite subject was world history/ geography. his poorest subject was actually swordsmanship, which ws taught to him by his father. this grade was due to the fact that daisuke didn't like the strict forms of the Watenabe style.
daisuke's parents were both teachers in the watenabe family dojo.
his mother would tutor children in the basics of education.
his father would tutor men in their late teens, early twenties in the art of the sword.
his grandfather taught art, and sold his paintings.
his mother was a very kind, and loving person. she died when daisuke was 15 when she rushed into a burning building to try and save one of her friends' child.
after that point, daisuke's normally strict father sunk into an alchoholic depression and began savagely beating daisuke and his brother, kyosuke, during their training sessions. this wouldn't have been such a bad thing if he didn't beat the other students he took on as well. once the others left, his full concentration ws back on dai and kyo.
their grandfather left on daisuke's 16th birthday, and was never heard from again. shortly after that, daisuke was set to take his final test within the school.
he had to spar against his brother kyosuke and win in order to graduate.
kyosuke did not want later competition over the inheritance of the dojo, so with a sword he had hidden inside a wooden sword, he stabbed daisuke in the chest.
daisuke broke from the watenabe style, and was able to knock kyosuke unconscious with a few strikes to the head. defeating his brother in this fashion caused him to be expelled from the family school, as though he wouldn't have left anyway.
5. Race
human
japanese
best described as a hermit
he's never in one place/sober long enough to care about local politics.
he enjoys picking up chicks and drinking. although he's afraid to admit it, he likes reading the Weekly World News.
modern

PSYCHOLOGY

1. Moral Standards
he follows his own code of conduct which basically means he can do whatever he pleases, as long as he doesn't injure women or children... unless they try to injure him first. (a recent amendment)
he wanders about looking for his grandfather, if he's still alive. other than that, he goes around looking for anything he considers fun, including drinking, having sex, and  fighting... hopefully not at the same time.
3. Frustrations
women who just want to be friends, or cuddle. weak drinks
easygoing, slightly lazy
whatever happens, happens
since he discovered it when he was 19, he's never missed an issue of the Weekly World News.
Extrovert
he can read/write english and japanese. he's a good, although unorthodox swordfighter.
he can predict what kind of fighter a person is just by what drink they order... or so he claims.
10. IQ
modern

« Reply #24 on: Aug 08, 2006, 11:27 AM »
daisuke is what you would call a jack of all trades, capable of doing just about anything from farming to circus performing.

Where did he get such universal skills? If you mean that he's capable of cheap labor then that's one thing, but being a jack of all trades means you probably have a minor expertise in a multitude of skills.

daisuke's parents were both teachers in the watenabe family dojo.
his mother would tutor children in the basics of education.
his father would tutor men in their late teens, early twenties in the art of the sword.
his grandfather taught art, and sold his paintings.
his mother was a very kind, and loving person. she died when daisuke was 15 when she rushed into a burning building to try and save one of her friends' child.
after that point, daisuke's normally strict father sunk into an alchoholic depression and began savagely beating daisuke and his brother, kyosuke, during their training sessions. this wouldn't have been such a bad thing if he didn't beat the other students he took on as well. once the others left, his full concentration ws back on dai and kyo.
their grandfather left on daisuke's 16th birthday, and was never heard from again. shortly after that, daisuke was set to take his final test within the school.
he had to spar against his brother kyosuke and win in order to graduate.
kyosuke did not want later competition over the inheritance of the dojo, so with a sword he had hidden inside a wooden sword, he stabbed daisuke in the chest.
daisuke broke from the watenabe style, and was able to knock kyosuke unconscious with a few strikes to the head. defeating his brother in this fashion caused him to be expelled from the family school, as though he wouldn't have left anyway.

A few things I'm a bit concerned with here; if Daisuke was such a lousy swordsman, how did he manage to beat Kyosuke with a wooden sword after being stabbed in the chest? You don't mention if Kyosuke was any better or not, so there may still be an unknown factor, but from what I'm picking up on, Daisuke really isn't that great of a fighter, if he's formidable at all.

Also, being stabbed in the chest kinda should leave a mark (just my opinion). That'd file under Defects in the Physiology section if you want to include that, but the fact that he gets stabbed in the chest and is walking around now without some kind of mark is kinda inconsistent, if you get where I'm going.

he enjoys picking up chicks and drinking. although he's afraid to admit it, he likes reading the Weekly World News.

Why is this?

he wanders about looking for his grandfather, if he's still alive. other than that, he goes around looking for anything he considers fun, including drinking, having sex, and  fighting... hopefully not at the same time.

Again, going back on the idea that he's a lousy fighter, why would he enjoy something he never enjoyed doing growing up?

Also PEOPLE! Feel free to critique other people's characters! If you have questions about things you may find inconsistent in a character's form, feel free to speak up!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

490 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 497.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us