The places of Void

The places of Void
« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Didn't you see the Dan/Hiemie fight? The S.S.Overkill was in Hiemie's version, manned by the Cock Rockers ofcourse. Plus everybody had moustaches. It was a good fight.
JetSetElio: if anything, being at wizard world almost has nothing to do with co

The places of Void
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2006, 12:36 AM »
I DIDN'T because I was never online! I'll check em out now.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

The places of Void
« Reply #27 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Technologies featured so far in the institute are the Hercules jacket, a re enforced straight jacket that is lined with hypoermic needles, attatched to the back are 2 large pipes that keep tranqueliser flowing into the needles thereby keeping even the most powerful of heros docile.
Has that ever appeared in a comic before? Has it even been drawn at all?

The places of Void
« Reply #28 on: Jun 18, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Technologies featured so far in the institute are the Hercules jacket, a re enforced straight jacket that is lined with hypoermic needles, attatched to the back are 2 large pipes that keep tranqueliser flowing into the needles thereby keeping even the most powerful of heros docile.
Has that ever appeared in a comic before? Has it even been drawn at all?
look ye of little faith

The places of Void
« Reply #29 on: Jun 18, 2006, 01:01 AM »
Shakes head at Kellindel*

Anyways I need to cover some ground here so people can have something to reference in my old comics:

Moonshine Park (Agent Black vs. Cirrus): A sub domain in the Ether, where souls communicate with agents of the living while in an unconcious and lucid state. Namely, Moonshine Park is a dimension decorated with contradictions and amusing irony. Examples being- a rainy sunny day where the dryest spot is the bench NOT under a tree. THis place is by no means a battle ground (seeing as how the concept of battle is LOST in a sea of contrapositive concepts) as much as it is a shaky bridge for the dead to contact with the living or for the living to haplessly stumble in such a place when they themselves are faced in a near death situation.

Demons and Divine agents can also be seen in this tiny squeeze of a neutral territory as an act of faith, accomplishing small talk and feeding the pigeons with an assortment of multi-grain wafers and human organs.

The places of Void
« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2006, 04:32 PM »
The Grogge Shoppe (Kubo vs Kid & Kubo vs Zaff)

This is a little british pub that resides on one of the many semi-busy streets of Void City.  It is owned by a very large middle-aged, scottish man, the bartender is 20 year old swetish punk girl named Kiwi, and the bouncer is her father Sven. The first floor has a bar and a dozen round tables. The second for has four studio apartments, one is the owner's, one is being rented out by Kiwi and her father, the other is rented out by Kubo, and the last one is vacant. It is a Pro-furrie astablishment where anyone is welcome.

The places of Void
« Reply #31 on: Jun 26, 2006, 02:01 AM »
Mr. Cogg's Fighter Outfitters Void Base One. (The floating fortress in Mechanic vs Phase)

The base of operations for the Void branch of Mr. Cogg's is basically a flying city.  It houses everything from scientists, aircraft, weapon systems, families, and even a garrison of soldiers.  It has state of the art facilities and is completely self contained.  Its  Internal Ionic Stabilation Core keeps the station powered and in the air.  The expansive aircraft hanger houses over 300 aircraft, ranging from historical to experimental.  The factory endlessly produces the products for all of Void to enjoy and the R&D team is constantly steal...er thinking up new ideas every day.  

Mr. Cogg has a fleet of these floating bases though Void Base One is the largest and most advanced of the seven.  Anchored over 10,000 feet in the air, the only public access to the base is through a teleporting invitation usually given by one of the Special Operatives of Fighter Outfitters.  Attempts at flying (with or without the assistance of an aircraft) will result in the termination of said attempter.  Sorry.

The full catalogue is available on touch screen in the Customer Service waiting room and the staff is always friendly and ready to help.  To contact a member of the S.O. team, simply leave your blood sample in any of the marked Cogg DNA Collection sites.  If you are deemed worthy an associate will assist you immediately.

Re: The places of Void
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Since I'll be using it a lot, I might as well toss out my coffee shop for everyone to use (hope it's still okay to add to this thread...).

City Grind Coffee: Catering to all of Void's caffeine adicts. A single story building, the interior walls are concrete painted bright green. This is no ordinary coffee shop, as their menu isn't limited to popular drinks and seasonal favorites. The staff can whip up just about anything their customers can think of, coffee-based or not. From elaborate, exotic concoctions, to straight black coffee. But it can sometimes cost a little extra to get the staff to make something out of the ordinary. Even more if trying to order from the shop's main coffee jockey, Crawford.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:59 AM »
I'm thinking of making a Void City High School if the applicable character gets in.  Once I've designed it, I'll let you guys know what general landmarks I included.

If there already is one, then please save me the trouble and describe it for me.
Is this awesome? [y/n]

« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2007, 01:41 AM »
I kinda made a place for my upcomming battle and might as well give you the info

GRUNGE BURGER: One of the very few places in void city that will serve any race, lifeform, fighter, or whatever the hell you may be! With at least a good handful found throughout the city of void, it makes a tidy profit by being one of the few places that will serve an anthromorphic citizen. However, due to this policy, many Grunge Burger locations are often vandalised or attacked by radical groups or often used by the VCPD to corner unsuspecting victims in illegal raids and arrests.

Despite the lack-luster name, the food is surprizingly well prepaired, and since they serve many species or things in the city you'd be surprized at what's on the menu. The Grunge Burger's motto: Shitty name, Great Food!
;-)

« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Just because this NEEDS to go up on the list

SHOCK CITY (Electric gutair wails) ......(Explosion)

Void City's bastard, redheaded step sister city, SHOCK CITY.

SHOCK CITY: A freakish neighboring city to Void. It almost makes little to no sense. It is a mile wide and about 100 miles long. It is set up like this so they can have Motorcycle/Monster Truck/ Shark races. The police foces is Vikings on Clydesdales. Every hour on the hour, the clocktower chimes hard rock and a monster truck ramps out of it followed by explosions. The city is totally badass. It's also considered the sibling town of void. Often even mentioning the name of the city can cause a mass wailing of electric guitars followed by some explosion. Usually, if you aren't born or raised in the town, navigation is very difficult.

Plus, I can think of 5 fighters right off hand that hail from SHOCK CITY (Electric gutair wails) ......(Explosion)

« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2007, 01:41 PM »

SHOCK CITY: A freakish neighboring city to Void. It almost makes little to no sense. It is a mile wide and about 100 miles long. It is set up like this so they can have Motorcycle/Monster Truck/ Shark races. The police foces is Vikings on Clydesdales. Every hour on the hour, the clocktower chimes hard rock and a monster truck ramps out of it followed by explosions. The city is totally badass. It's also considered the sibling town of void. Often even mentioning the name of the city can cause a mass wailing of electric guitars followed by some explosion. Usually, if you aren't born or raised in the town, navigation is very difficult.

Plus, I can think of 5 fighters right off hand that hail from SHOCK CITY (Electric gutair wails) ......(Explosion)

BEST.  PLACE.  EVAR.
Is this awesome? [y/n]

« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Wasn't there a castle in Void at some point?

« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:45 PM »
hahahah there was a castle? HAHAHHAHAHAHA OH WOW really??

I must know this.

« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:10 PM »
HOLY FUCKIN' YES I FOUND IT

I'm all giddy and happy inside now, and I think I've almost learned the names of every fighter on Void after that X_x.

« Reply #40 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Random castle

beautiful.

« Reply #41 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Yes, and if I remember the old more detailed description of it it went like:

The Castle (with some name I don't recall): Abandoned atop of a cliff in Void, no one knows what it was used for, but it's there.

Kinda anyways :/ That's all I remember about it though.

« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Void Dead Districts

Recently the growth of Void City has been halted as the VCPD's power continues to escalate. Before though, Void was ever growing and ever changing. This was due to the ridiculously insane amounts of crime occurring within the center of the mega-city. That forced the residents to move towards the outer perimeters of Void City to escape the gangs and try their best to live as peaceful lives as possible. This left behind a dead skeleton husk in the center areas of void complimented with absolute silence and unbearable isolation. Only the refuse and sin of Void is left behind in these dead towns, making it a haven for monsters and fugitives. Rarely do these Dead Districts become resuscitated for the benefit of the living.

« Reply #43 on: Aug 27, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Void City Evac Post

Void has always been used to violence, but when the city entered in awe after Koji's assault, manacing the whole population, this evacuation place was designed and built in the city's undergound.
The place welcomes people generally when some kind of calamity is going on in Void streets, most notably Armageddon, Battle Royale and King of Monsters, more recently.
At times in which peace can be found, the place works as some kind of home to those without one, most notably to criminals. It's also the place you might not want to walk carrying your wallet!
The VCEP are composed of many halls, and people who live in it generally will have to lay on the ground, as there are no rooms. It has safe place enough to one tenth of Void City's total estimated population. There are several means to get to there, being the most popular, the subway, and more pratical, stairs. The stations inside it have a lock door system in case of earthquakes and natural disasters...or giant pink serpents!
By air

« Reply #44 on: Aug 31, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Under-city of Kevo:
Located beneath void, nearest openings located in graveyard, and in a park where an underground volcano active was spotted many months ago.  This is below subway systems and evacs, but not to pits of hell.  Earth quakes have been reported occasionally, but everyone's too preoccupied with Giant Monsters, to wonder wants going on beneath the city itself.  An active volcano oozes out lava, surrounding this strangle castle.  It is home to the fallen king. Behind its doors, two gargoyles keep watch for any living unwelcome guests.  There is a dungeon within as well.  The ghosts of the many dead of the city haunt the area.  Enter at your own risk.

For visuals, stay tuned for the athos vs pye battle. 

« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:12 AM »

BEST.  PLACE.  EVAR.

Careful getting there by boat though. I hear a lot of ships have been lost by running aground on Punk Rock, a few miles off the coast...

¬_¬;

Actually, that'd be a good name for an off-shore prison similar to Alcatraz.
LJ: http://sci.livejournal.com/
Homepage (outlinks to everything else): http://www.sci-fi-fox.com/

« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Ok, guys. Got a question for you...
Where exactly are the factories? Is it at the center surounded by the Dead Districts? or outside forming a slums ring at the borders? I would really like to know :3 and if it's not invented yet, can I just come out with something and use it?
Herodes Law.

« Reply #47 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:02 PM »

if it's not canon in plot you can shape it however you want.

that goes the same for the city's placement and anatomy. we kinda keep amorphic but ambiguous like Springfield where we know its there (ie. Moe's Bar, Springfield Elementary) but not exactly where ; the only exception is Ned Flanders who is a next door neighbor (and yet this is the only next door neighbor we see of aside Gerald Ford and George Bush Snr.) 

« Reply #48 on: Nov 12, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Ok, guys. Got a question for you...
Where exactly are the factories? Is it at the center surounded by the Dead Districts? or outside forming a slums ring at the borders? I would really like to know :3 and if it's not invented yet, can I just come out with something and use it?

if you don't know where it is MAKE IT void is a big playground with lots of room for interpretation

« Reply #49 on: Nov 12, 2007, 10:19 PM »
sketches of what the area looks like more or less (maybe something like the worlds in Kingdom hearts from the gummi map thing.. you know what i mean) would be so cool for this thread!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

301 Guests, 2 Users

[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us