The places of Void

The places of Void
« Reply #50 on: Jul 18, 2009, 02:40 PM »
A great idea, even for those who arent vested players, or arent paying customers. Although Winger is right about catering those who pay, those who dont /cant pay will undoubtedly feel more attended to because of the Void too. This should help to keep the more casual player interested.

Ill be looking forward to the next post.

Re: The places of Void
« Reply #51 on: Jul 18, 2009, 04:39 PM »
what?
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #52 on: Jul 18, 2009, 04:56 PM »
A great idea, even for those who arent vested players, or arent paying customers. Although Winger is right about catering those who pay, those who dont /cant pay will undoubtedly feel more attended to because of the Void too. This should help to keep the more casual player interested.

you very clearly have the wrong idea about the site

« Reply #53 on: Jul 18, 2009, 06:46 PM »

This is a comic drawing website, not an online game or RP.

« Reply #54 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:43 PM »
ok it looks like this hasn't been updated since 2007, but i've been clicking around alot to find some definitive info. I've gotten some. And i get-- and like-- the idea of making VC whatever you want and that cameos of others characters are cool, but with all of the disasters it seems this page should be update. I've asked question before in other areas a while back but never got responses, i'll try again here but assume if there's no answer i'll make up whatever i want and use the character designs/story of others that may or may not be up to date. that's ok.
I'm not looking for long answers just a few words. i'm shooting the wad here.

Somewhere  on the site there's a set of stories where  1 to 3 big craters where made in the city.
what caused this? (quick answers like ie an earthquake or monsters or aliens or characters xyz did abc, are great..)
how many craters are there?
any known dangers there now? or was it filled?
there's at least one floating city is there only one?
Is that city(ies) very different from void? how so?
Is there communication travel or trade with the floating city?
does the city have a proper name or a slang names?

Is there a major river in/near void city?
Is there an Ocean or Sea next/near to void city?
Is there a desert/jungle/mountains/arctic wasteland near void city?

Is there anything about Void Prison and Jail(s?) that should be known? (ie Generally run by the inmates, super secure and strict etc..)

Are there any celebrities (film/tv/music/internet/activist/writers/artist/scientist) in town?
Is there a regular TV station or well known local TV personalities?

thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2014, 10:04 PM by Revelarts »

« Reply #55 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:04 PM »
The answers are whatever you want them to be

You can choose not to follow any of the exsiting info, or you can read up comics.

--

Nevertheless, three craters + another one are from the last event, where Horizon launched parts of the city into the sky (Caelum City - three floating islands, read up Majikura's comics). The other one is from Hiemie dropping a ship from outer space like a goddamn meteor. Being dangerous or not, no one has made anything about it.

To get ideas what YOUR void looks like, read up comics.

Some comics that might give you answers you look for:

http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=playlists;id=4 TTT - hiemie blows shit up

http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4590&side=1&iid=1 Horizon creates Caelum City

http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=4846&side=1&iid=1 Xia has fun underground.

If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #56 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:51 PM »
 heh... OK,
 thanks for pointing me to the right files on those stories..

« Reply #57 on: Jan 29, 2014, 12:25 AM »

Is there a major river in/near void city?
Is there an Ocean or Sea next/near to void city?
Is there a desert/jungle/mountains/arctic wasteland near void city?

The answer to all of your questions is "sure, why not?". Void has been located near lakes, near oceans, above cliffs, below cliffs, in the desert, in the jungle, in a sci-fi dystopian future, probably in Hell, whatever you need it to be. If you need it to be located thousands of miles under the sea in some sort of dome to draw your comic, thats fine too. If you need a certain location, boom, its there. Right now theres a sort of vague canon Wu-AT-AT mentioned of the meteor crater and Caelum in the sky but locations are irrelevant- basically wherever, whenever you need them to be.

« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:40 AM »
Void city is constantly in flux. The newest thing that has been added has been the crater form the meteor, but you don't even have to use that if you don't want to. In my battle with Gray, I'm actually taking us OUTSIDE of the city, to a range of surrounding mountains.

It's always cool to use places other people have created, but you can go sick.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:11 AM »
I personally always imagined Void as covering most of europe, so EVERYTHING would be near or inside it...

Even if you want to follow the whole Caelum and meteor thing,(which you don't ave to)  the stabilized aftermath and reconstruction/new infrastructure has barely been explored yet, so it's still up for whatever interpretation. (not that it isn't always, but there's definitely not even a semi-consensus on that.) I mean, some people took the money part of Hiemie's thing and bought the whole world, while I said it caused mad inflation and became useless, and a lot of people seem to just do business as usual... so while a good part of us accept the whole meteor thing, it's unclear what the consequences are.
 If you really want to know all the details, read all the comics since Tag Team Tournament and make up your own interpretation of what the community as created.

http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=11257.msg224372#msg224372 is a good quick understanding of the structure of void after meteor.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2014, 10:16 AM by Le Fred »
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #60 on: Feb 02, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Animeshen, Bent, Le Fred, Thanks.

I think i get the picture now.  I'm about ready to roll with that...

« Reply #61 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:08 AM »
Not that it's TERRIBLY relevant at this point, but I did finally do a real design for Dan's Video store. As the story goes, Dan used his winnings from the Tag Team Tournament win back in the day to buy the space, deep in the bowels of Void City (and actually it is the very bottom most unit on the VERY tall building for wish Dan's apartment is actually at the top. That sentence was weird, I know. My vision of Void City is about as tall as it is wide, it goes on vertically far more than any existing present day city, so there are many support structures for a lot of the ritzier places closer to the surface. This store is built into one of those support structures at the very bottom. Almost no natural light ever makes it down that low in this part of town due to it actually being at ground level, hence all the fancy lighting, they need it all the time.

This location was revealed and shown in detail for the first time in the Void Anthology Volume 2. Dan hires a ghost who lived in the building to work for him, and after a few years, when Dan moves on, he leaves her in charge as the manager. Her name is Lily. Dan still owns the place, but he entrusted it to her to keep going as she saw fit, and as she was a movie lover, she had no problem with this.

It's a pretty small place, but has it's regular customers none the less, despite the internet age of streaming everything.

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2015, 03:11 AM by DEDieckmann (SkullcapComix) »

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 08:12 PM »
I figure I can add onto this, because why not.  In my comic versus Johnny Sweet at the end of last year, Cornelius was homeless and living in a homeless "city" called the Cardboard Canopy.  It's built out of scraps from wreckage after the meteor hit, using vacant damaged buildings as its base, and filled with people who lost mostly everything they had. Citizens expanded the Canopy through the alleys and constantly build it out, accepting anyone who needs a place to belong. http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=5117&side=1&iid=01

« Reply #63 on: Jul 03, 2015, 05:15 AM »
I haven't submitted a character or drawn any comics yet, but I do have a solid idea of what I would represent Void City as. I imagine the city as being built on a giant and deep crater partially surrounded by ocean. The city would be divided into three sections: the upper, lower and bayside districts. The upper district is located on the rim of the crater, and is higher in latitude than the rest of the city. This is where most of the suburban areas of the city are situated, and I imagine it would have a kinda San Francisco-esque vibe. The lower district includes the area of Void City located in the heart of the crater, and here is where the deep, dark and grimy heart of the city is. The bayside district has an amusement park by the sea and is well regulated by the Void City police. The skyline of Void City would show the upper district sprawling all across some really large hills, but also giant skyscrapers reaching out from the centre of the city and from the bottom of the crater's pit. The bayside area would just be some sparkly decoration at the city's rims.

Umm I realise I haven't actually talked about specific places! I hope my ideas are useful for other people who want to get an idea of the overall structure of Void City, though.

I haven't really thought about actual locations in the city, but I really hope to incorporate some of the stuff said in this thread - it's like getting the chance to play with another kid's toys haha.

« Reply #64 on: Jul 27, 2015, 10:42 AM »
That actually sounds like a really cool representation of Void City! (At least, the way I pictured it from your description was really cool hahah.) Just wanted to take a moment to say that and to remind anyone who reads this that there's no wrong way to draw Void City, so feel free to be creative with it!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

289 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us