INTRODUCE YOURSELF

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #525 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Hello everyone... I am new here and thought I would say hi. I am currently finishing my character designs to submit and will be done soon with any luck. Being an art student can mean that other art has to come before personal interest :( .

Been doing stuff all my life but never made a comic... hopefully my skills will translate well into it.

Den iskalde snoen kommet, denne gang i

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #526 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:00 AM »
Hey, I just started posted here. Been visiting the site for a year and want to get in on the action, so you'll probably see something from me soon enough.  :squid:  
If life was a video game you'd have no idea how many times i'd hit that reset button.[

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #527 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Cool, I was looking through your DA stuff and it looks like you've got some skills.

Welcome to the [III]

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #528 on: Feb 16, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Thanx alot, man.  
If life was a video game you'd have no idea how many times i'd hit that reset button.[

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #529 on: Feb 17, 2006, 01:26 PM »
hey..okay..so here I am.

my name is, well, as you can see, rhelm, which is just fine to call me. It's a contraction of my name
so it works out.

I'm 18, male, preparing for college. I'm still undecided about my major, psychology maybe.
I live in the midwest US, or as I affectionately refer to it, the darkest pit of hell just south
of Pandemonium.

I recently arrived here following my friend Church. Though I've always had roots in art (usually drawong or painting), I haven't had a load of experience in sequential art and I was hoping that being in this community and exposing myself to the artists here might help me grow in this style. I am working on a character but I really don't know well how my drawing style will translate into sequential style, it's rather rough and sketchy, though in a stylized way.

I hope that I can be a productive and contribiting member of the community.
..::crisis is a rite of passage::..

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #530 on: Feb 18, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 My name's Ryan Burridge (Im known as masta Burridge to some ppl). Im 15 and have been drawing since I was atleast 7. Im not as good others because I mostly bmx and then draw on the side but for the most part I can be a good compition sometimes. I usually draw whatever comes to mind or just scribble real quick and go from there (Pappy Land Style I call it) <---I miss that show, dont know why though. I have all sorts of "styles", no certain technique. I dont know what to say really just decided to let everyone know that Ill be on Void in alittle while.  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #531 on: Feb 19, 2006, 02:44 AM »
hellos.

my name is isaac wong, im 16, and i live in tokyo (just to make this clear, japan is NOT china, despite my last name.)
i draw. you couldve guessed that. oh well.

i have been thinking about putting up a character here for a long while now, but i still think my drawing skillz are not up to par. i do have a few characters, mind you, and their very well near done, but i'd hate to see him and the others get beat to shit just cause someone else can draw them better then i can.

anyways, sup.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2006, 02:44 AM by hazy »

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #532 on: Feb 19, 2006, 05:32 AM »
Hello! :D (I know boring nickname :P)

I'm a 16 y.o. guy from Sweden. I'm thinking of creating a fighter here, cus I want to get better at drawing comics basicly.

So I've been woring on my character for a while now (scrapnig and starting over like a milion times) but I hopefully will get it up here in the incubator (spelling?) next week.

see ya!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #533 on: Feb 24, 2006, 10:38 PM »
I've lurked around enough to dip my toe into the pool of introductions.

I'm a 21 year old girl from Florida, who can't go a day without doodling something out at work when I should actually be working. I joined Void with the hopes of improving my art, and entered a fighter for approval...when everyone ended up going to Megacon. Bad timing :<

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #534 on: Feb 25, 2006, 07:11 AM »
Welcome fellow Floridian. If I might ask, which submission was yours?

Gotta have something to do seeing as how I got jipped from megacon.

EDIT: Whoa whoa I take that back. I remember your submission now. I loved that girl.  She better get in.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2006, 07:14 AM by NeoDaedalus »
"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
-Andre Gide

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #535 on: Feb 25, 2006, 08:51 AM »
TT^TT

you make me feel all giddy with your flattery <3

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #536 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:23 PM »
I call myself Nero Prime
Hey guys!  Im a transfer from Digital Webbing.  I cant believe the amount of  emotion people have for the Void.  It seems to me that people really put more of themself on this board.  Digital Webbing has great atrists but they dont care about each other.  My only question is,  do you guys dig the Marvel and DC stuff or is this more of a Magna zone?
thanks,  N/P
Quick kids, hide under your desks!  Here comes the A-bomb.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #537 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:38 PM »
nope.....we're straight up Archie and Golden Key Comics around here...everything else is crap
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006, 06:40 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #538 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Bwa ha ha ha ha haaa!
;-)

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #539 on: Feb 28, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Its an everything zone man. Just look at the battles. theres Western, Japanese, anime, manga, dc influence, marvel influence, independant, you name it, its here.  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #540 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Hello Void, I'm a long time lurker here so I thought I might as well make an account.

My art is not void worthy, but I am here to vote on battles mostly and enjoy the great stuff you people create.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #541 on: Mar 11, 2006, 09:22 PM »
Ahoy, Void. I'm Snow.

Just found this place a week ago through felony's devart account. Love the idea, been reading alot of these battles, getting to know who's who. I'm working on a character now, should have a basic him here in the incubator in a bit. May not be the best artist, but I'm goin to art college here in colorado, so I'll be getting better.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2006, 09:22 PM by FallingSnow »

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #542 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:00 PM »
wassupp people. im 13 and thinkin about puttin a character on void. i was gona do it before my birthday but i didnt know what to do i got stressed out :angry: . anyways i got enpsired by fuu who made crazy samuribecause he is a force do be reconed with :worship:. his drawings are vishous so i dicided to join the voldlings and make a charcter to well when i find out how to do it. anyways i plane on putting my character on void soon.

thats all   <_<  later gota go to sleep :yawn:  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #543 on: Mar 22, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Hey peeps, I'm 16 and from Canada. I've heard of VOID before, but only joined today. Maybe I'll create a fighter after I lurk around and admire the work here a little longer.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #544 on: Mar 23, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Hello.

My name is Nathan, online nick almost everywhere is Enef.

Http://enef.deviantart.com , Its through deviant art i found this place and i linked it to a lot of people on one of my main communities. Sketchbattle Neoriceisgood, Gakidou and Denman came over here from there as well.

I'm 16, from the UK and have a webcomic. I hope to be able to get a character accepted on void but i need to work on my art a lot before i will be able to imo.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #545 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Lot's of young'uns coming round these parts. Welcome to entervoid.com people born post 1990. My name is chunk and I shall now be your surrogate father. I'm going to be fatherly and give some advice to my new childrens.

I know you want to rush and submit a character as soon as possible, but...

REMEMBER THE THREE P'S WHEN DESIGNING/SUBMITTING CHARACTERS!
(which I just came up with)

Practise, Patience, Positivity

PRACTISE your art and drawing your character. The best way to get better with art is to practise. The best way to create a character is to draw your ideas over and over again constantly until you can draw your char spot on. You'll have more time with the char and they will probably evolve into better characters because of it. Please post your concepts in the INCUBATOR for everyone to see and pass their opinions and offer new drawing techniques. You should also practise your sequentials with a focus on readablity and flow...then try doing some dynamic pannels.

PATIENCE is a virtue. Take your time and stop fidgeting. I know you want to go and rush to make a void character, but you'll have a monumentally better chance of having your character accepted if you take your time and draw to the best of your ability. And for god's sake read the submission standards before uploading anything. Remember when you do submit something, it isn't automatically accepted. The busy group that judges your acceptance may take awhile. Don't take it personal.

POSITIVITY will be the essential factor as to wether or not you are Void material. Having a character declined is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you aren't liked. Don't think you're "not good enough". For some reason or another you did not meet everyones standards. It means that you'll have to bite your lip and try again. Take the advise of your Void peers on how to improve your submission for better chances. Stay positive!

Alright, now you know. This welcome message is entirely too long.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #546 on: Mar 23, 2006, 08:16 AM »
Hello.

Http://enef.deviantart.com , Its through deviant art i found this place and i linked it to a lot of people on one of my main communities. Sketchbattle Neoriceisgood, Gakidou and Denman came over here from there as well.

I'm 16, from the UK and have a webcomic. I hope to be able to get a character accepted on void but i need to work on my art a lot before i will be able to imo.
Leeds Leeds LEEEEEEDSS

sorry had to gt that outta my system.

So yeah welcome to void you guys and listen to the chunk man he speaks da TROOF

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #547 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Chunkplex, haha I love your 3 P's! So true!  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #548 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Hello.

Leeds Leeds LEEEEEEDSS

sorry had to gt that outta my system.

So yeah welcome to void you guys and listen to the chunk man he speaks da TROOF
You know of Leeds? Awesome.

Looking at your profile i see you are from yorkshirem it's about time more people from yorkshire were around.

Also thanks to chunkplex, that is the reason i joined up to the forum before submitting, i would rather get to know you guys get your advice and everything before attempting to submit a character.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2006, 10:06 AM by Enef »

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #549 on: Mar 23, 2006, 11:00 AM »
You know of Leeds? Awesome.
Im from leeds man XD

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

284 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 282.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us