INTRODUCE YOURSELF

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Welcome to Void, fate has brought us yet another.

Don't you love the chance encounters? ^_^  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #351 on: Jun 15, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Hello--my name's Nate, but there are the few random-ass people who call me Anonymooo, Anon, or Mooo--here's hoping nobody here knows me from Gaia.

I'm 22, and I've been drawing for some time--but never quite like this.  A friend of mine showed me this site (he discovered it randomly surfing DeviantArt), so I thought I'd take a whack at it.

I've had experience drawing decals and album covers for friends' bands, in addition to my own personal comic art, and caricatures at school festivals.  I'm currently looking into tattoo design, since that looks like a very interesting and inventive field.

Career-wise, I'm actually looking for a long-term retail managing gig (no, seriously) because I love working with people as a whole.  Yeah, people can be dumb, but that just makes it easier to sell stuff to 'em.  Comics are a hobby that I'd like to develop for self-publishing--y'know, selling at cons and the like--and maybe work somewhere from there.

Hope to match fists with a lot of you folks here on the Void.  ^_^  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #352 on: Jun 16, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Greetings, I am John.

I found this site when I was on Deviant Art, and saw some of Spike's work, which I love! So I added him to my deviant watch, and he mentioned the void forums in one of his journal entries or something, so that's how I found this site.

I just turned 17, and I don't have a job right now-I got fired, but I used to work as the stock boy at white hen. I live in Batavia, Illinois. I've been drawing my whole life, except for the last few years. I suppressed my artistic skills thinking they'd make me a starving artist and that I should be a computer nerd instead, and become a computer master (because I saw some movie with a robot in it). But I realized drawing robots is a lot cooler than programming them, so I'm back into drawing and loving it.

Drawing comics is very new to me, I've only been doing it for like 2 weeks because I had a cool idea for a comic. What I used to draw is super old wrinkley people, and mutants (huge ears, forked tongues, gigantic mouths, twirly mustaches, osterich eyes), and machinery (robots, factories, death machines, super computers, torture devices (one of my friends was into that morbid stuff and couldn't draw them himself)).

This site is great. So much talent, I'm very addicted and I can't imagine why all these talented people aren't super rich or anything, while the people who make the simpsons just draw something easy and it makes them buttloads of money.

I guess effort doesn't equal money....

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #353 on: Jun 16, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Hello everyone. 8D. I'm Chase in real live, but online im Ichiga or Spekx. I'm fifteen years old, have six different colors of hair and I think cosplaying is neat. My hobbies include killing shit, drawing and pissing people off. weeee. I came to void when I saw an artist that I reeeeally liked at the time (Luniara) come here, but that was a way super long time ago, where I thought I'd never be better than what I was then, and now I am.
I'm addicted to Coke and I don't sleep much, I love the internet and my laptop is my life.

And I have no friends at school. :[

they only want you when you're seventeen.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #354 on: Jun 23, 2005, 07:47 AM »
Greetings! I've been lurking here for a couple days, just scanning over the various threads and whatnot. Finally decided I should make an account or something. Anyway... I heard of this place many a moon ago from Kura, but didn't really pay much attention at the time. Hearing a few other people talking about it recently sort of sparked my interest again so I thought I'd check things out. I've been looking for something to help me get back into my artistic "groove" so to speak for awhile now, and this certainly seems like the right place. I'll see how quickly I can get a submission whipped up for the lot of ya. Peace out till then.

PS: Laughing Bowser smiley = Greatest thing ever. :lol:  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #355 on: Jun 23, 2005, 10:37 AM »
oh dude,  It's totally great you are here.  I'm like jumping up and down from my seat seriously. :squid:  
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2005, 10:37 AM by Kura X »

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #356 on: Jun 23, 2005, 10:49 AM »
~laughing~ I seriously can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not there man. I dunno, maybe it's the squid...

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #357 on: Jun 23, 2005, 10:20 PM »
i blame my lack of sleep at that moment.  I just woke up when i typed that.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #358 on: Jun 23, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Same here. I'd stayed up about 2hrs longer than I should have at that point working on a pic to submit and get some opinions. Then worked on it for another two hours after that. :o  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #359 on: Jul 03, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Hi I left but now I'm back. SO YEAH. I don't have a character design at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get somethin' here soon... I just wanted to shove my stupid foot in the door.

HELLO.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #360 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:43 PM »
I was told all about you guys from a show goer at Anime Expo 05. Wow, that might sound bad, but hold up...

I was really interested in the character battle aspect of the site and after seeing the different areas void covers (tutorials, development, critique, et al.) I KNOW I'm gonna dig it here.

A little about myself:

Name's Kevin Cameron. Drawing since a kid but never had formal training until college. Currently finishing up my illustration major at CSULB and working as a graphic designer. Design is nice - drawing is better. MUCH BETTER. All I care about is getting better at drawing - ego be damned. I love knowing what is wrong with my work over anything else, that way I can refine and improve.

I sold some artwork at AX this year and got a lot of good feedback and met a lot of other cool artist. Followed a link from Daniel Stone's site and here I am!  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #361 on: Jul 04, 2005, 06:24 PM »
sweet! my flyer campaign actually worked!!

Welcome to Void, man. :thumbsup:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #362 on: Jul 07, 2005, 02:20 PM »
the names J, dropped by cuz someone told me about this place using the words "pit fighting for artists" and i've lost the will to draw (art college can do that to ya), so i've come here to A) kickass or B) have my fingers crushed and never draw again ...(i hope its both)... in any case, i look forward to much asskickery (from and to me)

as for my past; i've been published a few times, ive worked for Dreamwave for about 2 years, im currently at Sheridan taking Animation... i tend to draw slow but i'll do my best to keep up with u mofosHOLYSHITTHERESA :lol: EMOTICON~!!! and participate in as many battles as i can

oh yes, and life drawing is the mutherfuckin shit, ur not an artist unless u know how to lifedraw...from life

:lol:  
its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #363 on: Jul 11, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Hey, the names Jay im 20 years old

im a self tought animator just had alook around n see alot of talented ppl out there.

Im currently making a cartoon which im iching to show you all once its ready it'll b on dvd n hopfully on ch4 if they accept it.

Im from the Uk (United Kingdom)

Im looking to improve my drawing stills maybe we can learn alittle from eachother.

heres one of my drawings

www.freewebs.com/rtltd/angel.jpg
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2005, 01:42 PM by JayReality »
Har Har i cants drew for shit... scribble is the best kinda art

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #364 on: Jul 11, 2005, 01:51 PM »
HAY GUYS WUTS GOIN ON IN THIS FORUM?!

I'm Snapped Chopstick.  You can call me Chopstick.

OR SNAPPY... IF YOU MUST.

[size=8]But I might kill you for that.  Just warning. [/size]
Come, bathe in the healing light of my cock.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #365 on: Jul 12, 2005, 02:36 PM »
hello
my name is Markus Brett, i am 19 years old and i am from Germany.
i am studying graphic design for 2 years now, but i never lost my interest in comics.
so as i heard about VOID i imediatelly came here. but i still need to get a fighter submitted, time is short on my hands right now.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #366 on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Hey, name's Anthony but most people called me Pig (s'a long story)

I'm 19 and from the UK, i've been floating around Void for a while watching fights and stuff, and thought i'd give it a bsh!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #367 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I have been inducted into the forum, and am now very, very aware of how little I belong here. But i'm staying, sukas. So... deal. Or... beat me out with brownie mittens. Or something.
Whatever it is you crazies do here.

Really though, I wouldn't have joined if I weren't absolutely impressed with the consistently high quality of art and peoples on this little board-y thing. So uh... Even if you eat me for me cretin-ishness, I shall still make a point of it to wander the art boards making ghosty moany sounds.

To sum up: Hi. :D
[size=8]not cruel enough to be cool, not cool enough to be cruel[/size]

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #368 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:25 PM »
fressssh meeeat.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #369 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:25 PM »
FISH.

FISH.

FISH.

FISH.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #370 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:51 PM »
*_* Do my ears disturb me, or do I hear zombies...?

God i'm hopeful. *crosses fingers*

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #371 on: Jul 14, 2005, 07:29 PM »
You know there will always be good people at every board you're at?

That's the part where you go to the "k i create charactr look PLZ" threads

+10 SELF ESTEEM POINTS.
they only want you when you're seventeen.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #372 on: Jul 14, 2005, 07:43 PM »
this place is full of zombies.

mmmmm.  brains.

killing the enemy with cuteness

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #373 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:03 PM »
You know there will always be good people at every board you're at?

That's the part where you go to the "k i create charactr look PLZ" threads

+10 SELF ESTEEM POINTS.
... I didn't understand a word of that. But I did remember that I forgot to introduce myself. Whoops.

I'm 15, female, and living in a swanky, isolated hick town in Montana. I've been drawing seriously for about seven years but only aware of art for about four. So. My DA is http://eyestrain.deviantart.com . I like strawberries, and drawing dog's heads (even though there aren't many- if any- in my gallery), anthros, people with pointy ears, ect. I also like pirates, ninjas, manly men, the undead, or any combination of the former. I have a mild hand and foot fetish.

I often cannot think of anything to say, as is the case now. I kind of suck, but I'm hoping it's only the temporary disease of youth and humanity. If not... I should like to grow up to be a vaccum cleaner.

Nice to meet you all, and yoroshiku and all that.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #374 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:58 PM »
You're not bad for your age, truly.  Better than I was at 15 years of age, for sure.

Please, if you wish to fight, then by all means let's see what you can come up with.  Post some stuff in the incomplete/ complete works sections... or better yet, show us some character ideas in the Incubator.

Don't be shy, now. ^_^  

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

313 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us