Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1800 on: Feb 07, 2016, 08:54 AM »
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1801 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:48 PM »
It's a bay area invasion! I APPROVE

« Reply #1802 on: Feb 09, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Well my introduction was lame-ass so i'm remaking it.
Hi, i'm Radji, and i'm an amator comics artist and a student at ESMI, Comics and graphism school. I lives in Bordeaux, France.
I have a deviantart, a tumblr  and.... that's all he he
I'm a major comics enthusiast and a compulsive collector. I pretty much began to draw and read comics at age 5 thanks to our god.... THE BATMAN !
But i mainly read the comics from Label 619 and dc/marvel. I also watch every thing Cartoon Network has to offer. ..... Except Terrence and the talking pizza. I HATE them. And let's not forget the disneys ^^
... Well i think that's all .

« Reply #1803 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:22 PM »
AYYYYYYYY hi thank you all for the warm welcomes! <3

I'm terrible about peer pressure so my friends have been dragging me back into vidyagames more but I'll work harder at being a regular here!!

ps thanks to Kozi I'm always lurking in the Discord channel!
/////////////// ADDARK does
what NINTENDON'T ////////

« Reply #1804 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Welcome again, Radji! I love having you around and hope you keep it going!

Addark, I feel you on playing video games instead of drawing! VOID is a great place to give you some positive peer pressure to draw, so welcome and we'll do our best to make you feel guilty if you don't keep drawing ;)

« Reply #1805 on: Feb 15, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Hi!!!!
So I just checked my email for the first time this month and saw a message from Kozispoon who proceeded on greeting me with a warm hello! Per your request, I am disengaging lurk-mode for the moment to introduce myself!

Hello, all! I have no idea what to say so I am just going to ramble on about stuff.

I always loved drawing since I was a kid, but, I was never good at it. Drawing first came into my life after buying a Street Fighter 2 strategy guide that had amazingly cool art in it so I would grab that guide and look at the art and draw it myself. Then I picked up the Mortal Kombat 1 guide (dating myself here) I had as well and proceeded to do the same. I guess that really stuck with me because it is very difficult for me to draw something just out of my head. It's only "good" if I'm looking at it. My head will imagine these things but my hands are like "lol nope."

Any who, I am a big fan of all of you in this website. I look at it on a daily basis and the talent here is just jaw-droppingly spectacular. You should all be proud of yourselves!

So, I still draw here and there and lately I've been working on coming up with a superhero. My friends, who both are in this website, are trying to convince me to stick a character in the Incubator but I am very very hesitant because they are not great, and I draw with pencil on lined paper lol.

Other than that... I currently reside in Texas and work 40 hours a week for a Mental health organization. about 25 of those 40 hours are spent lurking in these forums lol.

Welp, time for me to go back into the shadows! /bye :D

« Reply #1806 on: Feb 15, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Welcome to Void!! Don't lurk in the shadows! Hangout in the sun with us! ;D

Feel free to pop into our Discord chatroom (that goes to all newcomers)! We'd love to get to know you more :)

« Reply #1807 on: Feb 16, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I would like to second Hats' invitation to join the chat! I even finally added a link in the main menu at the top of the page just for you! <3

« Reply #1808 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:02 AM »
Well, figured it'd come to this eventually. I've been lurking in the shadows for far too long now, the time has come to punch my inhibitions right in the face! Well, here we go....

Hey everyone my name's ZigZagaroo, I'm an amateur digital/traditional artist who's currently unemployed and attending no colleges at the moment (so needless to say my situation is pretty shit). I've been drawing ever since I was a kid, I'd spend hours each day doodling in my notebook whatever came up in my little noggin of mine. However as time went on I slowly slipped away from it, mostly because too often than not I kept comparing my work to more talented artists which discouraged me into dropping my ambitions. It wasn't until my later years in high school I decided not only to get back to drawing but to make it a profession.

Besides lacking any skill or "talent", I feel the thing thats hindering me the most as an artist is my extreme lack of motivation. Theres so much I want to improve on and so much I want to learn, but most of the time I just don't feel up to it to doing any of that. Which is why I'm hoping through Void I can overcome this sense of laziness and become more productive.

I'm planning to submit a character sometime soon but until then thanks for reading and wish me luck!

« Reply #1809 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Glad to have you among us.

And not to worry. We are all in various states of trying to not be lazy.

You'll fit right in. :)

Welcome to the Void!

« Reply #1810 on: Feb 25, 2016, 09:45 PM »
Hey what's up everybody, my name is Dray! A silly college student from the heart of the Bay Area who loves to draw. I've always loved drawing comics and making people laugh and collaborate ever since I was a little kid. It's how I've made friends growing up. I found out about this site by a student who noticed my sketches, and recommended I upload them here. I can't believe all these years I never heard of this site so I just had to tell my other comic buddies about it. I look forward supporting you guys and I hope you enjoy the work I produce.

I love watching cartoons of all kinds, breaking them down frame by frame and searching history about how they were developed and sharing my personal opinions about them. I'm starting to check out more of the anime/manga community and see if I can apply them to my own work. As much as I like writing comics, I don't read them so often. A lot of my books are more about comics such as Scott McCloud Understanding comics series.

I'm currently working on multiple projects at once big and small, with and/or without friends so in the meantime, why not share some of my ideas here with a community that has the same interests as me!

Bruh you and Jesus need to put some shit up like right now!

« Reply #1811 on: Feb 27, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Welcome to all the new people! Seems like we have had quite a few lately, so I can't wait to see what you all come up with :>

« Reply #1812 on: Feb 27, 2016, 11:25 PM »
I suppose it's time to introduce myself.

My name is Scott, though online I usually go by some variation of "Oberon The Goat" (OberonTheGoat, OberonGoat, I think there's an "OberGoat" somewhere.) I used to go by Sukotto, so if you see someone call me "Suko" that's why.

I've been drawing comics since early middle school and all through high school. While in High School I had a (terrible) comic strip published in the local paper that went on going for about 2 1/2 years before the idea well ran completely dry. After high school I discovered web comics and wanted in on that action like you wouldn't believe.

A buddy and I decided to start one called Random Stupidity, and it had the oh-so-original premise of two college age gamer dudes and their daily adventures. It was bad and we did not have the drive to update on any sort of regular schedule.

After that I went to college for game design. 3 times, and never graduated. I have always regretted that. A few years after that I got hit with really bad anxiety and pretty much gave up on art, save for the occasional doodle, for a few years.

About a year ago something clicked, I felt the drive again, the dream of having my own webcomic came surging back, and ever since then I have been pushing myself to draw all the time. Back in August I started posting rough pages for my currently in development web comic to various social media and Shen, who is an old friend of mine from high school, saw them and pointed me towards this site, and because I'm such a great friend I waited 6ish months before finally really checking it out. (Sorry Shen.)

The first night I decided to really look into this site I stayed up until about 4AM reading all of your awesome comics and said to myself "I need to be a part of this awesome community!"

So here we are, my character is currently in the incubator but I think I'm making good progress with him.

Also, I play a lot of video games, like, a lot. Some of my current favorites are World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros (Mains: Sonic, Ryu, Cloud, Mewtwo, Bowser.), Pokemon (finally getting through Y), and Overwatch (I got into the beta stress test weekend and fell in love, but Blizzard hasn't sent me an invite into the regular beta yet and it has given me the sads.) and some of my all time favorite games also include games like Chrono Trigger, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Shining Force 2, Skies of Arcadia, Final Fantasy 6, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Even though I'm a filthy casual), and there will forever be a void in my soul left by Phantasy Star Online.

« Reply #1813 on: Feb 28, 2016, 08:33 PM »
EEEEEEE I got Scott to join Void, i'm so excited!! Drawin comics of our OCs like back in high school, man lets try and get Gil too XD WELCOME!!

« Reply #1814 on: Feb 29, 2016, 12:12 AM »
You said the magic words "Phantasy Star Online". Welcome!!

« Reply #1815 on: Mar 05, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Whattup, peeps!  I happened upon this site after happening upon Charlie's awesome Deviantart page.  I have a deviantart, but it's been inactive because I just couldn't get motivated to make anything for years.  That is, until I found this place, and inspiration awakened my artistic side once again.

Anyways, my avatar is a tough-guy crocodile, but in reality I'm a scrawny 29yr old Japanese dude often mistaken for a teenager.  I'm a scalie/furry, but not gay nor into other weird fetishes.  I love fighting games, anime, and animation in general.  I'd like to develop my skills and become a badass comic artist, but I mostly just want to make some friends and make art together.  I really hope this community is alive and well, because I wouldn't know where else I can find this level of collaboration, creativity, and talent.

« Reply #1816 on: Mar 05, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Welcome to Void 😁😁😁

« Reply #1817 on: Mar 05, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Thanks, Hatperson!  By the way, there was a scarmaggedon thing that was started recently but locked down.  Anyone know what's going on with that?  Is there some other event going on at the moment?

« Reply #1818 on: Mar 05, 2016, 09:15 PM »
Welcome aboard the cray cray train, Crocostyle!

Glad to see you've shown an interest in the tag scarmaggedon. It has been taken down, but should be back at a later time.

« Reply #1819 on: Mar 09, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Oh cool! I am glad you like my stuff :)! Enjoy your time here can't wait to see what you do!

« Reply #1820 on: Mar 09, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Thanks guys.^^ I'll do my best not to disappoint!

« Reply #1821 on: Mar 24, 2016, 03:26 PM »
Hi, everybody! I'm QuantumZack, or just Zack. I'm super excited to be making comics for entervoid, and I hope to have a character ready to pop into the Incubator soon. I'm a professional high school student, and amateur webcomic artist. I've loved art since I was little, and I make comics to the horror/delight/confusion of the people around me. So, yup! Time for comic makin'! Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to battling, competing, and other, uh, comic related things, I s'pose.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2016, 03:38 PM by QuantumZack »

« Reply #1822 on: Mar 24, 2016, 03:35 PM »
@ Crocostyle, QuantumZack
welcome OH my jollies Welcome ! Welcome to mayhem !

« Reply #1823 on: Mar 24, 2016, 03:39 PM »
[member=21068]Radji[/member], thanks!

DALE TRON ZERO
« Reply #1824 on: Apr 30, 2016, 03:23 PM »
VOID WALKERS!

I am Dale, I'm an American. I've finally started writing a comic and upload its art by crude means(even though I have scanner access), intentionally sacrificing quality of the original in order to have incentive for print sales.(I use tiny scanner on my iphone 6 so quality isnt completly sacrificed if you like this idea). I'm an analogue artist, and that's the end of it; My art starts and finishes on a physical medium, where there is no room for complaisant strokes with the ease of mind knowing the simplicity of correcting a mistake digitally. I ink the same page I pencil, I have a pride in this unforgiving technique.

I'm from the southwest and I've found myself here with my search for an active criticizing community that fits what what I'm looking for. Ive searched lists upon lists the past two weeks and stumbled upon void. Underdogs, the webcomic list, comicfury, comicrocket ect ect. The majority of these community appears to be various elitist clique's revolving around furries and smut art or mindless SELF PROMOTION of generally sub-par(mediocre at best) visual story telling abilities with a feeble attempt to mask this fundamental flaw with too much time digitally editing, in the streets where the ruffians play war games with art we make sure these people go back to the black book.

I'm too familiar with the ideas of the battling art, growing up heavily involved in its grasp. I really hope to find my creative comic community here, because the concept of the void arena is really calling my name. However different the reality of the rabbit hole may actually become, I hope its half as satisfying as I vision.

Modern entertainment subculture all stems and roots from AMERICA. No matter what your pretend your distaste for America is, ether its our arrogance or our foreign affairs, youre really just kidding yourself about your jealousy.

What, you wanna fight about it? ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 03:25 PM by daletronzero »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

297 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us