INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1600 on: Jan 19, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Hey, I'm racoon, I found out about this site after seeing Monica Ray's character design. I've been lurking a while, intimidated by the standard of the site haha. I'm a learning artist (just starting art a-level), I can use pens and pencils (and love oil paint,not too good for comics though) and I'd like to develop some experience at digital art. I'm a Londoner, trying to improve art all round and especially my ability to draw characters in context. At the moment I'm working on my character submission, hannah Indianna. My favourite comics are vagabond, blame! and watchmen. Good to meet you all :) .

« Reply #1601 on: Jan 19, 2014, 01:31 PM »

Welcome aboard- and mad respect for being intimidated, but posting that incubator post like a BOSS! I also dig Watchmen until I saw the movie. Too much pretentious blue butt. :P

« Reply #1602 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:07 PM »
hello there, a friend of mine told me to check out this site so here i am. I looked around yesterday and still am not to sure on what really going on lol. But the comics looks awesome and i want in. I draw the comics for my college paper so i hope to just improve my skills. Other than that idk what else to say.

« Reply #1603 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:29 PM »
 That's awesome, welcome to void dude. If you're having trouble with the site, there's the FAQ, or you can post iiiin this thread http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=11260.0 , or you can always message the mods directly if you need some help.

It's awesome you already have comic expeirance dude, and published stuff! That sounds so wonderful ;_;. I can't wait to see what you make.

« Reply #1604 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Welcome to Void! More comics are always welcome.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1605 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Yo!  I'm Van, I'm 24, and I was pointed in this direction by one of my underlings *cackle*.  I currently have a webcomic going, but I think I need something else to work on so I'm not just focused on that particular story all the time (it's sort of dark, doesn't take me to a good headspace, y'know).  So yeah, here I am.  Anyone who know's me in person knows me as Sam *waves to the people*

« Reply #1606 on: Jan 31, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Welcome to our little corner of the internet, Van!

It's always great to see new people showing an interest in the site. Can we get a link to your webcomic?
Also, whenever you have something to show us for a character, go ahead and make your own thread in the INCUBATOR part on the forum.

Once again, welcome, and we can't wait to see some of your stuff!
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #1607 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Oh yeah!  Link to my thingy: http://tapastic.com/episode/28692  (the typical artist-low-self-esteme-blah-blah makes me forget that people might want to see it XD)  The sight I'm hosted on uses a vertical format that looks more natural on iOS (like tablets and things).  It's takes a little getting used to on a computer, but I generally find it more convenient. 

I only have one little chunk of it up right now, working on the next little chunk right now, but like I say.. I need something else to work on along side it so I don't go to the dark place O_O

« Reply #1608 on: Feb 09, 2014, 10:02 AM »
Hmm. Well I guess I should introduce m'self.

Hi ya'll, the name's AndrossTheTraitor, and contrary to my name, I am not a Traitor. But if you screw me over, I'll screw YOU over.

Anyway, I found out about EV a long time ago in the weird and forgotten year of 2012 via Kozispoon on DA (my DA is Peelman btw). Then I kinda just forgot about it all until this morning, when some anon came onto my Tumblr and said that I should make an character for it! SO. 'ere I am. Yep...

About me: Uh, I'm a gamer. I like to play mainly retro and fighting games at the moment. On a related note, I'm trying to start up a YT gaming channel, but it won't take off till I build a custom-ish comp...MOVING ON (Man I nailed that segway).

I'm a fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which is without a doubt the best work of literature and art EVER CONCEIVED BY MAN. And I RP alot, been doing so since late 2012. So I guess you can say I've got some writing experience, which I would like to put to use on here with a character I'm thinkin' of. But you know the rules: You gotta art if y'wanna play. Oh well...I am open to collaborating though! So feel free to contact me about that! :)

Though, I'm pretty good at making logos in PS!

Annnnnd, that's pretty much it...Any questions?
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014, 02:42 PM by AndrossTheTraitor »

« Reply #1609 on: Feb 09, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Welcome to VOID!

« Reply #1610 on: Feb 09, 2014, 02:13 PM »
I just started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because you recommended it.
I've been reading it for the past few hours and its fucking wicked! Thanks.
Welcome to Void.

« Reply #1611 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:50 PM »
I just started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because you recommended it.
I've been reading it for the past few hours and its fucking wicked! Thanks.
Welcome to Void.

Wait what!?! You actually got into JJBA because of me?? Awesome! Y'know, that was actually one of my New Year's Resolutions!: Get someone into the fabulousness that is JoJo! And trust me, it gets more wicked in the later Parts! And then the 2012 anime! Ohhhh nelly! You're gonna love it!

Heh, and speakin' of JoJo, I'm actually working on a JoJo-esque character. And by that, I mean I'm making a tall, evil muscle man who poses alot! And dresses in a rather dapper manner :P

And of course, thanks for the Welcome!
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014, 06:55 PM by AndrossTheTraitor »

« Reply #1612 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Oh hey there, fellow JoJo fan!

We over at entervoid dot com are massive fans of Hirohiko Araki--just look at JongBom's work, or the tag team battle I did with Coatl a while back, or any thread where someone just happens to mention that comic (because then you cannot get me/will duel/coatl/etc to shut up about it.)

JoeNeary, what part are you reading from? Technically you can start at any part, but Parts 1-3 kind of tie into each other thematically so you have to read em all after the other.

AndrossTheTraitor, I see you're a writer, not so much an artist. Are you looking for a specific artist to team up with, or would you be more interested in working with a different person on a battle by battle basis?

Because I might be interested. 8 U I haven't submitted a comic here in a while, but here's a link  to my more recent comic work : http://dapshow.com/mzero/

ALSO just as a friendly warning, if you do make a Dio Brando/DIO clone character you will have a bunch of us jump down your neck for doing so (we know our JoJo really well), so make sure to not take too many nods from him!

« Reply #1613 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:15 AM »
Andross:
Ye, its cool. Well done on fulfiling on of your Resolutions, it wasn't even that hard! Thats one of the great things about Void though, it introduces you to lots of new things.
Good luck on character creation, but as TofuBeast says, make him unique.

TofuBeast:
Funny that I'd never picked up on "Jojo" before. I am reading from what I assume is the very beginning with Chapter 1. Its where he starts as a boy. Dio comes to the house, the dog incident, the mask etc...
Is that the beginning then?

« Reply #1614 on: Feb 14, 2014, 12:48 AM »
Harro! Just joined a few mins ago :3
Been somewhat stalking the entervoid chat for a while. Just thought to join. I'm not too much of a comic person, but I love to doodle when I get inspired ^^

Likes: Manga, Anime, Music, Food, Sleeping, Video Games, Collect Artbooks, the color green (and sometimes purple too!)
Dislikes: Being told this, but ends up being something else >.> , drives me nuts of you waggle your index finger and I don't understand why I get the urge to do something not nice.
Favorite Characters, Willy Wonka, Dr Black Jack, Fuu Hououji

That's it so far...

« Reply #1615 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:52 AM »
Ah yes -- Thought I saw you on chat before! Welcome Rainbow Ichi! (Also VanDorn and Andross!)

« Reply #1616 on: Feb 25, 2014, 03:47 PM »
Hello!

I figured I'd post here, and introduce myself a bit!

I am just a simple Canadian girl that is still trying to find a place for herself in this big world. I just recently graduated high school and hope to decide on what I want to go to school for.

I have been lurking around this community without an account for a little bit, I was introduced to this site by following Angie on their tumblr! I've had the dream of being a graphic novelist since grade 3, when I started becoming aware of fancy art books and comics! My main inspirations have always been cartoons and old anime. Most recently I've found myself becoming much more inspired by Japanese guro art and other cultural fashions. For as long as I've remembered being aware of art communities on the net I've been creating 'OCs' and 'sonas'; some more memorable than others. I mainly strive for character diversity in my art. There is nothing better than making every character I make or passively doodle unique in some way.

I have much different aspirations for myself at the moment, I never quite know where I want to go with my art. But I am striving to be the best as I can be with my art, hoping to have a career with it.

I hope to eventually come up with a character for this site and participate in this very interesting and artistically helpful environment!

(TL;DR: HI IM DEMONSTA AND I WANT TO BE FRENZ)

« Reply #1617 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:12 PM »
(TL;DR: HI IM DEMONSTA AND I WANT TO BE FRENZ)
LES BE FRENZ!!! :D

I hope we get to see some art from you soon in the Incubator or GO FOR BROKE!

« Reply #1618 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:20 PM »
LES BE FRENZ!!! :D

I hope we get to see some art from you soon in the Incubator or GO FOR BROKE!

I am thinking of starting a 'GFB' thread, just to pump out concepts and get some help with a character idea. I have a theme in my head for the character... but its now just putting it on paper. Haha.

« Reply #1619 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Welcome to Void dude, and you most def should! After you're coolawesome art in the catgirl jam, I totally wanna see more of it! You should go post your tumblr in the tumblr thread too, so we can all follow you!

« Reply #1620 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:35 PM »
Oh a fellow canuck, too! The numbers will soon rise hahaha

« Reply #1621 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Welcome to Void dude, and you most def should! After you're coolawesome art in the catgirl jam, I totally wanna see more of it! You should go post your tumblr in the tumblr thread too, so we can all follow you!

Oh a fellow canuck, too! The numbers will soon rise hahaha

Hello to both of you! ( ยด ▽ ` )ノ
And thank you so much for the welcome! I am very happy you like that silly doodle ( / u \ )
I have also posted both my tumblrs to the tumblr forum!

« Reply #1622 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Oh hey there, fellow JoJo fan!

We over at entervoid dot com are massive fans of Hirohiko Araki--just look at JongBom's work, or the tag team battle I did with Coatl a while back, or any thread where someone just happens to mention that comic (because then you cannot get me/will duel/coatl/etc to shut up about it.)

JoeNeary, what part are you reading from? Technically you can start at any part, but Parts 1-3 kind of tie into each other thematically so you have to read em all after the other.

AndrossTheTraitor, I see you're a writer, not so much an artist. Are you looking for a specific artist to team up with, or would you be more interested in working with a different person on a battle by battle basis?

Because I might be interested. 8 U I haven't submitted a comic here in a while, but here's a link  to my more recent comic work : http://dapshow.com/mzero/

ALSO just as a friendly warning, if you do make a Dio Brando/DIO clone character you will have a bunch of us jump down your neck for doing so (we know our JoJo really well), so make sure to not take too many nods from him!

@Tofuman, well to be honest, I'm not looking for a specific art style. Really, I'll work with anyone as long as they're down to work with me! I'm not a picky guy! :) So hey, if you wanna work together, let's get to talking!

And don't you worry. I'm not making a DIO clone. I'm really taking my time with this one!

Oh! And sorry for the late response. College and real life and stuff!

« Reply #1623 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Oh hey, Don't think I've seen you before, my bad!

Welcome to void! Looking forward to seeing your art soon :D

« Reply #1624 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Why hello everyone i am a druggy loser who goes by the name of Flex and i suck. But besides that i have been going through quite a lot lately insert multiple excuses here.... but who gives a shit cause i dont oh well just wanted to know what are the standing regulations on me creating a new character and go for broke thread?
i kick rocks.....professionally

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

229 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us