INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1575 on: Nov 20, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Where can I find this GIMP thing? Is it safe for laptops? And is it legal?

« Reply #1576 on: Nov 20, 2013, 05:26 PM »
http://www.gimp.org/, yes, and yes. :)

« Reply #1577 on: Nov 20, 2013, 07:15 PM »
So I just need to complete the things required to create a character and submit it?

« Reply #1578 on: Nov 20, 2013, 07:35 PM »
indeed. At least 2 pages introducing your character, a colored design sheet for your character, and a short bio. once you have all that, you can upload them and it will go to the Approval Committee.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #1579 on: Dec 01, 2013, 06:11 AM »
Hello. I found this site through DeviantArt. I am not very adept at drawing, but I work at it every day. I hope to participate some time in the future. Probably a few years :I

« Reply #1580 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Will it work if I draw a 50x50 image of the character, and scan it? Or do I have to use image-editing software for the avatar pic?

« Reply #1581 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:06 PM »
You can scan a small drawing but you're going to have to edit it in some way to get the head shot to be the correct size.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1582 on: Dec 03, 2013, 03:22 AM »
you can also download Firealpaca, its a free digital art program, its not as fancy as Photoshop but its easier to figure out and its got a nice line smoother and a bangin' perspective tool

« Reply #1583 on: Dec 24, 2013, 09:26 AM »
I have a minor setback. I have to re-scan the ref sheet and the intro comic.  I at least have the avatar ready. I'll upload it now to give you guys a preview.

here's a larger version.

« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2013, 09:46 AM by ultraman400 »

« Reply #1584 on: Jan 01, 2014, 12:27 PM »
Ohhh I didn't know this was here xD
I already met a few of you through the Incubator, and my comic is all submitted now, but hello anyways!
I'm Rob.
I'm from Canada Land.
I'll be 29 on Jan.22, and it makes me feel a bit old to say that  xD
I've never done art school, but my big brother is a cartoon animator and he taught me some stuff. Though his art is more cartoony style.
I write scripts- movies and tv and miniseries and that sort of thing. My only published claim to fame is the fact that I worked on a reality show for some time, back when I was living in Vancouver.
At some time in the future, I'll be moving to Los Angeles to do writing stuff.
IDK. I'm sort of boring  xD
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #1585 on: Jan 05, 2014, 12:59 PM »
I love that the latest post here is from a newcomer who is already approved, has an intro comic and is already in the throws of heated comicky battle- so proud!

« Reply #1586 on: Jan 05, 2014, 01:03 PM »
That's how it should be!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1587 on: Jan 05, 2014, 02:03 PM »
Hi!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm Shooty. :D
I found you guys by stalking Rob :P
I found this thread via Kosispoon's PM /(ouO)/
I came from my mother's womb.
I'm going ... to die? idk it's no fun predicting where you're going :P

Also, I

- like TitS (aka Trails in the Sky, you dirty, dirty people)
- hate people nothing
- am indifferent to a lot of things
- am human
- devour mortal flesh (What? I eat meat! Animals are mortals, right? bwahahahaha)
- am a moron genius
- think I'm better than you
- am very indecisive (or am i?)
- really like talking about deep, pretentious interesting stuff
- really dislike talking about uninteresting stuff
- nevertheless think interestingness is subjective

*spins around on wheelie chair*
Points are pointless, meaning is meaningless and I am pizzaless in an unforgiving world D:

« Reply #1588 on: Jan 05, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Welcome crapshoot! Do you come to us as an artist, or as a comics enthusiast? Either way, it's nice to have you!

« Reply #1589 on: Jan 05, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Ah, I've never drawn comics before, but I draw stuff so I'm gonna try my hand at making a character and battling people! :D
Points are pointless, meaning is meaningless and I am pizzaless in an unforgiving world D:

« Reply #1590 on: Jan 05, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Cool! Be sure to check out the Incubator as you work on your character! We'll rip you apart if you need it, but we'll make sure you become the great artist you want to be! :D

« Reply #1591 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:00 PM »
*nervously steps up*
Okay, might as well do this now.

Uh, hello. My name is Tyler, mostly go by Syraxis on the webs though.
I found entervoid by googling oct's, was looking for one quite desperately because I need some outside motivation to draw sometimes :l

I do have quite a lot of OC's, but I'm still in the process of finalizing their designs, references, and whatnot (I get weird with specific things about them). I would absolutely love doing a battle with someones characters, provided I get off my lazy fanny and upload mine >:c

UHHHHHH, things about me.. I eat food, sleep sometimes, and occasionally breath air. More specifically, I enjoy video games, anime, drawing (surprise surprise), have an unhealthy obsession with the band Muse, and I hope to get better at art by means of others validation (yeah, that's the way to do it.)

TOODLES! *runs off flapping arms*

« Reply #1592 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:21 PM »
I love that the latest post here is from a newcomer who is already approved, has an intro comic and is already in the throws of heated comicky battle- so proud!

ohhhh
And now I can add "VOIDer proud of me" to the list  :D
In the throws is a good way to describe it. 7 pages of lineart and only halfway through my script.
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #1593 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:15 AM »
I found entervoid by googling oct's, was looking for one quite desperately because I need some outside motivation to draw sometimes :l

Heyo hey Syraxis, and welcome aboard! It's so great a search for OCT's lead you here- who knew? Like Bobo said, be sure to give the incubator a good look-see to get your creative juices flowin'.Lots to do, and we're all rarin' to see whatcha got. Bring on the comics!

P.S. Glad you found your way, Crapshoot! Welcome to you too :D

« Reply #1594 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Welcome new people! If you have questions ask awaaaay~ :)

« Reply #1595 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:05 AM »
Um...hi?

Yeah I'm Byth1, and I uh, like to draw comics...:D. Heard about this place from a video and decided to check it out(looks pretty awesome so far). Right now I'm working on creating a character to submit, so I guess I'll hang the forums until I'm done.
"Insert inspiring quote here" -Famous Guy

« Reply #1596 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:28 AM »
Heyo hey! I'm sure you've already done so, but give the other Incubator entries a look see. Its how I picked up tips from other artists and implemented some self edits before submitting my fighter way back in the day.

Also- VOID is in a video?? no way! Which one and where can I see it?

« Reply #1597 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:39 AM »
Incubator, got it. I'll go check it out.

"Also- VOID is in a video?? no way! Which one and where can I see it?"

Well, A artist I like mentioned it one of his art vids (4:03 - 4:23)
"Insert inspiring quote here" -Famous Guy

« Reply #1598 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:11 AM »
Welcome! Jonathan is pretty awesome, you can see his old stuff here http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=profile;u=82
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1599 on: Jan 19, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Welcome Byth1!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

201 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 255.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us