INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1550 on: Jul 23, 2013, 09:49 PM »
 AWWW HELL YEAH DUDE! New York is where it's at, welcome to the site!

« Reply #1551 on: Jul 23, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Welcome HOYO :)

« Reply #1552 on: Jul 25, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I got so many ideas swimming around my head. I hope to have something up soon.

« Reply #1553 on: Jul 25, 2013, 04:57 PM »
That has to be one of the most badass names I have ever come across.

« Reply #1554 on: Jul 26, 2013, 12:58 PM »
Sorry for not introducing myself earlier.

My name is ultraman400, I currently have a character under construction. I hope that my character will be approved. I might be finished next month. I'll try to post my design sheet soon. And I'll try to get started on my intro story, if my character gets approved.

Till then, see you guys soon!

ultraman400

« Reply #1555 on: Jul 26, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Welcome Ultraman!

You'll need that Intro story before the council can approve the character, so show us what you have so far in the Incubator!
http://entervoid.com/index.php?board=12.0

Hope to see you in action soon! :))

« Reply #1556 on: Jul 28, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Hello! I'm Zachdewd! I just wanted to try out this cool little site out, the other site I was on had a pretty... childish community, and I was looking for people who were just a little bit more mature, I've already submitted my character so I hope I get to battle you guys soon!

« Reply #1557 on: Jul 29, 2013, 08:28 AM »
hello ultraman400 zachdewd

I hope ya'll have funs!

« Reply #1558 on: Jul 29, 2013, 07:01 PM »
the other site I was on had a pretty... childish community, and I was looking for people who were just a little bit more mature, I've already submitted my character so I hope I get to battle you guys soon!

Oh there are alternative websites like VOID out there? Or are you talking about Deviantart. I always like checking out competition, I used to be on a site alternate to VOID back in the day myself called War For Arcadia (now pretty much defunct under a different name).

Welcome!

« Reply #1559 on: Jul 29, 2013, 07:46 PM »
That has to be one of the most badass names I have ever come across.
I guess that was directed at me(I hope it was lol). Thanks ^__^

« Reply #1560 on: Jul 30, 2013, 03:45 PM »
Hello! I just found out about this site today and it seems really cool so far so I signed up. I'm looking to increase my drawing skills and get rid of my procrastination habits. I have a character in mind that I'll try posting to the Incubator once my intro comic is done. Hope to get battling soon!

« Reply #1561 on: Jul 30, 2013, 05:19 PM »
welcome to Void!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1562 on: Aug 06, 2013, 01:42 AM »
Hey theeeerrrre! Long-time lurker, I'mma actually do stuff this year. Primary purpose is to develop my characters/comics by actually drawing them.
"When a problem comes along, you must whip it" -Simon Belmont

« Reply #1563 on: Aug 06, 2013, 08:04 AM »
welcome! Can't wait to see some art!

« Reply #1564 on: Sep 22, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Hello!

I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled across Void City, but it's always nice to join an art community with a focus on constructive criticism and improvement. Anyway, I'm hoping to get back into doing some sequential art. I have a ton of half written stories and sketches for characters but rarely do they come to full fruition. I'd like to change that though, so i'll stick around and try to find some motivation for a few battles. If you're curious about me, you can find my art on tumblr and DA.

Nice to meet you. :3
"Start with a style and you are in chains, start with an idea and you are free."

« Reply #1565 on: Sep 22, 2013, 11:41 PM »
WELCOME!  :))

If you have some sketches ready you can always post some ideas for characters in the Incubator and get some feedback. I look forward to seeing them--your style intrigues me. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon

« Reply #1566 on: Sep 23, 2013, 12:08 AM »
Welcome to VOID!

« Reply #1567 on: Sep 27, 2013, 03:01 PM »
My character's ref sheet is done. I still need to finish the last page of his intro story. One question, is it OK to have the dialogue handwritten, or do I have to type it?

« Reply #1568 on: Sep 27, 2013, 03:25 PM »
  Of course not dude, that's totally your choice. If it's sloppy or hard to read, we'll ask you to redo it, but that's the same with any part of your intro comic. And handwritten text is totally awesome if you can do it well.

I can't wait to see it!

« Reply #1569 on: Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Thank you.

« Reply #1570 on: Sep 29, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Dude if your screenname includes Ultraman, it's gotta be dope.

« Reply #1571 on: Nov 20, 2013, 01:11 PM »
My character's intro story is complete. There is a little bit of color in it, but that's probably going to be as far as I'll go for color. I have a few questions. How can I upload the ref sheet and comic in the incubator? How do I make my character's avatar image?

« Reply #1572 on: Nov 20, 2013, 01:51 PM »
The best way to post images on the VOID forums is to use an external site like Flickr, Photobucket, or DeviantArt. Then, you just copy the url for the image and insert it in the post like this: [ img ] URL GOES HERE [ /img ] (just make sure to remove all the spaces).

As for the avatar image, it needs to be 50px by 50px. I would suggest saving an image of the character's face, then using whatever image editing software you have to crop it into a 50 x 50 box. Preview on Mac can do this, but if you are using Photoshop, that can do it as well.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #1573 on: Nov 20, 2013, 03:18 PM »
Like this?:

And I don't have any good image-editing software, I just have microsoft paint. How do i make one without photoshop? And I just have to finish everything else then post it all in the incubator and wait to see if he gets approved?

« Reply #1574 on: Nov 20, 2013, 04:22 PM »
I use imgur.com mostly, and that should hand you a forum sharing tag if you're a little confused. Bent's explanation is p good though.

You can always use GIMP, it's a free alternative to photoshop. You totally need some sort of proper image-editing software, even if you work traditionally.

The Incubator isn't where you get your character approved. It's a place to get feedback on new character related works-in-progress. If you don't think you need the advice, and you have all the proper stuff for submission, you can submit your character by going to "Characters" on the top bar there, and scrolling down to "Create a Character".

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

432 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 449.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us