INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1525 on: Jun 17, 2013, 10:28 AM »
h-hello everyone! i just found out about this site and i am already pumped the heck up to start fleshing out my character. i've been dabbling in webcomics for a while now so i only wish i had found out about it sooner. aside from that i'm an illustration student from new york who loves dead stuff and small japanese dogs. i want to be friends with you all.

Hello!! There are a bunch of New York Voiders, in the city & upstate! We've all met up a bunch of times at cons and stuff ... are you in NYC?
Can't wait to see your stuff!

« Reply #1526 on: Jun 19, 2013, 01:35 AM »
i am indeed in nyc! i go to nycc every year so that sounds promising. perhaps i will see you folks around.

« Reply #1527 on: Jun 19, 2013, 08:12 AM »
You should hang with us! I think we had at least 10 Voiders at one point all hanging out. We have a NYCC thread in the regionals section!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1528 on: Jun 21, 2013, 10:07 PM »
I'M BAAACK! (it's been 2 years?!) (I'm actually RE-introducing myself haha)

So I'm formally known as PigeonStar (my character is Sherry Pride) and I did only one battle on here. It's been a long time, but I'd love to come back and be active in this community! Really would love to do some battles so I can get back in the rhythm of doing comics! DX

« Reply #1529 on: Jun 21, 2013, 10:09 PM »
I remember you (and I still think your character is wicked cool). Welcome back!

« Reply #1530 on: Jun 21, 2013, 10:27 PM »
I remember you (and I still think your character is wicked cool). Welcome back!

Thankies! Glad to be back! :)

« Reply #1531 on: Jun 22, 2013, 08:08 AM »
I remember you! Welcome back!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1532 on: Jun 22, 2013, 08:37 AM »
I'M BAAACK! (it's been 2 years?!) (I'm actually RE-introducing myself haha)

So I'm formally known as PigeonStar (my character is Sherry Pride) and I did only one battle on here. It's been a long time, but I'd love to come back and be active in this community! Really would love to do some battles so I can get back in the rhythm of doing comics! DX

HOLY SHIT.

You were seriously one of my favorites, and I am SO EXCITED that you're back!!!!!

« Reply #1533 on: Jul 06, 2013, 12:10 PM »
I should introduce myself aaahaha

Hello, I'm Castle (some friends call me Shiva) and I'm an amateur comic artist, sometimes publishing online, sometimes offline, only as a local thing though. I'm an architecture student and I'm really passionate about folklore and myths and whatnot (Romanian folklore in particular wahaha) (70% of my stories feature Romanian folklore) (uhm) (yeah)

My main goal is to improve my speed when drawing and get better with dynamic scenes and fights, since I'm REALLY bad at them.

« Reply #1534 on: Jul 06, 2013, 12:12 PM »
I am behind anything that brings more FolkLore based works to the site. Rock on Castle, rock on.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #1535 on: Jul 06, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Aw man, Architecture. I'm dreaming of the super sweet settings you'll make. Welcome dude!

« Reply #1536 on: Jul 06, 2013, 12:24 PM »
I am behind anything that brings more FolkLore based works to the site. Rock on Castle, rock on.

Glad to hear that, I'm gonna have a blast trying new things while I'm at it.

Aw man, Architecture. I'm dreaming of the super sweet settings you'll make. Welcome dude!

I'm still in my first year but I hope I won't mess up too much hehe

« Reply #1537 on: Jul 06, 2013, 01:27 PM »
Welcome to Void! look forward to seeing your stuff.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1538 on: Jul 06, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Welcome Castle! :D

« Reply #1539 on: Jul 07, 2013, 10:26 PM »
HELLO i posted in the incubator already but i just found this bad boy so hi y'all~

my name's lauren, you can call me that i guess? obviously i love cats and comics, i don't really know. i'm not actually that interesting. i'm halfway through a bfa in illustration and i want to make comics professionally so i figured i should probably get faster/better, this is such a cool way to practice! i also work in a comic store so please talk to me about cool comics as much as you can.

fun fact: i have a tattoo of a botticelli painting

« Reply #1540 on: Jul 07, 2013, 10:28 PM »
Well liking cats is a bonus here.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1541 on: Jul 07, 2013, 10:32 PM »
i've noticed and it brings me great joy (as does your avatar)

« Reply #1542 on: Jul 09, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Hello out there! I guess this is my intro post. Or will be once I type it. Soon. I'm gonna do it. It's happening..right...nowHi my name is Ahmed. I'm an amateur artist just getting into comics. I'm not one of those kids who grew up with comics so I'm a bit of a dumdum in that area but I've been drawing since I was a little dude with sausage-like arms and have grown a fascination with this artform in the past year. I like music, occasionally playing guitar (like ass), and drawing of course (also sometimes like ass). I found this site after stumbling across that "Amo Jamon" comic and am psyched that a place like this exists. I'll see youse guys and lady-people around the forum and hopefully if my character gets approved we can cross swords--uh I mean touch butts. Errr that's not right. I meant battle, we can do battle..

« Reply #1543 on: Jul 09, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Welcome!
Haha whoa Amo Jamon!? I forgot about that comic! That dude created this site haha, but he isn't around much any more. I'm going to tell him that someone came to the site because of that comic, he's gunna be excited!

If you wanna post some of your current art you can make a thread in "GO FOR BROKE" or you can post up your character ideas in the Incubator. Let us know if you have any questions!!

« Reply #1544 on: Jul 09, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Ahmed, welcome! I knew nothing about comics when I joined, so you're not alone! I can't wait to see what you've got!

« Reply #1545 on: Jul 09, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Welcome to Void! It's never too late to start on comics!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1546 on: Jul 13, 2013, 03:51 PM »
My name's Ryan, Online I go by the name Ryu-Gi. I'm from the Bay Area, California, and I went to the Art Institute where I majored in Game Art and Design. Ended up leaving because the school insisted I take programming classes, which I honestly can't do to save my life. That was in 2010. Was in classes at a local community college for the longest time trying to get myself going. Only recently was able to get a job last month after not having one since 2007; Things are getting a little better now.

I'm taking medication for depression, because God knows how bad I can get sometimes, I tend to put myself down a lot.

I used to draw a lot. Every day if I could. I was a kid then. Now I'm 25, about to turn 26 and my will to draw has dropped to nothing. Feel really burnt. I still get inspiration all the time, it's just actually sitting down to draw is gone.

But I know I need to do this, I've got a cycle that I need to break. For myself, and because of a personal debt I owe to some people who were honestly the first real friends I'd ever made.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2013, 03:55 PM by Ryu-Gi »
Pardon me while I attempt to get off of my ass...

« Reply #1547 on: Jul 14, 2013, 07:02 PM »
If you drew before I'm sure you can get back into the groove again :)

Also welcome Ahmed and Catduchess :3

« Reply #1548 on: Jul 23, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Hey all!

My name is Mustafa. I'm a New York guy. This site looks great and I can't wait to get started. My friend seevah got me to join. This community looks awesome and I'm glad to be joining it.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 09:42 PM by HOYO »

« Reply #1549 on: Jul 23, 2013, 09:49 PM »
WOOOO MUSE im glad you joined!!!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

287 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us