INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1500 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Hi Nawhle! Welcome to void! :'D

« Reply #1501 on: Jun 03, 2013, 12:39 AM »
Welcome nawhle! It's nice to see more creepers coming out of the shadows and making characters \o/

VOID is the perfect place for becoming better with comics. Some day you might have your studio :)

If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #1502 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Heya
Kero here.

I've been a self taught artist from day one and I thoroughly enjoyed drawing comics and Sequential art for years;  but I mostly sidelined it to pursue traditional painting (sold a bunch of works too). But I really want to get back into Sequential art (only this time do it in a manner that no longer makes me cringe) and have been skulking around this site for about a year after noticing Charlie's constant advertising of the site and its misadventures on Deviant-art. Of course its always been an issue of time when getting to do stuff like this; still I want to get a character into the incubator by mid july..... Or something like that

To be fair I have been 'working' on a (terrible terrible)web-comic for the better part of four years. It currently sits in a pile of papers 2 inches high at the end of my desk and is unlikely to ever see the light of day. :D

« Reply #1503 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:39 AM »
Welcome!!! :D Can't wait until you post in the incubator!

« Reply #1504 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:47 AM »
 Welcome to void guys!

@Kerosene   It's awesome you've been working on comics before! We all have like 10,000 bad pages us, so it's best to just get that out of the way! When I joined void I hadn't done like any comics, so you're already ahead of the curve as far as I'm concerned!

@nawhle      "Too many stories to tell" Is a great place to be :)

« Reply #1505 on: Jun 03, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Some of you may have seen me on the Prettiest Princess threads, but I'm pretty new here myself.

I'm Aspen, I turn 22 tomorrow (yay!) and I just graduated from college. Right now, I'm just trying to find a regular job to earn me some money before I decide if I want to go to grad school and where I want to end up. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky, home of KFC and the Derby and all that whatnot. It's not a bad place to live, but there is nothing for me here Illustration-wise (I majored in Illustration, but I especially love comics, animation, and character design. Storyboarding is fun too).

I've known Zest since middle school, but a few years ago we recently started hanging out again and he told me about this site. It sounded super awesome, so I made an account, but I had no idea what sort of character I wanted to make, let alone the time to do it. So my account sat there for a few months. Now that I'm trying to turn out more work of my own for my portfolio, I have time to do stuff on here. Yay!

« Reply #1506 on: Jun 03, 2013, 08:04 AM »
Welcome to Void! Good to see more people from Louisville here
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1507 on: Jun 03, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Hello, people of Void!

You can call me Azza if you like.

I found this site nearly two weeks ago and was enthralled.

There are some very interesting characters on this site, like Mimi, Wizzie and Vivian.

The setting is quite interesting too, a city that's dark and seedy, yet kind of welcoming.

I'd love to create characters to live in Void City, but my art skills aren't that great. Maybe see what the rules are on collaborations...

For the record, I have characters for other things. Here's a link to one right here! (I didn't draw that)

« Reply #1508 on: Jun 04, 2013, 09:04 AM »
welcome to Void! Collaborations are allowed, you can set them up on the Jobs/Collaborations forum.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1509 on: Jun 05, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Hello, people of Void!

You can call me Azza if you like.

I found this site nearly two weeks ago and was enthralled.

There are some very interesting characters on this site, like Mimi, Wizzie and Vivian.

The setting is quite interesting too, a city that's dark and seedy, yet kind of welcoming.

I'd love to create characters to live in Void City, but my art skills aren't that great. Maybe see what the rules are on collaborations...

For the record, I have characters for other things. Here's a link to one right here! (I didn't draw that)

DUDE I have yet to meet you in person I think (I have met so many people lately it is hard to keep track and you might not be who I think you are anyway? I follow an Australian comic person with a similar username on Twitter, is that you?), but I'm Laura new-to-Squishface - it is pretty cool to see someone else from the local scene up in here (there are two other active members on here from Aus, plus Sheldon who pops in every once in a while). Hope you can submit something!

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2013, 09:24 AM by JETSTER »
sugoi

« Reply #1510 on: Jun 05, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Welcome to the Void Azza! It's lovely to have you! :D

« Reply #1511 on: Jun 05, 2013, 08:44 PM »

DUDE I have yet to meet you in person I think (I have met so many people lately it is hard to keep track and you might not be who I think you are anyway? I follow an Australian comic person with a similar username on Twitter, is that you?), but I'm Laura new-to-Squishface - it is pretty cool to see someone else from the local scene up in here (there are two other active members on here from Aus, plus Sheldon who pops in every once in a while). Hope you can submit something!

Sorry, that's not me, I don't use twitter. Also our 'local scene' seems very far apart; I'm from NSW for the record.

Welcome to the Void Azza! It's lovely to have you! :D

Thanks, your art and stories are some of my favourites on this site.

« Reply #1512 on: Jun 05, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Ah that's OK. By local scene I mean Australia in general so it's all good haha. Still cool to have you!
sugoi

« Reply #1513 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:31 AM »
Ah that's OK. By local scene I mean Australia in general so it's all good haha. Still cool to have you!

Wait; do we have a "scene' Victoria?

« Reply #1514 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Man Australians suddenly popping up everywhere. Hello!

We totally have a rad scene in VIC that's largely centred in Melbourne, but I've heard of a lot of cool things happening in Ballarat and a handful of other towns - it's spreading. Slowly. But it's happening. I've posted a bit about Melbourne stuff on the Australia thread in the Regionals board here, the next big thing coming up is Oz Comic Con (which will be hitting other states too), and I hear that the Melbourne Writer's Festival has a lot of cool stuff going on, including a visit from Lucy Knisley.
sugoi

« Reply #1515 on: Jun 06, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Oh, yes, it's brilliant to see more Australian Voiders 8D Greetings~

Sorry, that's not me, I don't use twitter. Also our 'local scene' seems very far apart; I'm from NSW for the record.
I'm in NSW too, haha, but I'm so far south I guess I might as well be in Victoria.

And while my 'scene' is pretty much devoid of comics and conventions, as yours might very well be because yay Australia, I do recomend looking at the Australia Thread Jetster mentioned. We're currently planning on getting together somehow for the Oz Comic Con in Melbourne, and I'm sure we will organise more meetups and comics shenanigans in the future c:

« Reply #1516 on: Jun 11, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Ahhh AHHH okay, here I go.

Hello everyone, my names Tori.  I've been into comics for quite awhile now, and I just happened to stumble upon this site and it seemed really fun!  I just finished making comics for school, so now I can do fun things like this!

I really love mustaches

I really like what I've seen on this website

Everyone's super great!

« Reply #1517 on: Jun 11, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Welcome Tori!!! I'm so glad to have you here, and hope you post some character ideas in the Incubator and get started battling!

« Reply #1518 on: Jun 11, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Welcome to Void!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1519 on: Jun 11, 2013, 08:05 PM »
  Can't wait to see your comics and art Tori!

« Reply #1520 on: Jun 15, 2013, 10:52 PM »
h-hello everyone! i just found out about this site and i am already pumped the heck up to start fleshing out my character. i've been dabbling in webcomics for a while now so i only wish i had found out about it sooner. aside from that i'm an illustration student from new york who loves dead stuff and small japanese dogs. i want to be friends with you all.

« Reply #1521 on: Jun 15, 2013, 11:20 PM »
Hi Bonemaro- welcome to void! I can't wait to see your ideas! :)

« Reply #1522 on: Jun 16, 2013, 01:38 AM »
Welcome bonemaro and any other new arrivals I may have missed! Glad to have you ;D

« Reply #1523 on: Jun 16, 2013, 10:11 AM »
  Don't be nervous dude, if there's one thing that's super exciting and awesome it's when new people decide to get involved!

« Reply #1524 on: Jun 16, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Welcome to Void! We don't bite!
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

275 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us