INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1125 on: Sep 13, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Hello! I'm Sarah, also known as Melly or Baracai.
I hark from the land of Deviantart ha ha. Just kidding. I'm from the land of buckeyes and tomatoes. If you know your states you know where I'm at.
I'm a learning artist, age 14.
I came here after hearing the great Maximo Lorenzo (PirateKing) used to hang about here a while ago. (I'm his little sidekick over back at DA ha ha)
I've always loved comics, but never had the motivation to get anything done. So I decided to join here, so I could gain some motivation and practice practice practice!
I hope I can hone my skills by partaking in this awesome place!

Now, mind you, I don't use fancy traditional tools very often, I feel comfortable with my tablet...kind of. I wanna learn how to use traditional tools, so I might stick a few traditional pages here from time to time.

And I always preview/spell check/look over everything I do, so seldom will you find mistakes in my posts ha ha.

« Reply #1126 on: Sep 15, 2009, 03:09 AM »
Hi :) I'm Friederike (or short Rike)

As you may hear out of my name I'm from Germany. I study 'cummunicating design' (to summarize it, applied arts...illustration, typography, films, exiphition design....) in uhh...let me say, I'm just studying too long :P (I'm an 'old' Lady with my 24) . I always adored drawing and I do it yet. After some comic tries in another comicforum some friends introduced me to Void and after I took a short look around and only heard good things about it, I'm giving it a try :D. I don't regret it till now ;)

Normally I use only digital methods to draw comics. A return button has it's benefits. I practize anatomy (unfortunately not hard enough), did some Akt drawings, and try to higher my skills in perspective.

I'm always open for critiques and I don't mince my words when it comes to give other people (constructive)feedback (erm sounds tougher than it's meant). If that's no problem I think we can be on good terms :)

I'm shure you will find mistakes in my post  :-[

« Reply #1127 on: Oct 12, 2009, 06:30 PM »
hey hello there
"Yet another life saved by girl on girl action."
- Dr. Gregory House

http://rabidpanda1.devianta

« Reply #1128 on: Oct 27, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Luckie.

i enjoy long walks on the beach, being caught in the rain . . .

Nah, i'm just kidding, but seriously . . .

i'm a young Jersey Girl who, like everyone else here, enjoys art and illustration a great deal. i stumbled on this site while surfing Deviant Art, and i'm so glad i did.

What i've seen so far, this site is epic. i'm very new here, and there is much i still don't understand. However, i'm hoping i can become an artist and join in on the battles. i like using traditional media. Color pencils has always been a favorite but i'm becoming more comfortable with digital media, such as Photoshop. 

i have a lot to learn about comic art but i hope this site can help me become a better artist. Even more, i hope i can inspire and help others to become better artists. 

It's very nice to meet you. i hope we can become friends  :)

« Reply #1129 on: Nov 26, 2009, 04:02 AM »
G'day, I'm Dan Lynch, sometimes known as Shadowrenderer. I've been drawing forever! ha I draw comics in a semi- professional capacity (ie I don't get paid for it) with a company called Cult Fiction Comics Australia (CFCA). I got clued into this place from Comicspace. I'll be throwing in some characters soonish. Cheers!

« Reply #1130 on: Nov 26, 2009, 06:18 AM »
Welcome, new folks!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #1131 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:12 PM »
hi, my name is jho, please be gentle
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #1132 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:20 PM »
hi, my name is jho, please be gentle

We like it rough 'round these parts.

So um, bend over?
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1133 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Theo. I've been doing comics for a little while, and was just recently involved in a zombie-themed OCT called DeviantDead. I heard this site mentioned by a couple of the more seasoned artists, and I was really excited to hear that something like this existed. I'm absolutely determined to improve my comicking abilities any way I can, and this looks like the perfect place to do so.

Here's my DA, if you're into that sort of thing.

« Reply #1134 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Welcome! If you're here to improve on comics, this is the place to do it.

Good luck!

« Reply #1135 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:07 PM »
Howdy! I'm a looooooong time lurker, reading comics and checking out new characters in the incubator, but rarely contributing.
I think my first post on the VOID boards was four years ago.
N-E-WAY, I never worked up the guts to submit a character. This cowardice also kept me from voting, commenting, or otherwise maintaining a functional account.

This is about to change.
My New Year's Resolution for 2010 was to follow through and produce some finished work, and to participate in a community in which I could grow as an artist. Ya'll have never come off as the asspatting sort, and since I've been lurking for so long, it seemed like the natural step.
I am severely out of practice, so bear with me as I start the engines, eh?

So here I am. J.Vandermeer, age 21. I am proud to be Dutch-Canadian. I am considering a (rather informal) marriage proposal from my long-time partner and friend, at the moment, so I'm not quite sure where I'm headed-- but I'm certainly not in a hurry to get there.

Thar you have it, folks. A lurker cometh into the fold.
(For those of you who may be curious, I have posted here on two prior occasions-- the first being an entry into the incubator no less than four years ago! I have been watching ya'll in silence ever since, and boy, you buggers are fiiiiiiiiiiine!)

« Reply #1136 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Quit being such a pussy, pussy.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #1137 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:25 AM »
aw jack likes you already, how sweet

« Reply #1138 on: Dec 31, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Oh, I wouldn't have it any other way.

« Reply #1139 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Howdy, I'm Jackoman, yes, Jackoman, LORD OF CHAOS AND PUMPKINS!

I kid, anyway; I'm here mostly so I can attempt to get better at art, story, and just over all on time constraints.

I'm a louty college student with a need to prove his artistic merit to an overbearing father; so, I'm going to make comics here to see if I can do something WORTHWHILE IN MY TIME! 8D

Also I like Romance Novels, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and apparently just about any kind of Po- Oh my I didn't know Minors were here. Well, that's settled. -Erases previous thing (Edit)-
8D HI ALL!

I HAIL FROM TEXAS!

« Reply #1140 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:27 AM »
Hi I am pep.

« Reply #1141 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:01 AM »
Hi pep.

Hi Jacko.

Don't worry, no one else heeds the minors..

« Reply #1142 on: Jan 23, 2010, 08:57 AM »
 Wow, I'm bad at this kind of thing. Already confused here. Ohh, well, I'll do my best to figure everything out! The name's Madeleine. I'm from America, only 13, but I consider myself a... fairly good artist. Found this place because someone I was following on another website kept mentioning it. Decided to see for myself. And, well, here I am, I guess. Whoop de day. :D Wish me luck!

« Reply #1143 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Good luck, Madeleine!

Don't make apologies for your age, missy-- I know thirteen year olds who know more about the working end of a pen than I do.
Now, hurry up and get ye to the incubator or the Go For Broke thread. I'm just itchin' to see some art from you!

« Reply #1144 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:27 AM »
We've had youngins on Void before! http://entervoid.com/profile.php?id=3134 got into Void when she was 14 I think
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1145 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:45 AM »
hi

hi guys

hi.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #1146 on: Jan 23, 2010, 12:43 PM »
We've had youngins on Void before! http://entervoid.com/profile.php?id=3134 got into Void when she was 14 I think

Hmm well let's do a bit of math. Corny joined in 2006 and she's like what...8 now? 

« Reply #1147 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Well hai.

I go by Runic... and I am a current member of War for Arcadia. I recently started to lurk here and I must say--very very impressive comic artists here. I'm a friend of a few people here.

Other than that... I draw a lot. I play video games. I graduated college a few years back and I currently take cartooning/comic related classes at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan. (Taking a break this semester though.)

I made a promise with a friend of mine two years back to draw something everyday and so far I've kept that promise.
I do plan on participating here soon.
I'm just a bit nervous about doing so... shyyyy.

DeviantArt space:
http://ragchow.deviantart.com (updated... sometimes.)
Sketchblog:
http://runicknight.blogspot.com (updated frequently.)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 11:14 AM by Runic »

« Reply #1148 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Welcome! Please stick around!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1149 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Welcome! Please stick around!

Oh, I shall!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

433 Guests, 2 Users

Most Online Today: 444.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us