INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #800 on: Mar 12, 2007, 08:49 PM »
I feel that it's very important that I mention that I'm Aim's twin brother, and if you notice any disturbing similarities about certain aspects of our computer signatures it is most likely because we're posting from computers that are linked to the same Local Area Network (in the same school, in the same room actually. :P) With that in mind, please, please don't ban us as the same person. I get nervous that that's going to happen whenever I introduce myself somewhere nowadays...

Anyway, it's great to be here. I have some ideas, but hardly the skill nor the time to implement them immediately. I'll be looking around to try and get an idea of the quality bar expected here: I can try my hardest, but I honestly have the feeling without learning something new I'm not going to be ready to join the Void community, which I really desire to be a part of. With my first post, you may learn I have some experience in drawing robots or people, but the detail that goes into them isn't what I think it needs to be now however the designs themselves are.

Until then, I'll be floating around and giving the occasional thumbs up or not-so-much, I guess. ^^;

So...

Do you like... Rockman DASH...?

« Reply #801 on: Mar 15, 2007, 03:58 AM »
i fucking loved rockman dash. too bad no more of that games gonna ever happen anytime soon.

hi guys I'm new, I eat rice and sometimes grue
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #802 on: Mar 18, 2007, 07:25 PM »
What's up voidites, I'm Wade, kwig on these here intrawebs....I hope to be joining the ranks of the fighting voiders very soon, I'll be throwing some stuff in the incubator shortly.  Anyways I figured I'd say howdy.  I'm 21 like comics, technology, toys, animation. lan parties, comic conventions ect ect.

« Reply #803 on: Mar 19, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Hewwo! My name is Jen : D I'm a part-time college student, full-time highschooler (technically, I'm a junior highschooler who they gave college classes at teh local college cause I pwn highschool work XD) I've been reading comics since I was very little, starting with the Sunday funnies, when I was eleven or so I got my first comics (marvel goodies like spiderman, manga like sailor moon, some floppy mangas <those monthly issue things that I call floppies cause..they're floppy XD>). I also play video games, and those other things that nerds do XD (I don't look very nerdy though :o).
I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil : D and I've been writing stories since the first time I played pretendy games, actually they bumped me into college classes cuz I can write gud xD. I'm from teh east coast...and because my life is technically dedicated to school 90% of the time, I don't have a job :o so I'll be waiting on my lovely parents for a tablet, and mooching off my bf for his scanner: P!
I'm here to draw! rawr!

« Reply #804 on: Mar 23, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Hello/Hallo/Hails from an addicted metalhead in a bfa program.

My name is Christoph, and my life aspirations include:
-Makeing a living as a homeless person; selling bad charicatures and bodily fluids for booze and metal cds.
-Getting involved with a satanic paganistic nordic norwegian viking cult, because that is so fucking metal.
-marathoning metalocalypse every hour of everyday from the time I am 60 onwards.
-playing guitar hero today. again.

I was linked to Void from who knows where, after lurking for a few solid weeks, I've entered the fray. Hope to contribute characters and storys soon.

I am a procrastination machine.

« Reply #805 on: Mar 24, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Hiya! I'm Pelica. Nice to meet you, I suppose. I'm always looking for friends~ AIM/PM me sometime! :D

If you want the full story (caution, one period. :D)...:
I live in Michigan, I've been drawing forever but only got into drawing manga and anime like, 8 years ago (so bear with me), I have an addiction to sugar, sarcasm is definately not below me, animals are awesome, I've gone though more boyfriends than I can count, I started a webmanga, I dabble at HTML, I am going to college to major in animation, my bookcase is a manga-seum, i have a bishie list with over seventy names on it, i love to roleplay, i feel i'm best at exaggerating emotions, I have the most uncoordinated speedlines ever, my hair is the definition of unkempt, i am easily confused, I have a habit of being completely random, I haven't used a period once since I started this rant, I have two eyes, blue is my favorite color, I'm actually better at drawing non-manga stuff but I hope to improve, i love art, I love artists, I have gained the reputation of an art-stalker, I habitually merge animals to create the ones I use in my manga, i am allergic to shellfish, I have trouble getting to the point of things, and last but not least, I think I have a pony living in my underwear drawer.

If you want the short story...
I <3 draw long time. Sugar only food source. Manga = Mai Bible. TehEnd. Kthx.

*hugs*

P.S. - givemecookies>:0 rawr
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007, 05:39 PM by Pelica »

« Reply #806 on: Mar 31, 2007, 04:46 PM »
It's not like somebody would care, but since there is an Introduction Thread than why not, right?

So My name is Pawel, but I rather call myself Wolcik :) I'm from Poland :) I really want to enter void and practice making comics, couase I wouldn't mind having such job in the future - but that's nearly impossible right now for me, I guess oO
I want to enter Art University this year, so I have to work hard now on my case with drawnings, and sudy for the exams :)

I haven't acomplished much yet, so I won't take too much space writing about myself... I go back to drawning now ;)

« Reply #807 on: Apr 02, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Well ok.  I guess my frist post here should be an intro post. 

I'm PhoenixCrash, to those that personally knows me they call me Sivvy.  I'm from Florida, I have registered here long ago but never got around to posting and looking around.  I was introduced here by Luniara (Mel.)  So far as of where I'm going, I think I'm going to feed my daughter and play with her a bit.

Nice to meet you all.
http://phoenixcrash.deviantart.com
Coming soon to a computer near you...

« Reply #808 on: Apr 04, 2007, 04:05 PM »
 hey whats up im casey.... and no i don't no why i picked the s/n dogsoup either ..... probibly because my other s/ns realy suck.

so yeah im 17 female and live in florida and am currently working on a 5 page comic for barbara kesel, the writer who did meridian for crossgen. im a senior in highschool this year and am planning on attending ringling or mcad for college.

oh i also have way to many ideas for fighters and dont know which one i should work on first so i want to hear your input!

a 2nd generation american russian girl with too much imagination .. so much it tends to leak out of her head,

a little fat gypsy girl with a dingly jester hat and a fairy saddle on her nose who does... gypsy stuff, or

a fat regular joe garbage man who is being stalked by a skinny faggy vampire guy and fights using whatevers lying around like say a toaster or an old stick lamp for a sword

« Reply #809 on: Apr 05, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Hi, I'm Sean, and I've got a couple webcomics under my belt. I used to draw Cute Ninja Girls, and I'm currently doing Cain is Able. I'm one of the founders of the webcomics collective Bomb Shelter Comics, and I also am a contributer for Way of the Geek, an online blog. Examples of my work, and the entire CNG archive, can be found at my Comicspace page. (It's currently the only place to read CNG now; the original website is gone.) http://www.comicspace.com/sean_c/

I'm also going to school working towards a teaching license; I'm planning on being a high school english teacher. I technically have a degree in art right now - I just can't officially get it until I finally graduate. Sigh - to be a double-major. I'm thinking about trying this out, and have a couple ideas; it just might have to wait until the summer when I have some more free time.
Don't hesitate to procrastinate.
I do Cain is Able - http://cain.bombsheltercomics.com

« Reply #810 on: Apr 05, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Let me please introduce myself. I am Garrett Hagen, a man of no particular talent but a series of complex interests. I am a double major in Studio Art and English at Florida State. I'm 20 years old, I write, draw, do metal castings, break dance, and perform in the circus. I found Void through some of your more notable members whose DA pages I watched and admired (Chamba, Lysol Jones, Delya). I'm looking to hone my drawing skills, as they are not quite where I would like them to be. I plan on slapping some stuff on the incubator, you should check it out.

« Reply #811 on: Apr 07, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Hey. I'm Jo, or you can call me by my screen name, Dr-Dv8. If you really want to, you may call me Doc as well.  I just turned 17, and am currently working on an anti-aging solution so that I may stay a kid for the rest of my life. I enjoy drawing, and I won't try to convince you that I'm good at it either. Because I'm not. And doctors never lie.  ;)

I hope to one day have a fighter of my very own. In fact, I am currently working on a ref sheet and into comic for one.  ;D  Hope that goes well.

Nice to meet you all. Hope I see again soon.

« Reply #812 on: Apr 09, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Ummm Hey-yo Names Dice real name,Joey.
I kinda liked the site so I figured I join. ^^;
I'm 14 and I draw but I have no scanner but I make up for it in spriting!
*Crickets chirp*

« Reply #813 on: Apr 09, 2007, 09:08 PM »
Ahoy there!  My name is Eleanor, I'm a sophmore in high school, and I draw pictures all day.  It may appear that I am taking notes in class.  INCORRECT!  I am in fact drawing pictures.  I like reading, but not while drawing pictures, and music.  I am currently teaching myself (by partially effective trial and error) to use water colors because of how much I hate acrylic paint.  I have absolutley zero experience making comics, but I will dedicatedly make a fool of myself until such a time as I have a lot of experience making comics, some of which can hopefully be called "good".  Anywho, it's a school night.  Ta.

« Reply #814 on: Apr 10, 2007, 08:48 AM »
Hi all!

I'm Andy, I'm 21 and I enjoy reading comics, listening to music and watching movies! I used to be able to draw untill a great unrest took over me and now everytime I try to draw something, my equipment takes a flying lesson.

I have a website, http://www.ultima-java.com, on there you will find the Ultima-Java main comic, a sprite comic I recently started called Heroes, and soon to contain my fiance, QueenQeeko's comic If You Believe. And thats not all, with the heslp of other artists we are also working on atleast 5 other titles to be hosted within the next year.

I'm a player of Guild Wars, the Poor mans WoW! :P And on there have my own guild.

Hopfully some time in the near future, I will be able to move to Australia with Qeeko and we will be getting married.

Thats me in a nutshell.

« Reply #815 on: Apr 10, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Hay there :D You can call me Blanca. I'm 18 and I'm from southern Spain. My loved hobbies are drawing/painting, languages, comics (of any kind) and music (I'm a metalhead XD). I joined here to keep track of all those cool comics and arts made here. I'll be visiting the incubator in short....:3 I'm trying to make comics to publish someday too.

Weeee....! XD

« Reply #816 on: Apr 10, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Ooooh where in Spain?
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #817 on: Apr 17, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I'm Jess.  I'm 25 in a month (yikes), a girl, and I work in comics.  I've been working on a book for a really long time, and I've had a lot of setbacks, but it should be out next year, finally.  I've got a BFA in Communication Design, but I've never actually worked in graphic design.

I do comics stuff every day, but it's kind of on somebody else's terms, and since I got this job right out of college (and I didn't go to college specifically for comics, unfortunately...couldn't afford art school) I never really had much of a chance to get a lot of feedback on my stuff.  So I really want to join this thang to make my sequentials stronger and to build my skills.  Sometimes I feel like I'm on some kind of deserted island, and it would be nice to get some feedback on my stuff from other artists instead of just my editor.

Other stuff I do: teach people how to ride motorcycles on the weekends, play bass/trombone/euphonium, run, substitute teaching...  I like anime/manga, motorcycles, cooking, metal, coffee...

« Reply #818 on: Apr 17, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Just saw this thread =P

I'm Aluísio, but also know as Z sabre user in mugen communities =P. I have never worked (read earning money) with comics and such. I do Design university in Brazil, and I'm on third semester of the classes. Although I've never done comics or zines I've always wanted to do so, as I love mangas, specially, and thought it would be a great experience, not only to gain experience in it, as to sharpen my art. People here in Void totally rock.
I also love movies and music.. my specialties are classic rock and blues - I also play, but I'm kind newb there, with a bit more than 2 years of experience.

I hope we get along well :D
By air

« Reply #819 on: Apr 18, 2007, 02:45 AM »
Other stuff I do: teach people how to ride motorcycles on the weekends, play bass/trombone/euphonium, run, substitute teaching...  I like anime/manga, motorcycles, cooking, metal, coffee...

motorcycles? man, I had collission with street vendor (the shop not the person) once. I wasn't even drunk. Vehicles + me = don't belong.

hehehehehe motorcycles, bass AND cooking? I think I love you already.

« Reply #820 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:13 PM »
motorcycles? man, I had collission with street vendor (the shop not the person) once. I wasn't even drunk. Vehicles + me = don't belong.

Ooh, ouch.  X_x  Were you okay?  (And were they at least selling something interesting?  I would have totally demanded free wares from their clearly inappropriately-placed streetcart.  Unless they were selling something dumb.)

hehehehehe motorcycles, bass AND cooking? I think I love you already.

Sadly, I don't get to cook as often as I would like to.  :(  Also the cleanup afterwards is usually a pain in the ass (it takes forever, which is the part I don't like).  I enjoy it, though, mainly because it makes me feel like a badass when things turn out good (which is often!  I have yet to make anything disastrous, but allrecipes.com is like totally my bible and the review system is nice because you can read what other people did to make a good recipe better...or know when a recipe is shitty or impossible).

I've been playing bass for, uhm...10 years?  11?  I have so much other crap I do that my bassplaying sometimes falls by the wayside.  I went and auditioned for a metal band last month and totally whiffed the audition because I was really intimidated by how good the guitar player was (also, the singer didn't tell me what songs he'd like to hear from me so I was unprepared and shit; I listen to metal but the only bands I've been in were punk, jazz, and general hard rock, and metal is different from those).  They were all a lot younger than me, too.  One of them was still in high school, and the others were late teens/very early twenties, I think.  They were all idealistic and stuff, so I don't think it would have been a good fit, anyway, considering I just wanted a band to play with on the weekends, not to take the universe by storm or whatever.  Visual art > music (for me, career-wise, anyway...)

« Reply #821 on: Apr 19, 2007, 02:46 PM »

Ooh, ouch.  X_x  Were you okay?  (And were they at least selling something interesting?  I would have totally demanded free wares from their clearly inappropriately-placed streetcart.  Unless they were selling something dumb.

I was okay, I'm pretty durable ha ha ha. he was selling satays (bunch of beef/chicken meat stuck on a stick with peanut+sweet soy sauce+chillies) and the person was trying to stop my motorcycle with his hands (rather than dodging it, what a guy!) but i ended up dodging him and fell down anyway. I ended up buying bunch of his stuff as an apology hahaha (it was good though)

Sadly, I don't get to cook as often as I would like to.  :(  Also the cleanup afterwards is usually a pain in the ass (it takes forever, which is the part I don't like).  I enjoy it, though, mainly because it makes me feel like a badass when things turn out good (which is often!  I have yet to make anything disastrous, but allrecipes.com is like totally my bible and the review system is nice because you can read what other people did to make a good recipe better...or know when a recipe is shitty or impossible).

I used to study in culinary (as replacement of regular senior highschool) we should totally trade recipes and tips. I've made horrendous things a couple of times because I was wondering if I can make a completely new recipe which is pain in the ass but worth it if something turns out right hahah

also crockpot is my friend.

I've been playing bass for, uhm...10 years?  11?  I have so much other crap I do that my bassplaying sometimes falls by the wayside.  I went and auditioned for a metal band last month and totally whiffed the audition because I was really intimidated by how good the guitar player was (also, the singer didn't tell me what songs he'd like to hear from me so I was unprepared and shit; I listen to metal but the only bands I've been in were punk, jazz, and general hard rock, and metal is different from those).  They were all a lot younger than me, too.  One of them was still in high school, and the others were late teens/very early twenties, I think.  They were all idealistic and stuff, so I don't think it would have been a good fit, anyway, considering I just wanted a band to play with on the weekends, not to take the universe by storm or whatever.  Visual art > music (for me, career-wise, anyway...)

all I can make is shitty melancholic songs with my mediocre ability in playing acoustic and my manly voice. Also garageband (though i make my own shitty samples). granted,  I love drums but I have yet to try it without people lauging all over the floor around me. (btw omg jazz!!)

Is bass hard to learn? Cause some bass-based songs are pretty sick and I would love to learn it.

« Reply #822 on: Apr 21, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Um...yeah. One of my friends gave me a link to this site and I thought it was very interesting. I am going to try and make a fighter of my own and try this out...

thing is, I haven't found a topic here on the forum that really explains everything to me. I get the making my fighter part, but everything after that is only vaguely apparent. At least, the stuff behind the actual comic making.

Anyway... hello I am Drake. I've been working on my art style for a little over two years now. I actually came across my ability by accident when I was sitting bored near the beginning of the school year in gym with my sketchbook. I thought "I'm bored. Why not see if I can draw a comic?" When I was done, I kind of stared at it a minute then came to the realization, "Wait a minute... since when could I draw that?" My first comic wasn't really that good, but at the time I found it impressive. I've been working on my style and after looking back at that first comic and what I'm drawing now, I've drastically improved.

I still have room for improving however. The areas I really need work on are my backgrounds and my perspective drawings could use some work. But most of all, my landscaping abilities are...mediocre at best.

« Reply #823 on: Apr 21, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Oh and...

Strange. I had something I had forgotten to mention earlier... and now I can't remember what it is.

(If this isn't evident, I am prone to random spouts of short term memory... really random)

« Reply #824 on: Apr 21, 2007, 09:02 PM »
wow.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007, 11:19 AM by ihateart »
Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

350 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 373.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us