INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #650 on: Sep 15, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Errr... Hello, out there. I am Barlome, yes.
I came here from DA. I really want to get into comic making. I am going for penciler, but I want to learn all the steps, yes.
I would like to work on the Transformers series, and ID has them right now. Who know what the future holds though, yes.

« Reply #651 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Bah, my intro is long overdue.  Real name's Dan, I've been doodling for about a year, so I'm not getting in any time soon, but someday hope to.  Some day I'd like to be a computer animator, but I'm lazy so that's likely a bit off in the future.

« Reply #652 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Real name is william I'm from california; I draw for fun, not really trying to get anywhere, just improving my art.

« Reply #653 on: Sep 24, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Hi...I'm from the tiny island of Barbados in the Caribbean....I'm not really sure what I'm here for...I think it's to have fun...

« Reply #654 on: Sep 25, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Hoshit. It's about time I get off mah rear and posted something in the forums.

Uh... Hi there! My name is Crystal [Hurrr, bleh.] and I really want to major in Sequential Art at SCAD, but I need to improve me self first. Want to is a big key word. I did do some small comic strips that I kept to myself but nothing really big like you guys. I've been stalking Void for a long while now. I'm a big fan of Dingo. Fufu.

I'm not sure if I'll post up my character in the incubator any time soon because... I'mma wuss. >_> I hope to kick off onna good start if I do. Some of you guys are vicious, Heh.

« Reply #655 on: Oct 10, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Bah, my intro is long overdue.  Real name's Dan, I've been doodling for about a year, so I'm not getting in any time soon, but someday hope to.  Some day I'd like to be a computer animator, but I'm lazy so that's likely a bit off in the future.

Awesome, now i know 14 Dans that draw.

Welcome everyone!

« Reply #656 on: Oct 12, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Sup, I'm Bronson, real name is Charles. If anyone cares I'm Hero karma's twin brother in the real world. He is the one who introduced me to this site and it has inspired me to pick up a pencil and start drawing. I have no art skills whatsoever right now so joining the fighters will be years in the future most likely. I'm a 21 year old college student who work a job where I'm underapreciated, overworked, and underpaid :angry:
"When I die, I want to be buried ...That way I can leave at least one lasting impression on Earth"

« Reply #657 on: Oct 13, 2006, 03:25 PM »
:D Hey! The name's AtomicPiggy

Void's a great place! It's really inspiring to be around so many other artists. I hope when I get my characters up I can contribute to the fun.

« Reply #658 on: Oct 13, 2006, 07:40 PM »
And I'm Arch.  I've heard about this site before but I wasn't formally introduced to this site until about a week or two ago.

Shit, has it only been a week or two?  I've been raiding the archives ever since.  I can't get enough.  I've even finally sat down and really practiced my art because of this site.

Now this site has got me practicing every day in my spare time.  I've always wanted to draw, and I was...  not bade to begin with, but a fellow fan of void, in fact the man that introduced me to this site has been tutoring me, and there's no greater teacher than him it seems.  In only a short time span he's taken me from squigilly 2-D 'Nejis' to decently-drawn fighters.

I have full plans to join one day.  By one day, I mean I love this site, and I have the time to do it, but my artwork is not yet up to snuff.  Depth is a difficult thing to master, but as soon as I and some of my friends feel that I have mastered it (Or at least become good enough at it) I'll be submitting a character.  I am doing a few practice void battles with some of my friends, so I may post them(once I'm done of course) on the forums if anyone is interested.

I won't lie.  I love quite a few of the artists on this site.  Seel, I'm a huge fan, but the one that got me really into this site, is Monday.  Agent Black...  He's got me hooked.  His character is nigh-perfect.  I cannot read enough about him.  The only other thing that's had this effect on me is Sin City.

Void City...  I'm sure somewhere in my subconsious I see it as Sin City-esque fanfiction, but I don't care, I fuggin' love this site.  I'll be lurking in the forums for a while, but I won't be riddling you all with bad art until I can draw on a better level than I am now.

Move along, nothing to see here, just a new artist.

« Reply #659 on: Oct 15, 2006, 08:50 PM »
Hey, my name's John. I found this site through someone's gallery on DA. I can't quite remember the excact artist at the moment. It might've been Delya,or maybe someone else. I came here to improve my artwork. I plan to go into illustration and/or animation some day. I hope to submit one or two of my fighter ideas to the Incubator soon.

« Reply #660 on: Oct 16, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Salutations, RoflQu coming in loud.

Well, to start,  I'm a Senior of High School. I was introduced to this site by a friend  and I lurked and simply read the material everyone put on my plate. I wanted to prepare myself for this site on my own and progress my art in solo manner. I realized recently that if I truly want to progress my art, I need to join this site and receive brutal criticism that will tell me where I suck and where I don't. I have a good idea where my challenges are and where my strengths lie and I'm ready to take on what I can.

If I'm ever needed, you can find me at RoflQu@gmail.com and RoflQu on AIM.

« Reply #661 on: Oct 21, 2006, 06:30 PM »
*wave*  Hello there, VOID!  Long time lurker, first time poster.

I first found out about VOID through watching Delya on dA.  Since my ultimate life goal is to make comics, I instantly fell in love with the site and signed up ASAP.  Since then I've lurked about, getting a feel for the place and trying to dream up a fighter.  I've finally settled on a character and have spent the last few days working on my fighter submission.  Hopefully you'll be seeing her in the Incubator soon!  I can't wait to get in on the fun!

« Reply #662 on: Oct 21, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Well, not much to say, a Senior in High School, trying to improve my art to get onto here and help people out with their character concepts and (this is a fairly big one) grammar. My art kinda sucks horribly at the moment, thus the lack of any attempt at putting a character in the Incubator.

There is much work to be done.

-Also, if anyone wants to PM me to talk or anything, I'll reply when i get the chance. I do tend to have a problem with short conversations for some reason, but I'd like to make some friends here on void ^_^

Guess there was more to say than i thought   :rolleyes:

« Reply #663 on: Oct 25, 2006, 03:51 AM »
Hello.

Im rob.

Im a bundle of laughs..lol. 

I have been chasing the , comic book dream, for too long to remember now...

But the last few years have been a black spot, and as art and illustration goes, my time with my craft has.... dipped totally. As has my skill.   Also , im , well pritty much below the poverty line.  So i have very little equipment, or even workspace.

I joined void, in the hope ill be more driven to write, and illustraite ... at all.  And in turn re-develop my skills.

You can find me about on deviant art at deadrevolutionary.deviantart.com   And some really old stuff at deadmrhead.deviantart.com

« Reply #664 on: Oct 25, 2006, 06:30 PM »
A yo ho ho to you scabs! Name's Kyle Stout, and I'm a stupid person who likes to play a pirate online. :B

I only recently got into serious artwork, starting in freshman year up to the present day. Most of my stuff involves ships and robots; Still grasping at anatomy, and I hope I'll get help with that here. I was raised on Dark Horse's Rogue Squadron comics, and I hope to emulate a bit o' that.

« Reply #665 on: Oct 30, 2006, 08:31 AM »
I'm Lize, I'm 14 years old ^^ (I'm turning 15 on december 28th) and i'm from Holland....and I love to draw manga:P

« Reply #666 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:24 PM »
14 huh?

fresh.

« Reply #667 on: Nov 02, 2006, 01:19 AM »
Who am I? I am me :B
Where am I from? Where I am :D
Where am I going? Somewhere else XD

Yay for vague answers! XD

No, really...I'm known as ArpegiusWolf, Arpy, Arpington, MiyabiOokami, or just Jess, lol.
Where am I from? Southeastern Pennsylvania....try and find me >D
Where am I going? Nowhere right now...lol

I like cheese :D
Why do I even bother?

« Reply #668 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:49 AM »
hi my name is John and i am a boy(at least i was last time i chaecked);i am 16yrs old
   i'm planning on staying here for a LONG time! and get to know lots of you guys and gals :]
nobody messes with us voiders and gets away with it

« Reply #669 on: Nov 04, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Hewwo.

Adrian, Chicago, 17.

I was pointed in this general direction, and I decided to look into it. I hope to be able to do this full swing after some other things die down~
<*)))><{

« Reply #670 on: Nov 05, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Hay all and nice to meet you!
My name is Kris, east coast, senior hs/college freshman, majoring in art or language, drawing comics since 2002, etc. etc. etc.

I found Void through Becky Cloonan's Deviantart. The first comic I read here was "James Vs. Agent Black"

That should explain just about everything.

Hey, I suck at writing on forums, but I'll soak up any and all information I can gleen from this amazing place. 
I'm also trying to write constructive comments on the comics (even if I suck at it!!) because you give what you want and when I draw comics, crit is what I want. I'm hoping to submit a character here soon (and hopefully he'll be accepted!), my goal here is to improve........!!!!

« Reply #671 on: Nov 11, 2006, 11:49 PM »
Salutations. Friends call me Andy.

I am 15 years old & counting and I don't remember how I hear of this place. I think I just clicked on a banner is all. I've been solemn spending my free time trying to develop a deep and intriguing character, but alas, I had trouble sticking to things. My muse is always changing, but no matter how much I fail, I always feel that I am getting closer....

Where I came from? I came from a womb 15 years ago...

Where I'm going. Well I'm taking art lessons and my grades are doing fine, so I think I'm going in the right direction.

« Reply #672 on: Nov 12, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Allo!  I've heard tell of Void City for months now, and I finally decided to check it out for real and for true a couple of days ago.  It struck me as an interesting and fun community where I could learn to better my art and try my hand at drawing comics (something I've wanted to do for years, but can never quite seem to make time for).  So, I bit the bullet and signed up.

Anyway, if you want a real name I'm Liz, but I usually just answer to Peony because it's easier for people to remember.  I'm 22, and I've been drawing pictures and making up stories for as long as I can remember.  As far as graphic novels go, I tend to read a fairly balanced amount of comic books and manga.  I'm also a long-time fan of Calvin and Hobbes (broke down and bought the complete collection in hardback last year after Christmas).

I've lived in various areas of the eastern half United States throughout my lifetime, but I think it's safe to say that I've never been farther west than Texas.  Maybe someday I'll take a trip to California and then I'll be able to say I've been from coast to coast.  That could be fun.

I'm not entirely sure where my life is going at the moment, but I'm working toward an associate degree in Psychology and I've got a loving boyfriend who has proven to be a wonderful match thus far.  For the moment, that's more than enough day-to-day certainty for me.
"If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort

« Reply #673 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Hello Void! My name's Tori, I'm 19, from Kansas, and I'm currently a freshman at KU. I totally don't remember how I first found Void, but I've been lurking around for a good 3-4 months and plan on sticking around untill I'm chased out of town by a mob of torch-wielding villagers.

Also, I can't spell.

« Reply #674 on: Nov 13, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Hi I usually go under the name online as Master Loki or Blacksandpiper. My real name is Keziah Uriel (no kidding) and I'm... young. I found this place after I joined a tournament much like Void -- except it only occured once a year on a comic book website. My friend referred me here since Void is 100% of the time. Tried to get on together -- but he didn't make it so I'm mainly waiting for him.

I live in California. My comic's name is Origin. I'm a straight A student studying to be a surgeon and I'm Filipino.

Yes.

April 23rd.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

163 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 173.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us