INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #775 on: Feb 15, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Fuck. Shit. Bastard.

*pause*

Who are you?

I'm Trick.

Where'd you come from?

Mamoru wants more AI folk to join. I promised him months ago that I would when I had the time. Well I still don't have the time to submit and fight with a character, but joining the forums and posting art should be fine.

Where you going?

HOME. In another hour. Maybe to Target if I can't find a dollar for the pop machine. Just a minute... let me check.. *checks pockets*... *checks pencil case*...  *checks wallet*... I have $6.77 and a thousand ginger chew wrappers. I REALLY LIKE GINGER CHEWS.

Anyway, I love drawing, although I'm definitely not at the level a wish to be just yet. I think I'm decent enough where I could get a character into Void City pretty easily, but I'm not comfortable enough yet with my inking and coloring skills. I like funny comics better than serious ones, but I like almost anything as long as it's clever (and not depressing. I don't need more depressing crap in my life.) I read a lot, and so a good story has become pretty key with me.

I HATE ALL THINGS CLICHE.

Voltaire is awesome.

« Reply #776 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Welcome to the fray, Trick.  I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

« Reply #777 on: Feb 17, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Some people on the deviantart channel (#voidcity) will know me, but i will introduce my self on teh forums

I'm Masuko, like the art here, but can't add too it (not confident in ability) and .... well thats it really

« Reply #778 on: Feb 17, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Hello, all!  My name's Bacchi, I also go by Bacchiguu/Guu/Guugle on these internets, so any of those are fine too.
I've actually been thinking of joining here for the past few months, and I just worked up the courage to sign up...on the forums at least. 
I actually want to be a professional novel writer, but I also like to draw as well.  I've been practicing cartoon art ever since I can remember, though I think my whole anime-obsession phase was both a horror and a help to the development of my style.  I did take art classes during high school, but I feel like I didn't do well in them because realism isn't something I can do well.  I'm also a fan of all kinds of animation, though I prefer hand-drawn 2D over 3D any day.
So while I'm here, I can get some pointers on how to improve my style and I can do a bit of writing in the process.  Not just for battles, but for character developing as well. 

« Reply #779 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Thats cool, my uncle is a professional author.

« Reply #780 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Thats cool, my uncle is a professional author.

Really?  That's awesome. :D

« Reply #781 on: Feb 19, 2007, 07:15 AM »
I was looking for this site after I saw some artists post some void art jam pictures on deviant art.

I go by Kellythemus, for in history class i said Polythemus, the cyclops from the odyssey, was my father.
I'm from New England, and barley travel.
I'm the best artist in my school, and if i were lieing, everyone in the school would be like "STFU your better!"
When i let my mind loose on paper, i usually end up happy with the results.

« Reply #782 on: Feb 20, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Sup deizens of VOID!!

If I were to say my name was Jesus I'd be cheating, because I can't float on water, but you can call me "Chou,"  or Kristine. I really don't mind either way. I found this site while lurking around and browsing the awsome artwork and creations you guys pulled out of your sweat and guts to create. I also found this site through an artist I admire, her name is Seel-Dingo.
I look forward to creating my character, so let the beatings begin! XD

Hmm let's see I like cheese, doodling, 80's rock music, animals, playing with my Nintendos, food, movies hmmmm oh yea and you. ;D

I live in the avocado state, which isn't shaped like a avocado oddly enough. I attend San Jose State University as a Illustration/Animation Major, and yes they make you draw cubes...I'm not particularily picky about what kind of animation I prefer, just as long as I get some kind of feeling out of them. I don't like to say I'm any better or worse than the average art student, because I think everyone has room to improve. So I make continous efforts to "suck less" as my professor from last semester John Clapp quoted. If you guys haven't heard of him, he's one of the most inspirational art teachers I've come to be under the tutledge of. You can check out his stuff online.(google it lol)

Well nothing interesting to say about me, but I'm surprised you read this far, so I give you a nice painless asspat for your efforts. :D.....ok I lied about the last part
There is an element of truth in every idea that lasts long enough to be called corny. ~ Irving Berli

« Reply #783 on: Feb 20, 2007, 01:15 PM »
ahoy, greetings from across the bay!

get started right away, I look forward to seeing your stuff in the incubator or el stylo.

« Reply #784 on: Feb 23, 2007, 08:29 AM »
I guess this is the best place for a first post.
Oh yes, hello to you, who read this.

I am Dead Disco, or mostlyyetlikely. Or just Disco... Or whatever unique name you came come up for me. Use your imaginatioN! Its roadkill.

Climbing the grape-vine and word from mouth (realisticly, stalking blogs), void seemed like where all the cool art kids going, and I did not know existed untill I followed a link.

... I have like no idea what I'm supposed to be doing yet. Well.. Other than more obvious thing like drawing or creating a fighter, Im more like... "well why do I do this" and "how come its like this" and "oooohhh that makes sense". So for now, I'm forum junkie untill I become comfortable with the community concept. Seems pretty neat so far, and Im a fag for comics. I also enjoy art appreciation and the idea of documentating an artists growth! Im in love already, and on the first date... (blush)

Guess what my favourite colour.

GUESS. HAS THIS COLOUR MADE U SICK YET.

.... Oh yeah [A] to first post questions:

Who are you?
Im Disco.

Where'd you come from?
A secret base on the moon. Shh.

Where you going?
Void city, apparently!
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007, 08:32 AM by mostlyyetlikely »

« Reply #785 on: Feb 23, 2007, 01:06 PM »
ahaha, figures I'd manage to nearly skip-over the self-introductory thread.
As for questions..

Who are you?
My actual name would be Matt.  I could honestly care less what you call me; Matt, Mint, Mintley, Susan.  Yes, Susan.  I have one or two people who call me that.  It's interesting, to say the least.

Where'd you come from?
I come from Canadaland.  Fear my awesome Canadian Powarz. (read: none at all.)

Where you going?
Uhm, to the bathroom.  And the shower.  I feel dirty and I have somewhere to go in an hour.

« Reply #786 on: Feb 24, 2007, 04:52 AM »
Thank god theres an intro thread. Theres so much here I didn't know where to start.

First off, I'm Dotdotdot!. If so inclined you may call me "...!" or just simply "Dot."

I come from the ever growing burg of Spokane Washington, though I soon hope to change that. On the Interwebz, I have been known to hang around Smashboards. Also, i've been known to troll certain disreputable imageboards (But don't worry. I'll behave).

Where am I going, huh? Well, wouldn't you like to know.

Hopefully to my sketchbook, to work the rust out of my style. This whole "comic Battle" thing sounds fun and it'll hopefully teach me how to work with a deadline.

« Reply #787 on: Feb 28, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Hmm...

Oh, hello there! I didn't see you come in.

Who are you?
My life name is Max, my internets name is kouotsu. If there is a kouotsu on a site it is probably me. I am a loser inbetween colleges! My favorite thing to draw is cute stuff. Mostly animu gurls. One of my favorite artists is http://mota.sakura.ne.jp/ I'd like to improve my abilities in drawing manly things too, though!

Where'd you come from?
I came mostly from Mississippi.

Where are you going?
Well in October I am going to Pittsburgh to major in Game Art & Design probly
mail

« Reply #788 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Who are you?
Call me Dia. C: I am A highschool student, trying not to get crushed by the many papers I end up having to do. I'm trying to improve my style and work on posing and movement. What better way to do that then draw comics eh? I like Techno, Industrial, blah blah blahhh

Where'd you come from?
Born in the philipenes. Wich I can't quite spell...damn. Currently living in Texas, and I prolly will continue to live here.

Where you going?
Art college, and washington, if all goes well.

HEY EVERYONE -shot-

« Reply #789 on: Mar 03, 2007, 01:41 AM »
So this is sort of an EPIC REINTRODUCTION if you will. 39 pages and two and a half years ago I was trolling these forums under a different username, but totally forgot my password so that account is pretty much dead. Only like three of my posts survived the forum crash, so hey--might as well start over. And fntm is much more fitting now anyway.

SO YEA. Hi. I'm from Chicago so that's like automatic win right there. I discovered VOID through Mickey, but Brittnay was the one to really encourage me to join. And I still have nothing to show for, BUT SOON. Soon.

« Reply #790 on: Mar 04, 2007, 01:00 AM »
Hell, it's better I introduce myself now or never after hearing so much about it.

Who are you?
Shadow-Fox Kakuretsin if you want the entire alias.
Where'd you come from?
The Internet.
Where you going?
To make pictures for my "fighter" as this site likes to call it.
Life is a path of choice.

« Reply #791 on: Mar 04, 2007, 06:14 AM »
Hellow everybody, the name's Alex...

I'll be visiting the incubator with my character (the one on avatar) soon, getting things ready.

Where I'm from? Someone's dirty mind, most likely God's.
Where I'm going? The sky is the limit.

See you guys inside!

« Reply #792 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:16 AM »
Oh my, it seemed as though I wasn't aware there was an introduction thread:

I'm an artist who enjoys drawing monsters, strange worlds, odd buildings and weird heroes. I usually spend my time practicing digital art such as Animation, painting and 3D modeling; I also love practicing other languages. I often tend to humble myself when comparing my work to others and I'll almost always listen to suggestions given to me;  I feel as though I have much work to do before I can be considered the best one day. I joined this site because of it's interesting community and is a way to relax with one's art.

Also I'm an animation major.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007, 10:03 PM by koufuyo »
Is there anything cuter than a maltese puppy?

« Reply #793 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Mmmkay, here goes... 

My name is Rabbit.  That's all you need to know about that for now.  :3 

I'm a frustrated college student working on transferring to a 4-year college and getting a BA in Fine Art. 

My background is officially in fine art and figure drawing, but I'm hella bored with that shit & I want to go back to drawing cartoons like I did in eighth grade.  Comics are my one true love, but I've been having multiple affairs with homework, art assignments, video games, my job, and other unimportant stuff. 

I hope joining VOID will help me improve my focus, as well as produce some portfolio pieces that I can use in the future. 
No man or beast or kitty-cat or doggy is going to drag me down.

« Reply #794 on: Mar 10, 2007, 07:08 AM »
Dude....I totally wandered off months ago due to animation deadline and things.

BUT IVE WANDERED BACK. reintroduction XD

« Reply #795 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:04 AM »
what's up everyone? I'm grandpa a nice little shemale from arizona.  Long time listener first time caller, been watching void for a couple of years now.  I'm 18, going to college in the fall to study english.  I've been drawing for as long as I can remember but it's a rocky relationship so I'm hoping void will seal the bond between us [and get drawing to stop drinking because damn].
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007, 11:11 AM by grandpapa »

« Reply #796 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:06 AM »
Not quite sure why I didn't introduce myself here earlier instead of in my thread.

Yes, I'm Aim, and I'm quite amazed with the site, which I'm not saying just to suck-up, I assure you. XD

I enjoy art, writing, video gaming... uh, yeah, I wish I had more talent in any of the three activities though. I used to use oekaki for most of my major drawings, then simply switched to Procreate Painter and a really lame Photoshop demo that came with my tablet. Although I normally just doodle, I'm going to try to get serious enough with anatomy now so that I can get a character sheet up.

16, male. Not sure how much that matters.

I have an identical twin brother, who you might see around eventually, or you might not. Can't really tell. He's usually at most of the same places I am though. >.>;
Wait... wait... I'll think of something that goes here. XD

« Reply #797 on: Mar 11, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Well hi, i was looking for this comunity long time ago, since in deviantart i saw some art involving the VOID word, and he said that it was some kind of figthing character stuff, and i went all exited but i never found it till today when a friend made a character sheet for his character and told me the website.

I am luis Felipe but feliw sound cooler
I am from panama, yes i have a reason to suck with english
and i want to make a cool character and try to enter void(this line was so pokemonish)

« Reply #798 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Hey all. =D
Name's Carissa, but I go by Mouse, 'cause I've been a cheese addict since I was born and I guess cause I'm kinda shy too. XD You all have NO idea how many hours I spent wondering whether I should sign up or not, even if I'm not gonna fight... just yet. Anywho, I'm an 18-year-old community college bum planning on going to art school soon as I finish whatever crap I need for transferring, stop spending every hour drooling over old battles, and get a job. Someday, I might just have a fighter to throw into the fray, but for now I'll stick to learning what I can from all the pros here.

« Reply #799 on: Mar 12, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Harro, I'm Broodles.
I'm new here..um...
I'm part college student part dog groomer...who starts culinary school in august.
I hope I can get some cool tips and stuffs from you lot.
I'm so so artist..nothing magical in these fingers yet :/
well..
Love much
BROODLE!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

531 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us