INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1950 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Hi!! I'm Xiem, I'm 22 and I draw for a hobby. I got a D in a class last semester so I banned myself from going on tumblr or twitter and now, here I am, in the void. I started drawing more detailed comics sometime around last year, but I'm really hoping to improve the flow and composition of my pages!! I'm trying to major in computer science, so I know a thing or two about programming as well.

Looking forward to brawling it out with you all!!! :^)

« Reply #1951 on: Jan 15, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Hi!! I'm Xiem, I'm 22 and I draw for a hobby. I got a D in a class last semester so I banned myself from going on tumblr or twitter and now, here I am, in the void. I started drawing more detailed comics sometime around last year, but I'm really hoping to improve the flow and composition of my pages!! I'm trying to major in computer science, so I know a thing or two about programming as well.

Looking forward to brawling it out with you all!!! :^)

"I banned myself from attention sucking social media sites, so I signed up for this attention sucking social media stuff BUT WITH COMICS."

I love you, you are perfect. Stick around, come hang with us on the discord, and show us your stuff!!

« Reply #1952 on: Jan 20, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Heya everybody! I'm Vocal, just an ordinary college girl on dA. I was invited by fellow VOIDer MrPr, and am looking to have some fun here.

Blood will paint the sands of the battlefield. Your OC's souls will be my next meal.

:3 Also looking to become an animator.

« Reply #1953 on: Mar 29, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Hi everyone! I am PaperRabbit, I was actually here a long long looooong time ago, which is why I thought a re-introduction was in order. My current admin job at a company has kept me from steady drawing for a while now, and I've been feeling stuck. So, getting back into void, hoping it'll bring back my motivation to draw and help me actually progress and get better by forcing myself to deadlines. Hope I get to have some fun with everyone again! See you all in the battlefield!!!... once I manage to get a new character in :3

« Reply #1954 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Hello and welcome back!

« Reply #1955 on: Mar 30, 2017, 12:42 AM »
welcome back bruh

« Reply #1956 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Hi everyone! I am PaperRabbit, I was actually here a long long looooong time ago, which is why I thought a re-introduction was in order. My current admin job at a company has kept me from steady drawing for a while now, and I've been feeling stuck. So, getting back into void, hoping it'll bring back my motivation to draw and help me actually progress and get better by forcing myself to deadlines. Hope I get to have some fun with everyone again! See you all in the battlefield!!!... once I manage to get a new character in :3

Holy Moly I remember you and your character from like 10 years ago :O Welcome back!

« Reply #1957 on: Mar 30, 2017, 06:28 PM »

Blast from the past, good to have you back!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #1958 on: Mar 30, 2017, 10:54 PM »
Lol, thank you everyone!!! I might go into the incubator first, my comic skills are way too rusty. Also, 10 years back? Really? Has it been that long? :'D

« Reply #1959 on: Jul 11, 2017, 01:09 AM »
Hello Voiders! I figured since it's been nine years since I was last active here, an introduction might be a good plan. I say a week after I've already been bugging people in the chat.

ANYWAY! I'm Colin (that's a name change, if anyone remembers me from before), dwelling in Portland. In my absence I was doing comics sort of professionally, but only the color parts. My art's improved a tad bit but I was in dire need of comics practice again. And I'd found myself missing a community of wonderful creative types. Now I'm an architecture/theater student at a local university. Looking forward to settling back into this beautiful place.

« Reply #1960 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:41 PM »
Welcome (back) to Void :D

« Reply #1961 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:43 AM »
Hello all. I joined this site 12 years ago but never made a character nor contributed very much at all so I figure I should introduce myself like the other oldies. I draw as a hobby aswell as write a whole lot. Comics always been a part of my life, but the two comics I have on the site are actually my first two that I actually finished. XD

« Reply #1962 on: Aug 05, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Hi, I just found out about this like a week ago. I am hoping to start doing some webcomics soon but I have had trouble completing projects even though i have all the skills for it. However i think a lack of a deadline and too many ideas has impeded my process so I hope this place can help me complete some comics and get experience.

Also in the rules it mentions you can't post the comics on other places while it's being voted. what's the rules and etiquette of posting progress of the comic before it's finished on other art sites? I have an art progress blog i put on instagram/tumblr and would like to post wip stuff there while working on it.

« Reply #1963 on: Aug 06, 2017, 07:50 AM »
hello VOID! my name is Ario (but you can call me Catalessi, or wathever you like). i'm a beginner in the field of comics, and here i hope to hone my skills and converse with other enthusiasts.

« Reply #1964 on: Aug 06, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Welcome to Void! Pop into our Discord server for a chat some time!

« Reply #1965 on: Aug 06, 2017, 08:52 AM »
how can i find it? (im not an expert of discord)

« Reply #1966 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:23 AM »
If you click on Community at the top menu, click Chat, and it'll take you right there ;D Welcome!

« Reply #1967 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Hello people, the last time I was here was last year, also I don't think I ever introduce myself here.. well anyways my name is Alberto but you can call me by my username. I have okay drawing skills and I'm still practicing, I join here to do some web comics but I still had a lot to learn, maybe I wasn't happy with my drawing style last year. Just came by to find some inspiration and to read some cool comics! :)

« Reply #1968 on: Aug 09, 2017, 02:02 AM »
Hey, I'm not exactly new but I wanted to give myself another chance at this site. I used to go under ofthegoodnight but I changed my displayed name to Spectre, and I really really want to take the time to visually and conceptually develop a character that I'll actually battle with, so I'll make use of the incubator subforum when I have things to show. I know I don't have the best track record, but this round I'll think things through and ask for help. So, yeah, I'll try harder. c:

« Reply #1969 on: Aug 17, 2017, 06:08 PM »

You joined the same year I did.  Welcome back!
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #1970 on: Aug 29, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Hi, I'm Max. 26 years old & working in animation

I just stumbled across this website while trying to research some inspirational comic artists and got really pumped to make an account--I used to frequent a few forums like this for animation and it was a really fun way to motivate myself/learn the craft, and I've been desperately trying to break out with some short action comics so I thought it might be cool to introduce myself and post some work. I use discord so maybe I'll pop in at some point once I familiarize myself with the forums more

« Reply #1971 on: Aug 29, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Hi, I'm Max. 26 years old & working in animation

I just stumbled across this website while trying to research some inspirational comic artists and got really pumped to make an account--I used to frequent a few forums like this for animation and it was a really fun way to motivate myself/learn the craft, and I've been desperately trying to break out with some short action comics so I thought it might be cool to introduce myself and post some work. I use discord so maybe I'll pop in at some point once I familiarize myself with the forums more

Welcome to Void, dude! Hope to see some great stuff from you!

« Reply #1972 on: Aug 30, 2017, 03:43 AM »
ayyy welcome friend-o

« Reply #1973 on: Aug 31, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Hello, Void. I'm Wolfbaloo.

I was told by some friends of mine about this place and they encouraged me to join and give this place a shot in making characters and comics. Of course, it took me awhile to get around to it, almost two years I'd say or even more, but I'm finally here! I was working on my own comic series that I needed to revive in a new light. Now that I've gotten its second chapter done, I want to try to improve on my style, my art, and my comic making skills. And I've been told that this is a perfect place since there is something like a scoring system for your comics as well as your characters. Which is something I find very interesting.

I've actually been planning two characters and their own stories for Void, and I've had a lot of time to think about what they would be like and what they're goals would be. So I hope you guys look forward to seeing them. I also look forward to feedback on my story and characters!

« Reply #1974 on: Aug 31, 2017, 02:46 PM »
Eeeeey! I remember you : D

Welcome aboard, and look forward to seeing your future characters!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

277 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us