INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
« Reply #1875 on: Jun 06, 2016, 03:09 AM »
HI! I'm Cardshark, with a Captian in front. :3

I am coming from a FASHION ARTS SCHOOL (Which I stopped going to a while ago since school crushes me internally and externally.) I am now running around planting things for food, and planting flowers and bushes I want to draw.

Most of my art is self taught, still learning lots(of course, who isn't). I am NOT here for the invitational :P but was invited for it by someone I was in an OCT in before. I have learned a lot running around those circles, but was looking for something more my speed (like that wont take a whole year to make ;) .)

My aim for the future is to sell food to good people at a good price, and to draw a comic that has been chewing its way through my soul for a while now. I find tournaments to be the best way to improve artistic skill, and get feedback from people to help make it better. I am hoping to get better at action sequences and pacing. I also feel maybe I went a little all out with the intro HA.

P.S. This thread is olde innit?
You are a wonderful creature, you just need to believe it

« Reply #1876 on: Jun 06, 2016, 04:19 AM »
hey, welcome! glad to have you on board!
you suuuuure you dont wanna do the invitational? its gon' be fuuun~ =P

« Reply #1877 on: Jun 06, 2016, 05:50 AM »
Hello!! I love that you're growing food! That is so cool - it's something I'm interested in too!

Welcome to Void!

« Reply #1878 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Hi I'm Tem, I am a mostly self taught "artist" and saw enter void and thought it was a great idea of a place!
p.s. this is literally the first forum post I've ever made.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2016, 08:41 PM by Temtaklev »
Hotels and Places, I love travel.

« Reply #1879 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:39 PM »
welcome! happy to have you! have you checked our our invitational tournament?

« Reply #1880 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:43 PM »
I saw it but I have no real idea how to navigate the forums or submit
Hotels and Places, I love travel.

« Reply #1881 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Hey there! If you need any help, Me or any of the mods can help you!

We do have a small tutorial on how to submit, right here
Otherwise, don't be afraid to talk to us through Private Messaging, or through our discord chat!

« Reply #1882 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:54 PM »
well, hello, I actualy stumbled upon here while looking through my feed. the sight caught my eye and I just would love to see where it goes.
I'm nata, and I am from new york. I wan to improve my skill in sequential art. I really cant wait to start using this site more and just enjoying it ^^

« Reply #1883 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Welcome to Void! Can't wait to see your stuff!

« Reply #1884 on: Jun 07, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Hey all!

So... I'm Fox, (No, not that fox... not that one either... No, not that fox... No, that's Zorro...)... Ok. Start over...

Hey, I'm Fox, From Hey Fox comics.

So, I draw funny furry people, or at least that's the idea. That said my good friend has been bugging me to try this out. Expand my horizons a bit... So here I am!

When it comes to art, I'm a writer. That is to say, in terms of visuals, I'm self-taught and, you know, still  have a long way to go. Still, I think I really do have something to offer here!

Looking forward to finding out. ^.^

Love ya'll!

/Fox
Yeah, that Fox... No, wait, not that one, that other fox... No, that other... You know what, never mind. Gabrial Fox.

« Reply #1885 on: Jun 07, 2016, 11:39 PM »
HEY ITS THAT GUY
THATS THE GUY WHO WRITES THE WEBCOMIC I DRAW
WHAT UP YOU NERD COME DRAW COMICS WITH US

« Reply #1886 on: Jun 07, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Hey there Fox!
welcome abroad. hope you have fun and i hope you might consider joining the invitational. best chance to jump just right in.

« Reply #1887 on: Jun 07, 2016, 11:55 PM »
I am, in fact, specifically here for the invitational...

I'm currently sketching out a character to pitch!
Yeah, that Fox... No, wait, not that one, that other fox... No, that other... You know what, never mind. Gabrial Fox.

« Reply #1888 on: Jun 08, 2016, 05:23 AM »
Hi! I'm here for the invitational. Working on a character for submission, hehe.

« Reply #1889 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:56 AM »
I am ecstatic to meet all of you little nippers

« Reply #1890 on: Jun 08, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Hey everyone.  My name's Audius.  I draw everyday and haven't drawn a proper comic in little over a year.  Wanted to get into the invitational to practice and see what all the hype's about.

I drew a comic for a while called Generation at www.istcomics.com.  I've actually been drawing since I could hold a crayon, mostly self taught and always aiming to improve.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2016, 11:35 AM by Audius »
G-GANBARIMASU!!!  Ikuzo, ganbatte!

« Reply #1891 on: Jun 08, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Hidey ho Audius (and to all the other aforementioned new fish). Definitely getting more n' merrier up in here!

Super looking forward to oogling all your artyness. :D

« Reply #1892 on: Jun 08, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Y'know, I just realized that I never actually posted in this thread when I joined here years ago! I was kind of a noob XD

My name is Vicky! But I am used to being Ish online! I am from South America (Argentina to be specific). I joined here back in 2012 but since I wasn't too confident in my art skills, I stayed in the shadows mostly.

But now Kozispoon told me about the invitational, so I decided to take the chance and here I am! I hope to give my comic-making skills a much-needed improvement (specially page layouts, panels, composition, etc.) so I'll give it my best!

So see ya around! I can't wait for the tournament to begin!

« Reply #1893 on: Jun 08, 2016, 05:51 PM »
 Hi Ish! My mom and her parents came here from Buenos Aires whn she was 16!o) Welcome aboard;o)

To all else; I sorry peoples..
Trying to find a host for my content has proven too addy to work with(i hace no pc), or they don't sport file hosting with direct linking: guggle drive-nope, dropbox-nope, ozibox-no/app, outhouse-nope, imageshack-nope.. at least not without excorbitant fees:(
I have veen formulating content though, so ve pleased to not gives up on me kayz?

« Reply #1894 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Hey everyone! I’m eX, and I’m super new to the site! I’ve been familiar with Void in concept, but was always too terrified to join. It’s been a while since I’ve made a comic, and I participated in a very tiny tournament years and years ago, but I absolutely loved the experience and I felt like I learned a whole lot from it, so I thought this would be the perfect place to rekindle that!

Even though I’m a bit rusty, would the invitational tournament be a good time for someone like me to hop into?

« Reply #1895 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:36 PM »
[member=21957]spidermonkey[/member], ask one of our many friendly mods to help you out there. I'm not sure what else I could do there.

[member=22021]eXed[/member] Welcome aboard! Now's a perfect time to try out the Invitational! Jump right in.

« Reply #1896 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:40 PM »
welcome! The invitational is PERFECT if you are rusty! This site is all about helping people make the absolute most out of their comic art, and the invitational is specifically to introduce new blood to the site and our whole style, so its a great way to shake off the dust and get right into battling with other new folks!

« Reply #1897 on: Jun 08, 2016, 06:49 PM »
Hey, you can call me citronrobotlord

I've been drawing comics forever and I'm kind of a fanatic about the art form. (Hopefully that's not a problem? :B )

I joined up here after reading about the invitational tournament and I submitted baby barbarian. then I draw a couple intro pages for him anyways.

I'm really excited to get to know more people who share the same interest I have. :D

« Reply #1898 on: Jun 08, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Awesome! I'm really excited and nervous all at once! The community here seems awesomely kind and supportive, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot and moving towards improving! Gotta get to work on that sheet!

« Reply #1899 on: Jun 09, 2016, 05:25 PM »
[member=21957]spidermonkey[/member]
YOOOOO! So cool! And thanks for the welcome! About the hosting thing, have you tried deviantART's stash? I use it often!

[member=22021]eXed[/member]
Welcooooome aboard! Please join the invitational we love more people

[member=22002]citronrobotlord[/member]
Baby Barbarian is the most funny thing I've seen I love it. Welcome aboard too!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

301 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 304.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us