« on: Aug 05, 2022, 07:23 AM »
*cracks knuckles*

Re: THE APICULTURE
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2022, 07:34 AM »
first off;

bovine yugoslav grandmacore femboy witch

intended features;

• teenager. fifteen to seventeen.
  • masculine gender (not gender presentation).
  • magic user of some kind, specifics haven't been figured out. open to ideas and alternate power suggestions.
  • a prominent, non-human feature, associated with an animal, plant, pattern or object found in ex-yugoslav territories culture. ex; cow legs, sheep wool, sickle feet, two-headed eagle tattoo, nettle hair etc etc
  • cool color scheme, predominantly brown, with one or two colors that pop out
  • very soft, "weak" facial features, so that a couple strong ones can stand out
  • either chubby or skinny, can't be muscular
  • must wear a marama
  • must dress femininely and traditionally

all and every bit of advice, correction, suggestion, idea or merciless mockery is appreciated
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2022, 07:46 AM by umnokorito »

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2022, 08:43 AM »
I agree with everyone in the discord servers incubator channel that you have a pretty solid character idea. Though if you still insist on further input, I'll just ask one question for now. What do you ultimately want from him as a character for yourself?

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2022, 09:02 AM »
I agree with everyone in the discord servers incubator channel that you have a pretty solid character idea. Though if you still insist on further input, I'll just ask one question for now. What do you ultimately want from him as a character for yourself?

hm, i don't think i completely get this question, so i'll answer it twice;

1) i want a character with a simple design that features elements i'd have fun drawing repeatedly, and yet can be adapted, partially concealed or changed as a scene or even panel needs it, without the character losing their recognisability.

2) i want to use this character to test everything EV has to offer, from challenges to tournaments to special events. i'd actually like my first comic to be about oleander, but adapted to fit into the ... quite specific setting the boy up there is part of. i will a thousand percent toss him at scar matches, but not death matches.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:16 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaand here goes a bio mockup, to be prettied up and finished after the intro comic.

Spoiler: ShowHide

МИЛОДРАГ КАПЧАБАР
[ me - loh - dragh  cah - puh - chabar ]   

༻ meelo, dragan ༻✦༺ he/him/his ༻✦༺ southern slavic ༻✦༺ 17 ( 6th november)  ༺

BASICS

species; 62.5% human, 12.5% karakondžula, 25% cattle.

setting; earthlike quasi-magical post-apocalyptic wasteland-world dotted with settlements based on territories of ex-yugoslavia. his family travels it in a wyrm-legged walking village.

demeanor; polite, gentle, emotional. "feminine gestures".

motivations; idyllic domesticity. find a cute boyfriend or girlfriend -> get engaged and have a big, beautiful wedding -> move out to somewhere private and peaceful -> become a househusband and have eight children.

POWERS

NOTE; all vagueness is intentional, as to allow for more freedom of interpretation and writing.

praise; passive, cannot be disengaged. people find themselves either admiring him, or find it difficult to think of him as lesser than themselves.

meelo cannot discern when a person genuinely likes him, and when they're under effect of his ability.

worship; active. can cause a medium number of people to see him as a higher being, the grandiosity of their conviction progressing from someone awe-worthy to an outright deity. as this effect prolongs, the worshipping becomes more intense, dangerous and frantic, and the affected have a tendency to turn on each other in theological disagreement or jealousy.

the golden calf; triggered. if meelo experiences overwhelming emotional distress, the worship ability activates itself at its strongest, instilling bolt-sudden religious fervor into a large mass of nearby people.

difficult to deactivate. effects of prolonged distress are;
  • blood and tears gain colour and consistency of molten gold.
  • body parts, internal or external, become solid gold*.
  • brain hemorrhage.

*whether this is reversible or not is completely random.

OTHER

talents; cooking, cleaning, knitting, embroidery.

likes; songs with good singers, animals, modesty, dressing up.

dislikes; show-offs and braggarts, poor hygiene, wearing shoes inside, his powers.

GALLERY

TBA
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2022, 05:44 AM by umnokorito »

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2022, 09:46 PM »

hm, i don't think i completely get this question, so i'll answer it twice;

1) i want a character with a simple design that features elements i'd have fun drawing repeatedly, and yet can be adapted, partially concealed or changed as a scene or even panel needs it, without the character losing their recognisability.

2) i want to use this character to test everything EV has to offer, from challenges to tournaments to special events. i'd actually like my first comic to be about oleander, but adapted to fit into the ... quite specific setting the boy up there is part of. i will a thousand percent toss him at scar matches, but not death matches.

I get the impression that you made up your mind on a lot of the stuff that makes him good so I asked the question because it would help you realise more of what you already know even better. It'd be cool to see your Oleander!

Also, also the mockup of his bio is fun, eager to see your intro comic.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2022, 11:13 PM »
I'm here for the grandmacore.
Can't wait for the intro!
Really like the details of their face.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2022, 04:58 PM »
BIG UPDATE

settled on the visuals for my boy and mashed together a design sheet

obv this isn't finished yet, so i'd appreciate any input on how this looks and what else is needed 

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2022, 07:03 PM »
Character sheet looks good to me. Hit submit!
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2022, 06:42 AM »
I've been either busy, procrastinating or forgetful to say this but I agree with Heathen. Your character sheet meets all the criteria and I encourage you to submit whenever you have the time and if you are still dissatisfied with what you have you are always welcome to change and adjust the sheet as needed.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

307 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us