ABATTOIR

ABATTOIR
« on: Aug 17, 2021, 06:08 AM »
THIS IS AN INFORMAL HELLO, I FORGOT HOW BIG THIS IMAGE WAS SO I DECIDED TO SPOILER IT FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON TO SEE IT WHENEVER.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Hello! This will be my incubator! I actually have a big enough roster of characters to submit so you and I will be pretty busy with helping me make each character fit the submission criteria.

A few things on this character:

0. Back in 2016 I was geared up to dive into Void and did a roster of preliminary characters I'd submit. Most of them were grotesque/cartoony in nature as I was not confident in my skill at drawing what I loved and wanted. But then my scanner died and I couldn't do much. Now 5 years later I'm making the characters I wanted to do the most
pretty boys it's pretty boys
. Basically I'm ready to tackle what I couldn't before :)

1. I made this fella, Quicksilver for that War For Rayuba tournament and this pic is actually an isolated portion of the original character sheet but obviously the ruleset that I made him under doesn't apply here.

2. Drawing things in digital is still a tad arduous for me but I would appreciate any insights from you all on how to make the proper formal sheet better. Should I provide a back reference for him?

3. I've actually pencilled out 4 pages for his intro comic but I didn't like the pacing and didn't like the backgrounds. So I hope to scan those pages in somewhere in the immediate future to get some feedback.

That's all for now, thank you!

Re: ABATTOIR
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2021, 10:48 AM »
Oh man! They look pretty cool. I think a back view would be important to see how the wings com out on their lower back and shoulders. along with any extra markings.
Love their colors and extra eyes.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2021, 02:45 AM »
Glad you like him! Here is the preliminary form of the intro, I wanted to show as much as I could but I still feel like it's not enough (paradoxically it also feels lacking)

And while I'm here also get feedback on ideal image size. I made these too large, sorry!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2021, 08:33 AM »

I completed the sheet and now just gotta work on an intro comic that I can stomach.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:22 PM »
It's looking great so far! I'm sure you can make a great intro comic to go with it, I'm looking forward to it. : )

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:25 PM »
LOVE this design!!! Super interested to see how you translate this character onto void.

« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2021, 07:22 PM »
I'm grateful you two think so, thank you!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2021, 06:08 AM »
I'm not super good at backgrounds just yet so these pages were challenging to do. I tried to focus on what I could manage or liked to do.

Obviously people come into Void to improve and there is lots of room for improvement with these. But would these pages make the cut for my submission? If not I'd rather script and draw new ones instead of exhaust my time polishing these sloppy pages.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2022, 02:48 AM »

This is prince Ganymede, I originally wanted to submit a revised character sheet for him as my Gala Regalis entry but I am contemplating not being a masochist and exerting myself so he gets spared the meat grinder. But this means that I'm still submitting him to Void regardless and I'll overhaul him quite a bit on the way too, since this reference sheet has quite a few issues to say the least ahah. Aiden is lucky to have a modestly wealthy royal as a boyfriend.

« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2023, 06:35 AM »

Duncan was coined for the Monster Maker tournament and I hope I have the time to finalise his design by October lol.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2023, 04:54 AM »

Diov Sanguine is a lot easier to design and brainstorm than Diov Quicksilver (who is a demon) ever will be aaaooouuugghhhhhh.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

283 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us