Backstage Pass

Backstage Pass
« on: Dec 27, 2020, 01:28 AM »

What is Backstage Pass?
Backstage Pass is a podcast focused on characters and overarching stories within Void, as well as the process of making the comics of EnterVoid. The initial idea for this podcast was born from the realisation that a lot of planning and effort behind each character, story, and individual comic goes unseen, and we wanted to get a behind-the-scenes look at these processes through an interview-style setup. Rather than crit comics, we want to have conversations with artists.

How can I be featured?
Just ask! We won’t necessarily be looking at recent comics, and will often look at several at a time if we want to talk about things like character arcs and storylines. Episodes are based on specific artists, not specific comics. For shyer folk, don’t worry - episodes are pre-recorded and will only feature you and the hosts.

Isn't this just Junkcast?
Yes and no! We're going for a bit more of a traditional podcast setup, and also something that's almost the reverse of Junkcast; rather than put the spotlight on the comic itself and our reactions and takeaway from it, we want to hold a microphone out to the artist to let them spill their secrets. Junkcast is a comic review podcast, Backstage Pass is an interview.

----------------------------------------------------

Our pilot episode features Flytee as our guest star. This episode was mostly just proof of concept, and to try to iron out any wrinkles there might be. It's a little messy and a little informal, but we weren't worrying too much on the quality this time! Future episodes will be a bit more polished now that we know a little on what will work and what won't.

STARRING

FEATURED COMICS

HOSTED BY

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2020, 02:52 AM by TheCydork »

Re: Backstage Pass
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2020, 01:44 AM »
HEEHOO :D

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2020, 11:42 AM »
Yoooo this is such a cool idea! It's fun to hear what goes through artists' heads when they create comics. I look forward to seeing who else you bring on and how your podcast gets more professional and polished with time and experience. I don't think anyone appreciates how difficult it actually is to create/host a podcast until you do it yourself, so I just gotta emphasize that I'm sure this wasn't easy for you guys and I applaud the effort!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2020, 06:52 PM »
I need more void comic talk to fill the quiet times!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2021, 08:16 PM »

EPISODE 1: THE PIRATES AND THE PONTIFEX

STARRING

FEATURED CHARACTERS

HOSTED BY

Transcript coming soon!

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 08:58 PM »
Hi all! My sincerest apologies for the huge gap between episodes; I forgot to do the title card, and then between Lovechild and Batty’s house hunting, time sort of slipped away from us. We will be on hiatus for a little while longer, so please bear with us! As always, if anyone is interested in being a guest, feel free to contact us as we’re hunting for future eps ;)

EPISODE 2: HOMAGE TO A HELL RAISER

STARRING

FEATURED CHARACTERS

HOSTED BY

Transcript coming soon!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 3 Users

(1 Hidden)
[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us