Snager's Vibe Check

Snager's Vibe Check
« on: May 25, 2020, 01:59 PM »
Hi, guys, I'm new.

so UH I've been working on a character sheet for my first character on Void, but the character itself is like something I've been messing with for 7 years.

He used to be a sci-fi character, but now he's more of a 'Magical Realism*' character, and I'm wondering if I should submit just one or the other, or be COMPLICATED and make it like he can be both, but not at the same time. like flip a switch and he's Sci-fi!Kurdis. Turn it back off and he's regular old Selkie Kurdis.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od3A6Mc8Lao&feature=youtu.be

I at least know how he behaves and what he looks like and the difference between the two versions really just comes down to monster boy aesthetics vs. regular dude aesthetics.
Basically his deal is he used to be a rock start in the same vein as Jobriath or Alice Cooper, but now he works in film production stuff, like stunt coordination, fight scene choreography, safety check stuff. but in a place like Void City, that stuff is for realsies, apparently. It'd be pretty cool I just realized if Kurdis's deal was he was the one putting together all these high production void city fights and everyone else's characters were just other actors. XD but he can also play his role as Sci-Fi!Kurdis cause he can act just as well as anyone else.?

He also has teenager-aged children I want to add later if things go well. He's middle-aged but I don't like to draw the wrinkles on his face because that interferes with how i draw emotions. I moved them to his neck and hands as a compromise.

pretend i put clothes on him instead of drawing them off to the side in the corner. I can ink and color what ever later if this looks acceptable.

also here is a outline/script for his intro comic
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q8_9Qza4Iq9VWgHUTkS4EQ6ai9v65tRnkmfty0kqzmg/edit?usp=sharing

also comes with not one, but TWO pandora stations i trained but pandora just mixes the songs together. pretty annoying.
https://www.pandora.com/station/3328876873225155954
https://www.pandora.com/station/play/4230339359890027890?part=ug-desktop&corr=161035634

Re: Snager's Vibe Check
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea. Would be pretty funny to see this in action, especially with the right characters. Just be sure to portray a good motivation for your character to come to Void City if they were doing so in that setting, and show off what his abilities can be. Artsandgoodies has a Catador character that sets up gladitorial battles and such so this isn't an outlandish idea.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:02 PM »
I've already scrapped one intro comic and started a new one. Everyone has different ideas for what makes a good intro comic. But I only have 4 pages and I can't spill EVERYTHING that quickly.

But basically, what you need to know: there are two Kurdises (Kurdi?)
- sexy monster boy kurdis
- mom jeans kurdis

Perhaps I can just put it in his write up that he can do some martial arts, but probably only what he learnt from watching kung-fu movies? and maybe one summer camp session lol?

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Your best bet would be to complete his ref sheet and intro portraying him and his quirks/abilities and coming to Void City for a reason but try to leave a little intrigue for those readers to grasp for. The biography section can be filled with all the info that doesn't translate well into picture form. History, personalities,  relationships and, so forth.

Every battle Kurd is in will evolve him irregardless so just jump on the band wagon already! 8) My character Quint has been a work in progress for as long as he's been around... ... ...

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2021, 04:08 PM »

Behold, Adamn Graham

(Adam being a hebrew word that roughly translates to 'man flavor' and Graham being the boring breakfast food Karens feed their kids and the pun of 'damn' being him being edgy)

An average toxic cis hetero white male, except he's a 5'9 king (is that short? we can go shorter) and has a beard, which makes him more special.

I intend to use him for all the scar matches and when he's really looking rough, maybe some death matches. keep him shallow and unimpressive to myself so I'm not as precious with how I or others portray him, and hopefully, his story will unfold organically.

what yall think?
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2021, 10:12 PM by snager »

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2021, 10:10 PM »

I also wanted to submit Corvid, the familiar of The Witch Without Shame. He's an abomination of necromancy. and a perfect contender if anyone ever makes a bird themed tournament. Also comes with the witch's sentient cauldron, Blendtec Osteriser. It blends souls.

the challenge would be though that The Witch Without Shame is a fat bald bitch who never wears clothes and Corvid never talks.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2021, 10:13 PM by snager »

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2021, 11:15 PM »
Wow! this is a great idea! cis hetero white men are great punching bags so everyone will wanna fight I feel like this is such a revolutionary concept!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2021, 01:01 PM »
thanks, I've never seen it done before, either!

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2021, 09:42 PM »
I’m fucking cracking up over those last two character descriptions.
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2021, 08:36 PM »
for  the witch and corvid?

UwU thank

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

101 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 122.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us