ALL TOGETHER NOW! Epic Void Poster Revival

ALL TOGETHER NOW! Epic Void Poster Revival
« on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:18 PM »
Hell hello, Voiders! This place has been a well of inspiration and creativity for 20 years and I really want to honor that with a jumbo poster. Now a few years back Angie had attempted a collaboration poster where everyone submitted an illustration of their character.

https://entervoid.com/index.php/topic,12687.0.html

Unfortunately that project was never completed. While I would be excited to see that piece finished, I was hoping to do something more in the style of James Stokoe's (James) illustration:

https://www.deviantart.com/elspike-o/art/XYBER-HUGE-VOID-POSTER-15946748?q=gallery%3Aelspike-o%2F22358201&qo=30

This piece contains 177 character! Quite an endeavor! At that time this was every character on Void. Today, there is well over 500. Way too many for me to fit into a single illustration. What I'm asking from you all is help collecting all the character references of the active Void characters, iconic characters, influential characters, and those that everyone loves dead or alive. I'm going to look over past years Void awards for help with this as well. I am ready to draw 200+ characters in this beast if it comes to that so please don't be shy in voicing your opinions here. Fare warning, though, what halted the progress of Angie's poster was that there were too many cooks in the kitchen and it was impossible to make all of them happy, therefore I will be the final arbiter of who gets into this poster, who doesn't, and how much focus they get. I promise that this project is a labor of love and I will do my upmost to honor everyone one of you.

Here is a Google Drive folder for the character design sheets. If you do have any suggestions, for the composition or how to tackle such a big piece, please comment on this thread.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nIOoqaG-4GiI-K_Opi7H9HXKQlseIYJm?usp=sharing

I'm excited to get to with on this and I hope to do it justice!
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2020, 08:05 PM by kubo »

Re: ALL TOGETHER NOW! Epic Void Poster Revival
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:29 PM »
What if it was done in groups? So it'd be grouped like humans,monsters, anthros, robots, aliens, dead people, etc. then at the end of it we stick them all together? Or even done by year they were introduced. It may be overly ambitious but it'd be awesome to see the entire cast of void throughout the years in one crazy huge mural. I can get a folder ready of each character that's been introduced in chronological order. I've been digging through the archives lately anyway so I can go through it again lol.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:02 PM »
nevermind me

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:16 AM »
What if it was done in groups? So it'd be grouped like humans,monsters, anthros, robots, aliens, dead people, etc. then at the end of it we stick them all together? Or even done by year they were introduced. It may be overly ambitious but it'd be awesome to see the entire cast of void throughout the years in one crazy huge mural. I can get a folder ready of each character that's been introduced in chronological order. I've been digging through the archives lately anyway so I can go through it again lol.

Oh wow, that’s an interesting idea. I was thinking of having all the Arma villains and heroes showcased. Getting a full timeline would be a great start!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2020, 11:05 PM »
Just got done counting all the characters. So remember the guess of 500? That was off by about...894. I'll have to clean up the list before finding the final numbers but I think it's safe to say we stick to iconic/classic characters and active characters for now. The chronological order thing may not be possible either but I'm going to do my best on that. I'm 150 Characters in so far and it'd be neat to have a more simplified archive of the archives for characters only lol.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:06 AM »
Just got done counting all the characters. So remember the guess of 500? That was off by about...894. I'll have to clean up the list before finding the final numbers but I think it's safe to say we stick to iconic/classic characters and active characters for now. The chronological order thing may not be possible either but I'm going to do my best on that. I'm 150 Characters in so far and it'd be neat to have a more simplified archive of the archives for characters only lol.

As tantalizing as it sound to draw nearly 1000 characters in a illustration, I feel that will be unnecessary. While I respect everyone's contribution to this site, some of the character have either never entered a battle or submitted a comics. I think its safe to say we should omit any older character who have not at the very least passed these requirements.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:52 AM »
Kubo! Thanks for spearheading this. You have my 100% support!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Incredible idea and a valiant endeavor! Would the character roster be a good reference? You have to of been in battles and active to be up on the character roster list, right? Anyway. Kudos, Kubo, I commend you!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2020, 11:29 PM »
Incredible idea and a valiant endeavor! Would the character roster be a good reference? You have to of been in battles and active to be up on the character roster list, right? Anyway. Kudos, Kubo, I commend you!

Yes, I am taking into account activity in the battles as well as popularity in the community. There are a number of very popular characters who haven't been in a lot of battles/comics that I do think should be added to the poster.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

110 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 113.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us