Pizza's Incubator

Pizza's Incubator
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:08 PM »

Kind of a test post cuz I have no idea what I'm doing.

Design notes:
-He's still in the design phase but for the most part this is what he'll look like.
-Not sure if I want to keep the sword. It's there for decoration mostly. I think I want to make him a fisticuffs brawler.
-He has fangs but it's hard to tell I'm still learning how to draw those.

Info so far
Name: (Count) Burmeister
Species: Vampire/Unnamed Giant Mantis Creature
-He can use telepathy
-He can walk on walls because I saw it in Van Helsing and I'm a huge nerd.
-Usual vampire agility but I don't want to make him super strong.
-He is weak to sunlight

background/personality so far
- After being decapitated by his so called mate, Burmeister's severed head was turned vampire by a generous patron. After which his head was inserted onto a donor human body. He has since lost contact with his mysterious benefactor but he's more concerned about finding meaning in his new, undead life.
-I'm thinking of making him fairly eccentric. Maybe well spoken with hints of manic outbursts.
-Most of his motivation revolves around finding new interesting things to deter him from his notion that his life is meaningless and hollow. Basically he's outgoing and adventurous.

That's all I got for now. Or at least all I can remember.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:00 PM by TheFrigginPizzaMan »

Re: Pizza's Incubator
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 01:40 AM »
very interesting concept... vampire mantis.... so he is basically an undead right.

It might help to sketch out some sketch pages and see how he will behave.
bringing him to action might make things clearer.
i would love to see some content besides his reference sketches

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:06 AM »
I'm a big fan of the background of the character literally revolving around the natural behaviors and actions taken by praying mantis. Mantises?? So I wanted to pop in and say that's really fun, and just, in general, this is a really fun vampire character.

You mentioned not knowing if you wanted to keep the sword? You could always tie slicing weapons into his backstory and give him some insane fear of decapitation, and even go as far as to still let him keep a sword, but have it be wooden. I think that would fit in with the fisticuff style too since at that point the sword isn't delivering slashing damage but blunt damage instead. Just a suggestion though. I really enjoy what you've got so far!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 11:19 AM »
Really nice design! I agree with Paper as well, having a wooden sword would be a neat tie in to his past and how he fights currently. Are you planning an intro comic btw or submitting him to invitationals?

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2019, 03:26 PM »

Updated just in time to maybe do the invitational (we'll see if I even make it lol) I kept the sword but he's still a hands on brawler. Might add and take away powers I established last post we'll see in a few hours.
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2019, 03:28 PM by TheFrigginPizzaMan »

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:08 PM »
New guy! Buffy Blueberry

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2023, 12:24 AM by Pizza Man »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

283 Guests, 3 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us