VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread

VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread

Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #50 on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:24 PM »
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Simply cheap then? Well, better than penniless at least...

Chorden took a moment to reach into his component pouch, secured tightly on his waist. Rummaging through it's contents he pulls out a single root, a "Juxi Root", one of many specimens grown amongst the soils of the Suntea Islands. He reaches over his shoulder to unsheathe one of his daggers, and with the root in his grasp he carefully cuts the bottom end as it drops into his palm. Known for their rich cinnamon-like taste, Chorden chucks the piece into his mouth, savoring the flavor as he slowly begins to chew.

He breaks his gaze off from the seasoned Elf as he bobs his head downwards, his eyes sequently motion left to right. He begins tapping the flat end of the dagger's blade against his jawline in a repetitive manner as he loses himself in thought. He weighs the options set before him, taking no more than another moment's pause until finally settling on his intentions. He locks his gaze with Delric's once more as he proceeds...

"...First thing's first, your offer is certainly substantial enough for us to accept the job at hand. However, if I may be so bold I'd like to add a single condition to the deal. We receive the first thousand gold upfront and take and the remaining amount upon completion. We must be aware of the possibility of Queensmen stumbling upon us amidst the act, or of interference from any unexpected "third party", allies of Rugo or otherwise. If that happens we may need to consider retreating back into hiding for a period of time. We could use the money either for a traveler's fee, or for food and supplies if we decide to remain within the city walls."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 1  = (3) + 1 = 4

Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #51 on: Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 PM »
“What the f-!” Luis almost let out a yelp, he was already tense enough and didn’t need, nor expected someone to suddenly invade his personal space. He wanted to bite the new person’s face off, but quickly remembered Truman had mentioned someone matching the description… “You must be Alichino...”
Oddly enough, the surprise he received from the new member managed to make his fur stop glowing.

Luis quickly looked back at the hooded visitors, hoping they hadn’t noticed his (very manly) shout seconds ago “Those three over there-No, hey, no,  don’t look at them…!”
The wolf huffed “They are White Jacquets… And- And you look way too cheery for the situation we’re in...”
"Alichino? There is no Alichino here. I am... Curtis. For now."
The ale the fool ordered had arrived, and it was completely gone before the barman had time to walk away. Quickly ordering another, the fool watched with amusement as his canine companions energy went from about "coiled spring" to "high strung lute".
"Queensmen, yes, I know. They came from the library, you know? Walking the libraries stories among the stories, maybe getting in a tale of their own. They think it's a mystery, but I think it's more of a horror story myself..."
Their story, however, wasn't nearly as appealing to the fool as the leftover food on the table, though.
"Cheery? Why shouldn't I be cheery? Today is a very good day, after all! I found something interesting, and was introduced to a new friend! And hey, free food!"
The fool casually stole some food from one of the abandoned plates on the table, and began to listen to the queensmen. "Yes, yes, a very good day indeed..."

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 = (13) + 1 = 14
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2019, 11:32 PM by SaintGame »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #52 on: Apr 11, 2019, 06:28 AM »
The Back Room at the Cracked Cup:

Spoiler: show
Ah yes, the real reason I do this dangerous and thankless job, the insurance, Truman thought to himself.

"If you two are almost done..." Truman started, opening the room's door just a crack to see outside.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 = (2) + 4 = 6

Truman yawned, squinting to try and make out what was going on outside.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #53 on: Apr 11, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Cracked Cup, backroom:
Spoiler: show

Chorden:
Delric clears his throat. “Er, a thousand up front? I’m afraid your fee is at my safehouse right now, and rather…inaccessible for the moment. I only have 50 on my person, of which I’ll gladly give you every coin.” He quickly offers up a small jingling bag.

Truman
You peer at the door, but the commotion of some patrons leaving prevents you from having a clear view of the room. You call upon Chorden for assistance, and the kobold once again proves his reliability as a scout. Together you notice that Figg is gone from the bar, with only one of two servers left working in the tavern. Most customers have left, save a few in the far corner and three familiar folks in cloaks—the Queensmen from the Library. White Jacquets.
 

Cracked Cup tavern:
Spoiler: show

 Alichino “Curtis”:
You observe the Queensmen from your table. Through muddled whispers you catch a word once in a while. “Wait. Arrival. Contained.”

Mikella and Anna, Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show

You both arrive at the Cracked Cup Tavern at roughly the same time, working through the crowded street under the sun-streaked afternoon sky. The Cracked Cup is always a popular place for gangs to meet, but as you step into its shadow you notice a different kind of activity today—the patrons seem to be calmly leaving. From here you can’t see any obvious reason for the subtle evacuation, like smoke or a rogue cook-fire.

Yoshiko and Yo, the streets:
Spoiler: show

Lady Gallivante wiggles with anticipation, causing her tortoise to wince and squirm beneath her. “Oh my—how exciting, Miss Lucy,” she giggles, and pulls a small coin purse from the depths of her bosom. She extracts 3 gold and places it in the palm of your hand. “Are you visiting Voidheim with the Green Fairy Carnival? I was hoping to make it to the big tent today, but it’s a long ways, isn’t it?” She looks down at her sluggish steed. “No, perhaps tomorrow I shall attend…”
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019, 08:20 PM by Mister Kent »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #54 on: Apr 11, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Cracked Cup, Backroom
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan side-eyed her lizard companion. It was easy to forget that the Kobold's considerable talents were perhaps only matched by his greed. Not an unwanted trait, nor a trait uncommon to this lifestyle, but a negotiation faux pas nonetheless.

"We can draft up a proper contract once we finalize the details of the operation, then we can begin talking payment." Lai Shan added, with a raised finger. "After all, there are additional operation expenses to consider; props, bribes, alcohol..."

She trailed off the moment she noticed Truman's attention elsewhere. Truman was a professional, and especially distrusting of strangers; if his eyes were off the client, something more urgent must have come up.

"Something the matter, Mr. Truman?"
.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #55 on: Apr 12, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
"We've got company. Queensmen, same three from the library. We need an exit plan, stat."

Truman's hand came to rest on his blade, the Last Resort, for a just moment, before he drew it back to the door to pull it closed.

"I doubt it needs saying, but I'm sure Figg would prefer we not bloody up his bar."

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #56 on: Apr 12, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Yoshiko and Yo, the streets:

Spoiler: show
Lucy fishes out 3 coins from her sleeve and smoothly lays them on the table with her paws.

"Oh the Carnival is in town? I'm merely a wandering merchant of goods and games from all across the land so I must not have noticed~"

She coyly placed a finger on her chin, in a playful gesture of thought.

"Perhaps I should have a talk with them and set up shop there too. Now, heads or tails?"
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2019, 07:55 PM by Jiisuri »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #57 on: Apr 12, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show


Yoshiko:
Spoiler: show
Lady Gallivante smiles. "Oh yes, the Green Fairy Carnival has just arrived! It's been some years since they've been by. You'll find the big top tent set up at the Arena..."

She pauses, then makes her choice. "Tails, of course!"

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #58 on: Apr 13, 2019, 01:22 AM »
Yoshiko

Spoiler: show


Lucy eyes carry a smile, her mouth masked behind a veil.

Sleight of Hand check: 1d20+8  = (16)+8 = 24

One by one, she flipped each coin, slamming each one down on the table as they fell and revealing the result.

OOC: She will rig the game in Lady Gallivante's favor, having 4 coins show up tails and 2 coins show up heads

"Today seems to be a fine day for you, Lady. Would you like to play another round?"
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019, 01:25 AM by Jiisuri »

Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #59 on: Apr 13, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
Chorden:
Delric clears his throat. “Er, a thousand up front? I’m afraid your fee is at my safehouse right now, and rather…inaccessible for the moment. I only have 50 on my person, of which I’ll gladly give you every coin.” He quickly offers up a small jingling bag.
Quote

Inaccessible?!...

No, no, no that is NOT the word Chorden wanted to hear. For you see he knew all too well of the word and it's meaning, and he would tell you "Inaccessible" was reserved only for the debtors who leeched off the coin of others, or suckled opium tubes til they were dry, with only the imminence of broken limbs to compensate. A furrowed brow began to form on Chorden's face, if only one half of one that was visible. His teeth began to bare ever so slightly as a lingering flame kindled within his very being. Gripping the blade in his hand ever tighter he glared down Delric with such a fiery passion, as if to decipher the truth from under the veil that was his calming guise.

Insight: 1d20 + 1  = (20) + 1 = 21

However, as Lai Shan spoke his focus snapped back. Her words sprang true with reason, enough for Chorden to ease his fury for the time being.

"Sigh as you wish my dear. Though I shall specify the terms of payments again later, for now the fifty gold will have to do. Oh, Miss Lai Shan if my mind has not waned yet I believe I have a fair understanding of what your plan may be. Though I must ask, please refrain from purchasing any of the more "expensive brands" if you can. You tend to carry a nasty habit of pursuing concoctions of a, shall we say of a "finer quality". A simple ale or wine should suffice..."

It wasn't long after that Chorden caught the glimpse of Truman peering through the creak of the door...

"Vigilant as ever Truman, but please attempt to "listen" to the topic at hand if you aren't going to partake in it."

Stricken with curiosity from Truman's lack of a response, Chorden dropped down from the table's platform to scurry over. Without warning nor permission he begins climbing up against Truman's backside, using the fabric of his clothing for support. He makes his way to Truman's head level as he finds himself a suitable perch upon his left shoulder. He surveyed the outside area just above Truman's head to gather what he was seeing.

Perception: 1d20 + 3  = (17) + 3 = 20

He spots a table not far from theirs, harboring three familiar figures."What the nine devils are you looking... no, Queensmen!

As Truman alerts the rest of the imminent danger Chorden jumped off his shoulder. He brandishes a worn blowgun.

"Nevertheless, better to be prepared for a brawl if one does indeed come to pass." He says as he takes stock of his ammunition, laying out a pile of scattered darts with a small vial of poison to accompany it...

"At the very least, let's try to keep it outside."

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019, 05:25 PM by ZigZagaroo »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #60 on: Apr 13, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Cracked Cup
Spoiler: show
Lai Shan leaned over to the door to peek at the outside.

"It doesn't look like they're here for a search. We have some time, let's plan this carefully."

Lai Shan made a count of everyone's relative positions before returning to the table.

"I can easily sneak out without problem and I can even take Chorden with me, though I wouldn't want to leave the rest of you behind. I trust there are those of us who are adept at making inconspicuous exits..."

She nodded at Truman, ever the capable scoundrel.

"...but I admit concern for those of us who can't."

She glanced over at Aaron and the still somewhat tipsy Delric.

"And to complicate matters, there is still our inebriated watchdog outside. I hope he trusts you enough to take that coffee, Aaron, or else his impulses might cost us this chance."

Luis, short-nerved as he was, always proved an obstacle to effective planning. But Lai Shan was already a step ahead.

"Thankfully we are in a bar, and no one would think twice if someone were to, say, suddenly burst into loud, boisterous song. Nothing grabs attention quite like the melody of drunken stupor."

Lai Shan reaches into her purse and produces a jade-colored velvet beret that matched her emerald-colored dress, adorned with a diamond-shaped brooch embedded with a crystal that seemed to shift colors each time it was kissed by the light, and a long white plume. As she fastens the hat to her head, she snaps her fingers and in less than a blink, she suddenly takes the appearance of a bland tavern girl with fair but blemished skin, dirt-brown hair, a simple cotton dress and a dirty apron. With another wave of her hands, a wicker basket suddenly appears in her hands, with a tall stack of dirty washcloths. She invites Chorden to leap into her arms, using the illusory basket as cover.

"Chorden and I will take our leave. Now then, who here has strong singing lungs?"

Using Hat of Disguise to disguise Lai Shan as a human tavern girl.
Using Minor Illusion to create Illusory Washcloth Basket.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #61 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:16 AM »

Mikella and Anna, Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show

You both arrive at the Cracked Cup Tavern at roughly the same time, working through the crowded street under the sun-streaked afternoon sky. The Cracked Cup is always a popular place for gangs to meet, but as you step into its shadow you notice a different kind of activity today—the patrons seem to be calmly leaving. From here you can’t see any obvious reason for the subtle evacuation, like smoke or a rogue cook-fire.


"Danger afoot!" Annas eyes brighten at the prospect of setting something or to quench the fires of misschief that has clearly befallen this place of comraderie. Where else is the criminal elements to gather for her to fight, and how dare they not be engaged in a barbrawl allready. Anna kicks the door open, her massive blade still on her back, the tieflings eyes pitch black but for the irises glowing red. Her hands stretched out in a glorious gesture of boisterous confidence. "What ho' miscreants!"

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #62 on: Apr 14, 2019, 03:32 PM »
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
"Strong singing lungs? ...hmmm."

Gears began to turn in Truman's head.

"Grok, can you send a message to the odd looking fellow bothering Rios? Get him to make a scene."

Truman began to work on a disguise of his own, and checked to make sure his gunblade was loaded. (Wax bullets, less deadly than lead.)

"Delric, you have any skills that may come in handy here? Magic, subterfuge, anything?"

Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #63 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:34 PM »
Cracked Cup, Backroom:
Spoiler: show
Chorden gaveLai Shan a knowingly nod as he proceeds to gather and store his laid out munitions.

"Sir Delric, we apologize for this sudden disruption, but I believe you'll prefer a change in scenery just as much us..."

He glimpsed over toAaron, his look moving from his soft and polite expression, down to the bare skin stripped bone that serves as his new leg. His enormous size alone would be the first thing to give away his location, and his new appendage, though he's gotten attuned to it, would surely impede him in a chase. He winced at the thought of losing poor Aaron, ever so slightly a sign of pain gave way for those to spare a mere second's glance. He shrugs it off, and returns to that cold reptilian demeanor of his.

"Do as Truman says, just keep your wit and your brawn hand in hand and you'll be fine."

He turns towards Truman, with a furrowed brow to greet him...

"You make sure he gets out of this."

Without a word more he strides towardsLai Shan, ready for whatever tricks she has planned.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #64 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Cracked Cup, Back Room -> Bar
Spoiler: show
As Chorden scampers into her arms, Lai Shan looks back to Truman one last time.

"See you on the other side, chief."

With a wink, she leaves through the door and into the bar. Mimicking a face of hurried concern, she briskly walks the basket from the back room to the front door, careful not to bump anything or anyone.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #65 on: Apr 15, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show

Chorden:
Delric whispers his assurances as you prepare to leave. "The fee is inaccessible but VERY secure. Once Rugo's place is taken care of--and the tide changes--you'll get the rest of the gold."

Truman:
"I am no stranger to guile and subterfuge," Delric answers. "Just point me where you want me..."

Cracked Cup, main room:
Spoiler: show

Alichino and Luis:
"What ho' miscreants!" a patron shouts as she bursts in. It is the familiar presence of Anna Star, a notable player in the local underground that you've recently become acquainted with. From the large sword on her back, it's clear she's ready for anything.

Anna:
As you enter, you see three men in brown cloaks, each unknown to you. Over at a table you see some recent acquaintances, though you can't quite recall their names.

You also run into a bar maid in a great hurry...

Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.

Yoshiko on the Streets:
Spoiler: show

Lady Gallivante hesitates, then waves her chubby fingers excitedly. "Yes yes, again! I still say TAILS!" Her butlers huddle close, paying extra attention to the game now. The tortoise begins crawling forward, growing impatient. Perhaps his mistress's pace is too slow even for him!

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #66 on: Apr 15, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Sparky boy
Spoiler: show

"Alichino? There is no Alichino here. I am... Curtis. For now."
The ale the fool ordered had arrived, and it was completely gone before the barman had time to walk away. Quickly ordering another, the fool watched with amusement as his canine companions energy went from about "coiled spring" to "high strung lute".
"Queensmen, yes, I know. They came from the library, you know? Walking the libraries stories among the stories, maybe getting in a tale of their own. They think it's a mystery, but I think it's more of a horror story myself..."
Their story, however, wasn't nearly as appealing to the fool as the leftover food on the table, though.
"Cheery? Why shouldn't I be cheery? Today is a very good day, after all! I found something interesting, and was introduced to a new friend! And hey, free food!"
The fool casually stole some food from one of the abandoned plates on the table, and began to listen to the queensmen. "Yes, yes, a very good day indeed..."

“...What in the world are you talking about?” Luis wasn’t able to keep up with Curtis’ quirky way of talking. And he was probably still poisoned for all we knew.
This newcomer didn’t even have 5 minutes of joining him in the table, and he was already getting on Luis’ nerves

“I’d be wary with the pork ones. They gave an upset stomach to one of ours” He added as Alich- Curtis reached for the plate “Managed to knock a bugbear, not sure how well you’d fare”
However, seeing Curtis writhe from a tummy ache sounded amusing; Maybe he shouldn’t have said anything about the food.

Perception roll: 1d20+3 = (2)+3 = 5

Luis tried to focus on listening to the White Jacquets on the other table, but it seemed a task impossible. Between a lingering headache, the common sound of a bar, and Curtis, Luis wasn’t sure what to blame.

Cracked Cup, main room:[
Alichino and Luis:
"What ho' miscreants!" a patron shouts as she bursts in. It is the familiar presence of Anna Star, a notable player in the local underground that you've recently become acquainted with. From the large sword on her back, it's clear she's ready for anything.

And just when Luis thought the surprises had stopped.
It was hard to mistake that sword, that looked comically large for the tiefling to be able to actually carry.
But Luis himself was a dog that glowed blue, why would he find this uncommon now.

“She’s… Going to get into trouble...” He whispered to Curtis, not losing sight from Anna.

Clenching his fist, he reached Monomythica’s amulet, just in case he’d need to summon her aid. Luis was getting nervous again. Hopefully his fur would give no hint of that.

Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.

Perception roll 1d20+3 = (12)+3 = 15

It was odd, but a familiar odor hit your nostrils, though not completely sure yet where it came from. Reminds you of Lai Shan but might have been a coincidence. You didn’t see her come out of the backroom.

You're getting impatient, they've been speaking with Delric for some time now. Unless Anna doesn't pull something dangerous, you're all safe. As much as Luis could use a fight to release some of his anger, it didn't seem advisable to fight inside Figg's bar

Both Tieflings and Shifters have a bad reputation for being destructive in their path. It was best to not give people more reason to believe such stupid stereotypes.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2019, 09:42 PM by Dechado »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #67 on: Apr 15, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Yoshiko at the Steets
Spoiler: show
"Very well. Another 3 gold? Or perhaps more? There is no sin in betting less, however."

Lucy began flipping one of her own coins and catching it."


*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #68 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Lai Shan and Chorden, disguised:
You break for the entrance in your barmaid disguise, past Luis and the new man at the table, right past the three White Jacquets, and right into a familiar tiefling--Anna Star, a very recent but friendly acquaintance and potential business partner.
[/spoiler]

Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
There was about a whole second of frozen time as Lai Shan glanced over the boisterous tiefling's features; her bright eyes, eager smile, comically large sword, and then her greeting began to register. There was only time to think...

"Oh no."

Lai Shan puts on a weak smile and shuffles past Anna nervously, walking outside the bar, around the corner, and into an alleyway where she kneels down to set the "basket" down.

"Chorden this is BAD." she whispered. "The new girl looks ready to start a ruckus!"

Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #69 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show
Greeted with a face first collision into an unknown figure, Chorden couldn't help but give a slight yelp in reaction to the impact, hoping the sounds of tavern goers would drown it out. He grabs his snout in recoil from the sudden bump, and as he looks up upon the perpetrator worry begins to overtake him once more. As he looks upon the audacious tiefling, her  pupil less eyes, her piercing horns, and that butcher's cleaver she calls a sword, a single thought sprang in his mind:

"Shit."

As they exited the Cracked Cup, taking refuge in the alleyway just next to it, Chorden spiraled into a mild panic over this newfound complication.

"Shit, shit, shit...", he quietly muttered to himself.

"Chorden this is BAD." she whispered. "The new girl looks ready to start a ruckus!"
Quote

"Yes I'm fully aware of the repercussions, thank you!...

Chorden vigorously rubbed his temples,"Damn it!... We have to draw her out here, lest she doom us all..."

He pressed down harder upon himself, desperate for a spark of inspiration. He snaps his fingers as an idea begins to form.

"Alright, here's the plan. You run back in there and desperately plead for her aid to stop the fiendish Kobold that just robbed you on your way out. I can lead her away for a few blocks, long enough for the rest to make their departure."

He took a moment to fasten his hood before continuing," Let's see, tell her it was your late mother's pendant that she, hmm... ah yes! That she,before her passing, requested you to pawn off for contributions to the Julicko House! Believe me, folk of her ilk are more easily swayed when there's more emotional investment to it."

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #70 on: Apr 17, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Cracked Cup, Main
Spoiler: show

"Alright, here's the plan. You run back in there and desperately plead for her aid to stop the fiendish Kobold that just robbed you on your way out. I can lead her away for a few blocks, long enough for the rest to make their departure."


Outside the Cracked Cup:
Spoiler: show
"Ugh, Damseling? Really?"

Lai Shan's dismay was palpable. Not because she thought the kobold's plan was bad; on the contrary, it was because the plan was optimal. It was, however, an act that she found in poor taste, and had grown rather tired of.

"Alright, you'll have your distraction, simple enough. I should warn you though that there's a considerable chance that you might draw the Queensmen as well. Just be prepared to get those little legs running, you'll know the signal when you hear it."

With that, Lai Shan rose to her feet, cleared her throat, and...

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!"

Expertly, she stumbles in through the doors of the Cracked Cup in a flustered panic.

"S-someone, HELP! That horrid little kobold stole my precious pendant!"

As per the role, she quickly craned her head left and right, until she locked onto Anna and clutched her shoulders with her hands.

"P-please! You have to stop that thieving scamp!"
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 07:26 PM by A Bad Idea »

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #71 on: Apr 19, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Anna scans the room for any near-do-wells and upon not a single challenge to martial might, she steps in. Her steps full of confidence, her eyes daring anyone to step up. Thats when the scream came, and Anna, lept into action "UNHAND THAT TRINKET OF SHODDY MONETARY VALUE BUT EMOTIONALLY IMMEASURABLE WORTH YOU FLINKFINGERED CREETIN"  She set off, running after them, one hand. Drawing no doubt all the attention to them and off anything the other group was doing.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #72 on: Apr 26, 2019, 10:55 PM »
Cracked Cup, main
Spoiler: show
The trio of White Jacquets rouse at their table at the mysterious woman's mention of a thief. Lifting their heads up from their drinks, they turn to each other.

"Gentlemen, we're in luck," the thinnest and tallest member of the hooded trio says to his comrades. "And here we thought this would be a dull afternoon..."

They stand and follow the tiefling in her pursuit.

Yoshiko on the street:
Spoiler: show
Gallivante claps in excitement. "Oh, why not!" she giggles, and digs for more coins. You feel a firm but gentle tap on your shoulder--Mr. Yo is signalling the approach of a pair of city watchmen.

"Ey! What's this?" the first watchman calls out. "Carnival games shouldn't be in this district! Why don't you riffraff stay in the Beggar's Bazaar where you belong?"

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #73 on: Apr 27, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Cracked Cup, back room:
Spoiler: show
"I may be an imposing figure, but you'd be surprised at the natural stealth a bugbear possesses. Especially a bugbear conversant with matters of avoiding the notice and suspicion of authorities," Aaron winked at the group's concern for his ability to make a safe exit.

"Grok, can you send a message to the odd looking fellow bothering Rios? Get him to make a scene."
"I certainly can, True Guy," Aaron responds, drawing his magical quill from its holder. Before he can get his message out, however, the uproar caused by Lai Shan and Anna Starr negates the need for further distraction.

"Perhaps this would be an opportune moment to abscond and regroup?" Aaron stands up, glancing at Truman and Delric for confirmation.

*
Re: VOID PLAYS D&D, Season 2 - IC Thread
« Reply #74 on: Apr 28, 2019, 09:29 PM »
Cracked Cup, Back Room:
Spoiler: show
"They just left? They just left. That's almost hilarious." Truman cautiously swung the door open. "We should probably warn the poor bastard. Still got your writing hand ready, Grok?"

 

Newest Comments -


Newest Characters -

 
VioletNagy TamaszBenjamin Le FayVeruca ChanceElijah (Eli) MikhailovDairyuRae and BlueCharlie Rosenberg"Faceless" FurioIrene VilanovaHajire Cloud & BeamStein
 

Open Challenges -

 
No open challenges
Create a new challenge
 


Latest Topics -

 
Unofficial Map O' Void 
Last updated: Cab - Today at 02:41 AM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Aug 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2019, 12:45 PM
Cosplay Jam 
Last updated: Badger - Aug 20, 2019, 10:00 PM
Rivana's Outcasts 
Last updated: Heathen - Aug 20, 2019, 01:11 AM
 

Latest Members -


Users online -

 
55 Guests, 1 User


[]

Most Online Today: 89.
Most Online Ever: 1,050 (Aug 30, 2015, 02:43 AM)

 

Original site Copyright 2002-2017 Kevin Birtcher All characters and content Copyright 2002-2017 their respective owners Theme by SMFTricks - Modified by Brittney Scott & Jordan Bobo
Website Security Test