Petrichor's Characters

Petrichor's Characters
« on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Hello everyone! i'll try to upload this character soon! (she doesn't have a name yet)

She's a kaiju and ex famous wrestler who got banned from the wrestling world for having difficulties following the scripted fights (she always gets too excited while fighting and winned the matches she was supposed to lose).

obsĀ¹: her design is based on the bearded dragon reptile so she's very spiky
obsĀ²: her kaiju species doesn't have boobs so she's usually topless whenever she feels like.

just a question: can i upload comics with different heights in the intro? (the width is always at 1000)

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 12:16 PM by Petrichor »

Re: Petrichor's Characters
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:56 PM »
hello new favorite character fight your wrestler with my wrestler plz

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:57 PM »
o that's cool you already have the design prepared for her and you can upload the intro with a longer hieght than normal, the width should be 1000 px becuase any wider is too big for the screen. also feel free to post your progress here and in the discord. I look forward to seeing your work.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Cool character!!! OwO

Also yeah different heights is fine, just keep the width 1000x or smaller or the site wont format it properly!

[img width=357 height=150]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507304228587569162/5438149237386772

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:56 PM »
hello new favorite character fight your wrestler with my wrestler plz
Haha sure! after i upload the intro story!
looking forward for it! ;)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:07 PM »
o that's cool you already have the design prepared for her and you can upload the intro with a longer hieght than normal, the width should be 1000 px becuase any wider is too big for the screen. also feel free to post your progress here and in the discord. I look forward to seeing your work.
thanks for the info! i'll upload more soon!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Oh my lord. I love the design, it is super fun looking. I am excited to see what comics you bring us.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Oh my lord. I love the design, it is super fun looking. I am excited to see what comics you bring us.
thanks! i've seen your characters too, their stories and designs are super interesting! lets make them fight someday ;D

« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:13 PM »
This is a really exciting character design. I'd move to see various headshots with different expressions that she makes. Do you work completely digital?

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:21 PM »
This is a really exciting character design. I'd move to see various headshots with different expressions that she makes. Do you work completely digital?
yep! it's all digital, i only do sketches traditionaly when i need to brainstorm something

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2019, 02:02 PM »
some expressions! i'll add them to the character sheet.

she's most known by her ring name "Gut Smasher"! she has a real name tho (and i have yet to think of it)
the kitten is Stinky Pants, she found him in a dumpster and decided to keep it.

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2019, 07:05 PM by Petrichor »

« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Hey guys! the intro comic is practically finished! i just wanted to know if the character design sheet is ok? or is it messy? or too big?
(i'm taking a little longer to finish everything because of some freelance jobs i got, so, be patient with me)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 12:14 PM by Petrichor »

« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2019, 07:05 AM »
GUT SMASHER is such a good wrestling title, I love this design and this entire ref sheet! The character design sheet looks fine to me, it's not super large when I checked which is good. Can't wait to see this character get in!
thanks!! so glad you like it!
and thanks for checking it for me! i'll upload the character soon.

« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2019, 03:26 PM »
uhhh how can i upload an icon for the character? i used the site tinypic.com to resize my profile image. but the icon for the character have to be 50x50 and i can't use the same method since i can't upload the image from an URL.
Is there another site i can use for this? :v

(it's the last thing i have to do to finally post the comics)
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019, 03:30 PM by Petrichor »

« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Did you use an art program to draw the icon? You should just be able to take a square image and save it as 50x50px and then upload that from your computer.

« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:10 PM »
BTW, feel free to DM me on Discord. You can find me as Bobo on the VOIDchat server, or @cuteapoot#1220 everywhere.

« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Did you use an art program to draw the icon? You should just be able to take a square image and save it as 50x50px and then upload that from your computer.
I use photoshop, but when i turned it to 50x50 the quality got really bad...
[edit]
hm i just used the preview here and it doesn't look so blurry now? sorry, i think i was just testing it in the wrong place pfft...
I forgot there was a discord... thanks! i'll DM you if i have trouble with something else! :D

« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Glad you got it worked out! I'm happy to help any time :)

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Hey guys! i'm so sorry i suddenly vanished...
[member=13556]Shen[/member] sent me an invite to the Entervoid Invitational Tournament but since i couldn't reply because their inbox is full i'll write it here:

I actually planned to challenge a lot of characters from the site, with Sovereign Greece as my first option...
but not long before finishing my intro comic i lost my job and i'm having to do commissions ever since.
But! it's not that bad, i've been wanting to draw something that's not related to commissions these days so i will think about entering the tournament.
Oh and Shen please let me know when/if you're avaible to battle against Gutsmasher! i still want to challenge Greece so much :)

sorry if i can't post this on the incubator, i didn't know were else to write this (if you know were, pls tell me lol).

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 08:16 PM »
Hey guys! i'm so sorry i suddenly vanished...
[member=13556]Shen[/member] sent me an invite to the Entervoid Invitational Tournament but since i couldn't reply because their inbox is full i'll write it here:

I actually planned to challenge a lot of characters from the site, with Sovereign Greece as my first option...
but not long before finishing my intro comic i lost my job and i'm having to do commissions ever since.
But! it's not that bad, i've been wanting to draw something that's not related to commissions these days so i will think about entering the tournament.
Oh and Shen please let me know when/if you're avaible to battle against Gutsmasher! i still want to challenge Greece so much :)

sorry if i can't post this on the incubator, i didn't know were else to write this (if you know were, pls tell me lol).

O damn that sucks to hear you lost your job. hopefully with commissions you will be able to get into a more stable place soon. also the most active place currently is the discord as that is where everyone generally talks, but it's fine to post here.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2019, 02:29 PM »
I need you to understand how much it broke my heart to decline that challenge, not because i dont one thousand percent want to fight you but became at the moment I'm actually in a battle royale, and it would be ill advised for me to take two battles at once XD YOU ARE ON MY HITLIST THO sorry about your job

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I need you to understand how much it broke my heart to decline that challenge, not because i dont one thousand percent want to fight you but became at the moment I'm actually in a battle royale, and it would be ill advised for me to take two battles at once XD YOU ARE ON MY HITLIST THO sorry about your job

It's alright! as i said before i totally understand if you decline it XD
and thanks for adding me to your hitlist! hope we battle someday.

oh and [member=35582]ArtsandGoodies[/member] thanks for reminding me about the discord... i srsly forgot about it, and yes i'm in a more stable situation right now :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

295 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us