cool ways to critique and why being a great artists doesn't make you a critic

Wow, Critique, everyone can do that right? no.

Here's some cool tips for how to critique.

1) know your facts
2) base your critique on facts
3) if you don't know facts, inquire about those facts

Bonus tip) you can be tough, and critical about others art without being a jerk about it.

unlike critique, the process of making art isn't about facts, it's about making shapes on paper, so it's 100% understandable that some people don't know how to critique even if their art is great. so keep that in mind, if you're great at art you still don't know everything.

Thanks.

i like turtles

Turtles are pretty cool.

Well this doesn’t look constructive. I read the comments on your battle and I don’t consider any of them to be out of line. You made the choice yourself to, in your own words, “fart this out” and upload it. I’m really not sure why you thought you only had two hours to work on it. If you set up the B.B. in error, we could have easily extended the deadline to whatever time you needed to make this complete. I don’t really know what else to say here, but making these kinds of salty posts really isn’t acceptable. You received honest feedback.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

292 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us