[D&D] The Kingdom of Void: Bedo's Revenge!!!

[D&D] The Kingdom of Void: Bedo's Revenge!!!
« on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:46 PM »
(Ignore the subtitle; it's an inside joke.)

You wake up with the taste of ashes and blood in your mouth. You squint through watery eyes, trying to breathe through the suffocating heat surrounding you. Glancing to one side, you see your allies. Beyond them, the gnarled, ugly face of an imp stares impassively over the group. Turning your head, you see walls of flame on all sides, broken only by the hot black stone that seems to have dripped from the ceiling before hardening into bars and stalactites.

This is it, you think to yourself, this is my life now. I am dead, and this is Hell.

Well, shit.

Hello, VOID! A few months ago, I started a tabletop RPG group (Discord server), partially so I could run a D&D game based loosely off of Void City. I came up with a fun Kingdom of Void that I liked and had a group of good sports who went along with my complete lack of experience for two games until I realized I had no idea what I was doing. Now, I've had some time to get used to the game and get a better idea of what being a good DM looks like, and I think I'm ready to tackle running a game again. I'm scrapping the old campaign story and will be tweaking the kingdom a bit, but here's the basic gist of what I'm planning:
  • The Kingdom of Void is "canonically" the same physical entity as Void City, only hundreds of years in the past.
  • Players will make brand new characters using Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. These characters do not have to be based off of existing VOID characters, but if you want to create an ancestor (or spiritual predecessor) to a VOID character, you are welcome to do so.
  • I'm running something along the lines of a West Marches style of game where the characters will decide which adventures to go on (after this first one, the one where you start in Hell). This will also allow us to switch out who plays for each adventure and makes it easier for people to come and go instead of committing to something more long-term.
  • Void Kingdom is a kingdom the size of a large modern-day city or a small country. I intend most of our adventures to take place in the city, and plan to give it the kind of variety that a normal D&D campaign would have in an entire country or continent. The contents of the city will be fleshed out and added upon based on character backstories and things the players discover during gameplay.

If you're interested in joining, check out the Discord channel, post your interest here, and add your name to my sign-up sheet. We'll probably use Roll20.net to run the games, and plan for each game session either on Discord or in this thread, depending on what you guys prefer. I'll be sharing a Google Calendar with each of you who sign up so we can coordinate schedules and find some good times to run these games. I'll probably do a couple of different time slots depending on how many people are interested and what times people are available. If you want to just look at my availability or whatever availability other players have added to the calendar, you can view it here (even if it's not shared with you yet).

So come on, escape from Hell with me! And then maybe we can go get some sushi or visit Toon Town or something. I'm okay taking it slow.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 07:39 AM by Bobo »

Re: [D&D] The Kingdom of Void: Bedo's Revenge!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2017, 04:14 PM »
SQUEEE I'm in

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

258 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us