Clash of the Chitin

Clash of the Chitin
« on: Sep 24, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Welcome to the Clash of the Chitin death tournament!

An arthropod themed death tournament revolving around the design and story of insectoid characters, but all sorts of creepy crawlies are welcome in this brawl, such as worms, leeches, snails, crustaceans, arachnids, and everything and anything in between. In fact, your character doesn't have to be only strictly a bug! All sorts of mixed genres are allowed like robots, aliens, anthros, dragons, even multidimensional horrors just as long as the characters are bug inspired they are welcome here.

Tournament Type- Speed deathmatch (1 week drawing time)

Rules
1. You only need a reference sheet of the character to enter, no intro comic needed this tournament establishes the characters. Please submit your character through the site normally, just omit the intro comic.
2. You must show you and your opponent's characters in your comic, and you must show your opponent's character dying.
3. Characters are bug inspired. Please keep to the theme.

Inability to follow the rules of death matches or a tournament would be considered a default.

Participants needed:  (8+)

ROUND 1 STARTS: November the 6th

To enter, please post your design sheet in this thread.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2017, 02:05 PM by Red »

Re: Clash of the Chitin
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Bumpo

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2017, 05:26 AM »
When you REALLY wanna participate you are already doing a tournament and have fights planned

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:06 AM »
CRAP im on vacation in November i literally wont be able to draw D=< Finally I could have brought my spider child in.... Maybe i can do traditional comics.... hnngghh

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2017, 07:21 PM »
Hmm...maybe. The start time happens to be the same time my life will finally not suck as we get a bunch of new staff in at work and my schedule gets better.

I will think about this.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2017, 11:39 AM »
Time to stretch the limits of what actually is a bug or bug-inspired creature!

Karektin, like Tyidid, is a wetanik, but unlike him, she's a female vaspan, not a terta. Don't worry, the nomenclature isn't important. What is important is that Karektin has decided to come to Earth for god knows what reason (it's not about Tyidid, the two are entirely unrelated strangers, the fact that they're often in the same city is an incredibly huge coincidence) and recently joined the NVCPD. Her exceptional bravery and dedication has made her a star candidate to join Void's finest, as well as her latent strength and especially her admittedly frightening countenance. The higher-ups were so confident about her being an excellent addition to the force that they neglected to give her proper training, figuring she probably knew most of it and could pick up the rest on the job. Unfortunately, they were horribly horribly wrong. Karektin sticks her thumb in her fist when she goes to punch. She's never touched a gun in her life, and is only vaguely familiar with the concept. She accidentally hand-cuffed herself to a desk twice. And now, she has to tackle the most devious and powerful criminals the world over.

Please pray for Karektin.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2017, 10:20 PM »
- BULLET

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:49 AM »
Kiski the Jovian Ant-Worker
based on ant, duh

following Jupiter's destruction back in 2016, the Jovian Ants, who inhabited its moons, emigrated to Earth using the Extra-Terrestrial Working Contract, the ETWC, to negotiate asylum in exchange of large construction contracts. Jovians being very good at it, said yes. And Such, a colony was hired by Void's municipality to reconstruct the city after Armaggedon (and any future similar events for that matter) and are now working everywhere in the city.

Kiski is a very young Ant, barely of working age. Like all ants, she's very strong, has no vertigo, can eat scraps and trash for sustenance thanks to the powerful acids in her stomach. Like All Jovin ANts, Kiski dreams of becoming one day the queen of her own colony. Something that only happens to one ant in one million.

But Kiski is in trouble: the clumsy or lazy workers are pulled out of Workforce and forced to become feeders or incubators, and none of those two fates are appalling to her. Thing is: she's already on two strikes out of three for being very unlucky and provoking several accidents. If she scews up once more, she'll be turned either into a living soda dispenser, or become a full-time nurse for the colony's babies.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017, 05:53 AM by Radji »

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2017, 07:25 AM »
- BULLET

DDAAAYYYYYUUMMMMMMMMMM

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:30 AM »

Hellgrammite is the larval form of a dobsonfly, but due to contamination in the water over the last several decades, they have mutated to be quite a fearsome foe. As her name would indicate, the bites feel much like Hell.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:43 AM »
everyone's bugs are so preciousssss

and your ref sheets are so dang flashy, i feel bad i didn't stick karektin's life story on hers as well ;_;
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017, 08:52 AM by Reecer6 »

« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:25 PM »
damnit look what you've done

In a quiet insect village, a lone mantis warrior acts as guardian of the people, sworn to protect the helpless and defend the innocent.

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2017, 07:01 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2017, 09:07 PM »

Might as well submit an ooold character of mine, now given a new look!

Bio: A veteran member of the Antmen, he gives his all to defend his country from invading armies, even if he dies trying.

Personality: He's a wise warrior, who cares about his people and, most importantly, his family, consisting of a wife and child. Whenever he encounters something or someone he can't trust, he'll figure out on his own about the risks.

Abilities: Super Strength, Expert Marksman, Skilled to Close Combat

Weaknesses: Vulnerable to Fire, Overconfidence

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017, 06:31 AM by MrPr1993 »

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2017, 07:26 PM »

This is Veevee Scoops. She's a moth who doesn't actually realize that moths are bugs. She has a deepset hatred for anything creepy and crawly, and has a near sadistic urge to slaughter them all. She doesn't seem to view other bugs as things worth living, and if questioned about her hatred of bugs, she'd be confused why she wouldn't hate them. She makes careful care not to touch her opponents, and use her scythe to maintain a healthy distance.

Outside of her bug hatred, she's pretty happy go lucky, commonly going wherever she might be able to have fun, and she really enjoys jumping off buildings, and only starting to fly the seconds before hitting the ground. She also likes cotton candy and slushies.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017, 07:36 PM by Desichan »

[img width=357 height=150]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507304228587569162/5438149237386772

« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2017, 07:56 PM »

At a full 1mm, Harry is the biggest fairy fly in his family.
But he wants to be even bigger.
He wants to be a star.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2017, 10:51 AM »

Talbot and Scroop are experienced morticians, ready to assist when deaths occur... and how they do occur. It is inevitable after all!
Prim, proper, and professional- they care about appearances and look forward to lending a hand when death sets in.

(And Desi, now I'm hoping for Scoops vs Scroop ha ha!)

« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2017, 02:12 PM »

« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Don't forget to submit your characters formally on the site, you can use your character sheet for the 2-intro-pages requisite

« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Omgosh everyone's got such fun bugs! I can't wait to puzzle out how to beat them!

« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2017, 07:02 PM »
i added what's in the bio to my post in case anyone was curio

« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Hmm...maybe. The start time happens to be the same time my life will finally not suck as we get a bunch of new staff in at work and my schedule gets better.

I will think about this.

So uhh, the person we were supposed to get in decided to resign before even starting. Thus, I have to back out because I simply won't have the time now to do this tourney. Sorry everyone.

« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2017, 08:05 PM »

Height: 7'2" but hunches over a lot so he on average is around 6 feet.

Sex: Male

Species: Plaguebugs are a rarely seen memeber of Hemieptera an order of insect that has leathery front wings, and a beak like proboscus also insects like Bedbugs, Assassinbugs, Waterbugs and Leaf Hoppers are all part of this order. Plaguebugs are gaunt humanid bipedal insects that are equiped with biological surgeical equipment that is stored inside their wrists that they can use for atopsy and surguries. Plague bugs also reproduce with tramatic incemination with a needle like reproductive organ stored in a sheeth at the tip of their abdomen.

Equipment: Prendergast carries a few concauctions in viles on his waist, most are homemade anesthesia. He also has a book on many types of infections to spot early signs of the plague.

Bio:   Some say the biology of the Plaguebugs are too bizarre, too specific to be the result of anything but intelligent design. every plaguebug seen has always been members of a sect of the Church of Regina Nostra in Excelsis, a popular bug religion who see God as the ultimate queen connecting all life and crafting it in her image. It is to this end that the church has decided to combat a plague that only brings death to the world, even still there are rumors that the fleshlings are the ones who crafted the vile disease such gossip while frowned upon is still common in the church. The standard protocol for the members of the church if an outbreak is suspected is first to identify, isolate, then immolate, but no official outside the church has documented an outbreak, those of a more secular mindset choose to believe that the plague is a mere scapegoat that the church uses to justify killing towns a witch hunt of sorts, so they can lay claim to the land. Still the church has a lot of political power when it comes to matters of investigating and most public officials do their best to stay away from their inquisitions, only going so far to provide aid if it is specifically asked of them. Even to those who believe in the cause of the church see plaguebugs as the sign of a bad omen, that where ever it is they decide to investigate death is soon to follow.

Personality: Prendergast is Cold,  Work-obssed, Unintrested when it comes to social matters, Distractible by his religion or investigations, easily absorbed in his own world, scattered-brained especially when it comes to self care, always high-strung constantly fidgeting with objects, or observing, natrually curious, the type to think out loud, and while he may have a grim job tallying the dead and investigating the spread of an outbreak, he does care for the lives he comes across wanting to reduce suffering as much as possible but he is very much numb to death and he sees his goals as the greatest good any one insect could ever do for the world.

Abilities: Prendergast like all plague bugs are organically equipped with surgical scissors, a bone saw, a suture needle and organic thread, and a syringe that each one of his hands could unfold into. While he cant fly he does have wings.

Trivia: Like Bedbugs all Plaguebugs are Bisexual both the stinger like sexual organ and anus are under the clasp like sheath at the tip of his abdomen. Plaguebugs drink their food releasing a blood thinning saliva they also keep their two sets of arms clasped together to form one pair from time to time and he uses his antennae as eyebrows to emote.

« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2017, 08:15 PM »
First off, let us take a moment to mourn the loss of Endshark's amazing lobster-lady.

That done, I present to you my bugaroo:

« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2017, 03:54 AM »

Underground, there is a Ring. Bug-like beings of all sorts put their shells on the line for the chance at wealth, as others watch from the sidelines, placing bets.

Odontoda Shako is one of those that fight, simply to make ends meet doing the thing she does best.

She hopes that maybe she can get enough to retire comfortably.

« Reply #24 on: Nov 03, 2017, 04:24 AM »
I'm afraid I have to pull out of this tourney :(. Coming months are gonna be a bit to hectic. Good luck to all the cute buggies that enter though.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

310 Guests, 3 Users

[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us