-[OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE THREAD]-

-[OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE THREAD]-
« on: Sep 03, 2017, 12:01 AM »
Hello Voidlings, Voidians, Voidsters and Voidites

for a long while we the staff of enterVOID followed a policy of not revealing future known tournaments until the sign ups would start. The idea behind this was to avoid a culture of "tournaments only" planning with battles, by keeping things secret we hoped to promote more random regular battling, as well as giving artists more of a rest between tournaments so they could do as much as they can each month. Over time we found that this approach didn't really change the regular battle activity in any meaningful way, nor did it change the activity of tournament fiends (if anything, not being able to plan far ahead may have prevented some of these artists from participating in some tournaments)

Starting now, we will be trying a new approach:
1) we will be displaying a public yearly schedule of upcoming events of all kinds, official and unofficial,
2) we will be allowing multiple tournaments to happen at once

Policy 1 will allow members to budget their time for future events, and see clearly which months are ripe to propose an unofficial tournament
Policy 2 has several potential benefits: it can let those who are ineligible for one tournament participate in another soon after and the extra choices will hopefully promote tournament makers to make sure they have a strong idea that others will want to participate in

And now for what you all scrolled down to see, the schedule

Things to Remember:

-The full bar for an event shown includes voting time, so the last 7 days of most events shown here is not drawing related
-Events get smaller and smaller obviously as participants are eliminated; the latter half of tournament runtimes will usually only have 2-4 artists participating at that time

[X]<- click if image thumbnail doesn't enlarge

Now attached here is the new Tournament Proposal Form

----

Tournament Name:
Theme & Rules:
Ideal Roster Size:
Ideal Drawing Time:
Date to Start:
Petition List: <- this is a new request; ideally you've spoken about this tournament idea with other members and some are on board for it should it be approved. Write here the list of members who are likely ready to join the tournament when sign ups begin. As you'd assume, the more people on this list, the more confident we are of the idea's viability and hype, but even as few as 3 is enough to consider

----
Send this form via DM or PM to me and the staff will review it. Whenever new additions to the schedule come up we will alert the community on this thread and on discord.

This thread will remain open for comments; feel free to use this thread as the forum's one-stop shop for future tournament talk, tourney ideas and comments and proposing suggestions
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2019, 04:51 PM by PyrasTerran »

Re: -[OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE THREAD]-
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I just wanna say thank you this is extremely helpful! <3

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2017, 09:25 AM »
It's about time we had an official, pre-planned, public-facing calendar of tournaments and events! This idea has come up in the past (I know I've wanted it for a long time), but it just never happened for some reason.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2017, 07:28 AM »
The hype for 2018 is so real right now, I should finally be able to participate in events and battles by Novemvber/December-ish, so it's great to know what's coming up!  Really solid idea to make this public, super appreciated!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2017, 05:27 PM »
An updated schedule will be posted soon. Tournament time slots are filled up from now until April.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2017, 09:09 PM »
the updated schedule is now ready for viewing

If you have questions about any of the tournaments shown here, these are the people you want to speak directly to:

Magic Mayhem :: Kozispoon
Ghostwriter Royale :: PyrasTerran
Lovechild Death Tournament :: Shen
Clash of the Chitin :: Cornbread

I would hope the others are self-explanatory but if you have any questions about them at all you can reach me as well
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2017, 09:42 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2017, 04:10 AM »

*quiet screaming*

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:12 AM »

*quiet screaming*

*quietly joins the screams*

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:22 AM »
*notices everyone screaming and slowly backs away*
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2017, 08:40 PM »
The schedule has been updated: Magic Mayhem and Clash of the Chitin have been swapped. Also, we have removed the policy of differentiating official (developed by staff) and unofficial (developed by members) tournaments

https://orig00.deviantart.net/fb06/f/2017/262/5/f/screen_shot_2017_09_19_at_11_35_23_pm_by_pyrasterran-dbnz04v.png

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 08:43 PM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2017, 03:07 AM »
AHH THAT MEANS I CAN DO MAGIC MEYHEM GOD BLESS

« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:08 AM »
The schedule is being updated: Ghostwriter Royale will be pushed into later next year 2018, you can message me for further details

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Ghostwriter Royale or Clash of the Chitin.... I can't decide...

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2017, 08:49 AM »
Ghostwriter Royale or Clash of the Chitin.... I can't decide...

you dont have to! Ghostwriter was pushed back so you can do both~

« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Will Magic Mayhem be a Death Tourney? And what is Ghostwriter Royale? The rest I can figger out myself.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Magic Mayhem isn't a death tournament, I believe.

« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Hey guys. Has it been asked already what Ghostwriter Royale and Magic Mayhem are about?

Will Magic Mayhem be a Death Tourney? And what is Ghostwriter Royale? The rest I can figger out myself.

Yes.

Trying to get back on my feet, and would like to know a bit more about these Tournaments ^^
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2017, 07:17 PM by elge »

« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Magic Mayhem is a regular non-death tourney for magic and wizard type characters.  Ghostwriter is like... sort of like Under New Management,  and sort of a scar match. Other artists will take over a character's storyline and decide what happens to them. An example would be, i submit Lilyfeather's Hell arc, and participants would write it, and i go with whatever wins. A bit self indulgent but might be a good kick to writers block lol

« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Both sound quite good!

Is Magic Mayhem allowing characters to be uploaded just for the Tourney? Death Tourney like, where you just upload a ref sheet.

Is...Ghostwriter a Written Tournament?

Sorry if these are "water is wet" questions but... Better be ok the safe side with information.

Thanks!

[EDIT]

Lily's Hell Arc would be cool!
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2017, 08:44 PM by elge »

« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2017, 02:23 AM »
Magic Mayhem is a "special scar" tournament; the loser of a match loses their magical powers

« Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2017, 02:27 AM »
Magic and very useful Binance review is a "special scar" tournament; the loser of a match loses their magical powers

And gets banished forever.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2021, 06:18 AM by Cobbey »

« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Magic Mayhem is a "special scar" tournament; the loser of a match loses their magical powers

And gets banished forever.

Welcome to Void, please introduce yourself in the forum or on our discord chat

« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2017, 03:30 PM »
The calendar has been updated

« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2017, 04:32 PM »
2018 looks to be a great year for drooring!!

« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2018, 08:52 PM »
[EDIT]
I just reread the rules. WELP.
On the bright side, I opened possibilities for more people to check this out.
[/EDIT]

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but hey. Should I be mistaken, I'll just move this to another thread. ;)

Been told lots of Vampires have started to pop out, thought it'd be fun to plan a bit of a classic matchup between them and wolf people.

Tournament Name: Underworld Royale (Temporary Name)
Theme & Rules: Vampires VS Werewolves.
Ideal Roster Size: (Minimum 3, as the rules state)
Ideal Drawing Time: (Not sure how much time is common for Battle Royales. Imma assume 4 weeks)
Date to Start: Tentative October/November 2018
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018, 08:53 PM by Dechado »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

89 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 121.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us