IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E

Re: IC - VOID PLAYS: Maze of the Blue Medusa / D&D 5E
« Reply #400 on: Sep 24, 2017, 01:30 AM »

Aaron/Luis/Truman/Yoshiko and company, the Gardens:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Yoshiko:
The painted knight Morgen Von Klaw eyes Aaron suspiciously. "You have some interesting clientele, Miss Lucy!" she comments, but smiles, and gives you a sympathetic look as if to say, 'Hey, we've all been there!"

"Anyhow, if you are off to see the lich, I am feeling rather better after your cleric mended me," she notes with a thankful nod to Luis. "Would you like me to accompany you, or remain here with the Witch?"

Out in the hall you hear one of the Oku shouting as if possessed, repeating something about a "devil" and a "matching set".

Aaron and Truman:
Agrimony chitters to her fellow Oku but mostly stays close to you. "Can your friend help? It sounds like Tutsan is saying the same something over and over-oku, but what that something is...we don't know!" she squawks in frustration.

Owl, traveling North:
As the feathered companion flees the room, he glimpses a trio leading the armor White Jacquets. They wear special cloaks with the crest of Voidheim.

OOC: Which route/rooms is Owl using to travel North?

Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis with Ashen, Room 14:

Lai Shan:
You trance first and then take on watch while the others rest. You rest in the hall undisturbed, which is not to say it is uneventful. Throughout your rest there is the constant pulsating breeze down the hall, and the sound of crickets in the black room from which the orchidmen emerged. It sounds like Chronia has resumed playing her guitar (badly), something begins shuffling in the next room north.

« Reply #401 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:30 AM »
Sovereign. Room 3.

Fed up with recent events, Sovereign decides to go look for the cat. Maybe she'll find something useful for herself in this maze following her.

(Will start back tracking to where she last saw Yoshiko and try to find her by going through the rooms.)

« Reply #402 on: Sep 25, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Lai Shan/Seth/Sharis with Ashen, Room 14:

Lai Shan:
You trance first and then take on watch while the others rest. You rest in the hall undisturbed, which is not to say it is uneventful. Throughout your rest there is the constant pulsating breeze down the hall, and the sound of crickets in the black room from which the orchidmen emerged. It sounds like Chronia has resumed playing her guitar (badly), something begins shuffling in the next room north.

Lai Shan, Room 14

Lai Shan had stood up to stretch when she heard the shuffling to the north. Could it be a foe? One of her allies? Maybe another one of the maze's weird denizens? In any case, it wouldn't do to have the others' wake from their rest prematurely. Lai Shan had to deal with this before the whole room is compromised. Quietly, she heads north, peeking carefully through the door to see what lies beyond.

« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2018, 02:45 PM »
The second the Medusa's glances off towards the hideously laughing Draco Scabra, Black Medick hands you the bag of spoils from the vault room, and Great Mullein begins to stir to consciousness. Though the bird masks are not that expressive, he looks at you with what you can only read as desperation.

"I carved out this little hollow between dimensions so I would not be disturbed, and both my prisoners and mementos would be secure," the Medusa explains. "But with each passing century I receive more and more visitors. It is me, or shouldn't some things remain sacred? I mean, isn't a girl entitled to a little privacy?" She retains her cool demeanor, but is mildly annoyed. "Now, what is it you wanted, again?"

Chorden, Archives

After quickly hiding away his newly acquired spoils Chorden gave a long pause, perhaps the longest he ever gave, to ponder the situation at hand. This woman before him, this Medusa, had not only wielded an unnatural power, but had the command of a multitude of abominations to eradicate him where he stood. To save his life, siding with the Medusa and abandoning these feathered miscreants had seemed to be the wisest option for him. Yet before he could exclaim this declaration of allegiance, in the glimpse of his eye Great Mullein's desperate gaze met his. In that single moment Chorden could resonate with Great Mullein's powerlessness, it was a feeling all too familiar to him so many times before. Though they had thrown him into this encounter in the first place they still knew their way around this twisting labyrinth better then him, perhaps in due time they could aid him with reuniting with his compatriots, or even one of the Lords themselves. Chorden turned his back towards the Medusa and as he took a mere five steps forward he held the letter still in his grasp before him and began to speak:

...W-What I want? Why if it had been of my own volition I would have wanted to remain in my own realm. I am.. or was, in the enslavement of a mad human sorcerer, along with my other brethren. Hen..no, Harold! Harold the... Terrible was his title! He claimed to serve a dark and powerful deity he believed was imprisoned in this realm. I believe it was..uh, a half spider, half snake, half...god? It's hard to recall, he was known to spout such insane gibberish, it was near impossible to understand...

OOC: Deception = 1d20 - 2 = (6) - 2 = 4

He was making it up as he went along, and knew she wouldn't buy it by his inconsistent pace of thought. However his attempt at conceiving a well crafted lie was not his main faocus but rather the note he was scribbling on the rolled up letter with ther piece of charcoal he had on hand. In his time working among the ranks of other thieves and rogues, such as Truman, he had acquired a thorough understanding of the Thieve's Cant language. If these three bird brains were truly of the same rank, they would surely understand his message. As Chorden continues on with his poorly crafted lie, he does his best to obscure the Medusa's view of the letter as he quickly jots down the message along it's length:

I'll cause a distraction, once I do I'll leave it in your judgement to decide the best escape route.
If you find yourself in the Curator's gaze once more, either threaten to destroy this letter or to light the archives aflame...

If you succeed and I still breathe, YOU OWE ME...

OOC: Sleight of Hand = 1d20 + 5 = (19) +5 = 24

After he finishes the message, he begins to walk towards the three bird brains,"... I got separated from him and the rest of my kin during our expedition in this labyrinth, and somehow ended up here. If he had succumbed to his demise by some trap or horrible beast then so be it, bastard deserved it. I encountered these three during my wanderings, and they were more than willing to take me in their stead, whether it be out of kindness or pity I can not tell. Afterwards we encountered the thing you refer to as the "Curator", and  immediately sought to pursue us. I ask you, whatever transgressions you may have with this trio, please allow them to amend whatever mess they wrought." He hands the letter over to Black Medick, making sure the message is in his full view

He turns back to fully face the Medusa. He knew she wouldn't buy any of his malarkey, and it was only a matter of time until her patience would run thin with his lies, if a distraction was needed then this was the moment to make it. Keeping his gaze just below her waist level, as to not meet hers, Chorden jumps into a full sprint towards her. Before she could counteract, he immediately stops drops to his knees just before her and presses his palms firmly on the floor. Giving the deepest bow he had ever given in years he exclaims for all to hear:

"I ask of you now... no I beg of you to allow me to stay! I wish not to return to my master if he still my live, and my kin are good as dead remaining here in service to him! I will gladly serve you for the rest of my days if you will allow me! I am old and weak, but I am still fast and perceptive. I could be your eyes and ears, I'd gather the most silent of whispers and the most secluded of secrets to share with you. Or I could simply remain here in the archives, I've seen the horrid mess it lies in. Why I could spend the rest of my years rearranging into a more perfect assortment if it would please you so! Anything to give my life purpose once more!..."

OOC: Grovel, Cower, and Beg:
As an action, I can distract all foes within 10 feet of me that can see me so that my allies gain advantage on attack rolls against them

(Or in this case, I'd like to make it so the Oku have advantage on stealth if you'll allow it Kent. Otherwise disregard it and see it as an attempt at a distraction without any benefits.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:24 PM by ZigZagaroo »

« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Aaron/Luis/Truman/Yoshiko and company, the Gardens:

"Unless you've got objections to this plan?"

I despise you so much, kitten He mouthed, making sure Yoshiko could read his lips.
"No problem here, Miss Lucy!" Faked a smile and exaggerated his excitement.

He really only just wanted to be next to Aaron. But apparently they were all busy pretending to all be in good terms with Yoshiko's persona.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

307 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us