• How to write an effective comic script
  • Editing skills required for visual storytelling
  • The Pros of using a scripted process

You can be:

• Any level artist or writer
  • Willing to try a new process to improve storytelling
  • With a basic idea of the story you want to tell
  • With a character/characters in mind
  • Can use Void characters, writers can have their own oc or permission to use pre existing Void characters
  • Writers do not have to have a character on the site. The idea is to get you creating working scripts artists will want to bring to life
  • Incubator peeps welcome!

You'll get a working script ready to go. Ideally 3-5 pages, 10 complete max. You’ll get support and advice on how to get from your script to a finished product.

Recommended reading:
On Writing
Stephen King

Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking
David Bayles and Ted Orland

Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
James Gurney

Question:  Does it have to be a beyond battle, or, if I wanted to, can i fight someone (Personally I think it'd be easier to do this as a BB, but I'm just curious)?

In answer to your question Energy, it would be fine if you feel confident you can learn a new skill while being in a battle at the same time. Doing this as a bb would give you more time to get to grips with the process without the pressure of a deadline, so you'd get more from it that way.

Sign me up please!

I just wanted to point out that these are great books.  Art and Fear hit me really hard though.  It perfectly encapsulates what some of our anxieties as artists are and is supremely relatable. 

On Writing
Stephen King

Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking
David Bayles and Ted Orland

o/ I have trouble writing . everything.

people say I jump around too much. both my character's emotions and responses seem random because I fail to establish what it is they're reacting TO.

I've read Invisible Ink by Brian McDonald for help with this kind of thing but I still struggle.

I also have Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu-Mestre, but most of that instruction seemed 100% intuitive stuff that I already practice without thinking.

so the problem isn't my stage direction, just my writing.

(also have Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
James Gurney but hadn't finished reading it)

I'd be down to have someone look over my scripts and HEAVILY EDIT THEM or tell me what to throw out, tell me what can be cut out because I'm creating too much work for myself, tell me which ideas are even worth executing ect. I'd also be down to draw a script created entirely by someone else, esp. if one of my own characters was written into it. Or I'd be down to make a script together, just a full on collab.

people say they're confused by my favorite character, that he's too complicated. I'm confident that I have made a character worthy of interest (I THINK!?), so the problem is my inability to show people what matters.

ANYWAY it looks like this thread has gone dormant. I'll come back and check it but I'm in the discord as snager#7348

help me im dying

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

287 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us