Alouisse's character incuboxinator!

Alouisse's character incuboxinator!
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 03:18 PM »

Step right up, step right up! Come one, come all to see this gals attempts at creating characters! This post is essentially a table of contents for any and all characters I will be creating for this website. The reference, comic, and doodle sketches thing underneath the character banner will have links to posts that relate to each title. 

{Reference} {Intro Comic WIP} {Doodles/Sketches}

First character created for Void! He's a priest specializing in exorcisms sent to Void to try and put a stop, or lower the amount of crime and chaos within the city with the help of a demon he possesses-- Or well. Who possess him when he needs it. Come and watch this priest faith-struggling priest develop into a submitted character in Void!

Re: Alouisse's character incuboxinator!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2017, 03:25 PM »

Adwell Morris is a priest who, from a botched exorcism now carries around a demon within his vial. When trouble arises, he calls upon this demon to possess him and as long as he has control over him, he'll be able to ensure that the problem will be taken care of. Trouble arises due to the demons attempts to chip away at the Priests faith so he could possess and control him without much resistance.

Weapons: He doesn't have weapons. Prefers to just use his own strength or whatever is close by.

Reason for coming to void: A trusted coworker of his informs him of the events from the TTT. She asks him if he could go and figure out what's going on in the city and if there's a way to stop the chaos.

I think a good way to know where I'm going with this character and critique/have ideas on where to improve is to know what my inspirations are for him.

A. Renfield from 1931's Dracula- Sanity decay is a thing I personally enjoy in characters, and as this demon chips away at Adwell's faith (and psyche), Adwell will slowly become less like himself and more like the demon who posses him.

B. Abbe from Quills- The Abbe is inspiration mainly for his quiet, kind, and sweet personality. He is also another character who (spoilers for the movie) goes through a bit of a sanity decay himself.

C. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde- Is an inspiration due to Adwell and his demon continually switching back and forth for control over Adwell's body. The demon can talk, whisper, act like the voice in his head to continually chip at Adwell's sanity.

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 05:34 PM by Alouisse Ver »

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Question: I wanted to give Adwell an angled shoulder for this. Just to make it a little more interesting, but now that I'm looking at it... I'm not digging it too much? Does the ref look alright?

Do you mean putting a little contrapposto to his pose? I see what you mean about the shoulder not quite looking right. I think it's because the hips don't appear to be tilting quite the right way.

The corner of the hip on the same side as the lowered shoulder aught to be tilted up toward the shoulder, like so:

But I think the hips aren't really reading as being in that position.

Also I'm gonna have to fight this character I cannot wait @_@

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2017, 08:12 PM »
i love him fight me

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Question: I wanted to give Adwell an angled shoulder for this. Just to make it a little more interesting, but now that I'm looking at it... I'm not digging it too much? Does the ref look alright?

Do you mean putting a little contrapposto to his pose? I see what you mean about the shoulder not quite looking right. I think it's because the hips don't appear to be tilting quite the right way.

The corner of the hip on the same side as the lowered shoulder aught to be tilted up toward the shoulder, like so:

But I think the hips aren't really reading as being in that position.

Also I'm gonna have to fight this character I cannot wait @_@

Oh my gosh, thank you! Definitely eased my mind. Best part about his outfit just being black, when I make these corrections, I won't have much trouble coloring and shading. Thanks once again for pointing it out!

And yeeess! I really want to get his intro comic down and out of the way so I can start fighting. I just love Shizana by the way!

i love him fight me

He loves you so much he's willing to throw down for you.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2017, 09:14 PM »
SHUT UP SHEN I HAVE DIBS

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Insert awesome help and information here

Ok I am so hoping this quote thing is working right now, haha. But thanks once again for the critique! I've changed his pose now and updated my posts with the changes.

SHUT UP SHEN I HAVE DIBS

Aaah!! I just LOVE the look of Hunter! I just know drawing him (or well any character you design) is going to be fuuun! B) Is it possible for everyone to have dibs? Cause I'm so down for that. I'm so looking forward to being more active on this site and getting to know as many people as possible!

In other news,  I've just been swamped with cleaning and other responsibilities, but I'm really aiming to try and post up the thumbnails and script tomorrow for any critique and/or other helpful information.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Whispers into a mic. If you came here for clean and pretty looking thumbnails and script you came to the wrong place.

1. Demon: "I can hear her footsteps, Adwell"

2. Adwell: "And?"

3. Demon: "Don't act dumb with me, priest. We both know you like to make yourself look presentable whenever she comes to see you."

4. Woman: "Adwell?"

Adwell groaning.

5. Demon: "Trying to ignore me as usual like you do your own desir-"

6. Adwell: “Shut up!”

7. The woman opens the door with a worried look on her face. “Adwell!”

----------

1. Woman: "Are you ok?”

2. Demon: "Are you ever?"

3. Adwell: "y-yes! Yes I am. Apologies."

4. Adwell: "what brings you here?”

5. Woman: I sent you an email with an article I found about a nearby city.

6. Adwell: "My laptop is charging. Died on the way here. You know how I am with technology."

7. Woman: Ruth. just give me the rundown. What makes this city so special?

She slams her hand on the desk

8.  Ruth(woman) "SIN”
----------------

1. Demon: Ooh this sounds like our kinda place, priest!

2. Adwell: Uh- do go on. Please

3. Ruth: “Demons, aliens, and other ungodly beings are apparently running amuck over there! Did you not see those two monsters fighting a few days ago?”

4. Priest stands up to pick up his belongings. “N-no. No I did not. But that explains the earthquake I felt.”

5. Ruth: “Look. You've done a good job lowering the crime rate here. So please investigate what's going on over there and try to put a stop to it.”

6. Demon" Can we fuck you if we do?

7. Adwell: Continuing to ignore demon. “I'm on it”

8.Ruth: In the corner “And take your laptop with you!”

-------------
I usually have my thumbnails pretty darn small so I just write the number and then have the script alongside it so I'm not having to fiddle putting the text inside.

But yeah! Wanted to post this, get some feedback and then will move on to the sketching phase! :)

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:44 PM »
oh no i love him even more now please finish this intro and battle with this character void needs him

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:52 PM »
Looking great so far!

Can't wait to see him in action!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Honestly so far you're layouts are looking good. It seems like it'll read pretty naturally. Can't wait to see the actual pages!
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Okay, so, I think you set up some interesting character points in this - introducing Ruth, whom Adwell maybe has some un-dealt-with feelings for, and starting to set up the conflict with his demon, as well as introducing a little of why Adwell is operating in Void City in the first place.

But this character is an exorcist who banishes demons with the "help" of another demon - let's see some of that! Remember, this may be the first thing a person reads even before your character's bio - let's set up his premise here in the intro and really hook your potential opponents! :D

I think this would be a lot stronger with a little rewriting and a little editing. I think you can fit all of the stuff you establish with Ruth and the reason for being in Void city in a single page, and use the rest of the pages to give us a taste of Adwell's brand of exorcism. Ruth doesn't really get to the point until the end of page 2, and the first two pages don't add very much information beyond the stuff we find out in page 3 (especially since you have the demon heckle Adwell about liking Ruth in page 3 as well). I'd say cut out pretty much all of what came before the "SIN" panel, and rework page 3's conversation just a bit so that it includes Ruth and Adwell's names.

Then in the next page cut to Adwell in the middle of his first Void City exorcism. Have the demon be stronger than he thought it would be or something like that so that he is forced to use the power of his own demon to stop it. He doesn't have to do anything super involved, just enough to establish this character's personal premise with his demon. Now that's what I call an introduction!

Sorry for going all editor on you XD message me on Discord if you want to discuss script stuff further. I really am super excited to see Adwell on Void :D

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Honestly so far you're layouts are looking good. It seems like it'll read pretty naturally. Can't wait to see the actual pages!

Thank you so much! I really wanted to make sure the layout and panelings were sound.  It took me quite a number of redraws and script rewrites but I'm content with how it looks! I can't wait to show the sketches and get these pages going! :D

Looking great so far!

Can't wait to see him in action!

I SO can't wait to put him in action! He's going to have so much fun here. >:^)

oh no i love him even more now please finish this intro and battle with this character void needs him

I'm working on this as fast as I can! I SO want him to be interacting and playing with more characters here on Void! Void is really helping me work on my comic making skills and all the critiques and feedback are so important to me and incredible motivators for me.

Okay, so, I think you set up some interesting character points in this - introducing Ruth, whom Adwell maybe has some un-dealt-with feelings for, and starting to set up the conflict with his demon, as well as introducing a little of why Adwell is operating in Void City in the first place.

But this character is an exorcist who banishes demons with the "help" of another demon - let's see some of that! Remember, this may be the first thing a person reads even before your character's bio - let's set up his premise here in the intro and really hook your potential opponents! :D

I think this would be a lot stronger with a little rewriting and a little editing. I think you can fit all of the stuff you establish with Ruth and the reason for being in Void city in a single page, and use the rest of the pages to give us a taste of Adwell's brand of exorcism. Ruth doesn't really get to the point until the end of page 2, and the first two pages don't add very much information beyond the stuff we find out in page 3 (especially since you have the demon heckle Adwell about liking Ruth in page 3 as well). I'd say cut out pretty much all of what came before the "SIN" panel, and rework page 3's conversation just a bit so that it includes Ruth and Adwell's names.

Then in the next page cut to Adwell in the middle of his first Void City exorcism. Have the demon be stronger than he thought it would be or something like that so that he is forced to use the power of his own demon to stop it. He doesn't have to do anything super involved, just enough to establish this character's personal premise with his demon. Now that's what I call an introduction!

Sorry for going all editor on you XD message me on Discord if you want to discuss script stuff further. I really am super excited to see Adwell on Void :D

THANK YOU for this! Omg this has been INCREDIBLY helpful! I didn't even notice I hadn't even said his name in the comic once! That was such an oversight on my part. But dang! This is why I post to these threads to get helpful feedback such as this! From your feedback I have a good idea of where I want to go with this comic and I know I want to add another page for this just to flesh out Adwell's character intro.

I'm going to add those corrections to the comic, and draw out the last page and I am so going to be messaging you on discord for feedback and post the edits here!

One step closer to getting this comic going! I. Am. EXCITED! Thank you all once again for your feedback and critiques! They are greatly appreciated!

« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2017, 07:57 PM »
HERE'S THE NEW COMIC THUMBNAILS AND I'M STICKING TO IT. I'M READY TO START AND DO THIS COMIC. *SLAMS FIST ON DESK* Ok the text is small as hell so I'll just paste the text under the pics just in case.

Page 1

1. Ruth: Father Adwell. We have a problem.

2. Adwell: What kind of problem, Ruth?

3. Ruth: SIN

4. Ruth: The earthquakes we felt came from a "Void City"
 and upon some research I've found out that it's a place filled
with demons, aliens, and other ungodly beings.

5. Adwell's Demon:  Now appearing and only Adwell can see him.
 Leaning close to Adwell. "This sounds like our kind of place, Priest."
Adwell ignores him and continues to listen to Ruth

1. Adwell's Demon: Floating in front of Adwell in an attempt to
 block his view of Ruth. "Oh come on, Adwell. Trying to ignore me as usual?
 It's already so lonely being unseen."

2. Ruth: Looks worried "You have experience with this...
and well, I need your help"

3. Ruth: Adwell... Will you go into the city and investigate?

4. Adwell's Demon: Only if we can fuck

5. Adwell: Y-yes. I'll see what I can do.

6. Ruth: Ooh excellent! You'll be leaving today

7. Adwell: Of course! W-wait, wait. What?!

Page 3

Cut to Adwell and his demon in Void City. Adwell holding a random demon
by the collar of his shirt. Seemingly talking to himself from the random
 demon's perspective but in actuality he's talking to his partner demon.

1. Adwell's Demon: Fucking. Whipped.

2. Adwell: Like you?

3. Adwell’s Demon: Shut the hell up, Priest. You need me just as much as I nee-

4. Random Demon: Shoving Adwell off so he can run "Let go of me, freak!

5. Adwell: See? Stop talking and just posses me!

6. Adwell’s Demon: With pleasure

Page 4 

1. Adwell’s Demon possessing him: He didn't even run that far.
You're so fucking lazy.

2. Adwell: Shut up and grab him.

3. Random Demon: Wh-who are you? Your eyes!
 Are you a demon too? Why're you doing this?!

4. Adwell’s Demon possessing him: I want to possess a priest,
 he wants to exorcise demons. A mutual agreement.

5. Adwell’s Demon possessing him: And you so happen to
be the first one we've met. 

6. Adwell: You went too overboard with it. I wanted him conscious.

7. Adwell’s Demon: So? We got one down. Now’s the rest of the city to go.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 08:16 PM by Alouisse Ver »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

439 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 449.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us